Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
Actually that kinda feature could work for Driveclub.

Have like a club meet as a race prep screen for a championship with avatars chilling by their cars and chatting. Kinda like a Cars & Coffee event.

I want a car meet feature like FH2.

I want a car meet feature like FH2.
Isn't FH2 based around Car Culture as well as tuning and free roam?, I'm not comparing them by all means, but to me Driveclub is a 'Jump In and Race' kind of game, while i agree this feature may be a good touch it's just that with Driveclub's OST and that 'Jump In and Race' vibe it's pulling off, it wouldn't really suit it. That's just my opinion. :P

Just came across Davidr1978 from Natural Racers in a 4 lap race on Takahagi Hills Reverse. On lap 4 I was about 30 seconds ahead of everyone else and he still managed to be 6 seconds ahead of me. Talk about speed!...

Isn't FH2 based around Car Culture as well as tuning and free roam?, I'm not comparing them by all means, but to me Driveclub is a 'Jump In and Race' kind of game, while i agree this feature may be a good touch it's just that with Driveclub's OST and that 'Jump In and Race' vibe it's pulling off, it wouldn't really suit it. That's just my opinion. :P

It's a good point you make, but sometimes I just want to watch the cars and having a free view of them with music and access to interiors is all I need. But you are right that car meet probably won't fit.

Actually that kinda feature could work for Driveclub.

Have like a club meet as a race prep screen for a championship with avatars chilling by their cars and chatting. Kinda like a Cars & Coffee event.

Honestly, I thought that this was going to be part of the game, if the intro and the bottom half of the game cover is anything to go by.

Copy paste from kie25 (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=193334468&postcount=572)

Ok guys tried the new hardcore mode and I'm very impressed, they are correct to call it hardcore, this is allot slower. They haven't simply turned off assist, there is now less cornering grip, less braking power, grip has actually been reduced in a big way, my lap last night on AHR 1 was about 10 seconds off my current best in the same car, although I was using a different wheel to what I use at home.I'd say the difference will be about 5-8 seconds once you learn the new brake points and lower grip. In my opinion it makes everything more realistic hot hatches torque steer in heavy rain, braking in the wet can be extremely tricky, was racing kinloch in a 458 special in heavy rain and braking into the 1st bend was ultra hard, it will need re learning as all your old brake markers are far to late, now it all feel more realistic, even the replays look more realistic as the cars are visually slower through the bends. The cars also felt much more alive, you could feel the power now, the Evantra in heavy rain was suicide.It's like a whole new game, I thought it would basically be like grid with no assist but this is now closer to your GT type handling It's easily more simulation than arcade in this new mode. And credit to evo for the change they could easily just took TC off left grip the same etc, but evo did it properly and now Driveclub offers arcade and sim fans a game worth playing.

Anyway, is kie25 here, too?

I haven't played in a few days, but I noticed lift-off oversteer in almost every car I drove. Additionally, some cars would start to slide as soon as I hit the brakes. Obviously in racing sims like GT6, you're supposed to brake in a straight line, but I try to do that all the time in DC, and the rear just loses traction completely.

...Anyway, is kie25 here, too?
I'm not actually sure. I think he has shown up occasionally and some of the folks here certainly know him and are in the same club, but I don't think he's been forum-active here for quite a while.

Thanks for re-posting his comments 👍

Last edited:
Wow, that's unexpected. And sounds really awesome.

Anyone seen anything about AI revision for when in hardcore handling mode, or is this going to be only for driving against the clock or multiplayer?

Wow, that's unexpected. And sounds really awesome.

Anyone seen anything about AI revision for when in hardcore handling mode, or is this going to be only for driving against the clock or multiplayer?

That would be interesting if AI had no assists. Their clean lines and perfect throttle control out of turns is annoying lol.

I turned on Driveclub today with a notification that all my data had been corrupted. I lost all my stars but somehow retained all unlocks and levels, I tried everything to get the stars back but I don't know what to do, or if I'll play again. I spent months getting all that stuff.

I turned on Driveclub today with a notification that all my data had been corrupted. I lost all my stars but somehow retained all unlocks and levels, I tried everything to get the stars back but I don't know what to do, or if I'll play again. I spent months getting all that stuff.

Oh man that sucks! Perhaps @lldantell was right that Evo has turned DC into Pcars.:sly::scared:

Seriously though, if you have PS+ you should have cloud storage backups of your game saves, you could try retrieving it from there. I try to keep in the habit of manually backing up saves to my external HDD too from time to time, as my Pcars save got corrupted once before I had PS+ and I lost everything. Haven't heard of it happening in DC before though, that's unlucky as mate.

I did try that, didn't work.

I cheered up and looked at the bright side, I am only at level 65 and it gives me something to do other than grinding to get my level up.

At least you're being positive about it. Not everyone could look on the bright side, but I guess if you've still got all your unlocks, and all you've lost is your stars, it's not really a biggie.

I was just bummed that I had every star, including DLC and Bikes. The gold ones too, and some of the events I may have only beat by the skin of my teeth after grinding for hours. Hopefully it isn't like that again.

I was just bummed that I had every star, including DLC and Bikes. The gold ones too, and some of the events I may have only beat by the skin of my teeth after grinding for hours. Hopefully it isn't like that again.

If I remember correctly, Rushy saying that stars progression also stored on the server. I will try to call him here.

Create a Twitter account and send a tweet to rushy.

I know @Brend had this problem too quite some time ago. I think Evolution mentioned it back then, so contact Rushy or PhenomEvolution (Jamie)

I had a corrupt like that on GT5 - trouble was, I lost everything, had to start the whole thing from scratch after 250,000 miles...I just laughed for a day or so - but I'm weird like that :)

A similar thing happened to me today. However, I didn't receive any notification, and all of my tour progress was still intact. What actually happened was that my accolade badges on the cars had disappeared, and that all of them had been reset to level 1. Not a dramatic loss, but still unsure as to why it happened.

Back