Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Í guess there is no reason anymore to keep the CSR Elite and i will try to sell it in the near future.

Or is there? According to this post, we should hear from Thomas on/after the E3:

It looks like Fanatec has

Submitted by jabofu on Mon, 05/27/2013 - 10:03.

It looks like Fanatec has something for us at E3.

From the xboxfront.de-forum:

Frontleader
Donnerstag, 23. Mai 2013, 19:13
'Nach der E3 gibt's Infos zu diesem Thema. Stay tuned!'"

= There will be infos about that matter (Fanatec on Xbox One) after E3..." :3www.forzalife.de

ForzaLife eure Community!

Well I'm going to mod my CSR Elite and retire it from Console service through summer. If there's a way to work it on the One and PS4 then that's great and it will see console use (Still modded) but other than that it might be PC for me.

It is fairly certain the PS4 will support current wheels. Openness is a big theme for the PS4 and it would be very obscure to block something like USB devices given this push.

I think if there was going to be an issue it would of been brought out by now. I think its a pretty safe bet that theres no worries.

So possible connectivity somehow with Xbox One?

Would be nice to know although I'm not thinking about getting the new console unless they release cheaper non camera SKU

So possible connectivity somehow with Xbox One?

Would be nice to know although I'm not thinking about getting the new console unless they release cheaper non camera SKU

The wheel used a different wireless standard so support is pretty unlikely on x1. I was at the Microsoft store event and they looked to be using standard TE fightstick for xbox 360 to play KI on a xbox one devkit. There was an employee there that said it was a special all new mad catz stick but I am fairly certain it was BS. Reason 1) was that the stick had no changes from the TE fight stick released alongside street fighter 4. 2) the stick had a ring of light that was functioning to designate player 1 and player 2 which is not on the new x1 controller because kinect looks at the player to decide who is player one or player two. So this may bring some hope for their wired peripherals but probably not wheels.

With all that said what's connects to a Dev kit is not the same as a final unit.

TE fightstick at event (Likely just a 360 stick with replaced art): http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/121...ck-tournament-edition-2-pictures-and-hands-on

Actual new Mad Catz Stick: http://www.madcatz.com/e3-2013-killer-instinct/

Í guess there is no reason anymore to keep the CSR Elite and i will try to sell it in the near future.

Or is there? According to this post, we should hear from Thomas on/after the E3:

Do we have a direct link for when I pass the info along? It would help :)

Just heard on Giant Bomb that is is very likely / very logical that ALL USB peripherals that worked on the PS3 will work on the PS4.

It is not 100% confirmed, but Scott Rhode sounded confident in his answer.

Taken from Thomas' blog:

Xbox One versus PlayStation 4

Submitted by Thomas on Wed, 06/12/2013 - 08:25.
I am currently here at E3 and a lot of things are going on. It is exciting to see a new console generation coming up.

At the moment we still did not get a final confirmation whether our Xbox 360 wheels will work on Xbox One natively (USB) or with an adaper or upgrade kit or not at all. Therefore we cannot promise you anything other than that we are trying to find a solution and if MS allows it then we would certainly support any solution which increases the compatibility of your XBox 360 wheels.

You can be sure that we are working to make our wheels compatible with the next gen consoles or develop solutions which will provide compatibility but at this point it is too early to discuss it.

In any case our wheels will work with GT6 and after playing it, I am quite excited about the improvements of the physics.

So what is your opinion?

Xbox One or PS4?

Forza Motorsport 5 or GT6?

I am currently here at E3 and a lot of things are going on. It is exciting to see a new console generation coming up.

At the moment we still did not get a final confirmation whether our Xbox 360 wheels will work on Xbox One natively (USB) or with an adaper or upgrade kit or not at all. Therefore we cannot promise you anything other than that we are trying to find a solution and if MS allows it then we would certainly support any solution which increases the compatibility of your XBox 360 wheels.

You can be sure that we are working to make our wheels compatible with the next gen consoles or develop solutions which will provide compatibility but at this point it is too early to discuss it.

In any case our wheels will work with GT6 and after playing it, I am quite excited about the improvements of the physics.

So what is your opinion?

Xbox One or PS4?

Fanatec or Thrustmaster?

...fixed it for you. No no no! Don't shot! Just kidding :sly:

Last edited:

So what is your opinion?

Xbox One or PS4?

...and wich official wheel?

Thrustmaster or Thrustmaster?

:dopey: I fixed it for you too :sly:

I feel for Thomas as I am sure he knew long ago if Thrustmaster were chosen this time as the official wheel.
Look forward to more clarification from E3 on any chance of a solution but I think the possibility is a slim one and not really in Microsofts interest or a major benefit from a commercial perspective.

The bigger issue is that what other racing games for X360 gamers looks to make good use of the Elite.
Rather bemusing if one of the primary purposes to buy the Elite to play Forza actually has Forza fans enjoying GT6 with it.

It would be however quite a feat if Thrustmaster had the official GT and Forza brand wheels at the same time even if they are split over current and new gen consoles.

On a Fanatec note look forward to the shifter and new rims.

Last edited:
Taken from Thomas' blog:

If I read that correctly, it's kinda sorta not supremely helpful as it most likely at this stage refers only to the PS3 Version of GT6. Or am I missing something?

At this point I'd rather see Fanatec getting official compatibility with PS3/PS4.
I've no interest in Forza 5 or the one.
More info on the shifter and rims would be nice

If I read that correctly, it's kinda sorta not supremely helpful as it most likely at this stage refers only to the PS3 Version of GT6. Or am I missing something?

This is typical marketing talk, to get some positive facts into this mainly negative message.

Sony has a completely different philosophy. The FF wheels which worked on PS2 also work on PS3. At this point we don't see any reason why Sony would change this policy but at the same time there is no guarantee until they make an official confirmation.

I am not objective on this matter but I am really curious how the media and community will review GT6. The interesting part is that GT6 is not a huge step above GT5 but there were plenty of PS4 and XB1 games (of course beta) which did not look much better than X360 or PS3 games. The big wow-effect we had with the last generation change is missing somehow at the moment. And we are less than 6 months away from the launch.

I would agree completely. But I think GT6 will be the game that GT5 should have been in the first place.
I'm not excited at all for next gen consoles the way I was in the past about PS3/2.
And in all honesty I can't see the point of the xbox one. A games console should be exactly that, not a social media device. MS have put me right off their products

Last edited:
I feel for you guys with an Xbox 360 wheel that may not be usable on the Xbox One - it'd be crazy of Microsoft to treat you this way. I have both a PS3 and Xbox 360 but have never been able to experience Forza with a wheel with neither my G25 or CSW being compatible.

Looking forward to running GT6 and in the future GT7 with my CSW. :-)

I believe he has already

So what is your opinion?

Xbox One or PS4?

I believe he has already

So what is your opinion?

Xbox One or PS4?

Ah yes. 911weel.de... Never mind then. Thanks :)

Well that non answer is not an answer. It does not let us know if even a new wheel will possibly be available. Even if a wheel needs to be replaced, it is better than a whole set(wheel, pedal, shifters...)

But at least no news is good news.

Thomas wants to know x1 or ps4, GT6 or forza 5, but until he has some answers about compatability I dont think anyone really knows. If your wheel doesnt work the choice is obvious, but if your wheels compatiable then you have a choice.

Thomas, thanks for the update; my comment had been tongue in cheek and no serious criticism anyway, but I had hoped that compatibility information would be available at or around E3. Now that I know which console I'm gonna buy, a wheel purchase can wait till GT6 is out or pcars and rfactor 2 are a bit more polished.

Back