Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,355 comments
Thanks for the info - guess I will need to price up some options. Is this the McLaren wheel you suggested, as it looks like its for xbox but I could be mistaken?

If I wanted a round wheel thats works with PS5 / GT7 - which would you suggest?
The McLaren works on PlayStation and XBOX. The PS compatibility chip is in the wheelbase and for XBOX it's in the wheel.

No idea for a round wheel I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info - guess I will need to price up some options. Is this the McLaren wheel you suggested, as it looks like its for xbox but I could be mistaken?

If I wanted a round wheel thats works with PS5 / GT7 - which would you suggest?
I have the WRC wheel and it works great!

Is this the one?

I am half tempted to get both wheels - the WRC and the McLaren GT3
If it helps functionality wise the toggle switches on the McLaren work the MFD in GT7 and the analogue paddles can be used to look left & right. Unfortunately the rotary encoders aren't supported by the game, should you play ACC though everything works/can be assigned.

If I order the Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro 8nm bundle, is it recommended to replace the QR1 Light with the metal QR1 adapter in the link below?
It's not essential but a nice to have. Personally, at this point in time I'd hold onto the cash and wait for the QR2 system to come out. 8nm shouldn't trouble the QR Lite unless you're really aggressive with your wheel or you tighten it badly.

I will probably upgrade to the v3 pedals and get a better steering wheel later on - what steering wheel would you suggest - mainly play GT7 on PS5?
Round wheel: CSL Elite WRC

Race wheel: CSL Elite McLaren GT3

Side-note, get either of those and if you ever decide to play on Xbox, your entire rig is compatible for free. It's what I use on mine (Xbox player).

Sim_Rig_2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if I can use my Thrustmaster TLCM with the DD Pro using a hub? Does it work fine or not?

QR2 - is there any info on release yet? I do wonder if they will also release a new base unit with more NM to compete with logi g pro 11nm - for console players - but that may be some time off. I know they have the dd 1/2 already though so who knows what they will do...
Still no release date for QR2. Been talked about for nearly two years now, won't be cheap I imagine and it looks like you'll need a new shaft to be able to use it.

And to respond to an earlier post I've not been heavy handed with my wheels nor over tightened the Lites yet they both started slipping, poor design imho.

Last edited:
Weight is generally the enemy when it comes to lower-powered FFB - with wheel diameter also having an influence, but to a lesser extent. In addition to cutting costs, I firmly believe this is why Fanatec spec’d a smaller diameter and lighter wheel for their DD Pro. I also used the McLaren rim on my CSL elite and DD Pro, and although it did nerf the FFB slightly in Gran Turismo, the trade off for a bettter wheel made it a wash.

I run the Porsche Rim and advanced button/pedal module on my DD1 (the Porsche rim and the CS rim are pretty similar in weight). But I’m not sure I would run it even on a DD Pro. It’s pretty heavy when compared to other rims.

Yes, the CS RS looks a good option compared to WRC with metal QR1. With its 320mm diameter - will this weaken the FFB feeling? Does anyone know if this is a good option for GT7 on PS5?

As my second wheel - I am torn between these two - any feedback welcome:

Not sure if the 270mm will be to small --
Haven't used a Formula wheel but I've seen people say it can become uncomfortable due to the smaller size. I play for hours sometimes with the McL and it's very comfortable.

The CS rim is about .5Kg less then the Porsche/PBME rim, which I have, so a fair bit lighter. I run the Porsche rim on the DDpro and works fine for GT7 - I don’t find the slight impact on FFB to be a big issue for me, but that depends on how much arm wrestling you prefer. I‘m running in game at 4 and find it‘s pretty representive of steering feel for most cars. I also have the Formula V2 wheel - its a bit small but I like the control layout for F1.

The CS rim is about .5Kg less then the Porsche/PBME rim, which I have, so a fair bit lighter. I run the Porsche rim on the DDpro and works fine for GT7 - I don’t find the slight impact on FFB to be a big issue for me, but that depends on how much arm wrestling you prefer. I‘m running in game at 4 and find it‘s pretty representive of steering feel for most cars. I also have the Formula V2 wheel - its a bit small but I like the control layout for F1.
Yeah, I guess it depends on how much torque you like. I run my DD Pro absolutely maxed out, because I wanted all the detail I could get. But if you’re not the kind that needs max FFB strength, then absolutely. You can always use the spare overhead torque to compensate for the loss in detail

——> Which led me to eventually getting a DD1, which I also run maxed out. Because, well…. It’s fun 😂

Hey Guys I hope someone can help me.
Here’s my Story.
Today I was playing GT7 as usual.
Everything fine as usual.
I turned everything off and went out.
Came back home fired up my PS5 and my DD Pro.
And out of nowhere my Load Cell Pedal doesn’t recognize my Inputs as it should.
I always use BRF 70 but suddenly I can’t get more than 30% braking input.
I lowered the BRF to 20 ~ 25 to get an somewhat same brake Pedal feel.

Question, what happened?

I disconnected and connected everything run the Fanatec Software on PC to check and same issue here.
With BRF on 70 like I was used to have it, I can barely get more then 30% input recognized.
Does anyone know what might have happened suddenly and how to fix it…
I have absolutely no clue.

Hey Guys I hope someone can help me.
Here’s my Story.
Today I was playing GT7 as usual.
Everything fine as usual.
I turned everything off and went out.
Came back home fired up my PS5 and my DD Pro.
And out of nowhere my Load Cell Pedal doesn’t recognize my Inputs as it should.
I always use BRF 70 but suddenly I can’t get more than 30% braking input.
I lowered the BRF to 20 ~ 25 to get an somewhat same brake Pedal feel.

Question, what happened?

I disconnected and connected everything run the Fanatec Software on PC to check and same issue here.
With BRF on 70 like I was used to have it, I can barely get more then 30% input recognized.
Does anyone know what might have happened suddenly and how to fix it…
I have absolutely no clue.
Try to Reset Automatic Calibration.

So a thing happened and I got a GT DD Pro for my birthday. It’s the standard one with 5NM and no load cell. Currently I use a G29 with a Ricmotech load cell.

I did not have the load cell upgrade on my wishlist but I did have the CSL Elite V2 pedals, which I didn’t get.

Before I rush out and get the V2 pedals I want to ensure that it would not be better getting the regular load cell upgrade and the 8NM supply instead.

The wheel is to go on a flimsy Play seat Challenge so I’m not sure the 8NM supply is worth it until I can upgrade the cockpit. Also braking and acceleration is 1/2 the driving so it’s worth spending more on the enhanced V2 pedals right?

Latest Posts

Back