Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
It's an FXX K

Literally two days after

One of my favorite things about Driveclub is that there's no aids or handling options to fiddle with, like TCS or STM or optional "simulation" physics, etc. ... I'm so glad I can just jump into DC and have the time of my life and not have to worry about stuff like that for one moment, because the game handles brilliantly right out of the box.

Ugh :rolleyes: well everybody, have fun. I won't be using it.

Literally two days after

Ugh :rolleyes: well everybody, have fun. I won't be using it.

Same here...just the word ' Hardcore' makes me roll my eyes in exasperation, I'm enjoying Driveclub as it is right now, the greatest racing game bar none and the handling physics for me are just the perfect balance...I'm sure the racing nutters on here are gonna love it :lol:

I am very much looking forward to trying Hardcore Mode but I am wondering whether or not I will use it by default from then on. Having played so much DRIVECLUB I have obviously become accustomed to the handling model and as a result the game feels... like that.
Perhaps I will feel like it isn't DC any more and I will revert back. A huge amount of the cars will be tried with Hardcore though first.

Same here...just the word ' Hardcore' makes me roll my eyes in exasperation, I'm enjoying Driveclub as it is right now, the greatest racing game bar none and the handling physics for me are just the perfect balance...I'm sure the racing nutters on here are gonna love it :lol:

Yeah I mean it's fine and if people who played it and didn't like it felt the handling wasn't deep enough, this might make them come around and I have no problem with that. My issue is, to me Driveclub is about simplicity and fun above all else, and when you start adding features targeting that audience (that takes everything a bit too seriously) you begin to turn the game into something it's not. Now they'll probably have to update the leaderboards to differentiate between assists used, and add hardcore-only lobbies, and that truly will be the last nail in the coffin.

Yeah, I don't think there's a need for new leaderboards. When GT5p had standard vs professional leaderboards, it was clear that it was faster overall with standard so anybody that want to post the best times would stick with standard. As much as I'd like to see how other hardcore drivers fare against each other, Driveclub and it's leaderboards should be mainly about the original handles. Having two different leaderboards may split the community.

What I'd like to see is fame rewards or milestone for using hardcore.

Personally, I'll be using hardcore mode for drifting. I hope it doesn't also disable the abs completely!

I think hardcore mode needs to be integrated into the current leaderboards in some way or have their own seperate ones to give the it some relevance in the game.A huge part of Driveclub is the competition,so if you're putting in the work to post a great time,you want to see how you're stacking up against fellow drivers using the same mode.

I think hardcore mode needs to be integrated into the current leaderboards in some way or have their own seperate ones to give the it some relevance in the game.A huge part of Driveclub is the competition,so if you're putting in the work to post a great time,you want to see how you're stacking up against fellow drivers using the same mode.

if they create new hardcore leaderboards it would make it a good time to make hardcore a LOT more strict when it comes to going off-road for time trial (instant lap disqualification if you do, just like the various "clean lap" objectives in the motorbikes tour) and drift shenanigans, this way there won't be a huge outcry about the current leaderboards being wiped, but the new ones will be a lot cleaner

Driveclub mp at it's finest. :dopey::lol:

yLOaqQ.gif

Started last with 3 secs waiting to avoid ramming, still finished first.

Driveclub mp at it's finest. :dopey::lol:

yLOaqQ.gif

Started last with 3 secs waiting to avoid ramming, still finished first.

How is it even possible to crash that hard? I thought cars had emphasized gravity so they wouldn't be able to go airborne.

You'd be surprised...I've rolled about 4 or more times in some very horrific crashes. Usually with the Hypercars after making a bad mistake. :P

It's very fun, in a **** your pants way I suppose. :lol:
I rolled and successfully landed on all four wheels with my Ferrari 488 in nicks lobby. I drove over a bump or a hill and it instantly rolled. I never rolled myself in a accident or anybody else because I tried to prevent it.

Last edited:
So, if I could add my 2 cents...

Just many other Driveclubers, I've seen what the game has become since the release fiasco. Every update helped the game grow bigger and better. However the Hardcore update in my opinion is a step forward into something DC is not.

We all know that DC is an arcadey game, easy to pick up and play with great visuals. For those who want to go depper, DC has its secrets waiting to be found. (E.g how to better handle the cars, the shortcuts - in a good way - in each track, the correct/funnier vehicle match ups, etc)

Having such tweaks avaiable will add variants the game doesn't need. DC is all about how the driver handles the car the way it's given. That's what makes the game acessible. Besides that, it will divide (I think) the community between Hardcore drivers and non Hardcore.

And I know we'll always be able to toggle off the Hardcore mode, but if I wanted something more simulaton oriented I'd be playing Project Cars instead.

To finish my post, on the other hand this Hardcore mode will serve to us to see and wonder what Evo could potentialy do if they wanted to make a racing game more Sim like.

So, if I could add my 2 cents...

Just many other Driveclubers, I've seen what the game has become since the release fiasco. Every update helped the game grow bigger and better. However the Hardcore update in my opinion is a step forward into something DC is not.

We all know that DC is an arcadey game, easy to pick up and play with great visuals. For those who want to go depper, DC has its secrets waiting to be found. (E.g how to better handle the cars, the shortcuts - in a good way - in each track, the correct/funnier vehicle match ups, etc)

Having such tweaks avaiable will add variants the game doesn't need. DC is all about how the driver handles the car the way it's given. That's what makes the game acessible. Besides that, it will divide (I think) the community between Hardcore drivers and non Hardcore.

And I know we'll always be able to toggle off the Hardcore mode, but if I wanted something more simulaton oriented I'd be playing Project Cars instead.

To finish my post, on the other hand this Hardcore mode will serve to us to see and wonder what Evo could potentialy do if they wanted to make a racing game more Sim like.
I'm looking forward to hc mode though I do think some of your concerns are valid (but hopefully baseless :))

Latest Posts

Back