Ferrari F1 World Championship Season3/Congratulation Guys!!

ABS Banned or ABS1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so since no one responded to my first post about this, I have to ask, am I the only person who has a problem with the 3 minute race delay at the end of every race?

Mainly the problem being for anyone that's a lap down, having to deal with non-ghosted cars that are slowly driving on the racing line. We all know it, if you finish a race, the AI takes control of the car, and goes 20mph, and basically becomes a huge obstacle. Am I to understand the back of the field is just supposed to deal with it and possibly lose position due to having to avoid those cars because no one else cares until they're in that situation?

Not only is it an unfair hazard but it's not how it's done in real f1 even if the finished cars were ghosted

You are not the only one. The finish delay should be set as close as possible to the average lap time, there's no need to have 3 minutes.
In reality when the checkers fly the race is over.

So what do you guys suggest then, because from my point of view, when i do get lapped, i can see IMMORTAL's car from a quite a distance so i don't bump him.
A few weeks ago people had no time to look in their mirrors on the street circuits for the lapping cars and now people cant look forwards for cars that have finished the race???
That's just my 2 cents, everybody is allowed to have an opinion so that we can all be happy. If it were up to me, IMMORTAL should give up his seat if we have a full room :sly:

On a separate Note, i tested the new Update on the F'10, all i can say is wow. Here are the few things that i noticed, that might not feel the same for everyone:
The F'10 feels like it has more downforce, i can get on the throttle much earlier and very fer spins (kinda like F2007)
  • Its much harder to get to top speed if you have maximum downforce.
  • Tyre consumption is a lot better, i find it to be even on both front and rear (on the Normal setting)
  • I used to lock up at the Dunlop hairpin with no ABS but now i take it in 4th gear with almost full throttle, before it was 3rd with my eyes closed, also on the S's at Suzuka its almost full throttle, just like the F2007

So in other words its looking really good for those who like to tweak.

Last edited:
So what do you guys suggest then, because from my point of view, when i do get lapped, i can see IMMORTAL's car from a quite a distance so i don't bump him.
A few weeks ago people had no time to look in their mirrors on the street circuits for the lapping cars and now people cant look forwards for cars that have finished the race???
That's just my 2 cents, everybody is allowed to have an opinion so that we can all be happy. If it were up to me, IMMORTAL should give up his seat if we have a full room :sly:

We can see him to, that's not the point at all. The point is what if he's at an odd spot in the corner where there's no way you can pass him without losing a ton of time? That's not fair is it. Even worse, what if you're fighting for position with someone and a whole train of finished cars is sitting on the race line? at monaco?

So if your question was whether it is a problem to avoid those cars I hope I've answered it. The main point is just because no one complains until they're in that situation doesn't mean they should be put in that situation.

Plus ending the race like real F1 would be a good thing in my opinion, even if the cars weren't in the way.

We can see him to, that's not the point at all. The point is what if he's at an odd spot in the corner where there's no way you can pass him without losing a ton of time? That's not fair is it. Even worse, what if you're fighting for position with someone and a whole train of finished cars is sitting on the race line? at monaco?

So if your question was whether it is a problem to avoid those cars I hope I've answered it. The main point is just because no one complains until they're in that situation doesn't mean they should be put in that situation.

Plus ending the race like real F1 would be a good thing in my opinion, even if the cars weren't in the way.

I can't tell you how many times I've had my end of the race screwed by that stupid GT auto-pilot when you finish. On the line at 40mph, what were they thinking?! I think the race timer should be set for the average lap time.

What's your top speeds at Monza?

• 198 MPH before hitting the brakes on the 100 Meters Board. No draft Online lobby.
  • 217 MP/H Max Speed (All other gears default)
  • Lap time 1:23.122
  • More importantly, no chicanes cut and Full Tank with Full Tyres (1st Flying lap after outlap)
  • No ABS, Racing Soft Tyres
  • After 6 beers (275ml of Kronenbourg)
  • Set-up, i'll have to kill you.
Hope it helps

Last edited:
Your result's Art are pretty much the way I felt it lastnight.

I felt more understeer actually which i think is due to the fact the rear feels more stable .
I had a full hour driving lastnight at Monza and was tunning the car to be more unstable untill i found a limit i could drive comfortably on.
My best time on high fuel after near 2-3 laps out was just 1 second slower than yours.

