Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,355 comments
So a thing happened and I got a GT DD Pro for my birthday. It’s the standard one with 5NM and no load cell. Currently I use a G29 with a Ricmotech load cell.

I did not have the load cell upgrade on my wishlist but I did have the CSL Elite V2 pedals, which I didn’t get.

Before I rush out and get the V2 pedals I want to ensure that it would not be better getting the regular load cell upgrade and the 8NM supply instead.

The wheel is to go on a flimsy Play seat Challenge so I’m not sure the 8NM supply is worth it until I can upgrade the cockpit. Also braking and acceleration is 1/2 the driving so it’s worth spending more on the enhanced V2 pedals right?
My regret is not getting good pedals. Went lode cell here and mine is very stiff. 1~” travel kinds of stiff. Ive been messing with it since its arrived and still can’t find consistency.

My regret is not getting good pedals. Went lode cell here and mine is very stiff. 1~” travel kinds of stiff. Ive been messing with it since its arrived and still can’t find consistency.
I struggled with mine at first and bought some of the 3Drap elastomers. They were good for a while but started to feel too soft, and maybe my leg got a bit stronger, so I went back the Fanatec originals. I've been using them a long time now and they've softened a little, I also have a GT Omega Lite rig now and am happily using 90% BRF. I find the higher BRF gives me better control over trail braking.
You need to stick with them until you get some muscle memory.

If I was buying now I'd go for the V2s but I'm happy with how the CSLs feel now I've added an R/C damper to the throttle pedal to increase the resistance.

Last edited:
I struggled with mine at first and bought some of the 3Drap elastomers. They were good for a while but started to feel too soft, and maybe my leg got a bit stronger, so I went back the Fanatec originals. I've been using them a long time now and they've softened a little, I also have a GT Omega Lite rig now and am happily using 90% BRF. I find the higher BRF gives me better control over trail braking.
You need to stick with them until you get some muscle memory.

If I was buying now I'd go for the V2s but I'm happy with how the CSLs feel now I've added an R/C damper to the throttle pedal to increase the resistance.
I think my lode cell was part of a lot which was a correction from the initial lode cells which seemed to have a lot of play. The things a rock lol. I also swapped the brake pedal for the accelerator to give it some life. Definitely helped. Im sure part of my issue is using a next level lite stand. I should probably find some sort of rig. But space near the ps5 is tight. Sometimes trying to be cost effective isn’t so effective. 5 weeks in and i stare at rigs and pedals lol.

Pedals > boost kit.

FWIW, I have my dd pro 8nm mounted to a playseat challenge. It flexes, but it does the job just fine. Plenty of videos out there in ways to reinforce the cockpit too
Did you end up drilling holes in the wheel plate for the Fanatec base mounting bolts? I found I cannot attach my wheel to my Playseat at the moment for the reach I want. Only the center hole works but with the wheel too close to me.
Sometimes trying to be cost effective isn’t so effective. 5 weeks in and i stare at rigs and pedals lol.
LOL. Yes it's a slippery slope. I got my G29 in January not knowing if GT7 would become a "thing" for me along with a Playseat Challenge as the most cost effective initial rig. Then down the road I upgraded the brake to a load-cell. Now I'm replacing all that with the GT DD Pro and (soon to me) new pedal set. I'll probably get the shifter and hand brake down the road but before that I'll need a new rig to hold it all..

My wife is already rolling her eyes. :D

Last edited:
I think my lode cell was part of a lot which was a correction from the initial lode cells which seemed to have a lot of play. The things a rock lol. I also swapped the brake pedal for the accelerator to give it some life. Definitely helped. Im sure part of my issue is using a next level lite stand. I should probably find some sort of rig. But space near the ps5 is tight. Sometimes trying to be cost effective isn’t so effective. 5 weeks in and i stare at rigs and pedals lol.
I've had mine for a year and it was stiff as when I first got it. I was originally using it on a modified Playseat Challenge but had to use a lower BRF and it wasn't great.
Did you end up drilling holes in the wheel plate for the Fanatec base mounting bolts? I found I cannot attach my wheel to my Playseat at the moment for the reach I want. Only the center hole works but with the wheel too close to me.
I moved the mounting plate back as far as it would go and drilled new holes up the centre line. With those and the original outer ones there was enough adjustment for me and it was securely attached.

