Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Have you considered moving up to PC racers? Such as iRacing, it's not for everyone, many members here have tried it and quit. Although if you are a serious racer, well let me rephrase that, if you really enjoy the challenge, you are competitive, then iRacing is for you. Then there are the console games/PC games like pCARS that will be enjoyable on the PC.

The reason I mentioned this is because now you can do away with the T500 pedals, like many of us have done and get a set that you like. I went with a set of CSP and inverted them in my rig. I am bidding on a set of Cannon pedals ATM.

I've thought about it, never tried it. I only started to race with a wheel on gt5. I racing seems alot more complicated. I hope one day to try it. Maybe buy a couple of months. I'm sure I'll like it. thanks to all who replied. Have a great night. Hope you race

You can also wait for the official Thrustmaster load cell (coming soon). rFactor 2 is also a very very pleasant simulation (the best physics I have driven, close (better) than professionnal Crudden simulator).

Need some help guys.
I'm having trouble with the CSW/CSRss/CSPV2 in GT5. When changing gear the gear changes automatically as if theirs no clutch when I'm depressing the clutch pedal.
Now I know the pedals and clutch work as they were working fine on the Elite on Friday in Forza 4. And I hooked them up to the laptop and checked there and everything worked in the driver properties.
I've tried re flashing the firmware and even removed the driver and reinstalled it and the firmware again and still no clutch. Is it something in a GT5 update maybe?

rFactor 2 is also a very very pleasant simulation (the best physics I have driven, close (better) than professionnal Crudden simulator).

I totally agree, rfactor2's physics and primarily the FFB is amazing. This sim really brings the T500, CSW or CSR-Elite to live and shows what these are capable to do, it's a must for these wheels. G25 feels good too.

(You don't listen to 64kbit mp3s with your high end headphone, or watch videos in VGA resolution on your HDTV too ...)

Need some help guys.
I'm having trouble with the CSW/CSRss/CSPV2 in GT5. When changing gear the gear changes automatically as if theirs no clutch when I'm depressing the clutch pedal.
Now I know the pedals and clutch work as they were working fine on the Elite on Friday in Forza 4. And I hooked them up to the laptop and checked there and everything worked in the driver properties.
I've tried re flashing the firmware and even removed the driver and reinstalled it and the firmware again and still no clutch. Is it something in a GT5 update maybe?

Assuming that you have not mistakenly inserted GT5 Prologue? I would not expect it to be firmware or update related. I would check all conections to be sure, including the clutch's internal connection to the pcb.

Assuming that you have not mistakenly inserted GT5 Prologue? I would not expect it to be firmware or update related. I would check all conections to be sure, including the clutch's internal connection to the pcb.

Thanks for the reply
It actually just started working the next time I turned it on :crazy:

What's the resolution of ClubSport Wheel Base (aka CSW) ? 10-bit? 12-bit? 14-bit? 16-bit?

I couldn't find this information in any place!

Looks like 10-bit? This was confirmed?

The pedals v2 are 10-bit.

Last edited:
So who would wager against the possibility of Fanatec being in the process of doing a new FM 5 wheel?
Mr T is due a new surprise soon I reckon with new consoles on the horizon!

So who would wager against the possibility of Fanatec being in the process of doing a new FM 5 wheel?

Perhaps we will find out today, i really hope the CSR Elite will work on the next xbox.I do not think they could handle it since their release schedual is getting delayed over and over.

We're all still waiting for the Formula rim for the Elite, the CSS and the CSHB.

Offcourse a new Xbox wheel could be the reason for all those delays:idea:

Edit: Just saw this in the european Fanatec Shop

csrelite.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh Sherlock you are quick to spot something I noticed too. :)
Possible just a mistake on the site.

It all may come to nothing and really if anything happens it will likely be at E3 like before.
FM5 release is the key and it could be a year away, maybe tonight we will find out.

Last edited:
Well it is likely they wouldn't over complicate things for themselves.
On the other hand if new PC based consoles make coding easier for developers does this also open the door for new peripherals using things like rev counters/displays that consoles usually do not support but PC has for years?

Edit: Just saw this in the european Fanatec Shop

csrelite.jpg

Fyi: It has been that way for months, at least in the US store. I read on Thomas' Blog, that Fanatec had to recall the Elite wheels due to a manufacturer defect. However, the post was removed only a day later. If there is ANY truth or not in it, I am not certain. However, it does make some common sense.

Need some help guys.

