Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
I don't see whats wrong with a souped up Civic as opposed to supercar variant 45

Never liked it. Don't get me wrong though, I too would like to see more low powered cars. But I've never understood the love for the Civic.

Because the Civic Type R is arguably one of the most insane hot-hatches to come out in the last 5 years?

I need more than a powerful engine to be impressed. The Veyron and Audio RS6 Are both some of the most powerful cars in their respective classes, but they're also both examples of unnecessary and outright idiotic pieces of engineering.

Someone mentioned somewhere, sometime that there's a car in DriveClub that has a throttle indicator on the dashboard. Does anyone know which one it is?
I'm using right stick for throttle at the moment and I want to see if I'm getting 100% throttle.

Someone mentioned somewhere, sometime that there's a car in DriveClub that has a throttle indicator on the dashboard. Does anyone know which one it is?
I'm using right stick for throttle at the moment and I want to see if I'm getting 100% throttle.

DS Survolt has it on the steering wheel. Top left part of the screen in the wheel.

I need more than a powerful engine to be impressed. The Veyron and Audio RS6 Are both some of the most powerful cars in their respective classes, but they're also both examples of unnecessary and outright idiotic pieces of engineering.

You Sir, have probably never seen a RS6 in action... :rolleyes:

Rushy just retweeted a tweet about the Civic R getting nominated for car of the year...

..not to start some hype or anything. :D :D
Hmmm, could this be a hint? 0.0 I will love to see that Civic Type-R come in Driveclub, but it's interesting nonetheless. :D

While I agree with your definition of the Veyron (basically an awful looking whale on wheels), I cannot say the same for the RS6. I'd love to have an AWD estate that has the same power of a supercar, it is the best fast family car besides the Impreza STI IMO.
Never liked it. Don't get me wrong though, I too would like to see more low powered cars. But I've never understood the love for the Civic.
I think that many people love the new Civic because we haven't seen one for a long time. Also, in a time where everyone is telling us that we have to go green, quiet and boring, that car takes all of that and throws it in the trash. It's a track-ready car both on paper and looks.

Last edited:
I pray they don't put they veyron in this game. Honestly I was so happy they didn't put it in the game when I originally saw the car list. I also kept telling myself it's only a matter of time before they do, but they haven't yet. I hate that thing, it's so big, and so heavy, I'm surprised that it can even hit 250.

I pray they don't put they veyron in this game. Honestly I was so happy they didn't put it in the game when I originally saw the car list. I also kept telling myself it's only a matter of time before they do, but they haven't yet. I hate that thing, it's so big, and so heavy, I'm surprised that it can even hit 250.

"Introducing the all-new Bugatti™ Battering Ram™ for the critically-acclaimed racing game, Driveclub! Available for only $0.99 on the Playstation Store! Get it today, and be hated by everyone in minutes!"

Dan
"Introducing the all-new Bugatti™ Battering Ram™ for the critically-acclaimed racing game, Driveclub! Available for only $0.99 on the Playstation Store! Get it today, and be hated by everyone in minutes!"
It'd be a free update

While I agree with your definition of the Veyron (basically an awful looking whale on wheels), I cannot say the same for the RS6. I'd love to have an AWD estate that has the same power of a supercar, it is the best fast family car besides the Impreza STI

But why? Why does an Estate need nearly 600 horsepower? A supercar will get a big engine so that you can go to a track and have fun. You're not going to do that with a two plus ton estate. It's completely pointless to me.

But why? Why does an Estate need nearly 600 horsepower? A supercar will get a big engine so that you can go to a track and have fun. You're not going to do that with a two plus ton estate. It's completely pointless to me.

Why? One reason is for the Audi people to have a crack at something unusual for a change rather than just the usual 3-box sedans with 4 cylinder diesels.

The other reason? Because they can.

Plus BMW made the M3 and M5 and Mercedes made cl65 and c63. So it would make since for Audi to build something like a rs6. I am pretty sure you can get a rs6 as the same size as a m5 also.

Over-powerful family cars are just a weird idea - personally, I don't think many Audi drivers should be allowed to breed ;) certainly not in the UK as 90% of the time they are an absolute menace on the roads and they'd just bring up their kids to be the same.

The Veyron in DC would be extremely under-used due to the twisty nature of the tracks - people are asking
for it purely because they can, not because they need it.

I'm happy for the Civic to get included though.

Happy about the Civic, this game needs way more hot hatches and lower class cars in general. I knew hyper and super would get the bulk of DLC attention, but not as much as it has.

So is it confirmed that DC is getting the new Civic Type R this month with the R34 Skyline?
Civic is not confirmed, all it was, was a comment made by evolution on twitter. The R34 on the other hand is because there is video proof of it in the game.

Grrrr, I am hyped for more info. We know new tracks(possibly city courses) are coming, Hardcore Mode, and an Nissan GTR R34. Anything else?

Just wait until you get to Punching Above Your Weight and Venom Hot Lap... :P

Oh dear god. I've done Punching Above Your Weight already and I thought that was a challenge, but there's a Venom hot lap?! Hopefully the game doesn't get too mad at me for crashing into every pixel on the track.

Back