EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 3,149 comments
5 hours for me wouldn't have been enough.
The handling model didn't immediately click with me at all, especially with rwd on tarmac.
Took some getting used to but my enjoyment of the game went up after 10 hours + I would say.

Drifting is possible in the game, why I tend to use controller more than steering wheel is because the handbrake is easier than finding O on my wheel, I constantly use the handbrake so breaking traction and slapping the arse out is a constant thing to do, as is left foot breaking. But it's definitely not arcadey sort of drifting or formula drift wide steering angle sort of drifting.

The game looks different because of unreal engine, the lighting is what brings it down visually the most, UE looks very flat. Lighting updates would be very very possible for them to do. Will they? Unlikely to be honest.

Once the (imo chronic) frame rate and tearing issues are sorted and its getting a constant 60 fps minimum the sense of speed should improve a lot though.

Would love to see Wales, Scotland and Australia back too. Plus random past or just non WRC rallies like the rally of the lakes in Kilarney, Donegal, Pikes Peak etc. But can't complain too much because it's currently a fairly massive selection with massive stages.

I'm one of these OGs who's played every game to death since Colin McCrea Rally on the PS1 and I still think WRC is the most fun I've had with one of these games despite the issues which I doubt will be properly addressed in the next update either..

There's my take on your criticisms anyway.
The weird part is UE4 was used to make Assetto Corsa Competizione, and Hogwarts Legacy, but they don’t suffer with the same flat image quality and lighting you see in EA WRC?

Last edited:
It’s all of the above my friend, and no it’s not unreasonable. DR2 had all these things going for it. EA WRC is heavily criticized for looking worse than DR2, which is a 2019 game. It’s all over the EA forums, including this one. The graphics are dated. I thought this was widely accepted by now?
I don't think you'll find a lot of agreement on this forum with the idea that the game isn't worth buying until the graphics have been completely overhauled to match the previous games while somehow retaining the extra features which made the engine change necessary in the first place and that our time would be better spent complaining than playing the game. That's not the impression I'm getting from reading the posts so far.

I don't think you'll find a lot of agreement on this forum with the idea that the game isn't worth buying until the graphics have been completely overhauled to match the previous games while somehow retaining the extra features which made the engine change necessary in the first place and that our time would be better spent complaining than playing the game. That's not the impression I'm getting from reading the posts so far.
You may be right. Today everyone has mostly disagreed with me. It seems my fellow comrades have left this site or are just remaining silent. Someone may come along though and resonate with my comments and get benefit from them.

Last edited:
You may be right. Today everyone has mostly disagreed with me. It seems my fellow comrades have left this site or are just remaining silent.
Or they just realised the folly in spending time in a thread based on something they they straight up don't like? Then again, It seems you actually created your account exclusively for this purpose so it's no surprise you're in it for the long haul...

Or they just realised the folly in spending time in a thread based on something they they straight up don't like? Then again, It seems you actually created your account exclusively for this purpose so it's no surprise you're in it for the long haul...
I had hopes that this game would be better, but your right my hope is dwindling.

You may be right. Today everyone has mostly disagreed with me. It seems my fellow comrades have left this site or are just remaining silent. Someone may come along though and resonate with my comments and get benefit from them.
I gave a like to a couple of your posts because I'm on the disappointed side of the coin just as you are.

That said, myself and many others have already expressed our feelings about this title and it doesn't make sense to repeat them endlessly.

If it makes you feel better, I will reiterate that I find the game unplayable on PS5 due to performance issues and I view the entire package of EA WRC to be uninspiring and lacking in so many areas. The frustrating thing is that it's a great rally game at its core, unfortunately undone by poor execution. I have all but abandoned it.

Outside of the GT1/2/3/4/Prologue/5/6/Sport/7 forums you won't find very much arguing and bickering over games on GT Planet (OK, maybe the Project CARS 2 forum as well 😅). The GT Planet community tends to be a low-key place to hang out and help each other and we are not accustomed to seeing game threads degenerate into arguments between those who like and don't like a game. That's the main reason why GT Planet is pretty much the only online social presence I have at all. I would like to see it stay that way.

I don't see any point in constantly bashing this game or arguing about it on GT Planet. We have RaceDepartment, Reddit and Steam for that.

You are not alone in your disappointment. Many of us have already expressed our feelings. In what I feel is GT Planet tradition, enough was said when it was needed to be said. You also expressed your opinion and I, as well as many others, agree. But just because we are "silent" now doesn't mean we are no less dissatisfied than you.

I am happy that people are enjoying the game. That's what "gaming" is about. It's not for me, I stated why, and that's the end of it for me.

