Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Here is the lastest on the Clubsport shifter for those that have asked several times now. This was posted by Thomas over at iRacing in response to an inquiry about it:

That is a bit off topic but I can tell you that durring our first gaming life tests, where 4 chinese workers are actually playing with the shifter 24/7, we discovered a potential problem which required the rework of one important part. This can be done after CNY and then we can start testing again.
The good news is that it gets better and better and we also add more features and better functionality. We just want to take our time for testing so that the quality is perfect.

CNY: Chinese New Year

So considering you say the failure rate is high, i suppose you want to reduce that. So what changes are you going to implement to improve the products themselves? What improvements would we as end-users be able to take notice off?

I am asking as I need to pay 150 for the service pack, because of a few issues. I already asked basically the same from the CS dude, but since I have not heard back yet I thought I'd ask you. Cause I wouldn't want to run into issues again a following year, cause yeah... I just can do a lot of nice stuff for that money otherwise (get another BKG2 for simvibe, get a trackIR5, go out with friends to two or three concerts, etc)
+1

That is exactly what I wanted to know. Good post LogiForce! 👍

If the Fanatec wheels were more reliable, I'd definitely consider buying one. With the defective rate being between 3 to 5%, I'm considering the T500 or even the G27 instead.

Why would you want to get a Maintenance Pack for 150,- if your wheel is still under warranty?
This pack only makes sense if you do not have warranty anymore but want to make sure your wheel works like new. We are offering it now so that people already know before they make the purchase that this wheel will be serviced for many many years.

With every production batch we are learning and improving. The workers get more familiar with the product, we use more and better fixtures and we can focus to eliminate the quality issues which occured at the customer side.

Unfortunately not everything can be tested and predicted in advance but so far we were at least able to solve all issues once we were able to identify them.

It isn't according the CS guy, since I was gifted the CSW by you according to my invoice, which was send to me by Claudia who said I had premium warranty on it. :confused:

I will send you a mail with said correspondence. Maybe you can make more sense out of it.

About the biggest worries around here, which I wanted to inquire after as 'what are you going to do about it', are the belt wear/slippage issues and stress on the motors by too high a tension or slippage. Also I wanted to ask about the quick release wobble and the motor issues.

The motor issues are probably related to the belts as these motors with sleeve bearings are not designed for these lateral loads caused by belt tension. Mabuchi should mentions this on their sight. So if you can design a 'bearing bracket' of sorts that the motor mounted pulleys can rest on, it would already fix a lot of issues. Like a metal plate between the screw holes with the bearings mounted on a little axle or screw to the plate which fits in the holes on the pulleys.
When this is done, you could in theory increase the belt tension to reduce (almost eliminate) slippage to a bare minimum and increase feel through the wheel (for CSR E and CSW).
It's just a thought.

ps. What you said in German, Thomas. Think such things, but never say it in public. if you have to say it, do it via PM. People from other countries can read German too, some even German dialects. ;)

ps. What you said in German, Thomas. Think such things, but never say it in public. if you have to say it, do it via PM. People from other countries can read German too, some even German dialects. ;)

Now perhaps I can begin to understand the sudden escalation on the previous page. If someone had been provoked and blown a gasket. So the reaction may not have been as troll-like as others perceived. Lost in translation I guess.

Thomas is the CEO of Fanatec. It's definitely not the right attitude saying something like that.
I'm Belgian and my German is good enough to understand what he said. Thomas better not have said that.

I just told him that if he wants to bash us he should do that right into my face (personally). It was not a threat or an insult at all.

I invited this guy to visit us as he is from the same region. But he gave me a lame reason not to do so and prefers to continue to bash us anonymous in a forum. I don't want to discuss this anymore. If he wants to talk to me he can send me a PM and then we can talk by phone or in person.

Logiforce,

the issues you mentioned were all solved in the recent production batches. The design does not need any change if it is manufactured properly. Some of the early versions had issues because our factory needed time to get familiar with the product but we now solved all known issues.

I just told him that if he wants to bash us he should do that right into my face (personally). It was not a threat or an insult at all.

