Elon's Antics

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 1,359 comments
You folks have all completely misunderstood the reason for Elon Musker putting the X on the roof...

I hope it's like a version of Mad Max's thunderdome, same rules etc. 👍

Last edited:
Wait, the whole cage match between Elon and Zuck is an actual thing?

I think it's a toss-up which comes first: this or the Cybertruck.

If it does, Zuckerberg is a robot who's into krav maga and Musk is basically The Newborn from Alien Resurrection but human-sized. It'd be like watching Data in Tsunkatse against a Pakled.

I think it's a toss-up which comes first: this or the Cybertruck.

If it does, Zuckerberg is a robot who's into krav maga and Musk is basically The Newborn from Alien Resurrection but human-sized. It'd be like watching Data in Tsunkatse against a Pakled.
For some reason this caused me to google "zuckerborg". Was not disappointed.

Zuckerborg.jpeg

It's been brought to my attention that the names of Tesla models spell out S3XY.

I've heard about it and now you do too.

Part of this belongs in several threads, but also this one.

The special counsel investigation into Donald Trump secured a search warrant of the former president’s Twitter account, @realDonaldTrump, according to a newly unsealed court filing.

The search was so secret that Twitter was initially barred from telling Trump the search warrant had been obtained for his account, and the company, now known as “X,” was fined $350,000 because it delayed producing the records sought under the search warrant.

The search warrant special counsel Jack Smith obtained sought “data and records related” to Trump’s account, and ultimately, the platform was allowed to share some information about the search warrant with the former president.

The special counsel’s office, which is now working on the criminal case against Trump in DC District Court related to his efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election, sought the warrant in January 2023.

Twitter ultimately produced the records, according to the filing, now public in the US Circuit Court of Appeals.
Also CNN needs to fire the sub who allowed four successive sentences - and also four successive paragraphs - to start with the same word. And for two of those to start with the same two words (the other two also did, but not successively).

Genuinely dismal work; I wouldn't let that pass in a submitted piece here, and we write about games not global smegging news.

Part of this belongs in several threads, but also this one.

Also CNN needs to fire the sub who allowed four successive sentences - and also four successive paragraphs - to start with the same word. And for two of those to start with the same two words (the other two also did, but not successively).

Genuinely dismal work; I wouldn't let that pass in a submitted piece here, and we write about games not global smegging news.
Journalism school has taken a dive in recent years.

“Elon focuses on product design. He leads a team of extraordinary engineers and focuses on new technology,” she said. "So think about it as Elon is working on accelerating the rebrand and working on the future. And I’m responsible for the rest. Running the company from partnerships to legal to sales to finance, all the things.”

She said she has autonomy in doing that and described it as like a relay race.

"Elon works on the technology, dreams up what’s next, passes the baton to me. I bring it to market for economic prosperity, not only for our company, but for all of our customers, like our advertising partners,” she said.

I always love it when companies trot out stuff that is obviously lying and everyone knows they are obviously lying and yet they still say it as if they expect someone to believe it.

That reads like someone put a bunch of industry buzz words into an AI and that's what it spit out.
He does dream up the ideas, but he doesn't work on the technology. If he worked on the technology, it would never work.

He does dream up the ideas
The trick is that one needs to dream up ideas that are simultaneously in demand, useful, and reasonably achievable given the current state of technology. Elon has been missing on a few of those points. For example, cybertruck was somewhat in demand and useful, but not really achievable in the form he insisted on. Another example of the X rebranding of twitter is that nobody demanded it, it's not useful, but it is reasonable achievable. The stupid yoke steering at tesla was not in demand, not useful, but achievable. Solar shingles turned out to be in demand, useful, but not really reasonably achievable within a realistic price.

I suspect the language was designed to lure departed major advertisers back into the fold.

Back