EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 3,149 comments
I lost Rally Estonia last night by 0.046 seconds and the Acropolis Rally by 1.989 seconds in the WRC Junior Fiesta. It cost me second place in the championship, although it was probably my brainfart in Croatia where I put dry tyres on instead of wets that cost me. I thought I'd put them on but because I didn't press Confirm, the tyres didn't change. I won't be making that mistake again.

Last edited:
I got the game yesterday as a Christmas present and it's a lot more fun than Dirt Rally 2. I spent some time in the rally school because I wanted to get a good understanding of the techniques required to be fast, as it's quite different to what I normally do on paved race tracks. I've had some dirt experience in World Of Outlaws but that doesn't stand for much as you don't have to change gear or brake a whole lot. I had to adjust the controller settings as I played to figure out what I wanted and once I landed on a setting that worked, it gave me a lot more confidence. Steering accuracy is soo important when you're navigating tight and twisty roads that are barely more than a car width sometimes. Vague steering kills the experience and it was by far the biggest issue with Dirt Rally 2. Having more control over the car makes the whole thing more fun. I'm excited to see what else is in store and give some certified rally legends a proper thrashing in their natural environments.
That’s funny I found DR2 to be alot more fun than this game. There was no vague steering in DR2. The sensitivity was adjustable just like this game. I actually find both games to handle very similarly after adjusting the sensitivity. DR2 just had better visuals and greater sense of speed, not to mention the ability to do crazy burnouts and drifts around corners (which is true to life). This game is so much more stale and slow in comparison especially in 3rd person view.

Last edited:
That’s funny I found DR2 to be alot more fun than this game. There was no vague steering in DR2. The sensitivity was adjustable just like this game. I actually find both games to handle very similarly after adjusting the sensitivity. DR2 just had better visuals and greater sense of speed, not to mention the ability to do crazy burnouts and drifts around corners (which is true to life). This game is so much more stale and slow in comparison especially in 3rd person view.
Not sure crazy burnouts is a thing but you can definitely drift around corners. If you’re unhappy with sense of speed you can adjust the FOV for the external cameras to increase that.

I decided I wanted to bring back a legendary marque with my new career so I decided to Bring back Subaru. I asked Chat GPT what a good name would be for a new modern Subaru hatchback and I liked the answer, Although I feel it probably got most inspiration from Ford and the Puma.

May I present to you the Subaru Lynx Rally 2! :lol:

1703966642122.png

Not sure crazy burnouts is a thing but you can definitely drift around corners. If you’re unhappy with sense of speed you can adjust the FOV for the external cameras to increase that.
Crazy burnouts is a thing for me, and used to be there in DR2. Where’s the smoke? I tried drifting the most powerful car around a hairpin and it’s underwhelming to say the least in this game. I don’t think there is much realism when it comes to performance.

Last edited:
Crazy burnouts is a thing for me, and used to be there in DR2. Where’s the smoke? I tried drifting the most powerful car around a hairpin and it’s underwhelming to say the least in this game. I don’t think there is much realism when it comes to performance.
With utmost respect I have no idea what you are on about. If there's one thing WRC has improved on over DiRT Rally 2 it's handling. Im not claiming its perfect but the DR floatyness is toned down a hell of a lot. Especially on tarmac. In regards to not being able to drift or get the cars loose, All I can say is you must have TC on or something. Some cars break traction too easily too be Honest, Needing some tinkering with diffs and brake bias to make manageable.

I was thinking of ignoring this post and not interacting as the fact you are a fairly new account and 99% of your GTP activity has been negativity to WRC would suggest you are trolling or just simply trying to spoil others enjoyment of the game and or thread.

Last edited:
With utmost respect I have no idea what you are on about. If there's one thing WRC has improved on over DiRT Rally 2 it's handling. Im not claiming its perfect but the DR floatyness is toned down a hell of a lot. Especially on tarmac. In regards to not being able to drift or get the cars loose, All I can say is you must have TC on or something. Some cars break traction too easily too be Honest, Needing some tinkering with diffs and brake bias to make manageable.

I was thinking of ignoring this post and not interacting as the fact you are a fairly new account and 99% of your GTP activity has been negativity to WRC would suggest you are trolling or just simply trying to spoil others enjoyment of the game and or thread.
Well obviously we’ve had different experiences with the game. All assists were off on my plays. Everything I’ve posted has been my true feelings and experiences with EA WRC. I’m here because I want to like the game, hoping things will change one day, but I’m not alone in feeling overly disappointed with this title. Most feedback of this game is predominantly negative everywhere and sadly so, it’s not just me. We need honest feedback, if this game will one day grow into something great.

