Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,355 comments
After having gotten fed up with the FFB in GT7 I decided to just start from scratch and not use any recommended settings as a base. After a few tweaks and lots of testing I've finally found settings that have really brought back my enjoyment of the game. The steering now feels tight and direct to me with better control when the back tries to step out and I'm sure I can feel the back end start to move around under heaving breaking. All in all it's made me faster than before. You may think I've gone mad with the NDP settings but give them a try and, hopefully, thank me later 😉🤣.

SEN car dependent.
FFB 100
PEAK
NDP 5
NFR 10
NIN OFF
INT OFF
FEI 100
FOR 110
SPR OFF
DPR OFF

In game using 5 & 5.
I know it's been 3 months since you posted this, but I've only just found it and it made a MASSIVE difference!!

I recently switched from G29 to the DD Pro with 8nm boost (forgot to order load cell) around 3 weeks ago.

I was already "quite" competitive on Sport Mode and Time Trials. Nothing too impressive but was winning a few races and getting golds and setting decent qualy laps.

Since the Fanatec upgrade, I've shaved off around 0.7s a lap (on average) when compared to my previous PB's. I even went and retried some Circuit Experiences, which I already have all in gold, and confirmed this average improvement.

However... I've had this one thing happen, regardless what setup I tried. A weird "wheel hop" or sudden loss of force in tight, high speed corners. Then I found this post and well... Just wow!

As a base, on previous setting, after 5 laps, my best time in the current Watkins Glen time trial was a 1;56:3. I changed the settings to what you posted - the hopping stopped and within just one lap (and with some mistakes from my end) I'm in the current top 500 times with a 1:55:6 🙂

And I can for sure go much faster. Big, big THANK YOU for sharing your setup, kind Sir! 🎉👊🏻

* UPDATE*

Just to add, 13 miles of practice later, shaved off another 0.4s and I'm in the Top 1.7% now 🤣

Attachments

• 188becd278d94-screenshotUrl.jpg
    188becd278d94-screenshotUrl.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
SEN car dependent.
FFB 100
PEAK
NDP 5
NFR 10
NIN OFF
INT OFF
FEI 100
FOR 110
SPR OFF
DPR OFF

In game using 5 & 5
I just want to ask. Does the wheel oscillate at high speed, if you release it with these settings for the base and in-game?

Last edited:
I just want to ask. Does the wheel oscillate at high speed, if you release it with these settings for the base and in-game?
To be honest never was inclined to let go mid-corner, I'm kind of attached to my fingers as they've been with me since I was born 🤣

But on a serious note, I do feel a slight jolt when I loosen my grip, but nothing too heavy.

I've (hopefully) resolved my missing quick release adapter issue via Fanatec's Live Chat, one will be sent via UPS express.

For anyone who does need to use their Live Chat service it can be a bit frustrating. It usually times out very quickly telling you no one's available, even when I was 1st in the queue. To make it worse you lose your typed message, so keep a copy of that somewhere offline so you can cut and paste it back into the chat box. Then just keep trying, eventually you'll get connected.

It'll oscillate if you let go of the wheel at speed, but why would you?
Just asking. Recently we tried to tune the DD Pro base of a friend of mine. While oscillations have never been a problem in GT7, even for entry lvl wheels, you can have problems with them on long straights and in high speed corner entry, even holding the wheel, for example - ACC on PS5 and the Porsche 911 R II GT3 - (a car that wants to rotate alot) on Paul Ricard. Anyway, thanks for the answer.
To be honest never was inclined to let go mid-corner, I'm kind of attached to my fingers as they've been with me since I was born 🤣

But on a serious note, I do feel a slight jolt when I loosen my grip, but nothing too heavy.
As I mentioned, this happens mainly in long high speed straights and high speed corner entry. BTW, I got your point✌️.

Last edited:
I've been playing around with the FFB sensitivity setting and like how it feels on 5, just a personal preference.
Just out of curiosity, what sort of changes were you noticing? Tried it a bit and didn’t really feel much in it. Wondering about how sensitivity works here as in some other games, its more of a steeper slope/amplifier type effect, but not really seeing that here

Just out of curiosity, what sort of changes were you noticing? Tried it a bit and didn’t really feel much in it. Wondering about how sensitivity works here as in some other games, its more of a steeper slope/amplifier type effect, but not really seeing that here
I haven't played much lately but it feels like there's a bit more detail from the road surface. Might just be in my head but bumps seem to be more noticeable.

Finally got my missing QR1 Adapter so up and running now. I'm using the Formula V2.5 wheel, and my first problem in on the Tsukubu time challenge the crossed arm steering on the hairpins is killing my wrists. The obvious fix would seem to be changing the SEN to reduce the required input, but all the recommendation suggest leaving it on Auto, trying it on 180 does seem to make the feedback a bit manic.
So how do you deal with the crossed arm input on hairpins, do I just need to get used to this or is there a good configuration option to improve this?

Finally got my missing QR1 Adapter so up and running now. I'm using the Formula V2.5 wheel, and my first problem in on the Tsukubu time challenge the crossed arm steering on the hairpins is killing my wrists. The obvious fix would seem to be changing the SEN to reduce the required input, but all the recommendation suggest leaving it on Auto, trying it on 180 does seem to make the feedback a bit manic.
So how do you deal with the crossed arm input on hairpins, do I just need to get used to this or is there a good configuration option to improve this?
I don't use SEN Auto any more as when I played it again recently it felt like the game required more steering input than usual. I mostly race GR3 & 4s and leave it on 640 now as it's the same ratio I use on the Aston in ACC. Still have to cross hands sometimes but it's not too bad.

