EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 3,149 comments
Pretty clear now why the price point was so low.

If it helps: seems like you are unable to load the career only if you were in WRC. Lower classes not affected.

A friend in wrc2 is completely fine.

While on the other hand tearing is insane for both. In monte and sweden is so intense it causes headache.

Ps5 off course. Pc is by far the better version.

Just for clarity, according to the news posts from Codemasters, the bug is with certain benefactor objectives in later career seasons, so it requires the player to be in the second season or later, and it sounds like the chance of being affected is different depending on the major championship that the player has entered. There are a lot of players who won't have encountered the bug when 1.4 was released, but may end up being caught by it in later seasons of their career.

It does sound like a pain to test for as it would require testers to complete multiple seasons to reproduce. It's also worth noting that EA recently laid off a number of staff at Codemasters after the release of WRC, most of whom were reportedly QA, which I'm sure hasn't helped the situation.
Good to know, it is useless to restart then.

Last edited:
Good to know, it is useless to restart then.
If you restart career it's not an issue; the problem crops up if you're in the middle of a career, from season 2 onwards, with a higher chance of being affected the later the season you're in.

I just restarted my career last night, didn't seem that difficult a decision to me. Just means I need to drive more, which is what we're all here for, right?

I had quite a good time with this yesterday, I’m running a 1985 season (cos why not), driving a Lancia 037, and ran Portugal and Kenya with a little bit of tearing but nothing too damaging. There’s still enjoyment to be had here, all is not lost. Also worth saying I’ve switched full time to the Xbox Series X because whatever I’ve said previously about the two console versions being comparable, undoubtedly this update has had a much worse affect on the PS5. It’s held up quite well on Xbox in terms of performance. I’ll admit that now.

Last edited:
If it helps: seems like you are unable to load the career only if you were in WRC. Lower classes not affected.

A friend in wrc2 is completely fine.

While on the other hand tearing is insane for both. In monte and sweden is so intense it causes headache.

Ps5 off course. Pc is by far the better version.
My save was broken/corrupted during season 3 of WRC2 (PS5).

I started a new career, but I’ve got a suspicion the progress will be lost during the next update.

Wish I knew how to self fix the tearing. There will patches no doubt, but we’ll see. PS5 has a way to go.

I'm trying to understand the career bug at the moment, is the general consensus that if we restart the career that we won't run into the glitch again? Or am I going to reach Season 2 or 3 and have exactly the same problem again?

Really keen to play career over the Christmas break so weighing up whether I just restart it or just leave it...

My save was broken/corrupted during season 3 of WRC2 (PS5).

I started a new career, but I’ve got a suspicion the progress will be lost during the next update.

Wish I knew how to self fix the tearing. There will patches no doubt, but we’ll see. PS5 has a way to go.
You don’t have to start a new one, it can crash again. As reported above by others. Career is not playable till the patch.

If you restart career it's not an issue; the problem crops up if you're in the middle of a career, from season 2 onwards, with a higher chance of being affected the later the season you're in.

I just restarted my career last night, didn't seem that difficult a decision to me. Just means I need to drive more, which is what we're all here for, right?
I'm trying to understand the career bug at the moment, is the general consensus that if we restart the career that we won't run into the glitch again? Or am I going to reach Season 2 or 3 and have exactly the same problem again?

Really keen to play career over the Christmas break so weighing up whether I just restart it or just leave it...
Many are reporting that it crashes again.

Don’t quote me, but I think the bug is resolved if you just restart the career after the 1.4 update. The crashes are supposedly due to interjecting the new stages that came with the 1.4 update on old saves. I haven’t tried this, so I don’t know for sure. This is what I understand from other forums.

Last edited:
Found some issue with frame rate. Rally Japan Lake Mikawa stage, starts at like a twilight-ish hour and without changing any settings I loaded into the stage only running like 23fps. Normally I would get 70-90fps running 1440p with a mix of settings. Tried the same stage in time trial in daylight without changing setting it gets up to normal fps. I drop the shadow from Ultra to High, I got all the fps back.

