Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
So, if I could add my 2 cents...

Just many other Driveclubers, I've seen what the game has become since the release fiasco. Every update helped the game grow bigger and better. However the Hardcore update in my opinion is a step forward into something DC is not.

We all know that DC is an arcadey game, easy to pick up and play with great visuals. For those who want to go depper, DC has its secrets waiting to be found. (E.g how to better handle the cars, the shortcuts - in a good way - in each track, the correct/funnier vehicle match ups, etc)

Having such tweaks avaiable will add variants the game doesn't need. DC is all about how the driver handles the car the way it's given. That's what makes the game acessible. Besides that, it will divide (I think) the community between Hardcore drivers and non Hardcore.

And I know we'll always be able to toggle off the Hardcore mode, but if I wanted something more simulaton oriented I'd be playing Project Cars instead.

To finish my post, on the other hand this Hardcore mode will serve to us to see and wonder what Evo could potentialy do if they wanted to make a racing game more Sim like.

Hardcore mode won't make the game more sim like at all, it just disables the assists. The physics will be the same DC we all know and love, but without the assists to make it a bit more difficult to control the cars.

I think that saying it will show what Evolution are capable of when it comes to simulation is selling them short, as removing the assists won't make the physics more realistic, it's just adding the option a lot of us have been wanting since the game came out. They're not trying to make it a sim, so we can't judge their abilities in that area just because of this.

Personally, I think it will finally give drift mode some much needed life. The drift mode, to me, was awful because of the forced assists. It forced the driver to chuck the car around in a stupid way to get points, instead of trying to get nice drifts going. With the assists off, drifting will be more natural, and drift mode will come to life big time.

I feel stupid for not knowing Evo made Motorstorm. I thought they only included the dune buggy as part of a promotion for Motorstorm. :guilty:

It's easy to now how a more sim game was made from Evolution Studios!

They are the studio ho maked the WRC in PlayStation 2 (for me still the best WRC that been developed), then sony and evolution Studios lost the license and exclusivity and the studio maked the MotorStorm series on PlayStation 3,psp and PsVita..

For the hardcore mode....well,my opinion is that i like the game like it is now, jump in the car and just have fun driving and racing.. So for me the hardcore mode is useless.. I don't even gonna use it.

Like other said, for playing without assists and other things I've got Project C.A.R.S and will buy assetto Corsa and dirt rally...

Hardcore mode won't make the game more sim like at all, it just disables the assists. The physics will be the same DC we all know and love, but without the assists to make it a bit more difficult to control the cars.

I think that saying it will show what Evolution are capable of when it comes to simulation is selling them short, as removing the assists won't make the physics more realistic, it's just adding the option a lot of us have been wanting since the game came out. They're not trying to make it a sim, so we can't judge their abilities in that area just because of this.

Personally, I think it will finally give drift mode some much needed life. The drift mode, to me, was awful because of the forced assists. It forced the driver to chuck the car around in a stupid way to get points, instead of trying to get nice drifts going. With the assists off, drifting will be more natural, and drift mode will come to life big time.
I agree, DC's community is very relaxed compared to others (ah... the good old ABS vs non ABS GT thread) and I don't think this is going to have a negative impact at all. It will simply give players another way to play the game. I hated drift mode, It was basically the opposite of what drifting is supposed to be.

And I know we'll always be able to toggle off the Hardcore mode, but if I wanted something more simulaton oriented I'd be playing Project Cars instead.
Not for me. While I do enjoy sim racers like pCars, AC and GT, I do love DC's game-play style: Pick a car and track and go; no setup tweaking, no tire choice, no concern about fuel, etc. The hardcore option merely adds more depth for me. I hope that (eventually) it will be possible to filter challenge results on difficulty level.

I had a nice XP boost today I did 2 MP races and an elite level challenge. After all 3 races I got a different accolade bonus and all were over 250k lol. Also had a funny MP race, I was last and after a 1st corner pile up I overtook all 7 cars ahead of me:lol:

These people focus too much on ramming their opponents out of the race, that they forget to actually race. It's good that you took advantage of that. We all should.

