Fanatec Reveals Direct Drive ClubSport DD and DD+ Wheel Bases: Available to Pre-Order Now

• Thread starter Famine
  • 514 comments
@rsspyder21 When did you place your DD + pre-order? Just curios as you said earlier that you didn't have a tracking # in your FANATEC account, but saw it linked through your FED EX account.

Nevermind @rsspyder21 =) I figured out how to track my package. If anyone is curious to see if your DD Plus or anything else you ordered from FANATEC during black friday or before etc...All you need is your FANATEC order reference # from your order. Go to the Fed Ex website. From there, there's an advanced tracking page. Enter your reference # in the reference field, then country, and then ZIP and BAMO.
My DD Plus order gets delivered tomorrow from TX :D

At this point, I’m far more concerned about receiving a DD+ with the issues others have reported on forums with the non-+ DD. Whine, cogging, etc. If after all this, I receive a bad unit when it arrives tomorrow, man, I can’t even.
But this is why I didn’t sell my DD Pro yet.
Can you please give us more details about these issues reported by 1st consumers?

I've only had it for two days but I didn't have any issues with the wheel base so far.
There's a software glitch with the GT Extreme wheel that TCS is going up by its own when the clutch pedals are mapped to Analog Axis, but apparently they are aware of it and it'll be fixed in the next FW update.
Also the ITM is quite glitchy at the moment (at least for me with ACC on PC).

I've only had it for two days but I didn't have any issues with the wheel base so far.
There's a software glitch with the GT Extreme wheel that TCS is going up by its own when the clutch pedals are mapped to Analog Axis, but apparently they are aware of it and it'll be fixed in the next FW update.
Also the ITM is quite glitchy at the moment (at least for me with ACC on PC).
I think I’m going to stay away from updating it out of the box, at least for the time being.

Just google fanatec clubsport dd problems. I only picked up on it from the fanatec official forum. Like here: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussio...rouble-free-experience-with-your-clubsport-dd
Ok thanks, indeed I found several links which relate these issues:

Fortunatelly (as explain on the 1st link and on the last link by several guys): if you have this famous Coils-Whine issue then you just have to return the base (with a RMA) to the warehouse and they will be able to repair it by applying a new product calibration (when done this bad sound completely desepars) 👍.

Last edited:
I think I’m going to stay away from updating it out of the box, at least for the time being.
Yup. Not even going to think about 455 and its accompanying firmware

Also saw this..

IMG_5334.png

Ok thanks, indeed I found several links which relate these issues:

Fortunatelly (as explain on the 1st link and on the last link by several guys): if you have this famous Coils-Whine issue then you just have to return the base (with a RMA) to the warehouse and they will be able to repair it by applying a new product calibration (when done this bad sound completely desepars) 👍.

Mine is out for delivery. Before I even mount the thing, I'm going to plug it in on my table and listen for anything strange. Gotta say, I can barely hear anything in that guy's video. Will look for some more that hopefully make it more obvious.
Yup. Not even going to think about 455 and its accompanying firmware

Also saw this..

View attachment 1328567
So is the plan to not even go into the Fanatec updater and do anything whatsoever upon delivery? Other than maybe setting the wheel's center position?

Mine is out for delivery. Before I even mount the thing, I'm going to plug it in on my table and listen for anything strange. Gotta say, I can barely hear anything in that guy's video. Will look for some more that hopefully make it more obvious.

So is the plan to not even go into the Fanatec updater and do anything whatsoever upon delivery? Other than maybe setting the wheel's center position?
I think so?!?

Sounds as if we’re reading the same things over there and drawing similar conclusions. Im definitely worried about what your about to go through

Eta: saw @bokspeed post on another thread that 455 and the subsequent updates went well. Which is good!

Tba. I dunno man..and im a bit on the sensi side since my ddpro went pearshaped. Which might be unrelated to 455..but happened right after..no way to know right now..

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Just got my Plus delivered. Hopefully, I can get it mounted later this afternoon on the rig, but before I do I want to do some running in GT7 and ACC to get a good feeling before mounting the Plus since there are no recommended base settings yet.
Also, I could not hear any “whine” noise in those videos, but maybe I’m out of that sound spectrum. Lol
I’m going to plug into the PC. For all we know, firmware 455 maybe already loaded. 🤔

I think so?!?

Sounds as if we’re reading the same things over there and drawing similar conclusions. Im definitely worried about what your about to go through

Eta: saw @bokspeed post on another thread that 455 and the subsequent updates went well. Which is good!

