DTM Season 2 Intrest/Sign Up

• Thread starter GM
  • 145 comments
RACECAR and me are still trying to figure out a race schedule and procedures. Rules are also in the works.

Wow I completly forgot about this thread to be honest....

I've realised it's been taken over so if you guys need any help with the series then feel free to PM me.

Good luck 👍

GM
Wow I completly forgot about this thread to be honest....

I've realised it's been taken over so if you guys need any help with the series then feel free to PM me.

Good luck 👍

Thanks for the support. :)

PM'ed RACECAR my ideas for a schedule, here they are, tell me if you like them/hate them.

Pre-Season Test Sessions
  1. Special Stage Route 5 (June 18-24)
  2. Grand Valley Speedway (July 2-July 8)
  3. Twin-Ring Motegi Super Speedway (July 9-July 15)

Point Races
  1. Apricot Hill (19 Laps) [July 22]
  2. Trial Mountain (17 Laps) [August 3]
  3. Clubman Stage Route 5 (30 Laps) [August 12]
  4. Cote d Azur (21 Laps) [August 25]
  5. Fuji Speedway '05 (18 Laps) [September 1]
  6. Laguna Seca (20 Laps) [September 9]
  7. High Speed Ring (18 Laps) [September 21]
  8. Test Course (12 Laps) [October 7]
  9. Autumn Ring (23 Laps) [October 20]
  10. Midfield (19 laps) [October 28]
  11. Nurburgring (6 Laps) [November 10]
  12. El Capitan (16 Laps) [November 18]
  13. Circuit de la Sarthe II (10 Laps) [December 1]
  14. Suzuka (16 Laps) [December 16]

Red indicates the due date of your times (qualifying & race). You are not required to participate or submit time for the pre-season test sessions, but it is recommended that you do participate in testing.

TS
Thanks for the support. :)

PM'ed RACECAR my ideas for a schedule, here they are, tell me if you like them/hate them.
  1. Apricot Hill (19 Laps)
  2. Trial Mountain (17 Laps)
  3. Clubman Stage Route 5 (30 Laps)
  4. Cote d Azur (21 Laps)
  5. Fuji Speedway '05 (18 Laps)
  6. Laguna Seca (20 Laps)
  7. High Speed Ring (18 Laps)
  8. Test Course (12 Laps)
  9. Autumn Ring (23 Laps)
  10. Midfield (19 laps)
  11. Nurburgring (6 Laps)
  12. Citti di Aria
  13. Circuit de la Sarth II
  14. Suzuka
it looks good, though you might want to be specific on which Fuji Speedway 05 will be on the schedule.

ATTENTION

The Official Specs are here. review these carefully:

Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car (2002)

• Engine Type: V8
  • Displacement: 3988cc
  • Power: 464hp/6900rpm
  • Torque: 376.04ft.lb/5700rpm
  • Dimentions:
  • 4600mm x 1850mm x 1203mm
  • Weight: 1080kg
  • Pwr/Wgt ratio: 2.296
  • Drivetrain: --
Red Bull Audi A4 Audi A4 Touring Car (2004)

• Displacement: 4000cc
  • Power: 461hp @ N/A RPM
  • Torque: N/A
  • Dimentions: 4800mm x 1850mm x 1200mm
  • Weight: 1080kg
  • Pwr/Wgt ratio: 2.344
  • Drivetrain: FR
Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car (2000)

• Displacement: 4000cc
  • Power: 443HP/7500RPM
  • Torque: N/A
  • Dimentions: 4655x1850x1260
  • Weight: 1000kg
  • Pwr/Wgt ratio: 2.224

Opel (Opel Team Phoenix)/Vauxhall Astra Touring Car (2000)

• Engine Type: V8:
  • Displacement: 3998cc
  • Power: 455/7500RPM
  • Torque: 368.87ft. lb/5000 RPM
  • Dimentions: 4290x1850x1250
  • Weight: 1000kg
  • Pwr/Wgt ratio: 2.170

Rules are still in the works, but they will be posted upon Completion.

ATTENTION

The official Points table for Driver, team Championships and Manufacterersare here. please look at these demonstrations carefully:
Drivers Championship
The basic finishing positions that will play a vital roll in the championship:

Code:
1st - 20
2nd - 18
3rd - 16
4th - 14
5th - 12
6th - 10
7th - 8
8th - 6
9th - 4
10th - 2

Team Championship
this is based solely on the finishing order of the drivers, which is determined by the points earned by each driver:
Code:
1st - TS
2nd - C-H-A-R-G-E-R
3rd - Azevedojose
4th - Earth
5th - RACECAR
6th - CAMIkaze
7th - NIGHT MICHAEL
8th - Oldphart
9th - TYRE KING
10th - ICallShotgun
here we see the finishing order. now we look at the Teams they drove for in those same positions,
Code:
1st - AMG Team Racerworkz 
2nd - Red Square Racing
3rd - Opel Team Pheonix
4th - Audi Sport Team Abt
5th - AMG Team Racerworkz
6th - Opel Team Pheonix
7th - Red Square Racing
8th - Comedy Racing Team
9th - Comedy racing Team 
10th - Team ICS
each Team gets points based on each driver's finish.