I invited this guy to visit us as he is from the same region. But he gave me a lame reason not to do so and prefers to continue to bash us anonymous in a forum. I don't want to discuss this anymore. If he wants to talk to me he can send me a PM and then we can talk by phone or in person.

Logiforce,

the issues you mentioned were all solved in the recent production batches. The design does not need any change if it is manufactured properly. Some of the early versions had issues because our factory needed time to get familiar with the product but we now solved all known issues.

Hi Thomas,
I am keen to get a csw or csr elite but this thread scares the hell out of me so i'll not be getting one !

If somebody cant bash in real life face to face....... Being offered the chance to sit down with a ceo and discuss issues from a customer piont of view is very respectable.

I see thomas's good and bad post's, he is just a man at the end of the day and he will do as he pleases wether proffessional or unproffessional, theres times when things have tobe vented, if you are a public figure we see the good and the bad, its the same with celebritys ;) and famous people ect.

I don't really care about all this drama, not even a little bit.

All I know is that I've still got my CSW which was purchased on launch day and it hasn't had any problems and has been the best wheel I've ever owned (owned about 10 different wheels over the years).

Logiforce,

You could have told him that as well through PM instead of posting it for everybody to read.
Problem solved, moving on.

So it is possible to visit Fanatec?
Because in 2010 or was it 2011, when I wanted to buy a GT3RS, I asked your customer service to stop at your factory to pick up the GT3Rs in person. I was on my way to Austria so it was perfectly possible to stop at the Fanatec factory. This was absolutely not possible according to your staff.

I'm very pleased to hear that the issues are solved in the last production batches. I'm still looking for a wheel and if the reliability is much better with the last batches, I'm again, considering a Fanatec wheel. ;)

Since Autumn last year we have a show room in Landshut with a few cockpits but it is not open for public.

I am always very happy to have direct contact to our customers so if somebody is in our area he can feel free to let me know and if it is possible we arrange such a visit. Anybody is welcome, no matter if he is already a customer or interested to become one.

In some cases we also invite customers who had technical issues which were not possible to reproduce on our side so that they can sit down with our support team and find a solution. Direct feedback from the customers is super important for us. This is why I am here.

As the CEO of a limited company you can be personally held reliable if you misinform stakeholders and/or shareholders about the past, present or future financial and economical situation of said company.

Your original remark is right on the edge of being misleading, as you imply the industry, of which Endor is a part of, is not facing hard economical times in general. Yet the financial reports of the last several years clearly state Endor has issues.

Again, as the CEO, you have be be truthful and may not lead stakeholders to false beliefs - unless you are prepared to suffer the consequences in any case of financial loss.

You have no right at all to keep this private - this is information that must be shared with the public by Endor.

Indeed, you personally brought this upon you by saying

Anthony,

where does this come from? Don't worry, we are doing well. Just because other companies have issues it does not mean that this applies to the whole industry. ;)

You have a very, very strange definition of "doing well". One thing that's "well" is that you pay the wages. And I'm really dying to know how many people are on your payroll, and in what position they work. Now there's an information you can keep to yourself, but I painted a very clear picture in my mind.

As far as a little tete-a-tete: any particular reason I should accept an invitation by you? What else could you possibly tell me that isn't already available to the public?

And mistake me not, I do not appreciate any efforts of you attacking me personally, or indeed avoid direct questions by reducing my intentions to "bashing".

Everyone is entitled to do with their money as they wish. They can invest in a penny stock, give it to charity or buy products from Endor. None of my business. Potentially misleading information however is.

I've reported this thread as I really don't understand how it's become a public flogging arena for a manfacturer and remains unmoderated.
It's very disappointing and not something I want in a community based forum

Last edited:
I've reported this thread as I really don't understand how it's become a public flogging arena for a manfacturer and remains unmoderated.
It's very disappointing and not something I want in a commnity based forum

Agreed. I looked up some of the protagonists to see that they actually do contribute elsewhere on the threads, which it appears they do (whew!).

