Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,853 comments
jeffgoddin
And wanted to say to Muira, that's the kind of post without a pic that is okay here, I think. You're a regular in the thread, and it was something interesting to think about ("wow, a Euro model running in the US, yeah, that would get me tingling!") Not just some random yobo and a stupid "I saw a Veyron and it was fats!"

Ok, but I still try to not do that very often 👍... I saw it at soccer practice yesterday, and since I have it every Tuesday and Thursday, (tommorow and next Tuesday) I will attempt to take a pic of it if I see it.

First one I've seen in public... I think. :cheers:

DSC_0447_zps3b90a15d.jpg

These are about a week and a half old. The maroon convertible I'm unsure of but that guy has a lot of lder stuff. Mostly this is just Mustangs, Chargers, Camaros and Corvettes. Normal day. Apologies though, some were a bit tough to snap.

Dear GTP,

I realize the title refers to if I saw anything good today, to which the answer would be yes, kind of, and here they are:

Jeep Wagoneer
etwvPRT.jpg

"Blind" Mini
3bBGClX.jpg

Beetle
D9RPnXh.jpg

Old Chevy (Bel Air?)
FXe1MLv.jpg

Yet, since there's no "What car is this?" thread, I was wondering if I could count on your assistance in telling me which cars are the ones pictured after this. See, my sister is living in Australia now (Brisbane) and since I'm such a car fan, she's sending me pics of some cool cars found down under, and I'm drawing a complete blank when identifying them.

Alfa Romeo what?
MUYkGeA.jpg

Holden?
f9195Sa.jpg

Is this a Nissan? Nissan Figaro?
MpAPO5R.jpg

Sunbeam? Triumph?
rDjyb8l.jpg

^The Alfa kinda looks like an older variant of the GTV, but I'm not sure yet. The white british roadster though looks more like a MGA to me.

I was visiting my old teammates at h.s. yesterday and I saw a beautiful car after I was done. Some of these first cars in my area are straight astonishing. I'll get a pic up in a couple hours.

Hint- its an Alfa.

ildd, stop it! Don't post that you'll be posting something later! Just wait until you can actually post the photo! Wouldn't be yelling if you weren't a repeat offender.

I've done it maybe 3 times to remind myself. I've been posting on this thread for a month now. I'm posting cars that I've either never seen in-person before or older cars that are thinning out as the years go by, still in great condition... which is better than people posting tons of pics of cars they see 10 times a day, a la Chrysler 300, new-gen Camaro, Mustang, etc.

Saw this unidentifed drag car cruising when I left Burger King tonight, don't know the make but it had a nice exhaust.

Sorry for the bad resolution pics my Ipod doesn't like the night.

This looked pretty good... low and mean from the front, too. What's it based on? Chevy ...? Oh, taken from 65mph, too.

This one is in my neighbor's driveway
photo2.jpg

Tell your neighbor he rules.

This looked pretty good... low and mean from the front, too. What's it based on? Chevy ...? Oh, taken from 65mph, too.

It's obviously very VERY customized. I think they could have taken a 1949-1950 Chevy panel delivery tryck and then graft on 1949 Cadillac or 1949 Oldsmobile rear fenders, but I'm not sure at all. I'm certain it's more than one car, though. The thing has a lot of stuff custom made.

Back