EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 3,149 comments
I would consider the Moments being released daily as an alternative, albeit not strictly the same (the ones with a damage limit are a right pain sometimes), is the club easily searchable? If not, could someone provide a link?
Checkout this EA SPORTS WRC 23 Club in EA Racenet

Today’s Dirty Dailies challenge was Group B RWD on the longest Mediterraneo stage, dusk with light fading. Chose the Lancia 037 figuring if I’m gonna slide off and DNF I may as well go in style.

Nope, amazing run, the 037 came alive and made sense, one of the best experiences of this game so far.
When WRC released, because I was so used to a controller on DR 2.0 ( couldn't get to grips with the wheel for some reason ) that I used controller to start with and I did the 037 moments challenge. Once I bit the bullet and used the wheel, the game came alive and was so much more immersive, even though the controller feel is still good. I redid the 037 challenge and it was a really great experience

I'm just getting no fun out this game at all even when it runs ok, Going back to Dirt Rally on PC and driving the Mini Cooper S, I notice a big difference in sense of speed compared to WRC on my ps5, stage designs also seem more fun also.

I would consider the Moments being released daily as an alternative, albeit not strictly the same (the ones with a damage limit are a right pain sometimes), is the club easily searchable? If not, could someone provide a link?
One Moment a day wasn't enough for me. The last thing I want to do is go up against your times ha ha but here you go:

https://racenet.com/ea_sports_wrc/clubs/147

They have a weekly club as well although I haven't joined.

https://racenet.com/ea_sports_wrc/clubs/146

Last edited:
Must say going back to Group B hasn’t enhanced my relationship with the game, quite the opposite so far. God I hate the 037 at the moment. I dunno what it is. It was tough in DR2.0, but perfectly controllable and actually you could get into a decent rhythm with it if you knew the stages and when to back off. But on this, I’m despising it. That horrible, uncontrollable oversteer where it just lurches to one side under acceleration. So, so hard to recover pointing in the right direction as you go on this infuriating magical mystery tour of the game’s scenery, and so hard to get pointed back the right way even if you back up, the car just won’t go where I want it to. Kudos to anyone who’s mastered this so far. I’m hoping I will in time.

What’s making it more difficult though is the damage model, which is starting to annoy me. It’s OTT. Am I alone in this? This isn’t Wreckfest. Every stage, even before you’ve hit anything your bonnet is flapping up and down, then brush a bush and your door is flapping open before falling off, then the other one, then there goes the bonnet, the boot starts bouncing up and down then before you’ve got near the end of the stage your car is a generic black blob with no bonnet, bumpers or side doors like something Colin McRae has kicked back into shape. Hmm. I like a good damage model, but I wish these cars held together a bit better because bouncing boots and side doors are annoying me. I know the answer - “drive better”, but I do think it’s a little bit much.

Last edited:
I’m on PC (Steam) and the game is absolutely fine for me, no screen tearing just the occasional micro stutters when running a stage for the first time which then don’t happen again, running on Ultra settings and it looks damn fine too, can’t comment on the career bug as I haven’t started one yet, too busy just doing time trials and moments and it’s become very addictive, my poor flight sim is feeling pretty neglected right now and I kinda feel bad for it 🙈 CER is fantastic too, finally a tarmac stage where I’m not running on eggshells .. really hope all you guys having issues get sorted soon 👍🏼
Me too, Especially since I upgraded a week or so ago its been a joy. I honestly think the Recommended PC specs that were published may have been a tad low. ( Only performance issue I have is the reintroduction of the Shader Cache Stutter, But that's a one time thing so I don't consider that much of a problem)
Must say going back to Group B hasn’t enhanced my relationship with the game, quite the opposite so far. God I hate the 037 at the moment. I dunno what it is. It was tough in DR2.0, but perfectly controllable and actually you could get into a decent rhythm with it if you knew the stages and when to back off. But on this, I’m despising it. That horrible, uncontrollable oversteer where it just lurches to one side under acceleration. So, so hard to recover pointing in the right direction as you go on this infuriating magical mystery tour of the game’s scenery, and so hard to get pointed back the right way even if you back up, the car just won’t go where I want it to. Kudos to anyone who’s mastered this so far. I’m hoping I will in time.

What’s making it more difficult though is the damage model, which is starting to annoy me. It’s OTT. Am I alone in this? This isn’t Wreckfest. Every stage, even before you’ve hit anything your bonnet is flapping up and down, then brush a bush and your door is flapping open before falling off, then the other one, then there goes the bonnet, the boot starts bouncing up and down then before you’ve got near the end of the stage your car is a generic black blob with no bonnet, bumpers or side doors like something Colin McRae has kicked back into shape. Hmm. I like a good damage model, but I wish these cars held together a bit better because bouncing boots and side doors are annoying me. I know the answer - “drive better”, but I do think it’s a little bit much.
Lower the diff.