Be like Bluemoon.

When I think of hardcore option with motion controls:

drooling-smiley.png

When most people think of hardcore option with motion controls:

fear_6.jpg

These people focus too much on ramming their opponents out of the race, that they forget to actually race. It's good that you took advantage of that. We all should.

Be like Bluemoon.

You sir deserve very special words from a very special man:

Sorry guys just checked and it was only 5 cars but I still got past all with no damage. It looked like more at the time, I got the replay and here is the first corner

I had a nice XP boost today I did 2 MP races and an elite level challenge. After all 3 races I got a different accolade bonus and all were over 250k lol. Also had a funny MP race, I was last and after a 1st corner pile up I overtook all 7 cars ahead of me:lol:
That's the way. I found if you stay cool in the first few corners and dodge the mayhem as they all crash then you can at least get a top 3 place!

Quick question: Are there full animations for getting into your cars? Evo has went above and beyond with the level of detail they have put into Driveclub, but I'm a little disappointed that the game automatically jumps through the whole entrance animation. If I want to skip the animation and get straight into the race, I'll just press X. When I want to appreciate their work, I can handle sitting for five seconds. Once your character has sat down, it would be nice to look around the interior and zoom in on different parts.

In the garage area you can let the camera go about its panning routines, which if you put the controller down will go to full-screen (no menu bar at the bottom) after a few seconds and include an interior pan-around. Unfortunately, you won't be able to zoom in, but the 'tour' is quite leisurely and gives you a better look at the detail.

There is no fuller version for entering the car, at least not yet.

Quick question: Are there full animations for getting into your cars? Evo has went above and beyond with the level of detail they have put into Driveclub, but I'm a little disappointed that the game automatically jumps through the whole entrance animation. If I want to skip the animation and get straight into the race, I'll just press X. When I want to appreciate their work, I can handle sitting for five seconds. Once your character has sat down, it would be nice to look around the interior and zoom in on different parts.

It's a shame that you can't walk around the car and inspect it, as well as actually turn the ignition on, as you could when they originally revealed the game. still don't understand why they cut that part.

Next thing you'll be wanting some kind of rewind feature. Lol :banghead:

Not only do those two features have nothing in common, the feature I was talking about was literally shown as being in the game when it was first revealed. You might as well have said that I wanted to add rocket powered dinosaurs into the game, and it would make about as much sense as what you did actually say.

Not only do those two features have nothing in common, the feature I was talking about was literally shown as being in the game when it was first revealed. You might as well have said that I wanted to add rocket powered dinosaurs into the game, and it would make about as much sense as what you did actually say.

The walk around feature and the Rewind feature are in a certain other game by Turn 10 so my original post still stands. LOl :rolleyes:

Do they have exclusive rights to this feature?

No the rewind feature is also in PC i think, might have had a bad dream about that one oops sorry.

This rewind feature? Allowing you to rewind and essentially retry a certain bit of the track which you failed on initially?. Codemaster's normally have that feature. GRID, GRID 2, and the F1 Games are a prime example.

It's a shame that you can't walk around the car and inspect it, as well as actually turn the ignition on, as you could when they originally revealed the game. still don't understand why they cut that part.
The Project Gotham games had a feature like that where you could walk around your garage and inspect your cars, it was a really nice touch.

This rewind feature? Allowing you to rewind and essentially retry a certain bit of the track which you failed on initially?. Codemaster's normally have that feature. GRID, GRID 2, and the F1 Games are a prime example.
Also Dirt 2 and 3 had it (possibly the first too, but I can't remember that far back :lol:)

Actually that kinda feature could work for Driveclub.

Have like a club meet as a race prep screen for a championship with avatars chilling by their cars and chatting. Kinda like a Cars & Coffee event.

Latest Posts

Back