Just an update
I'd the same problem today, but I've found that the clutch function works on some cars and not others. And as before everything is working in the Fanatec driver properties so it must actually be a bug from the last GT5 update.
A little annoying, but major relief that it wasn't something wrong with the hardware!

I will take that bet. $50 says they don't. (Bet just with Latte... not everyone lol!)

I will take that bet. $50 says they don't. (Bet just with Latte... not everyone lol!)

Well, well,mmmmmm
Interesting now isn't it with FM5 at todays showcase and confirmed as a launch title which likely means an Oct/Nov release date.

So far going by today highlights I think your odds have dropped a little. :sly:

I do not see Fanatec wanting to miss out on such an opportunity when they have had such great success with FM in the past. Also could their still be unfinished business with that handbrake of E3 2011 that never appeared?

I thought it was confirmed back in January that the next Xbox will still use XID and therefore Elite/CSR would be a safe bet.

None of Fanatec's current XBOX 360 compatible wheels will work with the next XBOX ONE wirelessly. With the 360 the wireless connection is RF based while the ONE the controllers connect via Wi-Fi Direct......hence why Microsoft stated months ago that current Xbox controllers will not work with the new machine.

So unless the XBOX ONE will allow a USB peripheral connection for the wheel to work (fat chance) we'll all be at Fantaec's mercy to offer some kind of upgrade board to get our CSRs and Elites to work with it.

Well, well,mmmmmm
Interesting now isn't it with FM5 at todays showcase and confirmed as a launch title which likely means an Oct/Nov release date.

So far going by today highlights I think your odds have dropped a little. :sly:

I do not see Fanatec wanting to miss out on such an opportunity when they have had such great success with FM in the past. Also could their still be unfinished business with that handbrake of E3 2011 that never appeared?

Don't start counting your money yet ;)

None of Fanatec's current XBOX 360 compatible wheels will work with the next XBOX ONE wirelessly. With the 360 the wireless connection is RF based while the ONE the controllers connect via Wi-Fi Direct......hence why Microsoft stated months ago that current Xbox controllers will not work with the new machine.

So unless the XBOX ONE will allow a USB peripheral connection for the wheel to work (fat chance) we'll all be at Fantaec's mercy to offer some kind of upgrade board to get our CSRs and Elites to work with it.

Sadly confirmed :grumpy:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4353912/xbox-one-will-not-support-xbox-360-controllers

It all starts to make sense:

-The CSR Elite is not available in the Fanatec stores anywhere
Stock has been cleared
-The CSR Elite Formula wheel gets months of delays
Producing the formula rim for the Elite shouldn't take that long, since is not really a entire new product, but just a redesign of the CSW formula rim. Fanatec is using the production capacity for making a new xbox one wheel. The fact that the formula rim will be the only add rim for the elite also starts to make sense now.
-Forza 5 will be an xbox one launch title
Forza 5 needs a high end wheel at launch

In my opinion there are two possible scenerios:

A: XBOX ONE will allow a USB peripheral connection for the wheel to work
This could mean that the CSW will be compatible and explains why the CSR Elite will/is discontinued
B: Fanatec will be presenting a new XBOX ONE wheel at the E3

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4353912/xbox-one-will-not-support-xbox-360-controllers

-The CSR Elite is not available in the Fanatec stores anywhere
Stock has been cleared
Producing the formula rim for the Elite shouldn't take that long, since is not really a entire new product, but just a redesign of the CSW formula rim. Fanatec is using the production capacity for making a new xbox one wheel. The fact that the formula rim will be the only add rim for the elite also starts to make sense now.
-Forza 5 will be an xbox one launch title
Forza 5 needs a high end wheel at launch

In my opinion there are two possible scenerios:

A: XBOX ONE will allow a USB peripheral connection for the wheel to work
This could mean that the CSW will be compatible and explains why the CSR Elite will/is discontinued
B: Fanatec will be presenting a new XBOX ONE wheel at the E3

So sadly you were right and I was completely wrong in my assumptions about this.
My guess is B will happen and we will see an evolution of XID/XInput as I still can't see them drop that communication protocol completely. If A happens I would be happy of course.

This does suck a lot for those (like you) who dropped 500 for a CSR Elite though. It makes that threshold very high to go to the next generation xbox console.
Plus the fact that it's an always online kind of machine (saw it confirmed at Kotaku via a post at wmd), and you can't play a game at a friend's house. I dunno, but it's all kind of a suicidal combination to me. And especially these last two would make it a 'hack box' as I think it will promote xbox hacking so you can play the games at friends and play games offline... Etc... Etc.