If folks have an issue with a company, "talk with your feet", don't go there for your product. It's good to talk about the good and bad of products as nothing is perfect, but to keep harping on is trolling (in my opinion).

Instead of provoking about Thomas' company, lets talk hardware here, it is the Sim Racing Hardware thread after all. He might even take more time to answer our PMs without having to play goalie for all the spewing...

Last edited:
It's very disappointing and not something I want in a commnity based forum

Source: http://www.endor.de/resources/JA-HGB_2006.pdf

Die Endor AG plant, den Vertrieb zu einem großen Teil auf Direktmarketing umzustellen, unterstützt durch virales Marketing.

The Endor AG plans to convert the distribution to a large extent towards direct marketing, supported through viral marketing.

Erst durch Einführung der Porsche Lenkräder sowie die erfolgreiche Umsetzung des viralen Marketingkonzepts für den Headshot Controller werden Umsätze und Ertrag wieder deutlich steigen.

Only with the introduction of the Porsche Steering wheels and the successful implementation of the viral marketing concept for the Headshot Controller, sales and earnings will increase significantly again.

Für 2007 sind die Einführung der neuen Lenkradserie, deren Serienproduktion kurz vor dem Start steht, sowie der Ausbau des Direktvertriebs durch virales Marketing geplant.

For 2007, the introduction of the new steering wheel series, mass production is about to start, and the expansion of direct sales through viral marketing are planned.

The viral marketing stuff is up to the site owners, it's none of my business.

However a CEO should know where the limits are when it comes to business matters. Not complying to the code of conduct may lead to consequences far worse than being told off by a mod.

Anything else?

Instead of provoking about Thomas' company, lets talk hardware here, it is the Sim Racing Hardware thread after all. He might even take more time to answer our PMs without having to play goalie for all the spewing...

Again, he brought it upon himself. And I don't see the Logitech CEO acting up in the respective thread a bit further down the page.

I have a very strong opinion about this kind of behavior, however I keep that to myself.

Source: http://www.endor.de/resources/JA-HGB_2006.pdf

The viral marketing stuff is up to the site owners, it's none of my business.

However a CEO should know where the limits are when it comes to business matters. Not complying to the code of conduct may lead to consequences far worse than being told off by a mod.

Anything else?

Again, he brought it upon himself. And I don't see the Logitech CEO acting up in the respective thread a bit further down the page.

I have a very strong opinion about this kind of behavior, however I keep that to myself.

That's the 2006 paper and the viral marketing has since paid off, hasn't it? It even reached Brazil and Australia by masses via transfer through friends or distributors. Also the amount of people with Fanatec wheels is immense compared to 2006.

I agree that it is a dangerous business model to relay on such means alone, as everything the customer base says online can influence the company.

I think the CEO of Logitech is Swiss. Different kind of people in comparison to someone from Bavaria. Plus he decent (maybe wisely?) to not interfere with customer relations for whatever reason, like Guillemot (Thrustmaster CEO).
Not that I think lashing out is good as a CEO. A public image needs to be upheld of course. However, I can understand Thomas as well. He is a person to with feelings, like you and me. Since the business relies on viral marketing, bad mouthing the company can lead to influence in sales. Which will influence shareholders and his seat as CEO. Plus there is the personal feeling of responsibility and feeling tied to a company, which makes one want to defend it.
So yeah, not saying it's good but it's human to behave like this.

Now if you really want to attack him, wouldn't it be best to do that about 2012? Cause I can't imagine you held a grudge towards Fanatec for that 6 years. Plus what happened in the last 12 months seems to have crossed to many lines for you.

ps. I am not trying to defend Fanatec here as I also think things could be better. However, I just wanted to let you know the other point of view and that we are all just humans with feelings living together on this globe. ;)

However, I can understand Thomas as well. He is a person to with feelings, like you and me.

(...)

Now if you really want to attack him, wouldn't it be best to do that about 2012? Cause I can't imagine you held a grudge towards Fanatec for that 6 years. Plus what happened in the last 12 months seems to have crossed to many lines for you.

