Fanatec Reveals Direct Drive ClubSport DD and DD+ Wheel Bases: Available to Pre-Order Now

• Thread starter Famine
  • 514 comments

Somewhere in there (sorry I didn’t have the foresight/don’t have the patience to look up the timestamp) it’s mentioned and shown they now have Sony approval for mid February. It makes sense and is prudent to maintain current availability preordered for 2/28/2024 as is currently with that new info for the CS DD+.

I’m expecting a blog update soon

Last edited:

Somewhere in there (sorry I didn’t have the foresight/don’t have the patience to look up the timestamp) it’s mentioned and shown they now have Sony approval for mid February. It makes sense and is prudent to maintain current availability preordered for 2/28/2024 as is currently with that new info for the CS DD+.

I’m expecting a blog update soon

Here's a Reddit thread with a source and some additional info: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fanatec/s/rUa87gw61X

Dear sim racer,

We are thrilled to say that the ClubSport DD+ has begun shipping to customers! It took a little longer than expected, but final clearance from Sony is complete.

Please note:
Our warehouse will begin processing shipments in the order in which they were received. Depending on the batch your pre-order was assigned to, your order may have a different availability date. This date should be visible in your Fanatec account.
For technical reasons it is not possible to do partial shipments. If your order contains a product with a later availability date, the entire order will be on hold until that date.
If your order requires customs documentation, processing may require several additional business days.

We apologise for the postponement – while much of the situation was out of our control, our original estimated availability date was too optimistic. We always try to be as realistic as possible with our preorder dates, but there is room for improvement.

Thank you very much for your patience; we are sure the ClubSport DD+ is worth the wait! Happy sim racing!

Team Fanatec

This was immediately followed by a notification that my order is being processed

its-happening.gif

Interview with the Fanatec CEO where he talks (among other things) about the DD+ issues.

In this interview he specifically spoke about how annoying it is to release new improved products immediately after a recent release, as his excuse for listing the DD+ at the same time as the DD...
Well... today they released the Extreme bundle with the brand new GT wheel. Right after all of our orders have been processed over the past 2-3 days.

I'm not sure I would have done it differently, but I hate hypocrisy and lies.

Looking forward to hearing any impressions if/when you have time!

Congrats on getting the new wheel man. Can't wait to hear how you like it. I might consider getting one down the line.
I haven't been able to do a full proper test yet (need to move some hardware around for that), but did try some sims that I don't drive that often (AC and ACC).

Coming from a T300, it's a clear step up (obviously)
It's very strong, very smooth and detailed in the FFB, and completely quiet.

I need to get used to my entire new rig still, so I'm a bit distracted by the switch to a load cell brake 😅

I should have more time over the weekend to really get everything set up and try some sims I'm a bit more familiar with.

In this interview he specifically spoke about how annoying it is to release new improved products immediately after a recent release, as his excuse for listing the DD+ at the same time as the DD...
Well... today they released the Extreme bundle with the brand new GT wheel. Right after all of our orders have been processed over the past 2-3 days.

I'm not sure I would have done it differently, but I hate hypocrisy and lies.
I watched that interview and as a Thrustmaster user thinking of moving to Fanatec it completely put me off for now, that guy had incompetence and b*****it seeping out of him.

Received mine today, installed it on the rig and had a quick drive in GT7 for a few laps. First impression: on the same FFB settings, it feels very similar to DD Pro, except that it could be stronger; 15Nm makes a real workout, I think it’s noticeably stronger than rental karts.

Received mine today, installed it on the rig and had a quick drive in GT7 for a few laps. First impression: on the same FFB settings, it feels very similar to DD Pro, except that it could be stronger; 15Nm makes a real workout, I think it’s noticeably stronger than rental karts.
Did you update firmware?
Or just hop in?

I kinda want to punt on firmware until 456

I updated to firmware 455
455 is the current driver version. It appears the current firmware version for the DD+ is 2.0.1.4. I'm not going anywhere near 455, as there has been reports of numerous issues (not necessarily the DD+). As far as firmware is concerned, you better have a good reason to update it, as it's a good way to brick your base.

455 is the current driver version. It appears the current firmware version for the DD+ is 2.0.1.4. I'm not going anywhere near 455, as there has been reports of numerous issues (not necessarily the DD+). As far as firmware is concerned, you better have a good reason to update it, as it's a good way to brick your base.
Pretty much this. I was planning on swapping it into the rig and not touching anything until at least a month or two after 456 is out. Exception being, if Full Force is implemented, and needs and update for gt7

eta: man..that fanatec warehouse is rough(US one). My product has been handed over to them for two days now.

Less chat, more splat gents!
/twitch

Last edited:
Pretty much this. I was planning on swapping it into the rig and not touching anything until at least a month or two after 456 is out. Exception being, if Full Force is implemented, and needs and update for gt7

eta: man..that fanatec warehouse is rough(US one). My product has been handed over to them for two days now.

/twitch
No movement yet on my part either. Checking constantly for a tracking number. The U.S. location has recently moved from California to Texas (smart move on Fanatics part), so I don't know if that will create any delay.

