• 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

That brings back memories, I heard so many kids in High School claim that.

Obviously, my car doesn't hit 120 in 12 seconds. There was some hyperbole in effect. Either that or I'm an idiot. But 300bhp is still effective past 100, and that's the point. The R also feels better than my ratty old VQ. So there's that, too.

~110mph in my dad's Vauxhall Vectra 2.2 (I was amazed it could manage it :P)

Oh a 2.2 Vectra will do FAR more than that. Hell my car will do 110 if the wind is pointing the right way ;)

Also, yay Leeds! Represent! ...or something

I once hit 110 or so in my Corolla Fx. Lovely car, we called it the gremlin. Looking back on it, it was probably one of the dumbest things i've ever done. The tires on the car were old, probably bald and dry rotted. Let's see they were the ones on from the mr2, yep. Imagine if one of those tires blew and I lost control. 🤬 deal...

I guess all i'm trying to say is, check your tires!

I did 220 km/h (137 mph) in an Audi A6 3.0 TDI on the Autobahn last summer. Had to slow down because of the traffic.
I have also done close to 210 km/h (131mph) on Nürburgring, on the straight between Flugplatz and Schwedenkreutz, in a VW Scirocco 2.0 TSI. That was fun:sly:

139 MPH in my '02 Nissan Maxima SE (6 speed) Has another 10 mph to the limiter, but I think I would have needed more road to get to it.

170 MPH on my motorcycle, according to the speedometer, but as far as I can tell they read a little fast, so actual speed was probably closer to 155-160 MPH.

Hah! Cool stories here...8-)

Fastest I have driven is 185kmh (what's that, 115mph?) in a mates 2003 BMW M3 convertible on a narrow, unfamiliar back-road in the country in the late afternoon. For me it was so fast that I could not see far enough ahead to be confident of braking within that distance I could see...whether it was the failing light, my failing eyesight, or my fail driving I don't know, but I definitely did not feel comfortable pushing it further...

Fastest I have been driven in a car is over 200kmh in a tuned Skyline GTS2.5t

Wow you drove faster then you could see on a road you didn't know in a car that wasn't yours. That whole thing sounds really stupid and dangerous.

Wow you drove faster then you could see on a road you didn't know in a car that wasn't yours. That whole thing sounds really stupid and dangerous.

Er, read my post. I wasn't driving "faster". There was no stupid and dangerous about it.

And no, I didn't "lose" it either...

Er, read my post. I wasn't driving "faster". There was no stupid and dangerous about it.

I did go back and reread it to make sure I understood what you wrote:

For me it was so fast that I could not see far enough ahead to be confident of braking within that distance I could see.

If you are driving so fast that you cannot see far enough ahead or be confident in your braking then you are driving faster then you should. Driving faster then you can see and process the upcoming road is stupid and dangerous.

I did go back and reread it to make sure I understood what you wrote:

If you are driving so fast that you cannot see far enough ahead or be confident in your braking then you are driving faster then you should. Driving faster then you can see and process the upcoming road is stupid and dangerous.

OK then, I guess what I was trying to say then was:

For me it was so fast that I could not see far enough ahead to be confident of driving faster without being able to brake within that distance I could see.

I think you should add a 165 mph + line since there is quite a lot of people (the majority) that made over 140... I think most European won't find the 220kmh target hard to achieve as long they have a car capable of those speeds, an abarth 500 can almost reach those kind of speeds

COOLEST STORY SO FAR:My Dad's friend Bought a Brand new 1969 Mustang Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet when he got back from 'Nam, he'd been saving his money up when he was over there. My Dad was ridin with him, and the got the speedo needle back to ZERO! those got to 160, so they were going between 180-200 by my judgement. They stoopped when the front end started lifting up and the hood looked like it was going to fly off. The guy raced it all the time, the only car he couldnt beat was a modded 69 GTO.:eek: :eek: :D :D

and that speedometers are about as accurate as a shotgun at 400 yards at any speed above 90. Most people wonder why the speed display on a GPS isn't the same as indicated on the dash. manufactures don't QC speedo's above 80MPH and there is always some play. just saying, and i'm sure he was still probably hauling ass no doubt, but you can't exactly take the indicated speed as true speed; but as a general ball park to exactly how insanely fast you were going.

looks like a wonderous setup, i don't enjoy such a luxury 3AM runs on I95 is risky business seeing as the city never sleeps, however it's nice to see a glimpse of what your seeing. I really would like to see what my buddies '91 miata would do out there, RB25DET with mild head work and a really nice GT28R twin scroll on it, i've seen mid 4th and that thing utterly scared the **** out of me. So much torque with just a small as body, I THANKED GOD for the NT-01s keeping that thing straight, i was fearing just boost wheelspin at 110+

110MPH in a lambo gallardo on a track day
132MPH in my mazdaspeed 6 (mazda6 MPS)

and i know it doesent count but i did 159MPH (according to the digital clock) on my old Triumph Daytona 675 (i miss that thing :( )

my uncles were both on r1's though and had no trouble carrying on getting away from me!

180MPH on a V-Max Motorcycle..................Outrunning a police car:scared:

155MPH(hit the speed limiter) driving 2002 BMW 740il

unless it was a turbo'd one i doubt that, v-twins will not go that fast

Last edited by a moderator:
Now had my license for over a year and since I've been on trips I can join this club :P

170 km/h in our 7-seater 199(3?) V6 Mitsubishi Pajero. Nothing special, but I still had a 1,000 RPM left before I'd hit redline and personally think that's surprisingly quick for such an old off roader. :)

XZAERO The V-max is a V4.

I did 181MPH on my GSXR 1000 k8 and spent the next 2 weeks crapping myself every time the postman arrived.

unless it was a turbo'd one i doubt that, v-twins will not go that fast

V-max is a 4 cylinder bike...
They've been a popular "mod" bike for years. Below is a quote from a dyno pull on a nearly stock one..

Having a full akrapovic exhaust, speed eliminator chip from fxstein, airbox mod plus K&N filter, AIS mod, plus power commander V as well as autotune (which proved useless), the bike put down just over 176hp and 113lbs/tq based on SAE dyno.

So yeah, HIGHLY possible.

XZAERO The V-max is a V4.

I did 181MPH on my GSXR 1000 k8 and spent the next 2 weeks crapping myself every time the postman arrived.

V-max is a 4 cylinder bike...
They've been a popular "mod" bike for years. Below is a quote from a dyno pull on a nearly stock one..

Having a full akrapovic exhaust, speed eliminator chip from fxstein, airbox mod plus K&N filter, AIS mod, plus power commander V as well as autotune (which proved useless), the bike put down just over 176hp and 113lbs/tq based on SAE dyno.

So yeah, HIGHLY possible.

AHHHH I didnt know it was a V4! the V and style of the bike always made it seem like a Twin to me!

apologies

:dunce:

Since this has been resurrected and I've had to delete a number of posts yet again, here's a reminder:

Jebus, how many frickin' times?

Tell us WHAT speed you did. Don't tell us WHERE you did it. We don't care and it's probably illegal which is against the AUP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back