Is this worth buying on PS5? I'm a GT7 player and frankly hate the rally in GT7. I'm also not very competitive so I'm not out to break any records. Mainly looking for the experience of driving point to point on unknown roads and meeting a tree or two. I also love the historic tracks/cars. T300 RS user if it matters. Currently 40$ CAD and I got a 100$ PSN card for Christmas. Tempted to pick this up. Thoughts?

I got the game yesterday as a Christmas present and it's a lot more fun than Dirt Rally 2. I spent some time in the rally school because I wanted to get a good understanding of the techniques required to be fast, as it's quite different to what I normally do on paved race tracks. I've had some dirt experience in World Of Outlaws but that doesn't stand for much as you don't have to change gear or brake a whole lot. I had to adjust the controller settings as I played to figure out what I wanted and once I landed on a setting that worked, it gave me a lot more confidence. Steering accuracy is soo important when you're navigating tight and twisty roads that are barely more than a car width sometimes. Vague steering kills the experience and it was by far the biggest issue with Dirt Rally 2. Having more control over the car makes the whole thing more fun. I'm excited to see what else is in store and give some certified rally legends a proper thrashing in their natural environments.

I got the game yesterday as a Christmas present and it's a lot more fun than Dirt Rally 2. I spent some time in the rally school because I wanted to get a good understanding of the techniques required to be fast, as it's quite different to what I normally do on paved race tracks. I've had some dirt experience in World Of Outlaws but that doesn't stand for much as you don't have to change gear or brake a whole lot. I had to adjust the controller settings as I played to figure out what I wanted and once I landed on a setting that worked, it gave me a lot more confidence. Steering accuracy is soo important when you're navigating tight and twisty roads that are barely more than a car width sometimes. Vague steering kills the experience and it was by far the biggest issue with Dirt Rally 2. Having more control over the car makes the whole thing more fun. I'm excited to see what else is in store and give some certified rally legends a proper thrashing in their natural environments.
If you have trouble with the non-WRC cars try this tip as the historic cars don't seem to be as balanced as DiRT Rally 2.0's, especially the RWD ones:
I tend to move the brake balance to between 59-64% to the front, it can default around 80%. The braking force I literally just click it to the left 3 times. Not sure what the value is but I do that on almost every car and it helps massively.
And if you fancy a regular challenge besides the Moments there are a lot of clubs you can join. The GTP one is at https://racenet.com/ea_sports_wrc/clubs/155 and the discussion thread is here:

Last edited:
Was a bit worried after reading about the performance on PS5.
Booted up the game and unfortunatelly all was true ( never doubted you 😊)
Really like the Chile stages, tried Laja and wow the screentearing.
Estonia, Finland and the new CER all the same.
I know they are going to fix it, just hoped it was before the Christmas holiday.🎅🏻

Really cool with the new Fanatec shifter, but it is going to take some time getting used to.😊

Considering it’s not been out that long 🤔☺️
IMG_8944.jpeg

Is this worth buying on PS5? I'm a GT7 player and frankly hate the rally in GT7. I'm also not very competitive so I'm not out to break any records. Mainly looking for the experience of driving point to point on unknown roads and meeting a tree or two. I also love the historic tracks/cars. T300 RS user if it matters. Currently 40$ CAD and I got a 100$ PSN card for Christmas. Tempted to pick this up. Thoughts?
Yep, definitely pick it up. I alternate between WRC and GT7 and they offer completely different experiences and compliment each other well.

WRC is not perfect but it will only get better with each patch. If anything, the PS5 version seems to be the least affected by some of the major bugs.

Edit: And yes, the rally in GT7 is horrible (as it has been in all GT games). Not sure why they insist on including it.

Last edited:
I just bought it for refreshment for playing GT7, its fun for me.. just the screen tearing is sucks..
already tried WRC10 & WRCG too..

