Votes: 254 27.6%
  • 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I not too long ago finally put the metal down in the Lincoln town car and did 90mph...but had to slow down so I couldn't really "max" it out. :lol: stupid turns....

91 Miata - 93mph
89 Corolla - 80?

I don't really find much thrill anymore in high speeds, of course my cars take forever to get there and I don't really trust them above that, the corolla that is. Everything about the car is mush, from the suspension to the brakes to the steering. Seriously, it's a bit scary. :scared:

I know what you mean...The MR2 does not get up there in any reasonable time. Only had it going around 90 according to the speedo, which is reads around 5mph high in the 60mph area, so in all likelihood I was doing 80. :lol:

I have hit 120mph in two cars:

'82 Ford LTD Wagon
and
'04 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Wagon

Both started floating at 100 and had to shut it down at 120 because it felt like I was driving on air.

I have hit 120mph in two cars:

'82 Ford LTD Wagon
and
'04 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Wagon

Both started floating at 100 and had to shut it down at 120 because it felt like I was driving on air.

LTD Wagon.. geeeeeze, are you retarded??@!#@ :lol::lol::lol:

It was the only choice of car I had at the time and wanted to see how fast the new engine I had to put in it would go. Got out on the interstate with a friend and just floored it. I have to admit, not the smartest thing I have ever done in my life LOL.....fun times.

went 145 (didn't reach the 155 limiter becuase the highway got curvy........and thats not a good thing doing a buck 45) in my dads Saab 9-5 Aero......one time was enough to get the adrenaline pumping to cure the urge for hyper speed... probably wont be doing that type of speed again until i go Germany :P

It was the only choice of car I had at the time and wanted to see how fast the new engine I had to put in it would go. Got out on the interstate with a friend and just floored it. I have to admit, not the smartest thing I have ever done in my life LOL.....fun times.

Wait, what year was this engine transplant? I thought when an LTD wagon's engine went, it meant you left it on the side of the road somewhere & pretended it wasn't yours, cause it wasn't worth fixing. :P

Wait, what year was this engine transplant? I thought when an LTD wagon's engine went, it meant you left it on the side of the road somewhere & pretended it wasn't yours, cause it wasn't worth fixing. :P

Bought the car really cheap but the motor froze up after driving just a little bit...was sitting in lot WAY too long and hadn't been driven. Anyway, we took a 302 out of a 90s mustang 5.0 and put it in the wagon. Was fun to drive though :sly:

144 in my dads Mercedes W202 c180 1.8litre 4 banger ;p 125hp(crank) it took a while before we were at this speed :P. But it was fun. ps it was on german Autobahn

135 two different times, once in a supercharged MR2, the other in a 2005 Legacy GT Limited. I'm hoping to up that number soon when I buy my next car.

135 two different times, once in a supercharged MR2, the other in a 2005 Legacy GT Limited. I'm hoping to up that number soon when I buy my next car.

First gen MR2? Can't say I'd feel safe enough to do that unless it had a good splitter. :lol:

Bought the car really cheap but the motor froze up after driving just a little bit...was sitting in lot WAY too long and hadn't been driven. Anyway, we took a 302 out of a 90s mustang 5.0 and put it in the wagon. Was fun to drive though :sly:

Ahhh, so it wasn't stock. I was wondering how you got an LTD wagon to 120mph, haha.

First gen MR2? Can't say I'd feel safe enough to do that unless it had a good splitter. :lol:

Can't be thaat much worse than a stock 1st gen Miata with 190k on the clock/suspension? :P

LOL Ive seen it happen.

160mph in a 40 year old station wagon. obviously it had a few mods. the bonnet lookd like it was about to fly off haha.

i've done over 185mph more times than i remember on motorbikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back