Welcome to GT Planet and try to enjoy yourself. We're [mostly] a good set of lads here.

Last edited:
I gave a like to a couple of your posts because I'm on the disappointed side of the coin just as you are.

That said, myself and many others have already expressed our feelings about this title and it doesn't make sense to repeat them endlessly.

If it makes you feel better, I will reiterate that I find the game unplayable on PS5 due to performance issues and I view the entire package of EA WRC to be uninspiring and lacking in so many areas. The frustrating thing is that it's a great rally game at its core, unfortunately undone by poor execution. I have all but abandoned it.

Outside of the GT1/2/3/4/Prologue/5/6/Sport/7 forums you won't find very much arguing and bickering over games on GT Planet (OK, maybe the Project CARS 2 forum as well 😅). The GT Planet community tends to be a low-key place to hang out and help each other and we are not accustomed to seeing game threads degenerate into arguments between those who like and don't like a game. That's the main reason why GT Planet is pretty much the only online social presence I have at all. I would like to see it stay that way.

I don't see any point in constantly bashing this game or arguing about it on GT Planet. We have RaceDepartment, Reddit and Steam for that.

You are not alone in your disappointment. Many of us have already expressed our feelings. In what I feel is GT Planet tradition, enough was said when it was needed to be said. You also expressed your opinion and I, as well as many others, agree. But just because we are "silent" now doesn't mean we are no less dissatisfied than you.

I am happy that people are enjoying the game. That's what "gaming" is about. It's not for me, I stated why, and that's the end of it for me.

Welcome to GT Planet and try to enjoy yourself. We're [mostly] a good set of lads here.
I'm disappointed in the game too and also can't bring myself to play it as is. I prefer DR2. I'm happy that most seem to enjoy it. I'm not going to keep bashing it though as I've stated my opinion a couple of times. Personally I hope it will improve to the point I can share the enjoyment.

I'm disappointed in the game too and also can't bring myself to play it as is. I prefer DR2. I'm happy that most seem to enjoy it. I'm not going to keep bashing it though as I've stated my opinion a couple of times. Personally I hope it will improve to the point I can share the enjoyment.
Thanks, I guess I keep coming back after each patch hoping it will improve enough for me, but alas it doesn’t. I appreciate your comments.

Thanks, I appreciate your words. GT planet was a new forum for me. I’m not sure i’ll stick around here at GT planet then. I don’t really have positive things to say about any game this year. It’s a year of disappointment for me. I’m looking for a community of people that share my experience.

Last edited:

Really like the handling and the physics but the screentearing on PS5 is so bad that I dont play the game.
Hoping for a patch mid januari 👍🏻

My main gripe with the game currently is @MagpieRacer giving us Corsica and Scandia in the same week. That's just evil 😭
I'm enjoying Corsica just fine :lol: (I do have 6 stages still left to do though:scared: Scandia went about as well as I thought it would. It's the toughest rally for me personally.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying Corsica just fine :lol: (I do have 6 stages still left to do though:scared: Scandia went about as well as I thought it would. It's the toughest rally for me personally.
I do enjoy both of them tbf, I'm just not very good at threading the needle at high speed 😅

I do enjoy both of them tbf, I'm just not very good at threading the needle at high speed 😅
I have done a lot more mileage on Corsica compared to Scandia, That's almost certainly the reason for my struggles. Scandia doesn't seem to get much use in the game I've noticed. Other than one moment (I think?) and a Daily in @Cabelmania 's club I hadn't touched it.

My main gripe with the game currently is @MagpieRacer giving us Corsica and Scandia in the same week. That's just evil 😭
Aha whoops 😬.
I have done a lot more mileage on Corsica compared to Scandia, That's almost certainly the reason for my struggles. Scandia doesn't seem to get much use in the game I've noticed. Other than one moment (I think?) and a Daily in @Cabelmania 's club I hadn't touched it.
Yeah it definitely doesn’t come up much, which is a shame as it’s a cracking rally, best snow one I’ve played in a game for a long time.

Aha whoops 😬.

Yeah it definitely doesn’t come up much, which is a shame as it’s a cracking rally, best snow one I’ve played in a game for a long time.
I love the setting of it. The big frozen lake is stunning. I especially enjoy those tight and tricky sections up and down the mountain too. 👍 I think H2 RWD would be a nice sweetspot class for it.

