Elon's Antics

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 1,359 comments
Another example of the X rebranding of twitter is that nobody demanded it, it's not useful, but it is reasonable achievable.
And yet we're still seeing live rollout of this.

Very recently the "Tweet" button became "Post" - though Retweet and Quote Tweet still appear as such on the web browser but as Repost and Quote in the usually neglected Android app. Images opened in new tabs also still show the Larry favicon (I'd guess because the content delivery network isn't actually Twitter's), and there's a whole bunch of references to Twitter in amongst the legals and other information.

And yet we're still seeing live rollout of this.

Very recently the "Tweet" button became "Post" - though Retweet and Quote Tweet still appear as such on the web browser but as Repost and Quote in the usually neglected Android app. Images opened in new tabs also still show the Larry favicon (I'd guess because the content delivery network isn't actually Twitter's), and there's a whole bunch of references to Twitter in amongst the legals and other information.
How much can you get done when you fired most of the staff though?

Musk continues to back out of the alleged cage fight, somehow making Zuckerberg look like the better person (despite being both awful and not a person):

1692106695873.png

However the cage fight stage fright appears to be a distraction from some other shenans.

At some point in the last couple of days, Cleveland-Cliffs - the second-biggest steelmaker in the USA - made an unsolicited bid of $5bn to acquire US Steel. This was rejected, but seems to have started a bidding war with a company I've never heard of called Esmark offered $7.8bn.

Shortly after Cleveland-Cliffs placed its bid, ElonJet tracked the Muskmobile from San Jose to... Cleveland, amid suggestions Musk might be interested in the deal.

Why would Musk want US Steel? Its stock market ticker is "X".

Yep.

Musk continues to back out of the alleged cage fight, somehow making Zuckerberg look like the better person (despite being both awful and not a person):

View attachment 1280268

However the cage fight stage fright appears to be a distraction from some other shenans.

At some point in the last couple of days, Cleveland-Cliffs - the second-biggest steelmaker in the USA - made an unsolicited bid of $5bn to acquire US Steel. This was rejected, but seems to have started a bidding war with a company I've never heard of called Esmark offered $7.8bn.

Shortly after Cleveland-Cliffs placed its bid, ElonJet tracked the Muskmobile from San Jose to... Cleveland, amid suggestions Musk might be interested in the deal.

Yep.
So he will gut US Steel to get the ticket symbol for a company that is private?

View attachment 1280268

Yep.
What would you do if you were the richest person in the world?
  • I'd buy a huge mansion and staff and lots of cars!
  • Private jet!
  • Yacht!
  • Not me, I'd found a university dedicated to helping the underprivileged get an education!
  • I'd tackle climate change!
  • Feed the world's hungry!

Elon: I really like the letter X.

Edit:

==============================

cQH2zKF.gif

Elon: I'd fight Mark Zuckerberg.

Last edited:
Apparently, Musk is still trying to antagonize Zuckerberg about the fight. Can’t find the two tweets but one was something like “Knock knock” & “I brought the tea” or something silly.

Yep.
Milhouse is going to be furious when he finds out about Wilhelm Röntgen, Chris Carter and treasure maps.

Last edited:
This is like when that Malcolm X biopic had to ask Marvel's permission to use the letter as a title.

This is like when that Malcolm X biopic had to ask Marvel's permission to use the letter as a title.
I hear Elon likes X-Men so much he gave his girlfriend to one.

Last edited:
When your platform is too coarse, even for Australians (j/k @Shaun):
Sorry mate just seen this now.

Well we have to draw the line somewhere and admittedly that line is more often than not very hard to reach with us being such an uncouth lot and all. :lol:

Last edited:

Unlimited* free speech!

*so long as it aligns specifically with my personal beliefs and doesn't seem like it's critizing me in any way, otherwise go pound sand
That much needed ad revenue'll be flooding in after this cunning stunt*.
*totally not a malapropism

Last edited:
Nothing to see here, just more of the usual

Okay but Galloway is also kind of a bitch.

The trick is that one needs to dream up ideas that are simultaneously in demand, useful, and reasonably achievable given the current state of technology. Elon has been missing on a few of those points. For example, cybertruck was somewhat in demand and useful, but not really achievable in the form he insisted on. Another example of the X rebranding of twitter is that nobody demanded it, it's not useful, but it is reasonable achievable. The stupid yoke steering at tesla was not in demand, not useful, but achievable. Solar shingles turned out to be in demand, useful, but not really reasonably achievable within a realistic price.
Musk's singular gift is creating compelling stories to get people to buy the things he's slinging.

The Solar Roof thing may be the best example of this. The solar shingles are a dumb idea from a construction point of view, but for an average consumer it's just such a tidy and compelling solution...especially for the types who look at Musk as an otherworldly genius. "Let me get this straight, you are combining two things I need into one product?! BRILLIANT". The reality is that shingles are tasked with doing one thing and solar panels another, unrelated thing, and you are just compromising the performance of both of them by trying to combine them into one product.

Oh boy!
1692374784768.png

So now that means you can harass and annoy and threaten anyone you want with no repercussions. Public square indeed.

So now that means you can harass and annoy and threaten anyone you want with no repercussions. Public square indeed.
Blocking scammers and bots so they don't have access to my account is pretty much the second most frequent thing I do on the website after upvoting community notes on dingbat posts.

Perhaps this'll be the kick up the arse I need to finally call it a day there unless Muck has some further emergency surgery planned on the day he's supposed to authorise this change.

Last edited:
Part of this belongs in several threads, but also this one.

Also CNN needs to fire the sub who allowed four successive sentences - and also four successive paragraphs - to start with the same word. And for two of those to start with the same two words (the other two also did, but not successively).

Genuinely dismal work; I wouldn't let that pass in a submitted piece here, and we write about games not global smegging news.
Clearly they are just a massive fan of The The... ;)

Either he found out how many advertisers are being blocked (which is a serious punch in the wallet) or that he's the single most-blocked account on there and is having an ego crisis.

Maybe he'll try and argue that his app does have the capability of blocking users but only admin staff can make use of it for users which are reported by enough people. Or if that doesn't fly, he could always sell it as a blue check only option, maybe?

Last edited:
Either he found out how many advertisers are being blocked (which is a serious punch in the wallet) or that he's the single most-blocked account on there and is having an ego crisis.
And/or he is listening to the wrong voices (his idiot army) and doesn't realize the possible mass exodus that can come from this decision. Seems likely he will move blocking to a pay-only feature.

Maybe he'll try and argue that his app does have the capability of blocking users but only admin staff can make use of it for users which are reported by enough people. Or if that doesn't fly, he could always sell it as a blue check only option, maybe?
Don't think that'd fly, either, especially amongst concerned parents and guardians who may not feel like stumping up a monthly fee.
Apple rejection notice
It is necessary that you put all of the following precautions in place:
  • Require that users agree to terms (EULA) and these terms must make it clear that there is no tolerance for objectionable content
  • Use moderators to flag and remove inappropriate content and offensive users
  • Users need a mechanism to flag objectionable content and report users generating this content
  • Users need a mechanism to block abusive users
  • Developer must act on objectionable content reports within 24 hours by removing the content and ejecting the user who provided the offending content
  • Developer needs a method for ejecting users who violate the terms of the EULA

Last edited:
I mean he already said a couple weeks ago that he was personally going to talk to Tim Apple and have them waive the App Store fee (that Apple is currently appealing a ruling against in court because Epic didn't lose its court case quite as embarrassingly as Apple would have liked) for the Twitter app so I'm sure he'll smooth that over too.

Last edited:
Back