Ferrari F1 World Championship Season3/Congratulation Guys!!

ABS Banned or ABS1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry? Never driven a Caterham in London before, what're you on about? :boggled:
tuned car has alot of torque but untuned is slow to start but very fun to drive
it's great fun mate it will be a great series once I get more people right now only kuanza. Wilso please post on the OP if your joining and follow template please

PSN name:
GTP name:
driving equipment:
Team:
and if you would like to create a team and be team captain post what color your teams cars will be

:lol: Welcome to :gtplanet:

yeah he got me for saying m8 instead of mate and I'll probably get moderated for this too.

SOILED IT!!!

picture.php

I actually was only comparing my lap times with full downforce to minimum downforce, not real life. In real life they use minimum or at least minumal downforce and get much better times, but I still got better times with max downforce. Either GT5 still isn't accurate or maybe there's a setting in between that will work better than max downforce on monza.

Also, I don't actually agree with that whole "lack of fear" thing. Maybe in some cases but in others I actually think the opposite. The lack of input we get from just a FFB wheel is a huge disconnect from the car. Personally, I'm a lot faster in the real than any sim because of it. Fear is a factor in the real of course, you can't experiment as much or push yourself as much but I also think the lack of fear in sims is trumped by the lack of feel for the car. At least it's that way for me and in my experiences in the real

Could be you make great points. As good as GT5 is as a sim the hardest thing to simulate is airflow. Fluid dynamics, relatively speaking, is still voodoo even to top engineers. Adrian Newey is known for being able to "see" the way the air flows around a car. But think of all the millions spent on windtunnel testing developing parts for F1 only to take them on the track and find out they don't work well. If you notice in the settings there's only high and low settings for slipstream, no "real" setting like there is for track grip. If you used a PS3 solely for simulating fluid dynamics and nothing else it would likely still be well off reality. It's like predicting the weather, some of the the biggest most powerful supercomputers in the world are used for predicting the weather and look at the margin of error there! (BTW climate is different than weather, they're pretty good at predicting climate - but I digress...)

TL;DR: GT5 is inaccurate.

Even IMMORTAL gets moderated for that... so... well, they'll give you slap on the wrists and a "don't do it again!" for now...

Could be you make great points. As good as GT5 is as a sim the hardest thing to simulate is airflow. Fluid dynamics, relatively speaking, is still voodoo even to top engineers. Adrian Newey is known for being able to "see" the way the air flows around a car. But think of all the millions spent on windtunnel testing developing parts for F1 only to take them on the track and find out they don't work well. If you notice in the settings there's only high and low settings for slipstream, no "real" setting like there is for track grip. If you used a PS3 solely for simulating fluid dynamics and nothing else it would likely still be well off reality. It's like predicting the weather, some of the the biggest most powerful supercomputers in the world are used for predicting the weather and look at the margin of error there! (BTW climate is different than weather, they're pretty good at predicting climate - but I digress...)

the reason why a lot of ideas are scrapped for f1 cars is because when your car is in a wind tunnel like the one you see the X2011 prototype in on the main menu it is not moving that is why wind tunnels can be inaccurate. On the track the air is flow over your car changes when you turn. that is why people have developed rolling road wind tunnels that change direction to simulate turning in a corner

heres a link to a facility with this technology

http://www.windshearinc.com/services/services_rolling_road.htm#Services

the reason why a lot of ideas are scrapped for f1 cars is because when your car is in a wind tunnel like the one you see the X2011 prototype in on the main menu it is not moving that is why wind tunnels can be inaccurate. On the track the air is flow over your car changes when you turn. that is why people have developed rolling road wind tunnels that change direction to simulate turning in a corner

heres a link to a facility with this technology

http://www.windshearinc.com/services/services_rolling_road.htm#Services

Learned something new today, thanks! To my knowledge F1 doesn't use this technology.

There is no real setting for track grip, that setting's for off track grip and grip in the rain. And actually, because of the stupid built driver aid that kicks in whenever even a single tire goes in the grass, setting it to real actually makes it less realistic when you go off the track. That driver aid limits speed far too severely. It's funny, netkar pro and iracing are more difficult to drive on the tarmac but if you go off track, it's ridiculously easy to get back on if you're used to GT5 lol

There is no real setting for track grip, that setting's for off track grip and grip in the rain. And actually, because of the stupid built driver aid that kicks in whenever even a single tire goes in the grass, setting it to real actually makes it less realistic when you go off the track. That driver aid limits speed far too severely. It's funny, netkar pro and iracing are more difficult to drive on the tarmac but if you go off track, it's ridiculously easy to get back on if you're used to GT5 lol

That setting is for real track grip, meaning if you're on the racing line you'll have more grip, if you're off the racing line you'll have less grip, and in the rain you'll have less grip on the racing line. It also does the stuff you mentioned off track but it most certainly applies to the track as well without a doubt. If you turn it off you'll have the same grip no matter if you're on the racing line or not.

Last Pre Season World Championship Race Rome 100 Laps
20:00 UTC - Free Practice (optional)
21:00 UTC - Qualifying (if you miss the end of qualifying you can start from the back)
21:30 UTC - Actual Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back