Tba. I dunno man..and im a bit on the sensi side since my ddpro went pearshaped. Which might be unrelated to 455..but happened right after..no way to know right now..

Good Luck!
This is what I hate about all this ****, man LOL.
All you hear from are the people who have something go wrong. Makes you think these things are destined to be a disaster out of the box. I'm gonna stay away from updating it for now, and just set the center position if need be. Will try running it first without even doing that, maybe it's not even necessary.
FMW
Just got my Plus delivered. Hopefully, I can get it mounted later this afternoon on the rig, but before I do I want to do some running in GT7 and ACC to get a good feeling before mounting the Plus since there are no recommended base settings yet.
Also, I could not hear any “whine” noise in those videos, but maybe I’m out of that sound spectrum. Lol
I’m going to plug into the PC. For all we know, firmware 455 maybe already loaded. 🤔
Let us know how it goes and what you find, asap please :lol: . I won't be able to get to messing with mine till tomorrow, earliest. Still waiting for FedEx to drop it off over here today.
As for the settings, yeah, it's strange to me Fanatec doesn't already have any recommended settings for us to start with. That being so, I guess I'll just start with the same settings as I have on my DD Pro and see how it feels with simply the increased torque.

All you hear from are the people who have something go wrong. Makes you think these things are destined to be a disaster out of the box. I'm gonna stay away from updating it for now, and just set the center position if need be. Will try running it first without even doing that, maybe it's not even necessary.

Let us know how it goes and what you find, asap please :lol: . I won't be able to get to messing with mine till tomorrow, earliest. Still waiting for FedEx to drop it off over here today.
As for the settings, yeah, it's strange to me Fanatec doesn't already have any recommended settings for us to start with. That being so, I guess I'll just start with the same settings as I have on my DD Pro and see how it feels with simply the increased torque.
OK. So, right out of the BOX, the base and the installed QR2 are out of date in terms of its firmware. When I first turned on the base, it was silent just like my DD PRO. I didn't hear any whining. I decided to update the firmware, only because the update seemed needed for it to communicate properly with both my QR2 installed wheels that have newer firmwares. For reference, I have a F1 2.5 and BMW GT2 V2 wheel. Everything updated properly, base centered, and all buttons on both my wheels work perfectly.

However, there is NOW a slight noise coming from the base. It's VERY faint! I can't stress this enough. I had to put my ear on the base to be sure I was hearing something. It's not a loud whine by any means, but there's something faint. There's no way I will ever hear this while playing any driving game or with regular ambient noise in the house. If I had to guess, the updated firmware may have caused the motor to create a low frequency hum of some kind. I'm also willing to bet any subsequent firmware update may eliminate that low frequency faint hum.

I'll try running GT7 and ACC to make sure everything is 100% perfect, but on the PC laptop, all is functioning perfectly.

Lastly, I vaguely recalled some folks on the FANATEC FORUM complaining about a whine with their CSL DD with boost kit. The user provided a video, but other forum members could not hear it. Also, FANATEC put this out as an FYI to the user" "All of our bases emit some degree of electrical or mechanical noise, and it is also normal for the power supply to make a very small amount of noise too, but this is imperceptible to most users. It is possible that the slight variations between units could mean that you get one that doesn't annoy you at this particular frequency, but that can't be guaranteed."

For now, I'm not going to worry about it as long as the base works as designed, but I will for sure keep my eye on what others find and keep an eye out for the next firmware update, which I'm willing to bet we'll see as more of these bases reach the wilderness and FANATEC receives feedback.

FMW
OK. So, right out of the BOX, the base and the installed QR2 are out of date in terms of its firmware. When I first turned on the base, it was silent just like my DD PRO. I didn't hear any whining. I decided to update the firmware, only because the update seemed needed for it to communicate properly with both my QR2 installed wheels that have newer firmwares. For reference, I have a F1 2.5 and BMW GT2 V2 wheel. Everything updated properly, base centered, and all buttons on both my wheels work perfectly.

However, there is NOW a slight noise coming from the base. It's VERY faint! I can't stress this enough. I had to put my ear on the base to be sure I was hearing something. It's not a loud whine by any means, but there's something faint. There's no way I will ever hear this while playing any driving game or with regular ambient noise in the house. If I had to guess, the updated firmware may have caused the motor to create a low frequency hum of some kind. I'm also willing to bet any subsequent firmware update may eliminate that low frequency faint hum.

I'll try running GT7 and ACC to make sure everything is 100% perfect, but on the PC laptop, all is functioning perfectly.

