Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,853 comments
I can't see why not. I see them in the states, especially at the local race tracks.

Couple towns here have Taurus SHOs are charger police cars.

So today I was on my way home from college. When suddenly I noticed something headed the other way.

I turned into a side street and had to wait for the light to change before I could pull back out. Anyway, the guy had a good 45 second lead on me, and about 5 cars between us. Just before a split onto the highway I lost sight of him. I had to make a call on which way to go. Most people go onto the highway, so I got in that lane. Noticing that he wasn't on the highway(I can see for about a 2 miles down the highway before the merge), I got back onto Mountain Road. Saw him at an intersection really car ahead. It let out while we were still a good distance apart.

Then I saw his right signal come on, and he pulled into a gas station:
CAM00616.jpg

I got out, started filling up, then walked over and asked if I could take some pictures.

I was not prepared for the next thing I heard. "Yeah, you can sit in it if you want."

And then we talked a bit about it. This is the last model year for this car, and it's got 36k miles on it. He only takes it for short cruises on nice days and special occasions.

CAM00624.jpg

CAM00621.jpg

CAM00617.jpg

Today was a good day.

Nice to hear about someone who has no problem with letting others look around their pride and joy on the spot like that. Oh, and I approve of that custom plate. 👍

E93 M3
DSC_0372.jpg

997 Turbo S
DSC_0380.jpg

Great looking example of a 928 S Series 4
DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0370.jpg

Also saw this Murcielago go past a junction but failed to get a shot. Seeing the direction he went in afterwards, I guessed he was heading to a nearby fuel station. Which happened to be the case.
DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

Last edited:
Always cool when you meet friendly owners 👍
The last Murciélago I've posted, I took some more time snapping shots when it was parked, the owner was clearly enjoying the attention the car was having.
i2ce.jpg

shv7.jpg

xkt4.jpg

i45c.jpg

oo3i.jpg

4zad.jpg

ukm3.jpg

@wiegert: looking for a Lambo that passed, check the next gas station :lol:

The last Murciélago I've posted, I took some more time snapping shots when it was parked, the owner was clearly enjoying the attention the car was having.
You only took pics of the Mucielago? Am I missing something? I see a Lotus Elise, Fiat/Bertone X1/9, and a Gallardo LP570-4.

It's a real cop car, & appears to wearing Dodge's promotional livery on it that obviously doesn't represent any county. Besides that, I would think UK folks have a good idea of what cop cars they use in different towns & the general livery they use; from what I've seen, it's not anywhere to close to the black & white we have in the states, but a white w/ a checkered pattern.

Thus, the car is probably fine as long as the owner doesn't start trying to pull people over or impersonate an officer.

May not be interesting to all of you, but a very rare spot for the US.... A 2006 european ford focus st, or a similar year. (sorry, I dont know much about european focuses, even though I love them :dunce:)

I had to double-take when I first saw it, and couldnt beleive what I saw... Its only the second one of those I have seen, the only other one being at a carshow.

(I know, pics or it didnt happen, but its the first really good find I have had in a while, and was in too much shock to take a picture :P)

Think this guy is a local that I got a worse picture of recently, can't recall what is is though

And I feel like I should easily know what make/model this is, but somehow I don't...

1960's?

and sorry for the crappy shot, was excited to see this later tonight, the spoiler in the middle of the rear window caught my eye. XR4ti? Or Ford something?

Think this guy is a local that I got a worse picture of recently, can't recall what is is though

And I feel like I should easily know what make/model this is, but somehow I don't...

1. That was the Thunderbolt clone.
2. '70 Camaro (pro-streeted)

Thank you, yeah, Thunderbolt clone, that was it. Still a great looking car. And I wanted to say Camaro, but somehow this car just seemed like more than any model name could describe I guess.

And thanks Cano for the other ID above.

And wanted to say to Muira, that's the kind of post without a pic that is okay here, I think. You're a regular in the thread, and it was something interesting to think about ("wow, a Euro model running in the US, yeah, that would get me tingling!") Not just some random yobo and a stupid "I saw a Veyron and it was fats!"

And along with that, I'll share my own. Last thing tonight, 10:15 PM, dark, cold, getting out of my 1986 300zx to go into the Italian restaurant I deliver for, and I hear a Sound. I turn and look, rumbling down the street, SRT-10. I just watch and listen until it's up the road a ways. I already posted a nice photo of the car here, and a night shot from a distance would have been crap, so I didn't worry about trying to get to my camera. But I thought it might be a nice story to share, if you can imagine it and get a little of the feeling I did. OH, yeah, American muscle is still alive!

It's not totally uncommon to see offroad-prepped trucks here, but this matte black Tundra has to be one of the most extravagant I've seen yet.

9928852483_9366af43d4_c.jpg

Doog
It's not totally uncommon to see offroad-prepped trucks here, but this matte black Tundra has to be one of the most extravagant I've seen yet.

Looks like a very soft suspension too (judging how it is leaning). Those tires look like they cost a pretty penny too. Nice paint job.

and sorry for the crappy shot, was excited to see this later tonight, the spoiler in the middle of the rear window caught my eye. XR4ti? Or Ford something?

Yeah, that looks like a Merkur XR4ti; basically an US spec Ford Sierra XR4i. Great spot! Although, the spoiler on the back reminds me of the Sierra Cosworth.

I was visiting my old teammates at h.s. yesterday and I saw a beautiful car after I was done. Some of these first cars in my area are straight astonishing. I'll get a pic up in a couple hours.

Hint- its an Alfa.

ildd, stop it! Don't post that you'll be posting something later! Just wait until you can actually post the photo! Wouldn't be yelling if you weren't a repeat offender.

That was a surprise for me too wasn't expecting to see one especially a convertible version.

The cars I've seen lately surprised me.

Well, here's a few somewhat interesting spots I've gotton.

I didn't know this variant of the Sti Impreza actually came in red.
IMG_20130922_122939_zps7b3be503.jpg

I thought that this was a e39 m5; although, now that I look at it; it looks more like a M Sport 5 series.
IMG_20130922_123932_zps86032a7f.jpg

Worse picture of the new E Class ever. I thought it was an AMG at first, but a quick google search of it led to a dissppointment. I still thought it was a good spot though since I haven't seen a brand new E class before.
IMG_20130922_124701_zps69e9883a.jpg

An Audi S4; my favorite generation in my favorite color of it. :)
You know what was funny though; the owner of this car was an old lady.
IMG_20130925_135337_zpsdf376c48.jpg

EDIT: I know 'no pic' car spots are frowned upon in this thread, but there were a couple spots that I just was too in awe to take a picture of (and one of them, I could've took a pic, but was too stupid to get my phone out).

Missed spot #1: 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302; as you know, I'm a big fan of the mustangs and I think the facelifted S197 is my 2nd favorite mustang type (it reminds me of the 1969/1970 mustangs). It was in School Bus Yellow (one of those silly colors Ford made for the mustang) and I think it's one of the Boss 302s I've seen at a couple of car shows before. It still looked quite good.

Missed Spot #2: BMW M3 2-Door e36; it was one of the best looking M3s I've seen in a while & also my favorite M3 gen. It was in that Purple color, I forget the name of the purple, but I'm pretty sure that it's one of the manufacture colors of the M3 at the time.

Last edited:
Back