Like DiRT Rally the base setups aren't the easiest to get a hold of, Especially in some of the more lairy RWD cars. Back closer to release I really struggled to get one clean run of the 037 Acropolis moment for the same reason. It was a joy to slide around the hairpins and was easy enough to aim through the quicker stuff by lowering the diff. It pretty much gives you the security and feel of traction control without the jarring and frustrating pause to get out of corners.

It makes a huge difference, Same as lowering the front braking on FWD cars too. These two things are almost a necessity before driving either type of car IMO.

Last edited:
You're not the only one, a random glance at the subreddit the other day had a thread about this exact issue (albeit focused on the hood/bonnet). It irks me because I usually use the bonnet cam, all it seemingly takes is a couple knocks and then it's either flapping in your face or outright covering the camera, even without hardcore damage toggled... The bonnet pins seemed to be made of glue-tac at the moment.

I didn't like the 037 in 2.0 but quite like it in WRC. A few diff and suspension tweaks like most of the other RWD cars and it was a blast in the Moments challenge. I did wonder that the supercharger audio was a bit low but I played it in Portugal earlier and it seemed louder.

Thanks - I'll change the diff settings and hope that it belongs driveable for me! I love that car, its probably my favourite Group B era car and maybe the most beautiful rally car ever to my eyes....interestingly before I read up on Group B it's the car I associated with Henri Toivonen but in actual fact I found out he disliked the 037 quite strongly and achieved his successes in a Delta S4. I'd never associated Walter Röhrl with it, but apparently he was the guy who got the most victories with it. Shows how little I knew about that era really.

PS the Martini stripes are SO hard to get right 😫

Last edited:
Hey all, haven't seen anyone mention it yet. Is anyone else having an absolute nightmare with the H-shifter on a G920 on Series X?

It never seems to find it. Every time I go to pick up the game I have to reset the console, the game, unplug and plug back in, and then if I'm lucky, it'll work. Otherwise just keep repeating the same process til it eventually works. It's a ball ache taking 10-15 mins resetting each time I want to do a quick rally!

Doesn't have the problem with any other game so guessing it's WRC specific.

As an aside, I'd love it if there was an option to share and download liveries at some point too.....

Hey all, haven't seen anyone mention it yet. Is anyone else having an absolute nightmare with the H-shifter on a G920 on Series X?

It never seems to find it. Every time I go to pick up the game I have to reset the console, the game, unplug and plug back in, and then if I'm lucky, it'll work. Otherwise just keep repeating the same process til it eventually works. It's a ball ache taking 10-15 mins resetting each time I want to do a quick rally!

As an aside, I'd love it if there was an option to share and download liveries at some point too.....
Can’t vouch for G920, but I have to reset my TGT2/R383 rim bindings on PS5 every time I come back after playing something else. I swap out rims depending on the game, so maybe it has something to do with that.

I had the h shifter problem all the time but with Fanatec csl dd set up,work around is make sure your in h pattern mode with your shifter,then switch on Xbox then switch on the wheelbase then start the game but don’t use quick resume,and it then should find it straight away

Can't say much about shifters but totally agree with sharing liveries.
It probably won't ever happen especially seeing as the podium pass is based off of liveries and decals but if they let us make and share custom decals like you can in gran turismo it would be a game changer.
Sticking on "Tristar" or "zenon dynamic" logos doesn't hit the same as sticking on pirelli and bosch ones does it.

Last edited:
Like Spotify, Steam do "A Year In Review" thing every year Considering its a recent release it's fare to see I've already gotten my moneysworth out of WRC👍

1702941940699.png

Last edited:
That’s a fun one 🙂

Oliver’s playing the game almost non-stop so not surprised he’s fast 😁
I'm not entirely convinced he made his dad use the Rally1 cars with boost to give him an advantage. :lol:

Serious display of skill from both Solbergs though, especially given Petter's lack of experience with the game. He didn't even need chase car view so as Oliver says it can't be that far off the real thing.

Last edited:
I'm not entirely convinced he made his dad use the Rally1 cars with boost to give him an advantage. :lol:

Serious display of skill from both Solbergs though, especially given Petter's lack of experience with the game. He didn't even need chase car view so as Oliver says it can't be that far off the real thing.
I looked it up, if Oliver’s time was uploaded to the leaderboards he’d be 29th on that stage.

I'll remember that one for when I yeet it off into the trees in the future. "I need more Precision" :lol:

Goes to show how natural and accessible when Petter could jump in straight like that. I know he's played the game a bit before I believe(?) but its still impressive.👍

We should all give it a go and see how close to each of the me can get.😄

Last edited:
This has been an interesting read. Lots of arguing and bickering which I haven't seen much of on GTP.

I'm more of a long time listener/first time caller sort of deal.

But my two cents on the issues of wrc.