Lastly, I vaguely recalled some folks on the FANATEC FORUM complaining about a whine with their CSL DD with boost kit. The user provided a video, but other forum members could not hear it. Also, FANATEC put this out as an FYI to the user" "All of our bases emit some degree of electrical or mechanical noise, and it is also normal for the power supply to make a very small amount of noise too, but this is imperceptible to most users. It is possible that the slight variations between units could mean that you get one that doesn't annoy you at this particular frequency, but that can't be guaranteed."

For now, I'm not going to worry about it as long as the base works as designed, but I will for sure keep my eye on what others find and keep an eye out for the next firmware update, which I'm willing to bet we'll see as more of these bases reach the wilderness and FANATEC receives feedback.
Im going to see if it works without updating anything first lol

Im going to see if it works without updating anything first lol

That’s not a bad idea. 👍🏻
I’ll work on some recommendations on settings later. Going to try the default settings first then my DD Pro settings.
BTW. True Force is on by default. I imagine it’s best to turn this off as no game has implemented yet.

Good luck bud!

FMW
That’s not a bad idea. 👍🏻
I’ll work on some recommendations on settings later. Going to try the default settings first then my DD Pro settings.
BTW. True Force is on by default. I imagine it’s best to turn this off as no game has implemented yet.
No dog in this fight, but when I was setting up my DD Pro and DD1, I found that it was better working from their recommended GTS settings for GT7

Good luck all. I’ll be curious to see what y’all think

No dog in this fight, but when I was setting up my DD Pro and DD1, I found that it was better working from their recommended GTS settings for GT7

Good luck all. I’ll be curious to see what y’all think
Good idea. 👍🏻

Mine was on the doorstep when I got off work today. Never got any update or shipping info, email, account notice or anything from Fanatec other than the "warehouse" notice 10 days ago.

Crawled through the process because the included instructions are... essentially useless. But whatever.

I updated absolutely nothing, plugged it directly into my ps5 and started playing just enough to make sure everything was working. Eating dinner now and will run some laps after and try to reteach myself how to drive, with my first Direct Drive and first load cell, off a 5 month absence from any racing.

It's really not designed to fit on a Playseat Evo. I had to make some... questionable decisions. I'll test it tonight, but I probably have to shop for a new rig. We'll see.

Last edited:
I have an update: Ran some laps in GT7. I had previously run the Mount Panarama GT3 time trial with the McLaren GT3 car. Before I slapped the DD Plus unto the rig, I tried to beat my time from earlier in the week with the DD Pro. The stock profile settings seemed good. I was able to equal my time.

Nuances I noticed:
1. The stock profile settings have a lot of wheel dampening compared to what I was using with the DD Pro. That said, the car was very intuitive to drive and very crisp. Many of the YouTube reviews keep mentioning how fast this wheel feels. Sure, maybe that's what I'm noticing. Given the stock profile has 60% FFB and a lot of Dampening and Natural Friction, it sure felt quick and the power made my BMW GT2 wheel feel amazing.
2. The "whining", "electrical noise", "hum"...whatever people want to call it. Yeah...it's there. =( After an hour of lapping Panarama, I stopped the car, went to the main menu to mess around some settings and look for some decals. For reference, I have all menu music off. The house happened to be really quiet and the "hum" started to pierce my ears just sitting in the rig. The sound is so faint, but my ears are now definitely picking it up when the house is dead quiet. It's almost like when dogs can hear certain whistles that humans can't.

Now, I'm starting to question whether the "electrical noise" was there before I updated the base? I suppose I could roll back the drivers to be certain. Fanatec has now made it a lot easier to roll back the firmwares. You just have to be Johnny on the spot with the directions from the app.

Other than that, the base and my wheels work amazing so far with GT7. I'm curious if @rsspyder21 base is silent with the stock firmwares? If so, I'm willing to roll mine back to see if it goes away. In the interim, the background menu music will be turned on. LOL :D

Last edited:
FMW
I have an update: Ran some laps in GT7. I had previously run the Mount Panarama GT3 time trial with the McLaren GT3 car. Before I slapped the DD Plus unto the rig, I tried to beat my time from earlier in the week with the DD Pro. The stock profile settings seemed good. I was able to equal my time.

