Votes: 254 27.6%
  • 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where the hell in north Texas did you find a parking lot that you could do 50mph in....

To the topic, the TL has still seen 135, but it doesn't really feel that fast anymore. Other owners tend complain otherwise, but it's pretty well planted in contrast to some of the other cars I've been in. The BMW has only seen 90 & that's about it. Not really used as a speed toy.

(in an older, experienced, nonchalant voice) Yeah, did about 15 on my scooter the other day. Mom got mad and took it away. Man, these are the golden years.

(in an older, experienced, nonchalant voice) Yeah, did about 15 on my scooter the other day. Mom got mad and took it away. Man, these are the golden years.
Great reply dude :lol:

Too bad there's no poll option in it for you.

damn man, you guys are speed demons.... Fastest I've done was a hair over 90 in my dad's 3 series. He was next to me though so it's not like i was sneaking out with the car :)

I've had my license less than two years though, so if I get pulled over for doing 15+ over, i get my license pulled. So speeding is not something that I aim for.

...I've had my license less than two years though, so if I get pulled over for doing 15+ over, i get my license pulled. So speeding is not something that I aim for.

Wow, is that PA exclusive? If not I'm glad nobody enforced it when I had my first car, a '92 V6 MX-3! Within 2 years & 60k of ownership I think I'd bagged like 3 speeding tickets, one for 88 in a 65. Was doing muuch faster when I spied the cop way ahead of me in an unmarked car & let off the throttle. :dunce: That car marked my fastest speed yet as well, being an indicated 130mph. (and it was scary smooth up there, on perf. struts/stock springs alone) Oh yeah, with my intake/exhaust mods, that lil pocketrocket could manage 40mpg on long highway hauls too - MX-3's rock! Ok, I'll stfu. :P

~120mph with the top down. I was 17 and joyriding my parent's Volvo C70. :D

I've been known to hit triple digits in my Tacoma when driving out in the desert (but that's over; 2 moving violations in the last 11 months :scared:)

Many years ago, in my DC5R (Integra Type-R), i did a few spritied drives as well as some track days. The fastest i got was 220kmh (137.5Mph) down the straight at Phillip island.

However, ive topped that on 2 wheels using my Ninja ZX-6R and hit 250kmh (155Mph), and it still had more in it! The main difference was the urgency it hit that speed! You really need a beast of a car to do something similar to a bike and its feeling of acceleration.

150 km/h in a 15 year old Daewoo Tico if you know what car that is;) (speed meter ends at 160...). Also 160km/h as a driver in my prents car. 200km/h as a passenger in Renault Espace and 240km/h as a passenger on a Honda CBR 500 bike;)

210kmh in my First Car Golf III GTI
240kmh in my Brothers Audi 80 2.8 V6
260kmh on my Kawa
280kmh in my ex boss's AMG c32

everything Read on the speedo so maybe 10to30kmh minus was the real speed

Maybe Ive gone Faster As a passanger in any Car dunno Cause its nothin Special in Germany THx to our Autobahn XD

Last edited:
800px-Zwartegileracitta.jpg

I did a little under 70mph on a thingy like that when I was 16, without a helmet. 65cc monster of an engine revving at 14000rpm. :lol: Drove it for 2 weeks, brand new brakes burnt away like paper, and I sold it. Didn't want to kill myself.

Last edited:
i had a track day experience thing a few years ago (I was 16 i think), got to drive a ferarri 360
I saw 131 on the speedo at one point but could have reached a bit more

Sweet, I wanted to make last year's Miata track day @ Laguna but unfortunately plans fell through. Oh yeah, you didn't tell us what ya pegged at 120.. the Mustang in your avatar?

Yup :)

It's a wonderful track. The corkscrew is insane.

i had a track day experience thing a few years ago (I was 16 i think), got to drive a ferarri 360
I saw 131 on the speedo at one point but could have reached a bit more

Don't you have to be older than that?

Yup :)

It's a wonderful track. The corkscrew is insane.

Sweet - I can only imagine! I'm hoping to make it another year but will only have family out that direction for so long & sadly, may not get another chance. :( Would absolutely LOVE to get the 7 out, but would probably kill myself anyways. :P

thesrdic, what kind of connections do you have to get track time in a 360?? :boggled:

masonholmes
Sweet - I can only imagine! I'm hoping to make it another year but will only have family out that direction for so long & sadly, may not get another chance. :( Would absolutely LOVE to get the 7 out, but would probably kill myself anyways. :P

thesrdic, what kind of connections do you have to get track time in a 360?? :boggled:

I have had a few laps in a 360 too and am deciding whether to go for a GTR, a Gallardo, another Ferrari or a DB9. I saw 125 in the Fezza before the end of the straight (short track).

You can book track days through various companies. It is a lot of fun and well worth the money!

I have had a few laps in a 360 too...

You can book track days through various companies. It is a lot of fun and well worth the money!

Sweet, would love to have the resources to be making similar choices. 👍 Oh yeah, is Porsche not a contender? If I had the money for similar cars, I expect that's likely what I'd wind up in.

As for my comment to thesrdic about track time, I was more specifically meaning considering his age, (but forgot to mention it). The title of the thread does say your car, but until now I hadn't noticed that detail myself. :P

masonholmes
Sweet, would love to have the resources to be making similar choices. 👍

As for my comment to thesrdic about track time, I was more specifically meaning considering his age, (but forgot to mention it). The title of the thread does say your car, but until now I hadn't noticed that detail myself. :P

Exactly why I didn't mention my track day in the Ferrari in my first post actually, not my car! These days aren't too expensive though, £100 should do it for a nicer car, £50-80 for a lesser one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back