Somethings Brewing!

Just some thoughts really.

Taking stock of the situation you have to remember that really Fanatec provide two of the highest end, or expensive peripherals for the console available.

It is not their fault if the X1 has moved forward supporting the newest standard with Wi-Fi but CSR or Elite was never promised as being compatible with a future console. So personally I have no issue with it as I accepted that in the beginning. Also we know from previous talk that Microsoft insist pretty much what their controllers must have and with new buttons/features on the controllers then it is likely any new wheels will have to be compliant with this and support the new buttons etc.

3rd Party Adapters
Will 3rd party adapters appear to allow some form of workaround, well possibly but as most people will have controllers rather than wheels it is a limited volume market for disgruntled Fanatec wheel owners.
The price of the adapter may outweigh the point of buying one for joypads.

New Horizon for Forza?
Not that horizon, I refer in general, lol.
I find the move could change things as well. If they have moved to a growing industry standard in WI-FI we could see manufacturers like Logitech entering the market again or some others.

The big question is in the contract Fanatec had with T10 and how many years it was based on or if it was single release official product. Either way soon enough we will know.

Past & Future?
If the company can develop the CSR/Elite/CSW + new pedals, revised shifters and two rims between 2010-2011 or early 2012 taking into account issues they had. It is not impossible to expect they could have a new wheel series in preparation for FM5 is it?

The Competition
For the record do people here think GT6 will not have a new official wheel or T500 rim? I see the honors of that possibly going to Thrustmaster again. Likely depends on the GT situation for PS4 before we see a complete new highend wheel from Thrustmaster however.

Personally I would be totally shocked if FM5/ does not have a new wheel from some manufacturer as well though.

Last edited:
So sadly you were right and I was completely wrong in my assumptions about this.
My guess is B will happen and we will see an evolution of XID/XInput as I still can't see them drop that communication protocol completely. If A happens I would be happy of course.

This does suck a lot for those (like you) who dropped 500 for a CSR Elite though. It makes that threshold very high to go to the next generation xbox console.
Plus the fact that it's an always online kind of machine (saw it confirmed at Kotaku via a post at wmd), and you can't play a game at a friend's house. I dunno, but it's all kind of a suicidal combination to me. And especially these last two would make it a 'hack box' as I think it will promote xbox hacking so you can play the games at friends and play games offline... Etc... Etc.
It's not always online. I think you will have to activate each game online to link it with your account but then you will be able to play it without an internet connection. (I'm not absolutely sure about this. The more I read about it the more confusing it is, but I can't imagine it having to be always online. there will have to be a way to play games when your service is down.)

You can also play games at your friends house. You will just have to sign into whatever xbox live account the game is registered with.

IGN has articles explaining both of these topics.

Last edited:

This makes no sense. The amount of demand for a high end wheel targeted to potential Xbox One users doesn't justify a large amount of stock available. They wouldn't start producing a new wheel just to store them for nearly a year. Fanatec has had production issues since the Turbo S wheel this delay isn't any different.

Turn 10 has consistently shown its numbered Forza titles with triple screens and a wheel. The wheel question will be answered shortly.

XBox One less powerfull, CSR Elite not compatible, OK, MS really want me to go for PS4 :)

MS still hasn't released specs, other than the ram, that would indicate the potential of the system. There is no way to confirm it is less powerful.

Last edited:
Maybe some knows the specs... :) A lot leaks about both platforms...

This makes no sense. The amount of demand for a high end wheel targeted to potential Xbox One users doesn't justify a large amount of stock available. They wouldn't start producing a new wheel just to store them for nearly a year. Fanatec has had production issues since the Turbo S wheel this delay isn't any different.

Turn 10 has consistently shown its numbered Forza titles with triple screens and a wheel. The wheel question will be answered shortly.

MS still hasn't released specs, other than the ram, that would indicate the potential of the system. There is no way to confirm it is less powerful.

Maybe some knows the specs... :) A lot leaks about both platforms...

Leaks overall have been in the coin flip range of accuracy when it comes to the new consoles. This is opposed to Apple reveals where 90% of the details are known prior to the event. The difference being that Apple sells the product a month later because it was already in production months prior to the reveal.

In contrast, the specs of the Xbox One are likely not even final at this point. There is no rational reason to conclude that one is faster than the other at this point

Back