Attachments

• PS.jpg
    PS.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
What would be the best GT DD PRO (8nm) settings for GT7 & ACC on PS5, based on the current firmware / GT7 & ACC patch levels - I will be using with McL v2 and the Clubsport RS wheels and the Elite V2 pedals

I would like the FFB to be as strong as possible and dial back if needed.

Thanks
Have a look at my signature, I've linked my current settings in that. I'm in the middle of redoing the ACC ones due to physics changes from the recent 1.9 update.

Last edited:
Why do they send everything separately?

I ordered the 8mn bundle and it’s separated into 3 packages, I will have to pay taxes and customs fees on all 3. It’s not looking like ill get them all on the same day too, which annoys me the most.

Last edited:
Why do they send everything separately?

I ordered the 8mn bundle and it’s separated into 3 packages, I will have to pay taxes and customs fees on all 3. It’s not looking like ill get them all on the same day too, which annoys me the most.
No you don't, you pay tax & customs on the total value not each item.

No you don't, you pay tax & customs on the total value not each item.
Canada post says I owe $30.62 on the first package and $23.73 on the second one. They haven't given me a price on third one yet so I'm assuming it's still stuck in customs.

Is that a Canadian thing then? In the UK it's calculated on the total order price regardless of how many packages in it.
Have you worked out how much tax you should be paying on the whole order?

Have a look at my signature, I've linked my current settings in that. I'm in the middle of redoing the ACC ones due to physics changes from the recent 1.9 update.
Is that still current? The linked post is from February but I see you have posted changed settings since then. Have you been updating that post given the latest physics and patch changes?

I got my 8nm PC bundle today. It’s obviously a big step up from my old G29 but there has been some growing pains with my Playseat Challenge.

The velcro strap I was using for my G29 pedals wasn’t going to work, so I tried to ratchet strap them on but the only ones I had were way too long. I ended up just tie wrapping the **** out of it for now. It seems to work fine.

I also had to take the plate off the top and move it farther back for the wheel base or else the wheel was going to be way too close to my chest. But it feels pretty sturdy overall so far.

Assigning all the buttons for F1 23 is a huge pain right now since I’m so used to the PS/Xbox button layout. iRacing was pretty easy.

Not a fan of brake but I’m going to upgrade to the load cell kit anyway. I don’t think I’ll ever be truly happy with my setup, there’s always something else I want.

It cost around $770 cad total to get it from Fanatec in California to my door in North Eastern Ontario and it took about 2 weeks, just incase any other Canadians are curious.

Last edited:
I got my 8nm bundle today. It’s obviously a big step up from my old G29 but there has been some growing pains with my Playseat Challenge.

The velcro strap I was using for my G29 pedals wasn’t going to work, so I tried to ratchet strap them on but the only ones I had were way too long. I ended up just tie wrapping the **** out of it for now. It seems to work fine.

I also had to take the plate off the top and move it farther back for the wheel base or else the wheel was going to be way too close to my chest. But it feels pretty sturdy overall so far.

Not a fan of brake but I’m going to upgrade to the load cell kit anyway. I don’t think I’ll ever be truly happy with my setup, there’s always something else I want.

For the pedals on my Playseat I moved the brake inboard one and then I used the strap at the back but more importantly I used zip ties (4 in total) around the end of each pedal base (front and back) onto the play seat frame. After that they're not moving. I have been presently surprised at the pedals but I have the Elite V2 turning up this week to replace them.

For the wheel base I turned it 180 degrees and move it back. So far in one week it has been holding up well but I only use 5NM.