I do not have a grudge against Endor at all.

I phoned them twice in 2012, asking if they sell goods over the counter (they don't) or if I could pick up a pre paid wheel directly from their offices for convenience reasons (I couldn't).

Well, yes there is the small matter of me owning a second hand Wheelstand with a screw not really sitting tight and making the thing a bit wobbly every now and then. I don't think I have ever complained about that. Don't think so. The screw was only discovered in 500 AC, so one couldn't really think man kind has already mastered the art of screwing.

However I did go through their paperwork some time later, and I did not like it one little bit.

As Thomas also has a degree in economics, and signs for reading the paperwork every year, I believe he knows exactly what I am talking about and I hope he also realizes I'm still being polite.

He also should know that as CEO, he haas responsibilities. And for one last time: watch your step if you make remarks about the past, present and future performance of your company.

And that's really it. He simply went too far by his "we are doing well" routine. I could recommend the Oxford Dictionary if he's in need for words that describe the success of recent years.

And I don't really see Thomas' position of CEO in any danger. At all.

do you have a stake in this company ItsHim? as i cant really see what your point is or what any of what this company does has any bearing on you... if all you are is a customer then all this your going on about means nothing

do you have a stake in this company ItsHim? as i cant really see what your point is or what any of what this company does has any bearing on you... if all you are is a customer then all this your going on about means nothing

I am not financially involved with Endor or any of its competitors.

I am however a keen member of GTP and thus take the liberty of contributing to any thread or topic I chose to.

Even more so if it happens to be something I have a good amount of expertise in.

Your profile says you are a "Civil Servant."

What expertise do you have in business law or running a multi-million dollar business?

Are there plans to bring the Premium Value pack to the US? I'm pretty much ready to buy, but I'm going to hold off if it's coming to the US.

Your profile says you are a "Civil Servant."

What expertise do you have in business law or running a multi-million dollar business?

Super, staying out of the fray here...but in EU, someone like our very own NYC mayor Bloomberg (in his mayoral capacity) would be classified as a civil servant. Means they work for the govt. So yes, there are Civil Servants that actually do or have run multi-million dollar businesses, and those who are business attorneys, although that may or may not be the case here.

So you may want to adjust your post accordingly.

The term civil service has two different meanings:

A branch of governmental service in which individuals are employed on the basis of professional merit as proven by competitive examinations.

The body of employees in any government agency other than the military.

So for example a male nurse in USAF is not a civil servant, although employed by the US government.

Last edited:
Adjusting my post isn't necessary. He claims to have expertise that qualifies him to tell Thomas how to run his business. I'm simply asking what that expertise is.

Last edited:
I am not financially involved with Endor or any of its competitors.

I am however a keen member of GTP and thus take the liberty of contributing to any thread or topic I chose to.

Even more so if it happens to be something I have a good amount of expertise in.

no worries mate just this thread has really taken a different direction..

Super, staying out of the fray here...but in EU, someone like our very own NYC mayor Bloomberg (in his mayoral capacity) would be classified as a civil servant. Means they work for the govt. So yes, there are Civil Servants that actually do or have run multi-million dollar businesses, and those who are business attorneys, although that may or may not be the case here.

So you may want to adjust your post accordingly.

The term civil service has two different meanings:

A branch of governmental service in which individuals are employed on the basis of professional merit as proven by competitive examinations.

The body of employees in any government agency other than the military.

So for example a male nurse in USAF is not a civil servant, although employed by the US government.

yeah i work for a government owned company but we dont use the term civil servant really here in aus. but im a govt worker not a civil servant in JogoAsobi way of looking at it

yeah i work for a government owned company but we dont use the term civil servant really here in aus. but im a govt worker not a civil servant in JogoAsobi way of looking at it

Not my definition, see Wikipedia...

A civil servant or public servant is a person in the public Sector employed for a government department or agency. The extent of civil servants of a state as part of the "Civil Service" varies from country to country. In the United Kingdom, for instance, only Crown employees are referred to as civil servants, county or city employees are not.

Last edited:
Back