• 198 MPH before hitting the brakes on the 100 Meters Board. No draft Online lobby.
  • More importantly, no chicanes cut and Full Tank with Full Tyres (1st Flying lap after outlap)
Hope it helps

Intresting m8 you think its possible to drive new Track Records? or you think its no more possible?

Intresting m8 you think its possible to drive new Track Records? or you think its no more possible?

You drive on the limit, and the new update limits your straightline speed. If you're on the limit, it's not possible to get any faster without overdriving your car. If you're on the limit before the update, the update now restricts your straightline speed, so you'll only lose time since you're driving similarly in the corners.

In short - No. Maybe in Monaco or Madrid, but not in other tracks.

I can't tell you how many times I've had my end of the race screwed by that stupid GT auto-pilot when you finish. On the line at 40mph, what were they thinking?! I think the race timer should be set for the average lap time.

Well I'm glad somebody from the top half of the field is supportive of a change. The GT autopilot just isn't fair for anyone to deal with, and the majority of us finish at least a lap behind Immortal.

I really think it should be changed. What happens if someone gets completely screwed and loses a position because of bad timing with these autopilots? Is the position going to be reversed? Well that isn't fair either. Point is, it's unfair to anyone that's a lap down from cars that finish, and I think at the very least this league should be fair for everyone

In short - No. Maybe in Monaco or Madrid, but not in other tracks.

I think its possable but overall going faster i'd give you a 40% chance of improving , with lower downforce and setup changes to make the best of the lower downforce you should be able to get in the area of your previous time's.

Here are my videos from the Spa race. Still processing at the time of posting.

Here are the clips from Twitch for those who can't wait.

http://www.twitch.tv/yorkshirepudding/c/1726574

http://www.twitch.tv/yorkshirepudding/c/1726576

And Id like to say thanks again to IMMO for restarting. Guys if I get a blackscreen again (or anyone for that matter) and its getting a bit late, then don't do a restart. Just drive. I love driving these cars in this field but sometimes race starts are a bit late. We didn't finnish till 1am UK time if im correct.

Hope it helps

198 before you hit the brakes? 217 is your top speed? I dont get it.
Edit: I get it =)

Anyway, Im in the 1:25s so maybe it'll be a fun race

Last edited:
Sorry for double post. My phone was on the second page

I think the timer should be lowered. I was a few laps down in one of the recent races but thanks to the timer, I finished on the lead lap.

Also the computer does not know how to drive. It swerves the car back and forth from one side of the track and the other. I think its a major problem to race with slow cars on track. Its obviously a problem if in real life you have to meet a required speed

And YES people can obviously see a car ahead of them because that is the direction of the track. People don't always have a chance to look behind them. And you can't expect everyone to always do what you want

Last edited:
I think it is, you just need to tune your car for best Downforce and gear ratios, with Max Downforce you are faster in corners but slower on the straight. I however prefer to be 0.5 secs slower per lap in a stable car than to be 0.5 faster and have a twitchy car on every corner.

I felt more understeer actually which i think is due to the fact the rear feels more stable .
I had a full hour driving lastnight at Monza and was tunning the car to be more unstable untill i found a limit i could drive comfortably on.
My best time on high fuel after near 2-3 laps out was just 1 second slower than yours.
How many beers had you had WiLso?? we need and exact comparison.

198 before you hit the brakes? 217 is your top speed? I dont get it.

Anyway, Im in the 1:25s so maybe it'll be a fun race
Its the setting in the transmission, the one that you change so that you can draft(Please don't tell me you leave this on default). Obviously if you put 199MP/H as your Max Gear, you will only get to 195MP/H and hit the limiter. I also meant the 100Meter board on the main straight after the start finish line (At Monza in case you were on a different track :sly:) also you might go flat out on the 1st chicane, i prefer to brake at 100Meters and i also noticed before i was braking at the 150Meter board with a little lock-up, now no lock-up and braking 50 Meters later.

And YES people can obviously see a car ahead of them because that is the direction of the track. People don't always have a chance to look behind them. And you can't expect everyone to always do what you want
Why are you so defensive on this :sly:

On a separate note, with regards to the time delay, at least some of you now know what its like when the leaders are lapping slower cars :D

Any other suggestions on the time delay people?? So far only 3 have issues with it, we need everyone else's opinion, and maybe we can have a poll.

