Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
IIRC, Evo said that you'd be slower using Hardcore Mode than you are using the normal driving mechanics.
Should we not be faster with assists turned off?

So guys does the game feel like PGR now with Hardcore mode and Edinburgh?

I'm thoroughly enjoying the new Scotland circuit and the several variants in which its playable.

Old Town 02 in particular is rather enticing. I had a substantial amount of fun flying through the village centre in the McLaren P1 GTR. Seemingly, I broke both the forward and reverse world records in the process of doing so.

Mind you, I don't think I'll remain there for very long. :lol:

Thanks guys, I had a chat with Rushy on Twitter and he just said I should restart the update. Worked and downloaded.

I only had a few minutes to play today but here's my views thus far:

Hardcore mode I still need to test out more but so far I picked up that the cars feel weightier now, braking is not as good as Non-Hardcore and of course.... Bigger skids :sly:

As for the new cars they're nice. The R34 was pleasant but my lovely blow off note and RB26 wail seemed like it was missing.

The Civic Type R is fun and a little interesting on Hardcore mode. I LOVE the Civic's blow off note.

Dan
So, with the hardcore handling mode, is drifting still almost impossible?

Drifting is much easier in hardcore mode, and a lot of the time there's no need at all to use the handbrake to initiate a drift. In fact even doing time trials I end up getting drifting points in many cars where I never got any at all before.

On a counter steering related note I find that cockpit view is pretty much required for me in many cars in hardcore mode (it was really my preferred view before anyway) since I'm more precise and slides are easier to catch when I can see the steering wheel (I also use motion controls).

Drifting is much easier in hardcore mode, and a lot of the time there's no need at all to use the handbrake to initiate a drift. In fact even doing time trials I end up getting drifting points in many cars where I never got any at all before.

On a counter steering related note I find that cockpit view is pretty much required for me in many cars in hardcore mode (it was really my preferred view before anyway) since I'm more precise and slides are easier to catch when I can see the steering wheel (I also use motion controls).

I still find it a bit too hard to get most cars to rotate. I feel like the tires are a bit too sticky for what I want to do. Most times to initiate a drift I'm using alot of inertia and a little bit of handbrake. I shouldnt need the handbrake at all to initiate one. Still having alot of fun with it tho, worlds better than before.

how is it overrated? it looks and plays better, and improves better physics calculations. Does it have to be in every game/genre? No. but for shooters and sim racers 60 FPS is very important.

In terms of motion, it looks better. In terms of visual detail, which Driveclub prides itself on, it makes games look worse.

Well... I'm still a bit miffed about the cokpit view in the Civic. It's basically the same problem with the TwinRun. A little bit of adjustment and would be perfect.

As it is, I'm not very happy. I like to use cockpit view without the HUD and this adjustment makes it impossible to read the speedo.
Be like me, blind as a bat so you don't worry about reading the speedo - seriously though, you folks actually can read that thing in other cars? I always go by the sound.

Last edited:
I have only tried the Peugeot Onyx in hardcore mode and the differences are minimal.

* Need more braking distance
* Cars tends to understeer more
* Can carry less speed through corners
* Need to be a bit more gentle on the throttle.

I still think that the handling model is very forgiving. However need to try other cars to see if it is the same case for them.

HC Mode is disabled in mp.
This is what is really annoying me about HC mode.

There is literally no 'reason' or logic in using it. I was 90% sure we'd have Hardcore playlists or something in that vein! Those using HC mode will be 95% likely to have done everything DC has to offer so if you arent doing random challenges its a bit of a waste.

Won't be surprised to see more HC support patched in, or rather I hope it is.

Check Driveclub's Twitter page if others have the same problem. SE Asia has been a bit late when it comes to getting updates. Mine haven't seen any update too. Might come around 12AM GMT+8.

Also, loving the update. I will definitely buy the pack, but not the bikes as I've only tried the free one and it doesn't gel with me yet.

To players in SE Asia - Have you got the update yet?
I'm in Malaysia, but remain on 1.25 - no sign of 1.26
(I don't use Twitter!)

Last edited:
I have done laps around different tracks so I can beat Nick's and Mikey's times and I beaten one of Mike's times and two of Nick's times. The lap times between Mike's and mine's at AHR with the FXX K with the aids on was close(1:24.040 and 1:25.145(My time)). I beaten the other times at oliver's landing and Sentraltind.

I don't understand how Sony infrastructure works but it is a shame that a single update cannot be pushed simultaneously to everyone...
Each region is largely autonomous with different games and schedules (including days they deem suitable for game releases) I remember Evolution trying to get patch releases to be simultaneous in the past but had problems; the monthly updates always came out later for Asia and it took something like ten months to narrow that gap down.

HC Mode is disabled in mp.
Nope, not in private lobbies it isn't. You have the choice of enforcing it on or off or leaving it as optional.

Last edited:
Each region is largely autonomous with different games and schedules (including days they deem suitable for game releases) I remember Evolution trying to get patch releases to be simultaneous in the past but had problems; the monthly updates always came out later for Asia and it took something like ten months to narrow that gap down.

Nope, not in private lobbies it isn't. You have the choice of enforcing it on or off or leaving it as optional.

I meant in normal public lobbies, should have made it clearer oops.

To players in SE Asia - Have you got the update yet?
I'm in Malaysia, but remain on 1.25 - no sign of 1.26
(I don't use Twitter!)

Yes I did, you should go to the "Check for Update" option. It should start downloading.

A few laps in with Hardcore Mode on the new tracks with the SLS Black is fun. Drifting is enjoyable, the persistent understeer less so. For racing, not a big fan of the new mode. Its much better for drifting in my opinion.

Skyline sounds awesome, forgot the speedometer reads in km/h, was surprised I was doing 180mph at first glance.

Last edited:
Yes I did, you should go to the "Check for Update" option. It should start downloading.

A few laps in with Hardcore Mode on the new tracks with the SLS Black is fun. Drifting is enjoyable, the persistent understeer less so. For racing, not a big fan of the new mode. Its much better for drifting in my opinion.

Skyline sounds awesome, forgot the speedometer reads in km/h, was surprised I was doing 180mph at first glance.

Got the update now - thanks

Last edited:
@Brend I didn't know that Driveclub had minus side of the laderboard until now. Haha :lol:

qW99gEU.jpg

Back