EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 3,134 comments
I did the Latvia one from your link as I wanted to try out the Yaris. I didn't realise Poland was a separate club and thought they'd run a second Rally2 event there next week.

This is the Rally 1 Poland club. Not as enjoyable as the Latvia R2 one I don't think. I enjoyed the stages Its just the concentration that the Rally 1s require and driving completely new stages is quite an effort.

Last edited:
Just finished the Rally1 Poland club that Jimmy streamed. Was great to see some of the GTP League regulars finishing highly (@RYAN & @Dreadmed in particular).

I really enjoyed pushing the Rally1 through those stages, drove without any practice so it was definitely a learning curve on those new stages. Those cars, whilst somewhat of a handful, are so satisfying when you get them all hooked up. Managed to set a few decent times in there too surprisingly.

Do we have a list of forumites along with their RaceNet names anywhere?

Oh, been meaning to say!

For anyone who's on PC, pak file livery mods still work fine. I've got Jari-Matti Latvala's livery from this year's Rally Finland on the Rally 2 Yaris 😍

Just finished the Rally1 Poland club that Jimmy streamed. Was great to see some of the GTP League regulars finishing highly (@RYAN & @Dreadmed in particular).

I really enjoyed pushing the Rally1 through those stages, drove without any practice so it was definitely a learning curve on those new stages. Those cars, whilst somewhat of a handful, are so satisfying when you get them all hooked up. Managed to set a few decent times in there too surprisingly.
I enjoyed both clubs. It was a good way of learning the stages. Especially the repeating nature they used. Always nice to recognize names in clubs and leaderboards.
Do we have a list of forumites along with their RaceNet names anywhere?

Oh, been meaning to say!

For anyone who's on PC, pak file livery mods still work fine. I've got Jari-Matti Latvala's livery from this year's Rally Finland on the Rally 2 Yaris 😍

Glad to see this. Like before with the Anti-cheat update I removed the .pak files from my game before the update incase anything changed. I put them in a folder on my desktop though so I can put them all back as before 👍

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance here, but do each of these locations have two separate ‘big’ stages? I drove the second Latvia stage last night, the twistier, mainly forest parts, and absolutely loved it. I’m really bad at working out which sections are repeated until I have a few runs through, but it felt quite different to the first stage.

Excuse my ignorance here, but do each of these locations have two separate ‘big’ stages? I drove the second Latvia stage last night, the twistier, mainly forest parts, and absolutely loved it. I’m really bad at working out which sections are repeated until I have a few runs through, but it felt quite different to the first stage.
Yeah some have 2 some have 1. If you check out my stage list below, in each country I've highlighted the 'big' stages in each country (or Hero stages as they seem to now be called) in blue text. From those hero stages the remaining stages are cut from.

Last edited:
Hi guys.
It's been a while since I've been here. Have they tweaked the physics? I feel the cars are more realistic. They skid more... it's much better.

Last edited:
As well as making it easier to go sideways around corners (and more likely to go into a 360° spin after a long straight) it feels like rain actually makes a difference to the stages now. I hope this applies to the AI drivers' times as well.

Other minor tweaks I've noticed now are that the devs seem to have pressed airhorns into the hands of some of the spectators and dug Latvian-style roadside trenches and ditches into the side of some of the CER stages. Maybe they were always there but they're clearer to hear and see for me now with the adjusted lighting and time of day.

Not looking forward to what Monte Carlo is going to be like with the new physics should the snow and ice return. I expect I'll be kissing that wooden Forêt Domaniale sign on the first sharp left-hander a lot more when that happens.

Last edited:
As well as making it easier to go sideways around corners (and more likely to go into a 360° spin after a long straight) it feels like rain actually makes a difference to the stages now. I hope this applies to the AI drivers as well.

Other minor tweaks I've noticed now are that the devs seem to have pressed airhorns into the hands of some of the spectators and have dug Latvian-style roadside trenches and ditches into the side of some of the CER stages. Maybe they were always there but they're clearer to hear and see with the adjusted lighting and time of day.