Got my GT DD Extreme today (Germany). But I only got the confirmation that it was shipped this morning - at that time it was already long on the way.
The tracking mail was triggered by UPS updating the status when it was put into the delivery truck and not when it actually left Fanatec. Fingers crossed for all of you waiting that you'll get it soon

I know it’s the driver’s version, but Fanatec doesn’t ship new firmware without updating the driver software, so I’m just saying I updated to the latest available firmware. I updated it because the stock firmware was pretty old, tuning menu didn’t work on PBME, which had updated before with DD Pro.

/twitch

No movement yet on my part either. Checking constantly for a tracking number. The U.S. location has recently moved from California to Texas (smart move on Fanatics part), so I don't know if that will create any delay.
Mine is scheduled for delivery in L.A. on Friday. Only reason I know is because FedEx texted me tracking info. Nothing from Fanatec.
I didn’t realize it moved from California to Texas. Bummer, as I used to get stuff in just a day or two once it shipped LOL

Mine is scheduled for delivery in L.A. on Friday. Only reason I know is because FedEx texted me tracking info. Nothing from Fanatec.
I didn’t realize it moved from California to Texas. Bummer, as I used to get stuff in just a day or two once it shipped LOL
Nice!

Can’t wait to hear what you think of it.

As for fedex, thats both good and slightly terrifying. Fedex have been the problem child, the past year. Given the sig rec and all that… /twitch

Nice!

Can’t wait to hear what you think of it.

As for fedex, thats both good and slightly terrifying. Fedex have been the problem child, the past year. Given the sig rec and all that… /twitch
Yeah, I'm psyched to see how it is. Probably won't get it mounted till Saturday.
Just checked my account on the Fanatec site and it still just says handover to warehouse, no tracking number or anything to even indicate it has in fact shipped. So if you don't have a FedEx account set up where you get notifications direct from FedEx, you won't even know it's coming. This has been the case for I think everything I have ordered from Fanatec in the past two years. And yep, it's sig required for delivery. On the one hand, I appreciate why Fanatec does this when you're talking about pretty expensive equipment, and it ensures stuff isn't stolen off porches. On the other hand, it can be massively inconvenient. I work mostly from home these days so I'm not too bothered about it, but last year I ordered something and must've been in the bathroom or back of the house and never heard FedEx knocking on the door. Then I had to be out the next day for two hours and missed it again. At that point, I redirected it to a local Office Depot that is a FedEx delivery center as well. Super annoying, that was LOL

/twitch
LOL. Hold my beer...:cheers: My DD Plus was handed over to the U.S. warehouse exactly one week ago today. (Wednesday 2/7/24) My work delivery address is only 35 minutes away from the warehouse and crickets...:lol:

Are you guys sure they moved to Texas?? I received my dad's QR2 order two weeks ago and it was from the L.A. warehouse in La Mirada, CA just up the road as did my buddies QR-2 bundles the week after.

FMW
Are you guys sure they moved to Texas?? I received my dad's QR2 order two weeks ago and it was from the L.A. warehouse in La Mirada, CA just up the road as did my buddies QR-2 bundles the week after.
I dunno but this package is coming from texas

Ah there you go.

Ah there you go.
Looks like that move NEWS was just literally posted this morning at 10:47 am. Well that blows. I'm guessing a lot of peoples orders will be further delayed until the move is complete at the end of the month. It suddenly makes ordering from FANATEC not as convenient....

Sounds like another lie and fake ass excuse.
In the interview he claimed the stock was sitting and ready to go as soon as the Sony approval came through...

Orders processed to the warehouse on Feb 7th. New product released on the other or 10th, today is the 15th and absolutely nothing has changed with most of our orders...

And now you thought moving your entire warehouse and stock in the middle of this massive shipping and inventory debacle was a smart move?

It's crazy to think I preordered this **** on Oct 22nd, and in Feb 15th were still getting reasons they can't deliver.

Does GT7 even still have active players? Might not need a wheel by the time it finally shows up.

I'm just throwing a temper-tantrum but gdit...

Sounds like another lie and fake ass excuse.
In the interview he claimed the stock was sitting and ready to go as soon as the Sony approval came through...

Orders processed to the warehouse on Feb 7th. New product released on the other or 10th, today is the 15th and absolutely nothing has changed with most of our orders...

And now you thought moving your entire warehouse and stock in the middle of this massive shipping and inventory debacle was a smart move?

It's crazy to think I preordered this **** on Oct 22nd, and in Feb 15th were still getting reasons they can't deliver.

Does GT7 even still have active players? Might not need a wheel by the time it finally shows up.

I'm just throwing a temper-tantrum but gdit...
I get the frustration, believe me. Fanatec has been a joke on the DD+ release, obviously. But moving the distribution center was almost certainly its own giant undertaking and not one just done on a whim out of the blue in the middle of the other issues. Companies plan a move like that, it gets done on a schedule and not moved around based on the supply of a particular product. It’s just more unfortunate timing the way it’s worked out with the DD+ delays.

At this point, I’m far more concerned about receiving a DD+ with the issues others have reported on forums with the non-+ DD. Whine, cogging, etc. If after all this, I receive a bad unit when it arrives tomorrow, man, I can’t even.
But this is why I didn’t sell my DD Pro yet.

Last edited:
If there's one thing Gran Turismo has done for me over the decades, that's learn to wait. Sad but true. I don't mind waiting and I'm sure Fanatec have their reasons for moving things to Texas (probably to better serve the majority of people who live on the east coast I'd wager).

Jerome

Back