Odd question, what do you wear on your feet when racing? When my new kit arrived it was a bit of heatwave here in London, so I raced barefoot no problem. Now it's a bit cooler I've put my socks back on, and pedals feel a little slippy, so gone back to barefoot. I think I'm going to have get some of those slipper socks for the cooler weather.

I have enough tie wraps, duct tape, ratchet straps and cinder blocks around here to make it more sturdy, lol. My next big upgrade will definitely be a new cockpit setup.

Odd question, what do you wear on your feet when racing? When my new kit arrived it was a bit of heatwave here in London, so I raced barefoot no problem. Now it's a bit cooler I've put my socks back on, and pedals feel a little slippy, so gone back to barefoot. I think I'm going to have get some of those slipper socks for the cooler weather.

I've been using socks for years, but I may try some $20 water shoes from Walmart or whatever because socks on these pedals feels slippery.

Last edited:
TBH I treated myself to a pair of these for Christmas, probably overkill but they're really comfortable and grip the pedals well.

Non slip/grip socks work fine... and they're reasonably cheap 👍

I've been using these. Worked well so far.

Thanks, looks like slipper socks it is. I do have a pair of karting boots at here, but they're rather mucky and greasy from actual racing, so not going to wear those around the house.

image_2023-07-18_093619653.png

An old tatty pair of trainers I was using to drive my actual cars. They are now used exclusively for the Sim setup. Barefoot feels wrong, it doesnt feel natural.

Recently I had a friend over who never raced before. With VR, it seemed a bit like he was pulling/pushing my DD pro a lot. Not properly usage.

A day later while the wheel is off I just spinned it for fun and realized it is not turning perfectly smooth, a bit wobbling. Is that normal? If anyone could just give your wheel a spin while its off and observe it, it would be of great help. After removing it from the wheel base and putting it back, the effect got even worse.

While playing the wheel is working fine.

Thx

Recently I had a friend over who never raced before. With VR, it seemed a bit like he was pulling/pushing my DD pro a lot. Not properly usage.

A day later while the wheel is off I just spinned it for fun and realized it is not turning perfectly smooth, a bit wobbling. Is that normal? If anyone could just give your wheel a spin while its off and observe it, it would be of great help. After removing it from the wheel base and putting it back, the effect got even worse.

While playing the wheel is working fine.

Thx
If you mean the ”notchy” feeling you get when the wheel is off, it is normal.
It should ( as you said) go away when you turn on the wheel.
It is the magnets inside the DD wheel.

If you mean the ”notchy” feeling you get when the wheel is off, it is normal.
It should ( as you said) go away when you turn on the wheel.
It is the magnets inside the DD wheel.
I meant it doesn’t turn perfectly round. Just spin it and look at it from the front without touching. Hard to describe it in English for me, its lingering kind of (or in German: das Rad eiert :) ). It does not turn in a perfect circle, to exaggerate a bit rather like an egg/oval

Last edited:
I meant it doesn’t turn perfectly round. Just spin it and look at it from the front without touching. Hard to describe it in English for me, its lingering kind of (or in German: das Rad eiert :) ). It does not turn in a perfect circle, to exaggerate a bit rather like an egg/oval
The wheel is probably off centre because the shaft isn't central in the wheelbase. If you've noticed it worse than before then it does sound if your friend was pulling on the wheel.
Mine was misaligned but it's an easy fix, you'll ideally need a torque wrench to do it properly. Remove the wheel then loosen the c clamp on the shaft, reseat the shaft as central as possible and tighten the clamp a little to hold it then spin the shaft and see if the wobble has gone. You'll eventually get it fully centred, then tighten the clamp to 15Nm to finish.
Video below on how to align the clamp etc correctly.

Last edited:
It could be that the shaft/steering column is a little out of alignment so remove and reseat it. Edit, just noticed the above post - so do what it says.

However it could also just be that this is the shape of your wheel. Whilst wheels are symmetrical left to right, some wheels - even apparently "round" ones - are not symmetrical from top to bottom so they look like they wobble when you spin them.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back