Last edited:
Got a CSL DD Bundle a few days ago, Go to play Raceroom today and after 3 laps of Imola my wheel shutdown and I can smell something is hot inside and it shut down. Hot at the back of the Base, Seems like a real bad choice and going by all the reports of getting it rma being a hassle, thankfully I got my t300rs for backup, So disappointed

Got a CSL DD Bundle a few days ago, Go to play Raceroom today and after 3 laps of Imola my wheel shutdown and I can smell something is hot inside and it shut down. Hot at the back of the Base, Seems like a real bad choice and going by all the reports of getting it rma being a hassle, thankfully I got my t300rs for backup, So disappointed
I've had mine for over a year now without issue as have many others, unfortunately failures do happen but get in touch with Fanatec and they will help. Don't believe all the horror stories you see about customer support.

I've had mine for over a year now without issue as have many others, unfortunately failures do happen but get in touch with Fanatec and they will help. Don't believe all the horror stories you see about customer support.
Can second the confirmation that the hardware I’ve had and use daily sometimes for 3 hours as the longest in a single sitting has not had any issues since GT7 launched over a year ago.

And despite the rumors about it, I had no issues getting parts not shipped with a pedal damper kit from Fanatec support, they were professional and courteous.

As a small company I personally think they do a wonderful job in maintaining global customer service competing with large corporations like Logitech and maintaining their own.

I think I should only race on Mondays and Tuesdays. That is the only time I do well. Later in the week and the weekend can be bad..

View attachment 1268062

After saying I was going to quit last night after being in a bad mood I tried again today. Lobbies now B/S but my QT was down the grid. First B I was in 6th half-way through the last lap when P7 took me out and then that led to me dropping further. Not a great start but I felt competitive so I stuck with it. Next race I came across @GrumpyOldMan in the same race. First time! I said Hi in chat but I don't think you noticed. That race was better, even though a low QT again and I finished 7th.

Those last two races had some knocks though and it dropped my SR to A. That started a death spiral as now I was being paired with SR A and SR B drivers while still having a QT at the back of the field. The next races were rough dropping my SR even more to a B yet I kept at it thinking my drop in DR would put me in easier lobbies were my QT would be better. Nope. Still stayed around 13th/14th and when by myself drove just fine. When I caught up with cars in front and got slowed, unable to pass due to rough driving I inevitably was then hit and taken out by the car behind. Catalunya is rapidly becoming one of my least favorite tracks..

Realizing that a sign or madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I quit and when to race C. Suzuka is rapidly becoming one of my favorite tracks but that is then next post...
Did you mean to post this in this thread?

So I ordered the Fanatec DD Pro for GT7 yesterday and I’m trying to figure out what else I need to buy. I’m probably going to get the Simlab GT1 Evo rig and I’m wondering if I could use this TK Racing Pista seat since it’s at the same local store as the GT1:

I’m not sure what else I need, but from what I’ve read I think I will need one of these to mount the seat:

Does this seem right? I don’t need a monitor stand as I have a height adjustable desk that I’m going to put the monitor on and I mostly play GT7 in VR anyway. I’ll probably get a shifter later but not right away. Thanks for any advice!

I was running 450 and have installed 451 but no changes in the motor/base firmware. Seems to just be control panel fixes/updates etc.
I didn't know there was a update. Is it just the base update or pedals firmware update to.

I didn't know there was a update. Is it just the base update or pedals firmware update to.
450 updated the base & motor firmware for the DD Pro and others, also updates for wheels. No changes to any of them in 451 but if you're on anything older than 450 or use the control panel and tray app on PC it's probably worth updating to the new one.

I just pulled the trigger on the 8NM ready2race bundle for PC. $717 CAD including shipping to my door is a pretty good deal. I'll upgrade the wheel and pedals down the line but this is more than enough for me for the time being. I'm so glad to finally to be moving on from my G29, but I'll keep it as a back up just in case.

Last edited:
450 updated the base & motor firmware for the DD Pro and others, also updates for wheels. No changes to any of them in 451 but if you're on anything older than 450 or use the control panel and tray app on PC it's probably worth updating to the new one.

I just noticed in fanalab it gives a NM readout based on your settings. Think it appeared under FEI, but can’t recall atm.

Thanks. I updated my wheel.

If I order the Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro 8nm bundle, is it recommended to replace the QR1 Light with the metal QR1 adapter in the link below?

I will probably upgrade to the v3 pedals and get a better steering wheel later on - what steering wheel would you suggest - mainly play GT7 on PS5?
If you can afford the extra deffo get the QR1, both my Lites have slipped and I ended up buying a QR1. As for wheels I got the McLaren about a year ago and it's the only one I use for GT7 & ACC.
I also suggest having a look at the Elite V2 pedals, probably a better choice now than the V3's. Or save more money and just add the load cell to the CSL pedals.
Also have you considered just buying the 8Nm DD Pro wheelbase on it's own then adding wheel & pedals of choice?

Last edited:
Back