Votes: 254 27.6%
  • 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got banned 2 years ago for doing 133mph past Stone Henge. Good job i was slowing down, was just nudging 155 when i saw the coppers van in the lay-by! Was very lucky, got no points, £260 fine and a 21 day ban. Totaly changed how i drive now, got so much more respect for the road and it's users.

Even if you did get caught...

Famine

Tell us WHAT speed you did. Don't tell us WHERE you did it. We don't care and it's probably illegal which is against the AUP.

100mph in my Citroën C1, 2 over the claimed top speed. :sly:

Yes, i did see that bit but as i've already served my punishment i can't be done for it or incriminate myself in any way ! :)

Even if you did get caught...

100mph in my Citroën C1, 2 over the claimed top speed. :sly:

Easily enough done, all speedos read over by quite some percentage. You may think you're doing 70 on a motorway, it's probably closer to 65.

130 mph in a audi 100 turbo quattro. 2 bar on turbo inputt 350+bhp. Fun car. And jeah i have lost my linsence will get it back in abut 2 month.. Thx god gt5 exist to take me off the roade:)

I tryd faster cars. But dident dear go eny fast in theme at all. Feks Ferrari 355

Here's to living in a country where you can do 100mph+ on your daily commute - legally :)

+1 :D

Fastest I've gone in a car I've owned was ~100mph. Pretty darn scaring in an old, rundown Nissan March.

If company cars count, 125mph in a Renault Megane-

And if my father's car counts, 155mph in a Lexus GS350H. A lot easier and way more relaxed than a Nissan March at 100mph :lol:

All on the Autobahn, by the way, so it was 100% legal at all times.

70 so far in the Focus...on a cloverleaf highway onramp.

Oddly enough, the girl has driven it at higher speeds than I have. I think she hit about 80 when we picked it up from Portland.

130 mph in a audi 100 turbo quattro. 2 bar on turbo inputt 350+bhp. Fun car. And jeah i have lost my linsence will get it back in abut 2 month.. Thx god gt5 exist to take me off the roade:)

I tryd faster cars. But dident dear go eny fast in theme at all. Feks Ferrari 355

English please?

I guess I should change my top speed entry from 90+ mph to a GPS verified 103mph in a Honda CR-V.

I did a buck twenty-five in my driving instructor's Mustang while in the passing lane... that was KM/h though, so that would be ~75 MPH.

At least my instructor was cool with it!👍

Your instructor had a Mustang. 'nuff said.

My vote is off now by an easy 30mph... Then again, I voted before I had my license... I also love how the leading vote is in the 140+ category... And how many people have been dumb enough to admit to having done so on a public road. Personally, I can't see how that type of speed anywhere but a track is at all useful (you Germans excluded), but even then most people's cars aren't capable of 140 on the average track's main straight.

Your instructor had a Mustang. 'nuff said.

Yep - it was an '05 or '06 V6 model. It was a fun car to learn how to drive on, especially whenever we came across some lesser car like a Corolla or a Cobalt with a student driver sign attached!:lol: The first few lessons it was pretty intimidating since the throttle took a bit of getting used to (the car I normally drive is an FF Pontiac Bonneville), but it was AMAZINGLY fun to drive - I actually miss driving school at some points.:(

He was a total car guy too, so we could just chat it up and whatnot. Plus, I could brag that I had driving-school superiority to my friends!👍

Rotary Junkie
I also love how the leading vote is in the 140+ category...

The numbers are close enough I consider it tied with the 100-120 vote. Personally, I've never owned anything I didn't take to 120-130. Have always been too afraid of getting pinched to try 140. Now I'm getting old. :P

Yep - it was an '05 or '06 V6 model. It was a fun car to learn how to drive on...

I can see how a Mustang would be waay more fun than a Bonneville, but you're gonna realllly LOVE driving once ya get a taste of something that actually handles well! :)

I have done 113mph legally (drag racing.. 13.1 @ 113mph)

I have hit the speed limiter a few times 240kph (150mph)

I can see how a Mustang would be waay more fun than a Bonneville, but you're gonna realllly LOVE driving once ya get a taste of something that actually handles well! :)

Oh, don't get me wrong, the Bonneville is fun enough - it's an '02 with SSE trim. I've been driving it since March of '09 when I got my G1, so I'm used to it, if nothing else. The 3800 series II engine has got a lot of pep, but the handling on the FR Mustang was altogether different - when you press the throttle gratification is a little more swift, and if you're turning the rear would slide out if you punched it (wasn't allowed to do THAT, though!:dunce:)

But my idea of an affordable first car (the Pontiac my parent's) is a late-model Eldorado, SC400, or Lincoln Town Car. Hey, at least I can't get into TOO much trouble with something like that.👍

91 Miata - 93mph
89 Corolla - 80?

I don't really find much thrill anymore in high speeds, of course my cars take forever to get there and I don't really trust them above that, the corolla that is. Everything about the car is mush, from the suspension to the brakes to the steering. Seriously, it's a bit scary. :scared:

...But my idea of an affordable first car (the Pontiac my parent's) is a late-model Eldorado, SC400, or Lincoln Town Car...

