• 120-140 mph

Votes: 240 26.1%
  • 140+ mph (WHOA!)

Votes: 274 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think those things can barely do 120, let alone 135Mph. :lol:

I beg to differ, my '91 has seen indicated speeds of beyond 120 on multiple occasions. :scared: :P It did have one mod installed, a Borla catback. (it got swapped over to the '96 upon ownership/hence the "bone stock" in my sig)

driving myself i'd say it was prob about 110 or so

in other cars:
140+mph - Vauxhall Cavalier 4x4 Turbo
135-140mph - Audi S3 1.8 Turbo & Vauxhall Cavalier SRi 16v
120-130mph - shed loads of cars
100+mph - lost count lol

on another note about the Audi S3 1.8 Turbo, i was also it is when it was doing 115-120mph and lost control > massive powerslide > crash, bang & roll > car completely wrecked!

was in the above Cavalier 4x4 Turbo when it was crashed also.... fun times!

111mph downhill on the [*taps feet grumpily*] in my 1.2 2004 Clio.

Last edited by a moderator:
First gen MR2? Can't say I'd feel safe enough to do that unless it had a good splitter. :lol:

The front end felt SUPER light, but the *track* was arrow straight so I didn't have occasion to find out what would happen if I actually tried turning the wheel at that speed.

160 or so my speedo said in my Audi allroad. My god, it felt like I was doing 60 though I wouldn't believe it if I didn't look down at the speedo or hear all that wind noise at that speed. [I wont tell you where Famine!]

Last edited:
Don't really know but I guess about 135. Pegged the 130-mph speedometer in my 75 Dodge Dart Swinger back in the day. It had a 318 with a 360 intake and a Carter 4-bbl...

Scary as hell b/c that car had a soft suspension and it felt like I was on the razor's edge once it hit about 120. Boy I did some stupid sh** back then. :)

It's not a car (actually haven't hit above 90 in a car, that might change upon my stay in Germany) but I recently broke 100 in a boat. And how did this happen? While sitting in the bow, with safety protection amounting to sunglasses. And it was amazing.

Don't have a license, so when I was learning in a parking lot, I managed to go into 5th gear by accident, going to about 50mph. Just to clarify it was empty.

I did 140+ on many occasions.

140mph in an E-type Jaguar convertible with the top down, in the middle of winter :lol:
Close to 180 in a bi-turbo Vw R32 on the autobahn.

And the finest of them all was : tapping 200mph in a highly tuned Mercedes SL600.
That was awesome.

And in my own car? 120mph in a 1.6 16v Daihatsu :lol:

172 Miles (measured with an GPS) in my dad's Merc the only thing that is diffrent from driving at 70 miles an hour is the sound of the wind and the smell of the tires when you stop and get out of the car.

160 or so my speedo said in my Audi allroad. My god, it felt like I was doing 60 though I wouldn't believe it if I didn't look down at the speedo or hear all that wind noise at that speed. [I wont tell you where Famine!]

Top speed for those is 144, I'd get your speedo checked if I were you :boggled:

Indicated 123mph in my old car, a 68bhp Skoda Fabia. Was slightly downhill and I estimate it was hitting 110 (max speed is 103, so speedo looses a lot of accuracy up there).

I also hit 130 indicated in my dads car (also a skoda, but a 105 tdi). That was in Germany on an empty autobahn one sunny day a few years ago. Car was packed full of stuff too.

I haven't taken my current car beyond 100 yet, would love to try it to max it (about 130mph) one day but I'm far too sensible to do what I used to. Plus with the price of fuel these days, I'm not sure I could afford it.

clicked a 130 Kp/h which is impressive considering I am not old enough to have a lisence :D

Was at a Laguna Seca track day (it was legal so I don't have to censor it, right?)

The speedo pegs at 120.

Was at a Laguna Seca track day (it was legal so I don't have to censor it, right?)

The speedo pegs at 120.

Sweet, I wanted to make last year's Miata track day @ Laguna but unfortunately plans fell through. Oh yeah, you didn't tell us what ya pegged at 120.. the Mustang in your avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back