Code:
AMG Team Racerworkz - 32 
Red Square Racing - 26
Opel Team Pheonix - 26
Audi Sport Team Abt - 14
Comedy Racing Team - 14
Team ICS - 2
Manufacterers Championship
this is based solely on the order of the teams, which is determined by the points earned from the drivers:
Code:
AMG Team Racerworkz 
Red Square Racing 
Opel Team Pheonix 
Audi Sport Team Abt 
Comedy Racing Team 
Team ICS
we now look at the manufacterers the teams drive for in the same order,
Code:
Mercedes
Opel
Opel
Audi
Mercedes
Audi
the points from the teams are then added up and given to the manufacterers,
Code:
Mercedes - 46
Opel - 48
Audi - 16

in total, the drivers championships played a big roll in the outcome of the how the Manufacterers championship plays out so this season of DTM will be more competitive then ever.

Is there a limit to drivers on a particular team?

If not I'm intersted in joining either Red Square Racing Team or AMG Team Racerworkz, whoever wants me

Is there a limit to drivers on a particular team?

If not I'm intersted in joining either Red Square Racing Team or AMG Team Racerworkz, whoever wants me

There are 2 drivers per team, here's a full chart of teams participating in the series.

Here be the rulebook:

DTM Season 2 Rules:

Copyright © RACECAR & TS, you may not copy, redistribute or reuse these rules without our permission.

Section 1 - Proper driving techniques.

1.1 - These rules are derived from the GTP OLR rules, if you are unfamiliar with these rules, read on.

1.2 - You must keep at least 2 of the 4 wheels of your car on the paved surface of the track at ALL times. (rumble strips are counted as pavement)

1.3 - *Any contact made with a non-paved surface or with walls/guardrails will be considered as ‘dirty’ laps and will not be counted.

1.4 - **LIGHT contact with cars on the track is permitted (i.e. love tap), but heavy contact (i.e bump ‘n run.) is not permitted and you will be penalized.

*Indicates that you as a driver are responsible for making the judgment call.
**Indicates that the game (GT4) will make the call for you in the form of a forced pit stop.

Section 2 - Points

2.1 - Drivers Championship

The basic finishing positions that will play a vital role in the championship:

Code:
1st - 20
2nd - 18
3rd - 16
4th - 14
5th - 12
6th - 10
7th - 8
8th - 6
9th - 4
10th - 2

2.2 - Team Championship

This is based solely on the finishing order of the drivers, which is determined by the points earned by each driver:

Code:
1st - TS
2nd - C-H-A-R-G-E-R
3rd - Azevedojose
4th - Earth
5th - RACECAR
6th - CAMIkaze
7th - NIGHT MICHAEL
8th - Oldphart
9th - TYRE KING
10th - ICallShotgun

Here we see the finishing order, based on the teams they drove for in those same positions.

Code:
1st - AMG Team Racerworkz 
2nd - Red Square Racing
3rd - Opel Team Pheonix
4th - Audi Sport Team Abt
5th - AMG Team Racerworkz
6th - Opel Team Pheonix
7th - Red Square Racing
8th - Comedy Racing Team
9th - Comedy racing Team 
10th - Team ICS

Each Team gets points based on each driver's finish.

Code:
AMG Team Racerworkz - 32 
Red Square Racing - 26
Opel Team Pheonix - 26
Audi Sport Team Abt - 14
Comedy Racing Team - 14
Team ICS - 2

2.3 - Manufacterers Championship

This is based solely on the order of the teams, which is determined by the points earned from the drivers:

Code:
AMG Team Racerworkz 
Red Square Racing 
Opel Team Pheonix 
Audi Sport Team Abt 
Comedy Racing Team 
Team ICS

We now look at the manufacterers the teams drive for in the same order.

Code:
Mercedes
Opel
Opel
Audi
Mercedes
Audi

The points from the teams are then added up and given to the manufacterers.

Code:
Mercedes - 46
Opel - 48
Audi - 16

In total, the drivers championships played a big roll in the outcome of the how the Manufacterers championship plays out so this season of DTM will be more competitive then ever.

2.4 - Bonus Points

These points only go towards the drivers championship!

You will be awarded 5 bonus points if you acheive each milestone in a single round.

• Pole Time (fastest qualifying lap)
  • Fastest Race Lap
  • The Minute Man (winner who defeated the 2nd place driver by at least 1 minute in their race time)

Section 3 - Penalties

3.1 - As stated in section 1.3, if you do make contact with an unpaved surface or any walls/guardrails, you will be responsible for making the call on whether or not the incident was clean or dirty.

3.2 - As stated in section 1.4, if you make heavy contact with other cars on track, that you would be forced by the game (GT4) to come to pit road, which
means that you must enable the ‘Forced Pit Entry’ option in the race section of the options menu.

