Ferrari F1 World Championship Season3/Congratulation Guys!!

ABS Banned or ABS1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumors are true. Tire wear is much more realistic in terms of degradation.

But it says in the post "formula cars not included". I thought that meant the tire wear will be the same for us? I hope not. Tires should last a lot longer, but I also hope softs are not the best choice anymore. In long races they shouldn't be

hey guys ive started a new league for the caterham 7 fireblade. if u would like to join pls post in the thread (Mid-week Caterham Racing league)

Hey guys, just did some quick 2.07 vs 2.08 testing with a race tuned full down force F10. With the update the F10 is 2.4 mph slower top speed but about .1 quicker 0-100. During the top speed test my F10 was bouncing off the rev limiter early with 2.07 but could not pull to the limiter in 2.08.

For anyone who cares, a race tuned (for indy road) full downforce x2011 lost 28 mph and the x2010 lost 24 mph.

Obviously serious retuning is required.

I went to Monza, I could hit 217mph with minimum downforce, and only 192mph with full downforce but my lap times were still faster with full downforce. Maybe there's another setting that's most advantageous besides max downforce because nobody runs full downforce at monza in real life

I vote
Rome:1
SSR5:4
Laguna Seca:1 000 000 000

Just Kidding:
I vote
Laguna Seca:2

People, please just copy the last updated vote and add yours instead of just stating which track you want, it makes it easier to see the votes. I have already added Dahlzi's vote for SSR5 before i added mine for Laguna.

I vote for laguna and rome if i can? if just one then rome

:scared: I dont know now how many votes for the tracks now.
Exactly my point.
Edit - I think people must just vote once, otherwise everyone who has voted so far is gonna go back and vote for a second track. OR you can get a smart 🤬 like me who will say instead of voting for a 2nd track, i'd like my 2 votes to go towards Laguna :lol: see how complicated it starts to get.

Last edited:
I was wondering if someone would have that reaction. It does kind of build up the excitment and then end.

My vote (Laguna Seca)

I vote
Laguna Seca:3

I think I was the last guy to vote. Above tally should be correct.

2 votes per person?

Guys this is from the news page in one of the posts. Tyres are unaffected acording to this.

Rate of tire wear in endurance races has been slowed (excluding formula cars).
Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.

If thats true then we only have to worry about the 'air resistance change'

Thats only what was reported to GTP people have been testing 2.07-2.08 and have noticed diffrences in online tire ware so PD hasnt told us everything.
Also im hearing that tire noice the sqeal to be presice may have been alterd.

I think there is an difference at rome after the update. when you are spinning and sliding at the "rocks" (not the asfalt, but the other surface) it makes a different noise.
try by yourself

I'm voting for Rome. There, I voted for Rome, not Romney, nor Obama, just good old Rome.

Hey guys, just did some quick 2.07 vs 2.08 testing with a race tuned full down force F10. With the update the F10 is 2.4 mph slower top speed but about .1 quicker 0-100. During the top speed test my F10 was bouncing off the rev limiter early with 2.07 but could not pull to the limiter in 2.08.

For anyone who cares, a race tuned (for indy road) full downforce x2011 lost 28 mph and the x2010 lost 24 mph.

Obviously serious retuning is required.

WOW! I here in the Nascars we wont be having to worry about tires so much....should be a real game changer. Before in the Nascars the tires would really go away causing distinct long duration setups versus short sprint runs. Now the ideal short duration may be close to the endurance run setup.

I went to Monza, I could hit 217mph with minimum downforce, and only 192mph with full downforce but my lap times were still faster with full downforce. Maybe there's another setting that's most advantageous besides max downforce because nobody runs full downforce at monza in real life

I'm sure there are multiple reasons for this, but I suspect the risk of crashing or death has something to do with it. You're more likely to go balls to the wall into a turn in a game where you aren't fearful of wrecking the car or dying. Consistency without being on the lethal limit is more important in real life. That and they have large teams of the world's best engineers putting together the setup so they can have a stable car with less downforce. Including setup options we don't have access to in GT5. Just a guess but that's my guess.

IMMORTALPILOT
Joe join our league again pls.

I would enjoy racing with you guys again but weekends have been busy all summer and it's not slowing down for another 2 weeks. I think I mentioned before that I have 3 kids in competitive soccer and 1 starting hockey. Evenings are the only chance I currently have for racing. Will look ar it after Canadian Thanksgiving weekend and hopefully I can still join.

That first season was awesome and I do need to get back.

On another note, did a race today with the F2007 and it felt horrible, very arcade like and not a pleasure to drive at all. Hopefully the F10 still feels like a real car.

I would enjoy racing with you guys again but weekends have been busy all summer and it's not slowing down for another 2 weeks. I think I mentioned before that I have 3 kids in competitive soccer and 1 starting hockey. Evenings are the only chance I currently have for racing. Will look ar it after Canadian Thanksgiving weekend and hopefully I can still join.

That first season was awesome and I do need to get back.

On another note, did a race today with the F2007 and it felt horrible, very arcade like and not a pleasure to drive at all. Hopefully the F10 still feels like a real car.

join my league m8 we race on wednesday night

I got a black screen with the GT5 logo while exiting the pits and it wouldnt go away and then it froze after a minute so imma be lazy and not race. :sly:

On another note sometime before the years out im pretty set on buying a Fanatec wheel

Good practise guys.
Dont forget tomorrow our 100 lap practise race in rome with setup.

Wilso buy a G27 with Playseat Evolution.

I'm sure there are multiple reasons for this, but I suspect the risk of crashing or death has something to do with it. You're more likely to go balls to the wall into a turn in a game where you aren't fearful of wrecking the car or dying. Consistency without being on the lethal limit is more important in real life. That and they have large teams of the world's best engineers putting together the setup so they can have a stable car with less downforce. Including setup options we don't have access to in GT5. Just a guess but that's my guess.

I actually was only comparing my lap times with full downforce to minimum downforce, not real life. In real life they use minimum or at least minumal downforce and get much better times, but I still got better times with max downforce. Either GT5 still isn't accurate or maybe there's a setting in between that will work better than max downforce on monza.

Also, I don't actually agree with that whole "lack of fear" thing. Maybe in some cases but in others I actually think the opposite. The lack of input we get from just a FFB wheel is a huge disconnect from the car. Personally, I'm a lot faster in the real than any sim because of it. Fear is a factor in the real of course, you can't experiment as much or push yourself as much but I also think the lack of fear in sims is trumped by the lack of feel for the car. At least it's that way for me and in my experiences in the real

Yes you guys should.

I had FUN just practicing unlike the Ferrari's.

Jumped into practice and immediately was a good bit faster than killa :sly:

Londons an epic fun street course.

I'm sorry? Never driven a Caterham in London before, what're you on about? :boggled:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back