Euro 2016 Qualification Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 480 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
One further note - Albania has also now qualified for its first ever major tournament.

At least Scotland get independence, even if it is only for a few weeks next year. :lol:

One further note - Albania has also now qualified for its first ever major tournament.

It's a given that this would happen with an expansion to 24 teams, about half of the number of UEFA nations, but you have to give credit where it is due for these teams doing so.

And let's not forget that the initial format has expanded from 4 teams to 8 to 16 and now to 24 anyway.

At least Scotland get independence, even if it is only for a few weeks next year. :lol:

I think that's neglect, not independence.

Last edited:
Ireland have to make do with the Play-Offs after losing 2-1 to Poland, Northern Ireland drew 1-1 away to Finland to top their group and Scotland beat Gibraltar 6-0 who have broken the record for most goals conceded in qualifying with 53....

Here the games for tomorrow then, the last group games of qualification

Group A
Latvia v Kazakhstan
Netherlands v Czech Republic
Turkey v Iceland

Group B
Belgium v Israel
Cyprus v Bosnia
Wales v Andorra

Group H
Bulgaria v Azerbaijan
Italy v Norway
Malta v Croatia

All games are 7.45pm kick off (GMT), the draw for the plays offs is on Sunday morning.

Albania, Iceland, Slovakia and Wales qualify for a tournament automatically but the Netherlands look to fall short of even a play-off place?

Waanzin.

The millionaire boys club isn't really worth the money.

Red card for the Czechs.

Last edited:
blind_6B85558AC54A0066C125799F006421E9_5.jpg

Van Gaal knew our defenders sucked donkey balls, so he acted accordingly and used 5 of them.

Hiddink, and now Blind wanted to go back to the 'Dutch school' because that was the way they always played. But they fail(ed) to realise that the material for that setup just isn't there.
No Jaap Stam, Mark van Bommel, Edgar Davids, Philip Cocu, de Boertjes etc etc.

This team mostly consists overpaid, arrogant boys who's diaper rash is barely cured.

Look at our group. We should have been at 27 points by now.

Edit.

The Turks were playing all out the first half against Iceland. Now it's a warmup match.

Edit2

0-3. Own goal van Persie. Typical.

1-3. Huntelaar.

Last edited:
Should also point out that Hungary might be on course to qualify as the best placed 3rd place team, ending their 10 Euro drought, having failed to qualify every time since 1982.

Should also point out that Hungary might be on course to qualify as the best placed 3rd place team, ending their 10 Euro drought, having failed to qualify every time since 1982.

If Turkey wins, and Kazakhstan beats Latvia the Turks take that position.

2-3. Van Persie.

1-0 Turkey.

Kazakhstan 1-0 against Latvia.

I think the Turks are going as best Nr3.

Last edited:
That's it for the Netherlands. Tot ziens. Turkey's win against Iceland made the result academic but tonight's game against the Czechs is a severe disappointment.

Again, it's automatic qualification for Albania, Slovakia, Wales and Iceland but sweet FA for the Dutch. In an expanded format with more teams qualifying. Madness.

Just to wrap things up:

I think 4th would be an achievement for Wales...

1st Bosnia
2nd Belgium
3rd Israel
4th Wales/Cyprus
5th Cyprus/Wales
6th Andorra

Until we see lower-ranked Israel in action, I'd say Wales are looking at an optimistic 4th.

CROakIKUcAQ0WjR.png:large

What were my predictions again?

I have no doubts we can and should be beating Cyprus and Israel.

1st Belgium
2nd Wales/Bosnia
3rd Bosnia/Wales
4th Israel
5th Cyprus
6th Andorra

Oh yeah.

I'll dissect our performances later but... we qualified. Told ya.

And the Turks. :lol: :indiff: :lol: :indiff:

Northern Ireland. Austria.

Sorry I'm not making this any easier for you. Honestly, if I was Dutch, I'd be apoplectic with this qualifying campaign. It's been a disgrace.

BBC Wales stole my Twitter jokes and have renamed themselves BBC Bales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back