3.3 - No matter what circumstances, you are not allowed to use any form of cheat, gameshark code or hybrid to give you or your team an unfair advantage against everyone else.

3.4 - You are not allowed to modify what car settings that RACECAR & myself assing for a specific race again, to prevent giving certain teams an unfair advantage.

Section 4 - Consequences

NOTE: The penalties mentioned in sections 3.1 & 3.2 will not count against you unless if you think otherwise

4.1 - If we (RACECAR & myself) ever find out that you cheated, gamesharked or used a hybrid to give yourself an performance/handling advantage against
everyone else, you will automatically be suspeneded for 3 races. The amount of races that you & your teamate are suspened for will depend on the serverity. You will also be docked 20 driver/manufacturer points.

4.2 - If we (RACECAR & myself) became aware that you or your team modified the car settings for a specific race, your times for that specific race (both
qualifying & race) will be disallowed.

Section 5 - Mandatory Race/Qualifying Requirements

5.1 - Race rualifying & the race itself must be done in Arcade mode only! We won't accept submissions that were done in Simulation mode

5.12 - You may use any front/rear tire combination for qualifying, as long as start the race with the same tire combination.

5.13 - You are also allowed the use of the driving aids (TCS & ASM) for qualifying & the race.

5.2 - There must be at least 1 pit stop made for a 4 tire change & fuel, but you may come back to pit road as many times as you wish for tire changes.

5.3 - Qualifying must be performed in time trial mode, the race must be done via the quick race menu. (yes, you will be racing with the AI.)

5.4 - You are allowed to run as many laps in qualifying as you wish, make sure you submit your fastest qualifying lap when you are sending your race times.

Section 6 - Race Information Submitting.

6.1 - When you submit your race/qualifying information, you must submit it in a format exactly like or similar to this:

Code:
Driver: [Your name here]
Number: [Your car # here]
Team: [Your team name here, team list [url=https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2716990&postcount=135]here.][/url]
Car: [Your car name here]
Qualifying Time: [Your fastest qualifying time here]
Qualifying Tire Compound/Combo: [The tire compound/combo you used for qualifying]
Total Time: [Your total race time here]
Best Race Lap: [Your fastest race lap here]
Pit Stops: [Number of pitstops you made during the race

These rules are subject to change. Last updated: July 22, 2007

EDIT: Nevermind, I look at the schedule and won't be able to take part for most of the season thanks to university.

AUDISPORTNORTHAMERICA.jpg

Earth
Audi Sport North America
Audi TT-R

Del is showing signs of interest in this series .. though he's not sure how he'll fit it in .. maybe give up his girlfriend 💡 :crazy:

Earth ... do you want a teammate ? .... if not i'll take a place in the Abt Audi TT Team 2

This is great, sure, I'll be teammates with you delfino,

Audi Sport North America

Delfino
Earth

That's going to be a tough team 👍

But I share your concerns about time, I am currently committed to,

GTPGroup C, EME Racing #98
Formula GT, Luna Loco Racing
DTM, Audi Sport North America
GTPLMS, Microsoft Pescarolo PS2
GTPLMS, Microsoft BMW McLaren F1GTR

No more for me:scared: :crazy:

Hmmm .. after seeing your schedule .. now i don't feel so bad .. having joined team Earth .. i will committ to , and complete the series 👍

Back in late December when Peter_PaP. posted in this thread, he said they wanted to team up w/me for this season. I was wondering if this person is still interested in racing for this season, so I'll send a PM to him ASAP. If I don't hear from him soon I'll ask if anyone else wants to team up with me. I am still interested in racing this series though. :)

Back in late December when Peter_PaP. posted in this thread, he said they wanted to team up w/me for this season. I was wondering if this person is still interested in racing for this season, so I'll send a PM to him ASAP. If I don't hear from him soon I'll ask if anyone else wants to team up with me. I am still interested in racing this series though. :)

You better have a team-mate by the 1st race otherwise you'll be deep hole in the team points.

Sorry guys just dont have the motivation or time. Good luck getting season 2 running tho, i had fun in the first season even tho i joined just for the last few rounds.

OOooooo So tempting ...

All depends on when this DTM S2 starts?

Sorry guys just dont have the motivation or time. Good luck getting season 2 running tho, i had fun in the first season even tho i joined just for the last few rounds.

I'll take that as an official no then.

OOooooo So tempting ...

All depends on when this DTM S2 starts?

Test session 1 starts this Monday, If I were you, I would join Camikaze now that he's without a teammate.

Updated team table, there's 2 teams with both slots open still & 2 teams with one slot open still.

Remember, Pre-Season Test sesson 1 starts this Monday. You aren't required to run it, but we recommend you do so you can familiarize yourself with your car. If you decide not to run the 3 Pre-Season tests, you don't have to worry about the series until the week of July 16-22.

Schedule
Updated Team Table

Back