Last edited:
Personally I'm glad the handling is different to DiRT Rally 2.0. I wouldn't want to try and drive a twenty mile stage if the car was breaking traction at every corner. I wonder whether most of the negative feedback is about the handling or about the performance on certain platforms.

Last edited:
@LloydNebulon
If thats the truth and you're not just here to be negative for the fun of it then Fair play I can't disagree with that but If your dissapointed now I don't see what you seem to expect to improve in the future? I think it's fair to say the game is in an enjoyable state at the moment for most on here other than some remaining performance troubles on console and the AI bug.

The predominantly negative feedback was due to performance issues, Which have been improved, Almost completely in my experience on PC. Other than the unfortunate Career, AI bugs what else is wrong with the game?

Last edited:
Objectively I think DR2.0 is brilliant and it’s still right up there on my list of favourite all-time racing games. It’s much smoother and more technically solid than EA WRC, a more polished package with more variety in terms of very well done WRX, my three favourite events from DR2.0 are absent from EAWRC (Wales, Scotland, Australia), I think graphically it’s better, it has ‘unexpected events’ like animals running across the road or crashed cars at the roadside, I prefer the less extreme damage model, in so many ways I prefer it.

But damn you EA WRC. Despite all its faults and imperfections, there’s just something about this new handling model that feels more alive, more engaging. And handling models ultimately dictate how much fun a game is to drive, and EA WRC is really really good fun.

@LloydNebulon
If thats the truth and you're not just here to be negative for the fun of it then Fair play I can't disagree with that but If your dissapointed now I don't see what you seem to expect to improve in the future? I think it's fair to say the game is in an enjoyable state at the moment for most on here other than some remaining performance troubles on console and the AI bug.

The predominantly negative feedback was due to performance issues, Which have been improved, Almost completely in my experience on PC. Other than the unfortunate Career, AI bugs what else is wrong with the game?
I’m on Xbox series X and the performance isn’t improved. These forums are read by EA employees, so it’s worth staying here to give constructive feedback and follow the development of the game and other’s experiences. There’s still alot missing from previous codemasters titles and deal breaking bugs for many.

Personally I'm glad the handling is different to DiRT Rally 2.0. I wouldn't want to try and drive a twenty mile stage if the car was breaking traction at every corner. I wonder whether most of the negative feedback is about the handling or about the performance on certain platforms.
I actually like the new handling model, I just wish the cars felt more powerful.

I’m on Xbox series X and the performance isn’t improved.
Me too, but it wasn't that bad to begin with for me. The occasional stutters I encountered at launch have since been virtually eliminated on my console, however.
These forums are read by EA employees, so it’s worth staying here to give constructive feedback and follow the development of the game and other’s experiences.
There's at least one who's taking a much needed holiday right now. When he was on he directed us to give our feedback via the official forum where it's a lot more likely to be picked up and acted upon.
There’s still alot missing from previous codemasters titles and deal breaking bugs for many.
They should take it to the forum too if they want action. There's also been a lot added compared to the previous game and I'm not expecting rallycross to make a return in a WRC licensed title. The only game breaking bug I've encountered is the career mode being locked out and if they don't fix it in a couple of weeks I can always start again. Everything else works fine for me so I can't say any deals have been broken from my end.
I actually like the new handling model, I just wish the cars felt more powerful.
The handling model is the main reason I'm not going back to DiRT Rally 2.0.

I'm not saying the game is beyond criticism but EA Sports WRC has too many quality of life improvements over the previous title to make going back a worthwhile proposition as far as I'm concerned. It's nice to know how many more stages I have in a rally before the next service along with being able to compare my runs with other players' in real time.

Last edited:
Me too, but it wasn't that bad to begin with for me. The occasional stutters I encountered at launch have since been virtually eliminated for me, however.

There's at least one who's taking a much needed holiday right now. When he was on he directed us to give our feedback via the official forum where it's a lot more likely to be picked up and acted upon.

They should take it to the forum too if they want action. There's also been a lot added from the previous title and I'm not expecting rallycross to make a return in a WRC licensed title. The only game breaking bug I've encountered is the career mode being locked out and if they don't fix it in a couple of weeks I can always start again. Everything else works fine for me so I can't say any deals have been broken from my end.