Last edited:
Any other suggestions on the time delay people?? So far only 3 have issues with it, we need everyone else's opinion, and maybe we can have a poll.

keep the time delay. I want to now how fare behind I am finishing

Its the setting in the transmission, the one that you change so that you can draft(Please don't tell me you leave this on default). Obviously if you put 199MP/H as your Max Gear, you will only get to 195MP/H and hit the limiter. I also meant the 100Meter board on the main straight after the start finish line (At Monza in case you were on a different track :sly:) also you might go flat out on the 1st chicane, i prefer to brake at 100Meters and i also noticed before i was braking at the 150Meter board with a little lock-up, now no lock-up and braking 50 Meters later.
👎

I think the timer should be lowered. I was a few laps down in one of the recent races but thanks to the timer, I finished on the lead lap.

Also the computer does not know how to drive. It swerves the car back and forth from one side of the track and the other. I think its a major problem to race with slow cars on track. Its obviously a problem if in real life you have to meet a required speed

As I've mentioned before, I have mixed emmotions about this. Ultimately when Immortal crosses the line P1 (let's be honest here) the race would be over for anyone who has been lapped, in the real world. That said, like Dahlzi, I want to finish.

If I remember correctly I passed Immortal driving 40mph at Eau Rouge. That's a bad place for that to happen, and if I was closer to Gazzi or GT_b? closer to me it could have been a problem. I guess I'm leaning to set the timer as close to an average lap time as possible, but will survive if it doesn't get set that way.

Pablo is there a video of your GT5 Formula Car Spa Time Trial World Record?

Edit: Nevermind, found it a minute after this post.

So this comment isn't a complete waste of space I went on the internet and found this, Art: http://i.imgur.com/eWRy0.jpg

Last edited:
Pablo is there a video of your GT5 Formula Car Spa Time Trial World Record?

Edit: Nevermind, found it a minute after this post.

So this comment isn't a complete waste of space I went on the internet and found this, Art: http://i.imgur.com/eWRy0.jpg
Can you believe that guy is our Mayor, he wouldn't know what to do if we had a storm coming our way, hell we don't even understand him when he talks and always seems confused.

Endless-Wilso

The F10 feels so different to me now. That and my steering wheel feels heavier. I've always run ffb on 10 with the dfgt, but now after the update it seems like it is even heavier. Also, there is less warning in the steering wheel when something is going bad. Like during a lock up it sends the tail out quickly with no noticeable warning. Am I imagining things?

Interesting to hear your feedback Tool.

That's kinda what I was expecting from a wheel user saying its heavy and for me on a DS3 I feel more high speed understeer.
However though i felt like there was more feedback from the car.

Any G27 users want to chime in ?
Immortal?

Many years ago, I fratured my right elbow when I crashed my BMX. This week I've been doing some handyman jobs and kinda overdone it with the lifting and now its hurting bad. I wonder what its like to drive while dosed up on Co-codamol (painkillers). We will see on sunday. Posting now saying I might not race due to pain, so any guests can join. Thats not a defo, im 50/50.

Not played after the new update so cant judge for myself how the car is gunna be. But interesting comments lads. Keep 'em coming.

Yes Wilso its a bit like alonso have say.

Also, there is less warning in the steering wheel when something is going bad. Like during a lock up it sends the tail out quickly with no noticeable warning.

Also, there is less warning in the steering wheel when something is going bad. Like during a lock up it sends the tail out quickly with no noticeable warning.

I only did a few laps at Monza in online practice, but I definitely felt the difference. I thought I was nuts, but it appears not so much. So far, I'm not a fan of this update at all. It just locks up and spins with no FFB warning. Very disappointing for something that was working just fine for so long. Does this have to do with equaling the physics online vs offline practice? I don't remember offline practice feeling this way.

It's like the wheel is heavier and numb with less useable feedback to avoid disaster. Not a good combo.

I tried a new video editing experiment. No commentary or frills, but this one took me <6hrs to make. The last Spa video took over 100hrs (intro, exit, included). BTW it's been watched less than 100hrs total; so that's a little depressing. Watch it again for old times sake.

I'm sure I missed a ton of action in this Spa video, but this method is hard to catch it all. And that delay between some changes borders 4s at times; it's painful. Basically I captured the main video with PS3 controller in hand. Then added a Dahlzi view mixed with my view in the PIP. I could probably do a race video like this in 4-5hrs at best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HBmp4PvVGQ

Last edited:

errr.....
oh_crap1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back