F1 Caption Game - Archive ThreadFormula 1 

Status
Not open for further replies.
f1-hungarian-gp-2014-daniel-ricciardo-red-bull-racing-rb10.jpg

I can't believe your using that pic of me, for your avatar zed300

I think the joke is that he appears to be looking directly at Zed's avatar from the picture... ;) But thanks for the tip, I'll do that anyway 👍
That's why I said do that, as people can click the name and see the avatar.

ROUND TEN - RESULT

germany-flag-small.gif

1st: prisonermonkeys - 25 pts (E: 14 votes)
2nd: Touring Mars - 18 pts (H: 8 votes)
3rd=: Furinkazen, niky, Soundtrack - 12 pts (B;C;I: 4 votes)
6th: magpie1997 - 8 pts (F: 3 votes)
7th: GTP_Ingram - 6 pts (D: 2 votes)
8th=: Famine, zed300, SVT Cobra GT - 2 pts (K;N;P: 1 vote)

Winning Entry

14530758659_0ac8ba4290_c.jpg

prisonermonkeys
"Alright, let's go and find a McLaren nose and see if the internet was right."

Standings (after Round Ten)
* denotes Round Win

1st: Touring Mars ** - 122 pts
2nd: Furinkazen
** - 107 pts
3rd: Famine
** - 86 pts

4th: prisonermonkeys * - 78 pts
5th: Soundtrack - 78 pts
6th: GTP_Ingram* - 76 pts
7th=: Akmuq *, niky * - 45 pts
9th: TheBook * - 39 pts
10th: PeterJB * - 38 pts
11th: Flex0r - 38 pts
12th: magpie1997 * - 37 pts
13th: Jimlaad43 - 34 pts
14th: BlacqueJacques - 22 pts
15th=: Beeblebrox237, DQuaN, Solo - 20 pts
18th: DK * - 16 pts
19th: LMSCorvetteGT2 - 15 pts
20th: pezzarinho17 - 14 pts
21st: SVT Cobra GT - 9 pts
22nd: haitch40 - 8 pts
23rd: Matty - 7 pts
24th: zed300 - 4 pts
25th=: Stiggy, Jahgee1124 - 2 pts

If you think any votes have been incorrectly counted/assigned or that the number of
points awarded or added to your score is wrong, please let me know ASAP

Entries for Round Eleven - HUNGARY are still open until 1800 BST today

Last edited:
pg-56-bernie-getty.jpg

BE : "And how much money will it take to make you shut up?"

Second entry:
BE : "It is a generous offer, but I think you have mistaken my money for Max Mosley's..."​

pg-56-bernie-getty.jpg

"I would like to thank all those billionares and governments who paid me millions to help me gain this historic victory today."

pg-56-bernie-getty.jpg

"Yes, it's true, I admit it! Every single hair on my head sprouts from the same follicle."

One for @GTP_Ingram here:

Interviewer: "Bernie, can you imagine how much better F1 could be if someone else ran it with a decent format? More emphasis on the racing and keep concentrating on that instead of faulty equipment and short events because of tight schedules, all these hundreds of thousands of people dedicate their lives to practicing and get tiny little events where circumstances decide the results. There was one year I remember one of the competitors being blatantly rammed off by someone in plain sight of me and he was straight out of the competition and I thought they were a potential winner. I thought it was really unfair on him, I remember thinking how unfair it was on the time and effort he put in to get there. If that race would've been a one on one the steward might've actually open his eyes and seen something.

One day perhaps hopefully someone will come up with a great format that really digs the proper talent out! It would really be great then to see some real young talent being found."

pg-56-bernie-getty.jpg

What do you mean scot-free? You know how long it's going to take me to make back all that money?

Oh, wait... I already have.

One for @GTP_Ingram here:

Interviewer: "Bernie, can you imagine how much better F1 could be if someone else ran it with a decent format? More emphasis on the racing and keep concentrating on that instead of faulty equipment and short events because of tight schedules, all these hundreds of thousands of people dedicate their lives to practicing and get tiny little events where circumstances decide the results. There was one year I remember one of the competitors being blatantly rammed off by someone in plain sight of me and he was straight out of the competition and I thought they were a potential winner. I thought it was really unfair on him, I remember thinking how unfair it was on the time and effort he put in to get there. If that race would've been a one on one the steward might've actually open his eyes and seen something.

One day perhaps hopefully someone will come up with a great format that really digs the proper talent out! It would really be great then to see some real young talent being found."

:lol: Thanks for allowing me to read his response without actually directly bothering to read his response.

pg-56-bernie-getty.jpg

Guy on left: Damn I'm so baked! Where am I? Is that a McDonalds over there?

Guy on right: €60 million eh? I barely get any money as it is! Maybe I should sue him for fraud, I never wanted this moustache anyway!

Bernie: "Actually, I think €100m is a very good price for a new racetrack."

pg-56-bernie-getty.jpg

"I don't know why the court is naming its new $100 million development after McLaren. You'd have to ask Ron Dennis about that."

pg-56-bernie-getty.jpg

BE: " I did not have sexua.... no wait, I am not a croo..... no wait, sorry no comment."

Last edited:
pg-56-bernie-getty.jpg

Caterham are looking for a driver with a bit of money and some previous racing experience. Only one guy seemed to have enough money.

ROUND ELEVEN - RESULT

hu-smflag.gif

1st: NFX - 25 pts (M: 10 votes)
2nd: Furinkazen - 18 pts (L: 6 votes)
3rd=: TheBook, Blacques Jacques, pezzarinho17, zed300 - 11 pts (G,K,P,S: 4 votes)
7th=: Touring Mars, prisonermonkeys - 5 pts (I,O: 3 votes)
9th=: jimipitbull, niky - 1 pt (A,N: 2 votes)

Entries with less than 2 votes: no score

Winning Entry

f1-hungarian-gp-2014-daniel-ricciardo-red-bull-racing-rb10.jpg

NFX
"What fuel flow irregularity?"

Standings (after Round Eleven)
* denotes Round Win

1st: Touring Mars ** - 127 pts
2nd: Furinkazen
** - 125 pts
3rd: Famine
** - 86 pts

4th: prisonermonkeys * - 83 pts
5th: Soundtrack - 78 pts
6th: GTP_Ingram* - 76 pts
7th: TheBook * - 50 pts
8th: niky * - 46 pts
9th: Akmuq * - 45 pts
10th: PeterJB * - 38 pts
11th: Flex0r - 38 pts
12th: magpie1997 * - 37 pts
13th: Jimlaad43 - 34 pts
14th: BlacqueJacques - 33 pts
15th: NFX * - 25 pts
16th: pezzarinho17 - 25 pts
17th=: Beeblebrox237, DQuaN, Solo - 20 pts
20th: DK * - 16 pts
21st=: LMSCorvetteGT2, zed300 - 15 pts
23rd: SVT Cobra GT - 9 pts
24th: haitch40 - 8 pts
25th: Matty - 7 pts
26th=: Stiggy, Jahgee1124 - 2 pts
28th: jimipitbull - 1 pt

If you think any votes have been incorrectly counted/assigned or that the number of
points awarded or added to your score is wrong, please let me know ASAP

IMPORTANT NOTE: Adding up votes and points was done extremely fast so please check your scores and PM me if I've made a mistake!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back