The handling model is the main reason I'm not going back to DiRT Rally 2.0.

I'm not saying the game is beyond criticism but EA Sports WRC has too many quality of life improvements over the previous title to make it a worthwhile proposition from as far as I'm concerned. It's nice to know how many more stages I have in a rally before the next service along with being able to compare my runs with other players' in real time.
That’s fair. I’m on the EA forums as well, thank you. For me I need a complete graphics update to this game to really sink any time into it. I like my games to be visually stunning as well as great physics. EA WRC is only halfway there for me. I’m thinking I’ll have to wait for the next title. I did the free trial after the 1.4 update, but was still not impressed. Glad you’re enjoying the game though.

Oh so you are one of those who don't even own the game... Always the loudest critics I've noticed...🫢 And a complete graphical update? And there's me thinking that you were starting to come across reasonable...😂🫤
I played the game, those are my thoughts. I don’t need more than 5 hours to come up with an opinion. Neither do most other people. Why does that even matter? Owning the game makes me more reasonable? Ok, makes no sense. By the way, this comment is pretty rude.

Oh so you are one of those who don't even own the game... Always the loudest critics I've noticed...🫢 And a complete graphical update? And there's me thinking that you were starting to come across reasonable...😂🫤
I bought The Crew: Motorfest, Forza Motorsport and EA Sports WRC this year and of all three launch titles I can honestly say this is the one I regret spending money on the least and not just because of the lower price.
I don’t need more than 5 hours to come up with an opinion. Neither do most other people.
I'm not one of those people. My five hour trial on Motorfest flattered to deceive with its upfront singleplayer events and atmosphere. Having bought the game I was disappointed to find the career ran out so soon and the game relied on massive multiplayer races to extend the playability.

If a game makes a bad first impression on me I'm not going to waste time scouring forums for negative reviews which agree with me or pestering the devs to change it to suit me better. I'd much rather spend that time doing something I enjoy instead.

Last edited:
I bought The Crew: Motorfest, Forza Motorsport and EA Sports WRC this year and of all three launch titles I can honestly say this is the one I regret spending money on the least and not just because of the lower price.
I'm not one of those people. My five hour trial on Motorfest flattered to deceive with its upfront singleplayer events and atmosphere. Having bought the game I was disappointed to find the career ran out so soon and the game relied on massive multiplayer races to extend the playability.

If a game makes a bad first impression on me I'm not going to waste time scouring forums for negative reviews which agree with me or pestering the devs to change it to suit me better. I'd much rather spend that time doing something I enjoy instead.
Regret spending money on the least is probably a fair way to say it.

You and I are different.

I played the game, those are my thoughts. I don’t need more than 5 hours to come up with an opinion. Neither do most other people. Why does that even matter? Owning the game makes me more reasonable? Ok, makes no sense. By the way, this comment is pretty rude.
I wouldn't say rude. Blunt and to the point maybe? Yes.

I'm sorry but it's getting ridiculously old by now people who don't like the game (which is perfectly acceptable to do so) using the thread and the people in it to vent all their complaints and little problems with the game as some sort of counselling. Especially people who don't own the game and don't ever seem to intend doing so.

And to be honest you played the game on a trail at launch when performance issues were at their worst and no patches had been released? I don't intend to come across rude or mean but to be honest, No I wouldn't say your opinion was constructed under the best and most fair circumstances.

Last edited:
Most feedback of this game is predominantly negative everywhere and sadly so, it’s not just me.

I would say that's objectively not true, to be honest. The reviews of the game on Steam are 70% positive overall since launch, 59% positive since the career-mode-breaking update. The previous WRC game (Generations) has a lifetime average of 67% positive, so at least as far as Steam numbers go it's been received better than the last licensed WRC title.

I wouldn't say rude. Blunt and to the point maybe? Yes.

I'm sorry but it's getting ridiculously old by now people who don't like the game (which is perfectly acceptable to do so) using the thread and the people in it to vent all their complaints and little problems with the game as some sort of counselling. Especially people who don't own the game and don't ever seem to intend doing so.

And to be honest you played the game on a trail at launch when performance issues were at their worst and no patches had been released? I don't intend to come across rude or mean but to be honest, No I wouldn't say your opinion was constructed under the under the best and most fair circumstances.
I’m sorry you feel that way. I said I played the trial after the latest patch 1.4. So my assessments are current. There are plenty of people on this forum that have agreed with my comments in the past. I came on to share with them. If you don’t like differing opinions and it’s upsetting you, maybe you should just ignore those people. This is an open forum.