Well SC400's are kinda cool, and I'm sure you can get into some trouble with those! but the other two made my eyeballz bleed for a second. :P I did the FWD hatchback thing for my first car & couldn't have been happier/found a better match! (my first V6 MX-3, though not the one I have now) Was offered the '91 Miata I now own but knew it wouldn't do well @ college, so I actually turned it down. In retrospect I think she would have let me have it dirt cheap, (compared to what I spent on the MX-3), but oh well. Things worked out in the end I suppose. :)

Well SC400's are kinda cool, and I'm sure you can get into some trouble with those! but the other two made my eyeballz bleed for a second. :P I did the FWD hatchback thing for my first car & couldn't have been happier/found a better match! (my first V6 MX-3, though not the one I have now) Was offered the '91 Miata I now own but knew it wouldn't do well @ college, so I actually turned it down. In retrospect I think she would have let me have it dirt cheap, (compared to what I spent on the MX-3), but oh well. Things worked out in the end I suppose. :)

I can appreciate small cars for their practicality and low running/insurance costs, but I just have a thing for larger and softer rides. I know the Lincoln and the Eldorado are sort of fuddy-duddy, but I'm not bothered! MX-3 would be interesting - don't see too many of those around now, though. I'm in first year of university and I currently commute via train because of the cost effectiveness, and if I got a car I'd probably still take the train, so a big-ish, impractical-ish car isn't such a big issue in that respect!👍

An MX-5 would be fun though!:sly: I bet THAT would be a trim little cruiser! However I've been told the Pontiac will be mine in a year or two once my parents get a new car, so I might not need to worry!:sly:

I can appreciate small cars for..

Yeah, MX-3's have always been fairly rare in my neck of the woods, which was one of the initial draws, hehe. (then I found out how awesome they are!) I didn't have a train or anything like that though & it was a 350 mile "commute" home, sometimes with lots of stuff, so that was a definite factor. If there'd been a train in the mix I'd have taken the Miata in an instant! Oh yea, they're total chick magnets. I borrowed the '91 one day while Mom was visiting & had a date that night, no joke! :D (always get compliments these days too & mine aren't anything special)

Yeah, MX-3's have always been fairly rare in my neck of the woods, which was one of the initial draws, hehe. (then I found out how awesome they are!)

And I'm absolutely positive I've seen you on the mx-3.com forums.

I have two of them and AMG. (one of the site moderators here) used to have one as well, all V6s :D

146 MPH in a 03 Dodge Viper GTS [Tell us WHAT, but don't tell us WHERE]

Last edited by a moderator:
And I'm absolutely positive I've seen you on the mx-3.com forums.

I have two of them and AMG. (one of the site moderators here) used to have one as well, all V6s :D

Yep, I recognize your name - cool! You happen to be packing a 2.5? My brain's buried in Miata territory these days/I need to chat with some 2.5 guys about a couple small issues.

Err... not quite. I have a secret on that front (or at least it's a secret from the MX-3 community) which I'll let you into if you promise not to tell :D

120 Mph in a camper van [Tell us WHAT but don't tell us WHERE. Why is this message not getting across?]

Edit - sorry was just reading the last page didn't read the first.

Last edited:
120 Mph in a camper van

hahaha, that's awesome. loong ago I had a video of this huuuuge winebego/motorhome thing that was HAULIN. no clue the speed but there were some like woops in the road & the thing came flyin down through there with the front end bouncing off the ground at what had to be around 100mph. it was epic!

70 in the TL. 20 in the Turbo, because "I don't wanna break it!" :lol:

edit: I know it says not to say WHERE, but the TL I drove at a track, and the Turbo I was just trying to drive stick shift... rather, trying to get it out of 1st gear on our home street.

yes I'll post pics of the cars today.

Last edited:
I'm 16 and can't drive yet but the fastest I've gone in a car is about 127-8 mph in a Mk2 Toyota Avensis 1.6 5mt. Official top speed of the car is about 120, but it was [How many times? Tell us WHAT but don't tell us WHERE?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back