The issues especially around career mode being broken, just publicly acknowledge it and release some sort of road map so people know what to expect and it'll calm the user base a lot. Ignoring it makes it worse.
Like look at cyberpunk, it was a steaming mess that makes wrc look like a polished masterpiece in comparison. They rebuilt their reputation and acknowledged the problems. (Albeit because their hand was forced really, but still) Just give a little transparency like "Yes, we're having issues with the switch to unreal engine" "yes, we know the update broke career mode" "we're working on fixes we hope to get out in this particular window" etc
But instead it's very little information being handed out, even to the point that we still don't know what the future of the game looks like. Is there gonna be a new game next year or the year after or will this one be continuously updated and supported for the next number of years? People are probably justifiably sceptical of EA, so give them some clarity.
Just let us know what's happening. It is far from a unprecedented situation and totally fixable because under the screen tearing and broken modes you've a quality rally game.
Thank you. Most reasonable post so far.

I think there’s a big difference between criticising a big corporation like Codemasters, and having a go at an individual person who has ties with them. For me, games developers as an entity are fair game if they’re not delivering on what they should be, because we’re the people paying for their game and especially in these days where bad game patches can essentially render a game unplayable overnight, that’s never on and if it happens that developer deserves a lot of criticism for it. It comes with the territory. Although I don’t think CM deserve that much stick here, because nothing has rendered it unplayable and they’re clearly trying to fix a load of issues - as long as they keep up that effort to make it right and don’t abandon it like KT did, that’s fine. They’ll get there and the game’s only been out for just over a month. The only thing where I’m not sure I’m that happy with them is discounting it so heavily already because that’s a bit of a kick in the teeth for those of us who bought it day one and still haven’t had a particularly smooth run with it.

But it should never get personal, ever. Unless that individual is directly responsible for what you’re angry at them for, don’t blame them. It’s stupid.
Exactly.

Had my first very short go before patch 1.4. Very stuttery then.
Then I tried again yesterday and the stuttering (caching) seems to be gone. Car handling also feels really good so this looks promising.

For me having played it post-patch, the increase in tearing must be due to the increase in foliage density etc which for me is completely unnecessary, I’d rather the game just ran better. I really wouldn’t care if they just undid that completely, not at all. It was running better than this.

They announced the next patch will come mid january to fix career and AI.

Severe performance issues on ps5 look like they are not a priority.

Pity I can’t delete the latest patch. Anyway I have no hope they will I improve it.

Last edited:
They announced the next patch will come mid january to fix career and AI.

Severe performance issues on ps5 look like they are not a priority.

Pity I can’t delete the latest patch. Anyway I have no hope they will I improve it.
It's kind of like a bucket of cold water. They use the word "hotfix" which is generally reserved for an urgent patch fixing a major game-breaking bug (in this case the corrupted careers). Yet this "hotfix" is not coming until mid-January and already includes the Chile track limits and [maybe] a fix for the AI dropping off.

So, is it a hotfix or is it merely v1.5 in the works? Because if it's v1.5 and there is no mention of performance issues on PS5 well, I guess that's my cue to get the Platinum and sell the disc, because if performance issues aren't addressed in the next patch, what will it be... February or March until the next patch (if at all)?

By mid February I will have missed entirely the first VRC season, and will have missed two of the VRC Mega Season rallies. VRC is pretty much all I wanted this game for, anyway. It's practically unplayable at the moment on PS5 due to performance issues.

It’s a shame it feels so far away, but I guess with Christmas and new year, that’s just how it goes, they couldn’t plan for this issue happening and it just sucks for them that it happened when it did. Easy to understand the frustration though.

Plus the console patch certification, it isn’t a helpful system for developers at a normal time of year, I bet at this time of year it’ll be nigh on impossible.

On the selfish side of things, my Xbox experience hasn’t suffered like PS5 users seem to have suffered, my career didn’t break and the clubs are strong. Plus I get my new glasses early January so I’ll be able to see the game properly by the time the fix comes as well which will be nice.

Last edited:
Good the communication channel has been officially opened but what a mess this is. Early on I said this game feels unfinished and needs a lot of work. It has so much potential but all the issues are just ruining the whole expérience. As a consumer I can't buy a proper running game anymore and everything takes months to get finished. This has pointed out that it is of 0 use to buy a game on day 1 if you aren't hardcore. Just wait a couple of months, patches are done and you can pick it up for 50% less.

Good the communication channel has been officially opened but what a mess this is. Early on I said this game feels unfinished and needs a lot of work. It has so much potential but all the issues are just ruining the whole expérience. As a consumer I can't buy a proper running game anymore and everything takes months to get finished. This has pointed out that it is of 0 use to buy a game on day 1 if you aren't hardcore. Just wait a couple of months, patches are done and you can pick it up for 50% less.
This is what I do for every game I want these days, The days of a finished game at launch are over, thats just the way it is in 2023.

Glad I didn't buy EA WRC at launch even though I was tempted for once due to the low price, I have no doubt Codemasters will sort the game out in time and I look forward to buying it then.

Having to wait till mid January to fix an issue that’s crashing the game is pretty poor, it has to be said. Waited patiently till mid December for the last update that made the game worse, can’t wait to do it all again.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back