Not looking forward to what Monte Carlo is going to be like with the new physics sjould the snow and ice return. I expect I'll be kissing that wooden Forêt Domaniale sign on the first sharp left-hander a lot more when that happens.
I didn't know the physics had changed. It would explain why I've been enjoying the feel of the game so much since the update. I love the new rallies and I tried the R2 Yaris at a dry Monte and it felt amazing. Made me feel like a Welsh Sebastien :lol:

From what was somewhat of a weakness of the DiRT Rally games, The Tarmac physics have improved a lot in EA WRC.

Edit - I decided to try OBS for capturing some gameplay as the Steam Capture just makes my videos into a choppy mess. Still the usual bitrate issues when the videos get uploaded to Youtube but that's hard to avoid with fast moving things like Rally games (It especially dislikes loads of trees). At least the frame rate is somewhat watchable.

Pretty happy compared to what I was getting with Steam Capture. Hopefully I can learn OBS a bit more and maybe tweak a few settings to improve it further.

Had to have a go and see how I stacked up @PJTierney :lol:

Last edited:
Nicely done, there’s not much time left in that 😎

On RaceNet we’re even until the braking zone and the you get slightly ahead. I pull it back on the final lift turn but not enough to re-pass.

There’s another half second in the car I feel, all comes down to the exit of the braking zone as you’re on-throttle for a good 30 seconds after that.

Last edited:
I didn't know the physics had changed. It would explain why I've been enjoying the feel of the game so much since the update. I love the new rallies and I tried the R2 Yaris at a dry Monte and it felt amazing. Made me feel like a Welsh Sebastien :lol:
Let me reiterate that I find it amazing how you seem to be able to control the car so precisely via nothing but the barest minimum of visual feedback. You don't even use chase view to see the back of the car but you still seem to be able to swing out at precisely the right angle judging by that first sharp left hand turn. I wonder whether you watch your replays to see how your car reacts or if it's just the product of natural talent and long experience.

Last edited:
Nicely done, there’s not much time left in that 😎

On RaceNet we’re even until the braking zone and the you get slightly ahead. I pull it back on the final lift turn but not enough to re-pass.

There’s another half second in the car I feel, all comes down to the exit of the braking zone as you’re on-throttle for a good 30 seconds after that.
Thanks, 👍 It's a really fun stage to run as it's so short. I think I could get the short amount to get #1 I think hitting the bollards scrubs slight speed off. I also think I could lower the car even more to sharpen it up a bit as there's no major bumps or jumps on the stage. Overall I think you're right though. Not much more than half a second left in it I Dont think. Unless some one comes up with a great setup. All I did is lower the car, Extend the gearing a bit and lower the brake strength as it's so easy to lock up on controller.
That would be an Elfyn, no?
As much as I love Elfyn I wish he was as good on Monte as the Sebs. 😄
Let me reiterate that I find it amazing how you seem to be able to control the car so precisely via nothing but the barest minimum of visual feedback. You don't even use chase view to see the back of the car but you still seem to be able to swing out at precisely the right angle judging by that first sharp left hand turn. I wonder whether you watch your replays to see how your car reacts or if it's just the product of natural talent and long experience.
Its just long experience. I've been mad about Racing (Especially Rally) games since a kid, Beating my much older cousins on CMR and completing missions on Dukes Of Hazzard that they were stuck on, They were some of my earliest gaming memories. Short of Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP with my dad.

Sadly doing stupid things as a youngster damaged my nerves in my hands so I get terrible Numbness and pain from even gripping and holding a Controller, Let alone enabling rumble features.

The biggest thing that allows such performance though is good game pad implementation. DR and DR.2 were good on a pad but EA WRC is a large step forward yet again when it comes to Controller use and feel in my opinion.

Also because I'm used to it it doesnt feel bereft of feedback, My brain must provide some kind of artificial sense of weight and feel as It doesn't just feel like I'm solely relying on the visual when I'm playing.

Latest Posts

Back