GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,458 comments
After an amazing week last week where I not only reached A+ status, but continued to win races in A+ lobbies, last night I was brought back down to earth with a bump.

I stuck with the G70 at Brands, but without the brilliant tune that I copied and used last week I didn't enjoy the car so much. My Qualifying was initially a long way off the pace, but I eventually got a semi decent time and joined a race.
I was miles off the pace, and quickly ended up nearly last with absolutely destroyed tyres and a total loss of confidence!

After a bit more Time Trial, I decided to give the Honda NSX a try. This felt much nicer to drive, and I ended up with a time which put me in the top 250 which was too bad compared to earlier.

I had one quick race in it before bed and it was a much more pleasant experience. The biggest improvement was the tyre wear which meant I wasn't sliding around all over the place in the last few laps.
I ended up P2 in the race with a late overtake as my pace wasn't dropping off like the G70 drivers.

Hopefully tonight will bring further improvements with some more Time Trial practice.
Well noted this! I also found the G70 less comfortable to drive without the adjustable LSD settings. Especially in the last turn I slide more (also with new tires). Maybe I'll also try another car when I go racing.

Well noted this! I also found the G70 less comfortable to drive without the adjustable LSD settings. Especially in the last turn I slide more (also with new tires). Maybe I'll also try another car when I go racing.
You have to drive it like we had to drive the Mazda 3 when that was op (although all the FF cars are the same).

The two tips I have is firstly do everything you can to minimise wheel spin as this loads the diff up and best case you'll notice the revs dropping as it feeds the power in, worst case is horrific understeer.

Tip 1. Prioritise keeping acceleration when you are as straight as possible and in a smooth consistent way to allow the diff to do its thing correctly.

Tip 2. Pre loading/coasting/short shifting really helps the car turn and exit corners. Coasting but carrying more speed really helps as well on a few of the corners with short shifting to 4th on the last corner really helping to maximise traction and thus acceleration.

Just out of curiosity and due to the 600% credit boost bonus that Race B has, I decided to give it a chance for today thus passing over Daily Race A for now.

First session - I went for the Nissan GTR NISMO GT3 '18 for the three sessions I'm in but in qualifying sessions I chose the Genesis. Managed to get a time of 2:02.8 and in the first two sessions it was pole position. Now for the race, it went horribly bad for my first time using the GTR on a Daily Race as I got scuffed on the Dipper section of the track which screwed up my chances of getting a win on this track. Was able to recover to P3 but still its a shame I wasn't able to make the most out of my pole position.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240924104418.png

Second session - And this is where I made sure I didn't screw up this time around. Despite once again hitting the wall on the Dipper section once more on lap 2, I was able to recover the lead quickly before the end of the lap on the Murrays corner and from there I was able to get the win after consistent driving.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240924110415.png

Third session - Started P2 in this race and this is like most oof choke I've seen in my experiences of doing Daily Races. So the person in pole position was undeniably quick with the GR Supra and he led all the way until in the last lap of the race where I was settling in on 2nd place, the GR Supra user choked on the Chase part of the track and it caused him to lose the lead to me. He was able to recover enough to finish P3 but it had a "illuminati" moment. Still a win is a win.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240924112455.png

One thing I gotta say in these sessions is I like how varied the top 5 was except maybe for the first run where there were two Genesis X-GR3s.

Been working quite a bit at race B at Bathearst, and managed a 2:04-something in the Supra. Question to fellow Supra drivers: What have you landed on for Brake Balance? Tidgney suggests +2, but I think that is from before the physics changed. I am currently on -1 which I find is good for the downhill bends before the back strait.

You have to drive it like we had to drive the Mazda 3 when that was op (although all the FF cars are the same).

The two tips I have is firstly do everything you can to minimise wheel spin as this loads the diff up and best case you'll notice the revs dropping as it feeds the power in, worst case is horrific understeer.

Tip 1. Prioritise keeping acceleration when you are as straight as possible and in a smooth consistent way to allow the diff to do its thing correctly.

Tip 2. Pre loading/coasting/short shifting really helps the car turn and exit corners. Coasting but carrying more speed really helps as well on a few of the corners with short shifting to 4th on the last corner really helping to maximise traction and thus acceleration.
I hate with passion this cars in Gr.4 (G70 and Mazda 3).
I find those tips very counterintuitive (and unrealistic) but they work in this game.

It feels weird to short shift to 4th gear and the engine noise doesnt help to feel you are gaining in relation with over revving 3rd gear.

The good thing with this cars (may be is a weight thing) is the FFB.
Yesterday I was trying different cars and when I jump into my beloved 4C after testing the G70 there was nothing on the wheel.
Felt super light :ouch:

Edit: grammar

Last edited:
Under BoP, it's horrible within the Gr2 class.
That I know, of course. I think that situation is awful as well and really can only be remedied by subcategories that are desperately needed. That said, I don’t see how that makes the TS020 overrated.

Latest Posts

Back