Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 1,034 comments
The Oscillating can be mitigated by either turning up the NDP.
Or you can increase the INT.
And of course you can lower the in game setting for the Sensitivity.
A combination of those 3 without exaggerating only one specific of those mentioned ones is the best way to balance the overall FFB Oscillating.

If you just decide to crank up the NDP you will loose a lot of low speed tire behavior making oversteer hard to anticipate.
If you crank up INT, you will smoothen out all Effects entirely which will result in a way more realistic Steering rack behavior, though at the expanse of feeling the suspension and road effects.
Lowering The Sensitivity in game will result in a more weight shift driven FFB and slower tire response.

But as long as you keep your hands on the Wheel and not let go off, a bit of oscillating should not be an issue.

Of course if you are looking for the most authentic replication of real life Steering wheel behavior you have to put NDP very high and just lower the INT to 0.
But in that case you should also keep the overall Torque level pretty low.
3 to 5 at most on the DD+
Actually the oscillation can be quite severe at full power on some cars but yes can be mitigated which is the key word

Too much NDP or INT along w low sens just takes away useful feedback for me as need some info w/o seat of the pants from RL, its like wearing ear plugs to listen to music otherwise. And just those won’t tame oscillation enough on some cars to just hold it

I found that the FOR setting has a big impact on those cars most affected like the GR1s and VGTs. Leaving FFB at 100% and taking FOR down to 50-70 for the worst of them smoothed it out but kept steering strength.

However the road cars felt limp which still need FOR at 90 or 100. But i did find NDP 25 and INT 12 to be OK enough, raised sensitivity to 3 from 1 and came up w a compromise where I can just change 1 thing - FOR - to compensate for certain cars

Last edited:
@FMW @PirovacBoy I modified my settings to match although already in the neighborhood so it was mainly going to 100% FFB. For a lot of cars really felt nice - the Ferrari on the Tokyo Time trial for example, and it was not just adding more strength but more information in the feedback. Others especially odd tunes felt a bit off in some situations

But anything that hits over 300Kph/200mph starts to oscillate like crazy. Took a variety to Route X and its pretty consistent down the straights - varies by car somewhat so design is part of it. Its not just the VGTs but the 919 and GR010 GR1 cars which have previously been very stable. With the base cranked up w those settings it can really take your arms off with some cars🙀

Turning controller sensitivity down to 1 damps out some of it but not all - varies by car - which is interesting regarding figuring what sensitivity actually does

But looks like the issues causing the bouncing cars has a broader impact so whatever fix is coming might be disapointing

DD+ base from 455 FW2.0.1.4 and WQR from 457 FW 1.1.0.1
I have the same oscillation issue with the current settings. It’s car and track dependent from what I’ve experienced so far. Some cars exhibit it more than others and some tracks seem to affect the severeness of it. Also, before migrating to @PirovacBoy base settings, I had my DPR setting at 50 and still had massive oscillations on the straits and even at low speeds. I did have one odd thing happen recently. I raised the IN-GAME Torque to 5 from 4. I ran some laps to find I did not like the extra force, so I reverted to 4. Oddly enough, the oscillations went away going back to 4. Is this a bug? I don’t know, but the Oscillations came back last evening. As @PirovacBoy has mentioned, there are things you can do with NDP, NIN and INT to lessen the oscillation, but be careful. Rasing these settings too high introduces input lag.

If I were a betting man, I suspect the current bug with “bouncing cars” is somehow causing oscillation. I guess we’ll know for certain once a fix is released for the “bouncing car” bug. If the oscillation is drastically reduced, we’ll have our answer.

FMW
I have the same oscillation issue with the current settings. It’s car and track dependent from what I’ve experienced so far. Some cars exhibit it more than others and some tracks seem to affect the severeness of it. Also, before migrating to @PirovacBoy base settings, I had my DPR setting at 50 and still had massive oscillations on the straits and even at low speeds. I did have one odd thing happen recently. I raised the IN-GAME Torque to 5 from 4. I ran some laps to find I did not like the extra force, so I reverted to 4. Oddly enough, the oscillations went away going back to 4. Is this a bug? I don’t know, but the Oscillations came back last evening. As @PirovacBoy has mentioned, there are things you can do with NDP, NIN and INT to lessen the oscillation, but be careful. Rasing these settings too high introduces input lag.

