Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
I would bet otherwise as they have a set standard for all devices/manufacturers and products.
The announcement that X360 accessories won't be compatible means they wont be compatible, err no?

Last edited:
I would bet otherwise as they have a set standard for all devices/manufacturers and products.
The announcement that accessories wont be compatible means they wont be compatible, no?

As always, the replies MS give are fairly open-ended
The announcement was that Xbox 360 wireless accessories wouldn't work because it's a new wireless standard.
I don't necessarily read that it means 'other' USB accessories wont work. The console has standard USB sockets.
I'm sure E3 will show some official announcements for peripheral partnerships :)

As always, the replies MS give are fairly open-ended
The announcement was that Xbox 360 wireless accessories wouldn't work because it's a new wireless standard.
I don't necessarily read that it means 'other' USB accessories wont work. The console has standard USB sockets.
I'm sure E3 will show some official announcements for peripheral partnerships :)

What you fail to take on-board is that the new console has new controllers with additional new features. I would be adamant that all new controllers will have to meet the required specs including the new rumble motors.

Furthermore all accessories have to be licensed and pass Microsofts certification process.
A X360 licensed product is not an Xbox One licensed product. That is just my view on it.

To me USB with X360 accessories/wheels is not going to happen period.
I think it is wishful thinking from some of you.

What you fail to take on-board is that the new console has new controllers with additional new features. I would be adamant that all new controllers will have to meet the required specs including the new rumble motors.

Furthermore all accessories have to be licensed and pass Microsofts certification process.
A X360 licensed product is not an Xbox One licensed product. That is just my view on it.

To me USB with X360 accessories/wheels is not going to happen period.
I think it is wishful thinking from some of you.

It's not just about Xbox 360 accessories though. Something like the Elite wheel works on PS3, XB360 and PC. I just don't completely nullify the chance that MS could surprise us in some areas and until they start to show peripheral partnerships I'm more open minded about it :)

It's no different than the issues around preowned games on Xbox One. Everything that's been said is unofficial and MS have left it to the online community and media to speculate and drive themselves into a frenzy..but until they officially announce what's happening, I stay open minded about it :)

As for Microsoft certification, maybe the process and requirements will be Windows 8 based rather than xbox based? Surely these things are speculative until MS actually say otherwise. Kinect 2.0 has been confirmed for PC so it stands to reason they could close the barrier between PC and console ?

I see a simple picture, new console new opportunity for new contracts/licenses/partnerships. Do you seriously think Microsoft would just miss out on such an opportunity by allowing a simple USB cable to work on previous sold products? That I doubt is even possible within the legal wranglings of such contracts.
Nothing is pointing to the possibility of this hence my belief it will not happen.

Additionally FM5 which is a showcase title for the console is very likely to support new rumble features for engine revs, tyre slippage or brake locking. So expect new wheels to have support for this as the pad controllers have highlighted.

Console is a closed platform with set hardware requirements so no I do not see anything other than new official devices working. If I am wrong then all the Elite fans will be happy but I can see a product on the Horizon that Elite fans will want anyways.

Thomas has been too quiet for too long...
Id expect the usual pre E3 tit bit soon.

Last edited:
Nowhere does the pic of a Madcatz wheel, at T10 studios mean that it is the only wheel, or that the wheel is for FM5. This is all speculation at this point. Throughout the video we see lots of paraohernalia from past games and systems. At this point it means nothing.

Nowhere does the pic of a Madcatz wheel, at T10 studios mean that it is the only wheel, or that the wheel is for FM5. This is all speculation at this point. Throughout the video we see lots of paraohernalia from past games and systems. At this point it means nothing.

I had more time to study it and it does actually look like the current wheel with the wheel clamp used.

However why show it? Other than Madcatz are the only brand so far to announce a new partnership for "Xbox One" peripherals.

Maybe Steve is right, perhaps wheel support will work with current wheels.
I just enjoy this "silly season" and trying to put together info/things as they are shown/released and think it is a sign or tease of something new and still expect Fanatec to also have something as well.

If I had paid $500+ on a CSR elite and basically gotten 1 Forza game out of it I'd be thinking wishfully as well.