I would say that's objectively not true, to be honest. The reviews of the game on Steam are 70% positive overall since launch, 59% positive since the career-mode-breaking update. The previous WRC game (Generations) has a lifetime average of 67% positive, so at least as far as Steam numbers go it's been received better than the last licensed WRC title.
You might be right. All of my comparisons are with DR2 though, which is codemasters previous title, not Kylotonn.

I’m sorry you feel that way. I said I played the trial after the latest patch 1.4. So my assessments are current. There are plenty of people on this forum that have agreed with my comments in the past. I came on to share with them. If you don’t like differing opinions and it’s upsetting you, maybe you should just ignore those people. This is an open forum.
I'd be the last person to try and stop people from taking part in threads and expressing their opinion. The thing is I though I don't really get what you are trying to say. First of all it was performance... Fair enough, Then handling and (not being able to do donuts)...Hmm okay, Then you claim the only way you would consider liking the game if it gets a full graphical overhaul!... I mean call me crazy but does it seem like that's a bit unreasonable? let alone completely unrealistic?

I'd be the last person to try and stop people from taking part in threads and expressing their opinion. The thing is I though I don't really get what you are trying to say. First of all it was performance... Fair enough, Then handling and (not being able to do donuts)...Hmm okay, Then you claim the only way you would consider liking the game if it gets a full graphical overhaul!... I mean call me crazy but does it seem like that's a bit unreasonable? let alone completely unrealistic?
It’s all of the above my friend, and no it’s not unreasonable. DR2 had all these things going for it. EA WRC is heavily criticized for looking worse than DR2, which is a 2019 game. It’s all over the EA forums, including this one. The graphics are dated. I thought this was widely accepted by now?

Last edited:
It’s all of the above my friend, and no it’s not unreasonable. DR2 had all these things going for it. EA WRC is heavily criticized for looking worse than DR2, which is a 2019 game. It’s all over the EA forums, including this one. The graphics are dated. I thought this was widely accepted by now?
Looks more than fine to me on PC and if it's "all of the above" then I guess that's the point I'm getting at. It's clearly a lost cause for you at this point... Soooo.. what is the point in all this? But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. This has gone on long enough.👍

Last edited:
It’s all of the above my friend, and no it’s not unreasonable. DR2 had all these things. EA WRC is heavily criticized for looking worse than DR2, which is a 2019 game. It’s all over the EA forums, including this one. The graphics are dated. I thought this was widely accepted by now?

5 hours for me wouldn't have been enough.
The handling model didn't immediately click with me at all, especially with rwd on tarmac.
Took some getting used to but my enjoyment of the game went up after 10 hours + I would say.

Drifting is possible in the game, why I tend to use controller more than steering wheel is because the handbrake is easier than finding O on my wheel, I constantly use the handbrake so breaking traction and slapping the arse out is a constant thing to do, as is left foot breaking. But it's definitely not arcadey sort of drifting or formula drift wide steering angle sort of drifting.

The game looks different because of unreal engine, the lighting is what brings it down visually the most, UE looks very flat. Lighting updates would be very very possible for them to do. Will they? Unlikely to be honest.

Once the (imo chronic) frame rate and tearing issues are sorted and its getting a constant 60 fps minimum the sense of speed should improve a lot though.

Would love to see Wales, Scotland and Australia back too. Plus random past or just non WRC rallies like the rally of the lakes in Kilarney, Donegal, Pikes Peak etc. But can't complain too much because it's currently a fairly massive selection with massive stages.

I'm one of these OGs who's played every game to death since Colin McCrea Rally on the PS1 and I still think WRC is the most fun I've had with one of these games despite the issues which I doubt will be properly addressed in the next update either..

There's my take on your criticisms anyway.

Last edited:
Looks more than fine to me on PC and if it's "all of the above" then I guess that's the point I'm getting at. It's clearly a lost cause for you at this point... Soooo.. what is the point in all this? But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. This has gone on long enough.👍
There is no point anymore.

Yeah the floaty handling really sucked. Rear drive cars suffered from this issue the most, and I remember having a really hard time in them. I drove the Opel Kadett on Rally Iberia last night and it wasn't a complete disaster because the car actually had traction on the road surface. Even with the standard diff settings. It's a massive improvement.

Back