If I were a betting man, I suspect the current bug with “bouncing cars” is somehow causing oscillation. I guess we’ll know for certain once a fix is released for the “bouncing car” bug. If the oscillation is drastically reduced, we’ll have our answer.
Agree the physics and suspension interaction w road surface is the cause. try FOR reduction, not upping NDP INT too much

Be careful with ingame sensitivity because it increases oscillations at high speed, i keep mine at 1.
Same here, I find I sense tyre grip better at 1 and get faster times, through being able to control understeer quicker. The higher sensitivity I loose feel of the grip, to have more of a dull weight.

Never even knew you. I'm thinking if Fanatec goes under, that pd may not even feel the need to implement it.
I don’t think they’ll go away. From last may, when i first got a dd pro it seemed as if they had a nasty dudebro infection. This became more likely as things played out. Ive seen companies fail, because of normal reasons, and corrupt ones. This has always felt like the latter. (I know nothing, just fun tin foil hat theory)

That said, it seems as if sony has gone out of their way over the past7-8 months to not support the dd+ properly. Despite naming it as the official wheel. Still waiting for a good reason for that. Apart from the whole pd-fanatec spat regarding ffb on the dd pro, which is fairly apparent if your bored enough to read through the while dd pro thread on the fanatec boards.

The optimist in me, would like to believe pd wanted to implement the new physics etc first. As they really have been a wonderful upgrade to the driving experience, then layer on full force on top. And the problems this week for the logitech wheels stem from them trying to find the right settings(volume?)for these subsequent ffb enhancements.

I can dream, right..lol

I don’t think they’ll go away. From last may, when i first got a dd pro it seemed as if they had a nasty dudebro infection. This became more likely as things played out. Ive seen companies fail, because of normal reasons, and corrupt ones. This has always felt like the latter. (I know nothing, just fun tin foil hat theory)

That said, it seems as if sony has gone out of their way over the past7-8 months to not support the dd+ properly. Despite naming it as the official wheel. Still waiting for a good reason for that. Apart from the whole pd-fanatec spat regarding ffb on the dd pro, which is fairly apparent if your bored enough to read through the while dd pro thread on the fanatec boards.

The optimist in me, would like to believe pd wanted to implement the new physics etc first. As they really have been a wonderful upgrade to the driving experience, then layer on full force on top. And the problems this week for the logitech wheels stem from them trying to find the right settings(volume?)for these subsequent ffb enhancements.

I can dream, right..lol
Can't say I'm bored, but I'm definitely willing to read through the thread. Always like to keep up with what's going on.

Can't say I'm bored, but I'm definitely willing to read through the thread. Always like to keep up with what's going on.
It was an interesting read. You have to be able to read between the lines..but not that much. It gets pretty obvious towards the middle of the thread.

This is what you Guys should use

Big shout out @Jordan

I watched your most recent YouTube Video and couldn't feel more honored being mentioned 👍

Only change I've made is
NDP 28
Torque 5
Sensitivity 8

Anyone on a DD+ is highly recommended to use THESE EXACT settings.

Would these settings be applicable to the DD GT Pro 8nm? 👀

Does this mean Thomas Jackermeier's investment group now has a chance with their proposal? IDK, I'm not a youtuber.

That guy is a shady clickbaiter. I think he's still pissed they never gave him a free wheel.
Kireth's YouTube channel as it relates to Fanatec has been complete shady click bait since the beginning of the year. My goodness, just look at the thumbnail. It screams "click bait". No they are not closed. They filed for insolvency. Operations continue as does support, though we all know it's very slow at the moment. Sigh... While he does state true things in his videos, it's filled with hyperbolic statements backed up with gas lighting. "I'm just hear to tell you, my fans, the truth". How about just report the news and keep the "hyperbolicisms" down to a complete minimum.

Latest Posts

Back