I really do like this game. I completed the rally school and started my career mode, which has been an absolute blast already despite only driving two cars. I did the Peugeot 309 event in Spain, which started very well but it didn't stay that way after I smashed up the car a bit too much. Still ended up eight but that little car feels very much at home on a tight road. I also did 2 stages of Rally Sweden in the WRC Junior Fiesta and it was great fun. I then took the GR Yaris Rally 1 to a stage in Mexico. Whoever was responsible for those gravel roads should be shot because they're truly dreadful, yet to my surprise, the car handled it really well. I slipped up a few times but I didn't write the car off so for me it's a success. I thought I'd have to overcome a steep learning curve but that hasn't been the case at all. I'm thrilled to be playing a proper rally game with all the cars I want and all the stages I could ever ask for. It totally craps on Dirt Rally 2, properly burying it in the litter box gravel.

Last edited:
Got this for Christmas. I'm on G920. You can use it either as a handbrake or sequential shifter.
IMG_20231226_000716.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your input. Decided to buy this. Immediately jumped into a time trial with a Alpine A110 (I think?) in Japan. I couldn't stop giggling! This looks like it's going to be quite fun despite my severe skill issues. I think I made it maybe 2km before putting it in a ditch, but I had a blast doing it! Thanks again for your help!

the best tip at first is to remember that you don't have to accelerate right up to each corner. Try coasting at speeds where the car feels under control rather than blasting as fast as you can like you would in a circuit racing game,

the best tip at first is to remember that you don't have to accelerate right up to each corner. Try coasting at speeds where the car feels under control rather than blasting as fast as you can like you would in a circuit racing game,
Thanks for the tip. I have the next week and a half off work so I'll have plenty of time to learn. Thankfully the handling and FFB feel really intuitive so it's pretty easy to tell what I'm doing wrong. Well, post crash at least. I'll defiantly be giving the rally school a go which will probably help with the skill issue. For the moment however, there's a few trees and ditches I'll be introducing myself to. Hopefully, they're friendly!

Got this for Christmas. I'm on G920. You can use it either as a handbrake or sequential shifter.
View attachment 1314593
Do you know, if it would work with the Logitech G Pro Wheel?

1703732637502.png

I'm 6th in the world!

Tahekeroa stage, NZ.

And also spent hours constantly restarting the stage after doing well and then driving off a corner I wasn't prepared for. The plus side is that I can do the first third of the stage in my sleep.

Last edited:
Just a little tip for any fellow F2 Kit Car afficionados. This club is running the CER with the F2's the next 3 days. I have no affiliation with the owner or the club itself. It's just one of the clubs that seemed to have a good membership that I joined when the game first came out.

1703804749123.png
1703804916738.png

Edit - Also, Anyone know why CER isn't in my new career? I chose long distance so I should have max amount of stages and events and WRC2 was at CER so why isn't it on my season? I decided to let my original bugged career go and to start a new one. Mainly as something to do in between moments and clubs. Also going through career will help me further learn the stages.

My little R2 I made to go through WRC 2.
1703812579615.png

Last edited:
@Cabelmania I must admit that you have an immaculate taste in terms of location, weather, and car class selection in your club events. :bowdown:

Today’s challenge made me want to have a cigarette while driving after having a strong coffee just before the stage - so much '70’s vibes here!

EA SPORTS™ WRC   29_12_2023 11_47_43.png

@Cabelmania I must admit that you have an immaculate taste in terms of location, weather, and car class selection in your club events. :bowdown:

Today’s challenge made me want to have a cigarette while driving after having a strong coffee just before the stage - so much '70’s vibes here!

View attachment 1315055
I don't have an immaculate taste :lol: When I wanted to start my club I did it because I wanted to squeeze the game of his potential with combos of the most unusual kind :mischievous: That's why today it's "H2 RWD on a dark, stormy Montecarlo" Day :sly:

Latest Posts

Back