Last edited:
Been thinking about the best rallies to be added to the game and personally can't think of any better than the rally of the lakes. Healy Pass, Molls gap.. oh man, only draw back is that it's all tarmac.
Maybe 2025 they'll go there for the irish round of wrc 🤞

Attachments

• Callum Devine Rally of the Lakes 2023 .jpg
    Callum Devine Rally of the Lakes 2023 .jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 13
Been thinking about the best rallies to be added to the game and personally can't think of any better than the rally of the lakes. Healy Pass, Molls gap.. oh man, only draw back is that it's all tarmac.
Maybe 2025 they'll go there for the irish round of wrc 🤞
We’ll know by the end of March if Ireland will be back on the calendar in 2025. I believe they’re currently selecting where the base would be which is usually a very good sign.

I like Scandia a lot, it’s nice to have a snow rally that feels genuinely distinct from Sweden, which lets face it has been featured in every rally game ever made pretty much. Narrow, technical, I remember the first time I ever played the original CMR I sucked at Sweden because I pushed too hard and just hit every snow bank, and had to learn, for the first time, to rein things in - 25 years later and I kinda felt the same here because it’s so narrow and you have to concentrate so hard.

We’ll know by the end of March if Ireland will be back on the calendar in 2025. I believe they’re currently selecting where the base would be which is usually a very good sign.

A lot of people in Motorsport Ireland are making it sound like almost a sure thing. Next couple months will tell I suppose.

Personally I think they should pick and stick with Kilarney as the location. Big tourist area. The tourism boost from the exposure should be big enough from it to see return events, hopefully making it a regular fixture on the calendar.

Last edited:
Given we have some nice unlicensed rallies. I wonder if that's an avenue for Wales or Australia to come back? Rally of the Valley's? Outback Rally? If they use made up stages I don't see a problem? I would miss Sweetlamb/Hafren though 😭

Given we have some nice unlicensed rallies. I wonder if that's an avenue for Wales or Australia to come back? Rally of the Valley's? Outback Rally? If they use made up stages I don't see a problem? I would miss Sweetlamb/Hafren though 😭

Remember Utah in Dirt 2? Loved that place. That was a really cool spot and would be easy to do unlicensed I imagine.
I liked Michegan too.

But I like the idea of "outback rally".
That followed by rally Kenya would be vicious

I would love it if they were working on a British rally, love it. Doesn’t have to be Wales. Again harking back to the original CMR where they had stages based in the borders, Kielder Forest, Hamsterley, Richmond, imagine some of those especially in winter with patches of snow….so much potential to think a bit outside the box of they're unlicensed. I do think the lack of a British Forest rally is the biggest black mark against EA WRC for me. Yeah I know I’m biased because I’m British, but….a rally game without a British Forest rally is criminal in my book.

Last edited:
I would love it if they were working on a British rally, love it. Doesn’t have to be Wales. Again harking back to the original CMR where they had stages based in the borders, Kielder Forest, Hamsterley, Richmond, imagine some of those especially in winter with patches of snow….so much potential to think a bit outside the box of they're unlicensed. I do think the lack of a British Forest rally is the biggest black mark against EA WRC for me. Yeah I know I’m biased because I’m British, but….a rally game without a British Forest rally is criminal in my book.
Yes, An old Lombard style rally spanning the 3 nations would be the dream👍

I agree, After enjoying Bidno Moorland/Sweetlamb, Pant Mawr in the DiRT games I do miss a good GB round. Chile in winter and snow does pass for Wales Rally GB though. It looks uncannily similar at times to be honest ☺️

Last edited:
Would be nice if they did. I wonder if it will remain a dream though, I think the unlicensed ones were already in development for DR3 and just stayed. Portugal was one of them as well.

I agree though, with no sign of Australia or Wales coming back to the real calendar, would be great to see them in the game, could do some great ‘moments’ on those.

Dream:
Wales/GB (love rally of the valley)
Australia (Australasia?)
Argentina (Patagonia)
San Remo (Liguria)

At least as the calendars gradually get confirmed, we’ll know what to expect for the official rallies:
2024:
Latvia
Poland
2025:
Ireland (pending confirmation)
Saudi Arabia (rumoured)
USA (rumoured)
Argentina (rumoured)

Let us just accept that we have different opinions about the game.
Some think the physics is most important, others performance and graphics.
Some like the physics others don’t.
All this is subjectiv, so of course opinions can differ.
I think it is ok to share opinions, good or bad.

After a couple of more patches I have no doubt that EA WRC will be a fantastic rally game.

I want to wish you all a great New Year’s Eve 🥳💥🥂

:gtpflag:

In other news, today's moment with the R4 in wet Pacifico is beautiful imo. That car is perfect for that stage. Got 3rd in the leaderboard but quickly have tumbled to 7th 😥
It’s a fantastic setting, hate the forced chicanes though, the car is a dream to drive and it looks so good too in that setting, kinda reminds me of Thailand, I can almost feel the humidity

Latest Posts

Back