Nuances I noticed:
1. The stock profile settings have a lot of wheel dampening compared to what I was using with the DD Pro. That said, the car was very intuitive to drive and very crisp. Many of the YouTube reviews keep mentioning how fast this wheel feels. Sure, maybe that's what I'm noticing. Given the stock profile has 60% FFB and a lot of Dampening and Natural Friction, it sure felt quick and the power made my BMW GT2 wheel feel amazing.
2. The "whining", "electrical noise", "hum"...whatever people want to call it. Yeah...it's there. =( After an hour of lapping Panarama, I stopped the car, went to the main menu to mess around some settings and look for some decals. For reference, I have all menu music off. The house happened to be really quiet and the "hum" started to pierce my ears just sitting in the rig. The sound is so faint, but my ears are now definitely picking it up when the house is dead quiet. It's almost like when dogs can hear certain whistles that humans can't.

Now, I'm starting to question whether the "electrical noise" was there before I updated the base? I suppose I could roll back the drivers to be certain. Fanatec has now made it a lot easier to roll back the firmwares. You just have to be Johnny on the spot with the directions from the app.

Other than that, the base and my wheels work amazing so far with GT7. I'm curious if @rsspyder21 base is silent with the stock firmwares? If so, I'm willing to roll mine back to see if it goes away. In the interim, the background menu music will be turned on. LOL :D
FedEx finally delivered mine at 6:15 tonight. Probably won’t be able to really get into it till Sunday but I’ll definitely try it first without doing any updates whatsoever.
Do you notice the “cogging” some people have claimed is a noticeable issue, or at least a thing?
I’m honestly sorry I ever found all the problem posts out of boredom LOL

FedEx finally delivered mine at 6:15 tonight. Probably won’t be able to really get into it till Sunday but I’ll definitely try it first without doing any updates whatsoever.
Do you notice the “cogging” some people have claimed is a noticeable issue, or at least a thing?
I’m honestly sorry I ever found all the problem posts out of boredom LOL
No “cogging”. Both wheels felt pretty smooth. I read about the cogging from somewhere in the Fanatec forum, but from how I read the post, it read like the guy was expecting it to be “butter smooth” as he had wrote. These bases are basically giant servo motors in rc cars in a way or the brushless motors that power them. Whatever cogging that might be perceived is micro granular. It’s nothing you would ever notice once you jump in and drive.

FMW

Nuances I noticed:

Could wait until mine comes in, but I just gotta know; can you make the settings through the wheel while connected to your PS, or do you still need to hook it up to a PC?

Mine was on the doorstep when I got off work today. Never got any update or shipping info, email, account notice or anything from Fanatec other than the "warehouse" notice 10 days ago.

Crawled through the process because the included instructions are... essentially useless. But whatever.

I updated absolutely nothing, plugged it directly into my ps5 and started playing just enough to make sure everything was working. Eating dinner now and will run some laps after and try to reteach myself how to drive, with my first Direct Drive and first load cell, off a 5 month absence from any racing.

It's really not designed to fit on a players Evo. I had to make some... questionable decisions. I'll test it tonight, but I probably have to shop for a new rig. We'll see.
Quick question: no sig required for fedex?

Quick question: no sig required for fedex?
No, but I live in a small rural town where procedures like that don't really get paid much attention. So I'm not sure I'm a good verification for this question.

I played for about an hour last night running laps qualifying for Daily C. I hear absolutely nothing from the wheel, even when specifically listening after the concerns voiced here. I did not do any updating.

The load cell brake on the v2 is... arguably too much. I'm reading that they break in over time, so I'll give it a week, but I'm pressing with a force I can't easily repeat or do on command at every corner. It does help with light trail braking for sure, if I was any good at that.

I feel like I could catch slides easier/quicker with my T300, but that could very much be a torque and rim size issue. I believe the clubman is 320 and the t300 was 280? So zipping the wheel to counter steer was easier, due to rum size maybe, but also the Fanatec has much more resistance when trying to counter steer. I'm sure that's how it's suppose to feel, but...

Obviously there are a ton of settings and updates to come and it's only been 1hr, so I won't be making any conclusions yet, but those are my initial impressions. Oh, as someone who wraps my thumb through the wheel, the stitching on the club sport rim might be an issue for me. I've never used gloves for sim racing but that might need to change.

About to hop on and mess around for the day and see if I can get back up to speed. I'm only running 2:01.xxx for Daily C which I feel like is at least 1sec from where I should be, but it has been 5 months now, and the learning curve with the wheel and pedals will take some time.

No, but I live in a small rural town where procedures like that don't really get paid much attention. So I'm not sure I'm a good verification for this question.

I played for about an hour last night running laps qualifying for Daily C. I hear absolutely nothing from the wheel, even when specifically listening after the concerns voiced here. I did not do any updating.