I'm sure that the XBOX ONE dev kits don't have the M$ imposed limitations the final hardware will, I bet if you looked around the developers facilities you'd see lots of original 360 accessories in use while they finalize the ONE's hardware.

Thanks for that but that model you shown is a bit different too I believe. Rim is different.
Although it does show how the shifter is removable and likely why it isn't visible.

Call me cynical, or it may just be a coincidence, but I think it's funny that the new formula rim for the CSR Elite has become available just days before the E3 showing of Forza 5 on the Xbox one.

I personally think that the game will be shown with a new Fanatec wheel, proving that the current ones will be incompatible. If this is the case, then a lot of formula rims will have been sold before many orders may have been cancelled.

I had one pre-ordered, but cancelled when the Wi-Fi direct was mentioned. I hope that there is a new Fanatec wheel, which I will buy, but I also hope that there will be a fix for fellow owners of current wheels who don't have spare cash to play with.

Call me cynical, or it may just be a coincidence, but I think it's funny that the new formula rim for the CSR Elite has become available just days before the E3 showing of Forza 5 on the Xbox one.

I still haven't got any email that my rim has been shipped. Available to who?

I personally think that the game will be shown with a new Fanatec wheel, proving that the current ones will be incompatible. If this is the case, then a lot of formula rims will have been sold before many orders may have been cancelled.

I had one pre-ordered, but cancelled when the Wi-Fi direct was mentioned. I hope that there is a new Fanatec wheel, which I will buy, but I also hope that there will be a fix for fellow owners of current wheels who don't have spare cash to play with.

I find it highly doubtful that Fanatec will introduce a new wheel/base. It would make sense to update the PCB so that current owners can update their wheels. I believe Thomas had stated they would do this in the past if necessary. Hopefully we'll find out in the next few weeks.

One thing seems pretty clear, with the new partnerships between some wheel makers and MS for the x1, the old wheels in there current state wont work. The question is if Fanatec is even getting a license. Could be a cost thing or could be an exclusive deal thing. Not sure, but if the license is some outrageous price and all fanatec is looking at is upgrading existing wheels for the most part, might not be worth the investment. Madcatz and Thrustmaster make other products besides wheels Fanatec doesnt have that to help with the costs.

http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/9547

I find it highly doubtful that Fanatec will introduce a new wheel/base. It would make sense to update the PCB so that current owners can update their wheels. I believe Thomas had stated they would do this in the past if necessary. Hopefully we'll find out in the next few weeks.
If Microsoft allows it, and it's possible, I hope Thomas does.

To be honest, it does say on their website that it is "in stock" instead of "out of stock, availability date 2013-6-30" that it did some time ago at least for europeans, not for americans.

After a long time pause of updating, I have come back! Any news from E3 regarding Fanatec I will post, so check back later in the day for Updates!

I am sure many of you guys will feel ****ed now after putting down 500 for your wheels. :(

I guess we can also claim that this is the sole reason why simulation racing will never properly get a foothold on a console. People do not wish to throw out their expensive wheels every new console. To be honest, I don't blame them.

I am sure many of you guys will feel ****ed now after putting down 500 for your wheels. :(

I guess we can also claim that this is the sole reason why simulation racing will never properly get a foothold on a console. People do not wish to throw out their expensive wheels every new console. To be honest, I don't blame them.

Nah, it also means I don't have to plunk down money on a new console. GT6 is coming for a console I already own. My CSR Elite will continue to work with my PC and PS3. Any word on USB wheel compatibility with PS4 yet?

Forza 5 will probably be awesome, and I prefer the franchise to GT, but I doubt it'll be $500 (console) + $60 (game) + $? (yet another wheel) awesome.

I'm still holding out hope for a DIY PCB replacement kit from Fanatec though.

A studio such as important as Turn 10 could have make the difference. PS4 was initially supposed to have 4 go of GDDR5. It is third party studios that push Sony to add 4Go. So it is half MS and half Turn 10...

Good post Logiforce. I agree and I really feel for you guys that already have Fanatecs. Unbelievable the crap Microsoft is pulling with this console. You guys who thought you'd be able to use your wheels on the new system unfortunately got Xboned. I don't blame you one bit if you decide to never buy a Microsoft product again.

All I can say is, there is a silver light at the end of this dark tunnel. It is called "PC" :)

Back