The load cell brake on the v2 is... arguably too much. I'm reading that they break in over time, so I'll give it a week, but I'm pressing with a force I can't easily repeat or do on command at every corner. It does help with light trail braking for sure, if I was any good at that.

I feel like I could catch slides easier/quicker with my T300, but that could very much be a torque and rim size issue. I believe the clubman is 320 and the t300 was 280? So zipping the wheel to counter steer was easier, due to rum size maybe, but also the Fanatec has much more resistance when trying to counter steer. I'm sure that's how it's suppose to feel, but...

Obviously there are a ton of settings and updates to come and it's only been 1hr, so I won't be making any conclusions yet, but those are my initial impressions. Oh, as someone who wraps my thumb through the wheel, the stitching on the club sport rim might be an issue for me. I've never used gloves for sim racing but that might need to change.

About to hop on and mess around for the day and see if I can get back up to speed. I'm only running 2:01.xxx for Daily C which I feel like is at least 1sec from where I should be, but it has been 5 months now, and the learning curve with the wheel and pedals will take some time.
These are the gloves I started using once I went to a high-FFB base.

One downside of running high-torque values is what you experienced; that side to side steering wheel movement is slowed. The upside of running high-torque values in GT7 though, is you’ll be able to tell more quickly when you’re at the edge of grip levels

Last edited:
Could wait until mine comes in, but I just gotta know; can you make the settings through the wheel while connected to your PS, or do you still need to hook it up to a PC?
Yes. Simply go to the “advanced tuning” menu that is accessed through any of the wheels that are attached to the base. It’s a simple scroll through process where you can fine tune all the FFB settings. 😊

FMW
Yes. Simply go to the “advanced tuning” menu that is accessed through any of the wheels that are attached to the base. It’s a simple scroll through process where you can fine tune all the FFB settings. 😊
Thanks, that's real good to know. Maybe I do keep the wheel. Still a little cheesy for me, but much better than the DD Pro. I'll actually be able to hone in the settings for my personal taste, something I really didn't do before.

Once you guys get your PLUS bases installed and want a starting point for GT7, here's a TUNING menu setup I worked on today in preparation for the league race I participate in. It felt pretty good. Keep in mind, the base is mounted on a rigid aluminum extrusion rig. I'm using the Fanatec BMW GT2 V2 wheel, which is 320mm in circumference, so small diameter wheels and lighter weight wheels may not like the FFB at 50. Try lowering it a couple of clicks at a time.

SEN auto
FFB 50
Full Force 0-This function is not present in GT7 yet or any game for that matter until the game is patched with this feature
NDP 5
NFR 10
NIN 5
INT 3
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR off
DPR off
BLI user pref
MPS auto
BRF 85 (user preference. I have load cell pedals with very strong elastomers)

In game
FFB MAX Torque 3
FFB Sensitivity 2

With FFB at 50, you're essentially running a constant force of 7.5-8nm. If you're coming from a GT DD Pro you had the option called Force Effect Scaling in the tuning menu. (Provided you had the BOOST power supply) PEAK or CONSTANT were your two choices. With PEAK, you had peak forces that could reach 8nm. If you selected constant, your FFB was a constant and smooth 5nm. The DD Plus has a constant 15 NM with FFB at 100, so for me the FFB at 50 felt really good. Lots of dynamic detail at the bottom end of the force and top.

If you think you want or need stronger FFB try one click at a time with the FFB setting. One click at a time may achieve what's best for each person. Also, you can try raising the FFB Max Torque in the game, but I feel turning this up too high can dull the FFB detail.

Hi, I've had the Extreme bundle since last Wednesday, I too have a very slight electrical noise that can only be heard with total silence in the room, but for me it's ok, I won't replace it, my CSL Pro made an absurd noise, without headphones I couldn't play, and it was ok for Fanatec, this already with the TV sound can no longer be heard.

I heard that the first game compatible with FullForce will arrive in March, I think it's GT7, with the February update, I can't wait.
I went back to the forum for the setup, since I'm using the Pro ones, but I don't find them good for the DD+, to be honest I didn't think I'd find any already, but it's better this way, thanks FMW.

However, I would like to start creating a setup for myself, rather than continuing to use those of others, do you know if there are any guides? To understand how to best set it?

Last thing, do you think it is better to create a specific thread for the settings or if possible, change the title of this one. Because I was creating a new one, to have a thread like the one for the CSL DD Pro, but then I decided to take a look in here first

Back