Ferrari F1 World Championship Season3/Congratulation Guys!!

ABS Banned or ABS1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good practise Race Guys.

Very nice Video Alonso can you make this for every Race?
The Video dont work in the moment on youtube work it later?

Very good practise Race Guys.

Very nice Video Alonso can you make this for every Race?
The Video dont work in the moment on youtube work it later?

How did I know you'd ask that. I can do a few, if I were to guess I'll likely try about half of them. I'm working on Fuji now. 6 hours is still a lot of time to commit, but we'll see. Like I've said before, if I'm editing video then I'm not practicing.

The video should have been working fine. Has been working for me since about 5 hrs ago.

Last edited:
I opened my keyboard today after spilling beer all over it last time. i need someone who has done electronics to help me out, i did do a bit of it at Uni but i remember that the contacts are supposed to be copper not plastic, please help, here's a pic:
20121109154.jpg

There are loads of boffins on this thread and i know with your help i can get this fixed ASAP, i'm tired of typing with D-Pad because it takes much longer, and you all know how i like to chat :D

Each of those dots is a contact patch for a rubber pad and a copper patch. If you can separate the film and clean the contact spots with warm (not hot) water - use a soft cloth - you will probably get the funtionality back.
However, if you somehow got liquid on the little circuit board in the top left you may be out of luck. But a good gentle cleaning of eveything may fix that too.
Make sure everything is completely dry before re-assembling the kb. A hair dryer on low can speed that up.

Edit: use q-tips with warm water to clean the rubber dots too.

Last edited:
I used some paper towels and a damp cloth, still not working. I have extended care so they'll send me another one tomorrow. I also break things intentionally after a year and they replace the whole thing, bought PC in 2008 and have had 3 new ones already :D (fight the power)

I opened my keyboard today after spilling beer all over it last time. i need someone who has done electronics to help me out, i did do a bit of it at Uni but i remember that the contacts are supposed to be copper not plastic, please help, here's a pic:
There are loads of boffins on this thread and i know with your help i can get this fixed ASAP, i'm tired of typing with D-Pad because it takes much longer, and you all know how i like to chat :D

Not seeing a ton of "water" damage on it, but it's hard to tell. A diluted mixture of Rubbing alcohol (70% alc. or so. Don't drink it!!!) sprayed on a rag/paper towel and wiped over the contacts may help. You likely did permanent damage with a brief short circuit or something on the IC chip or other parts towards the top of the photo.

I have experienced a "similar" situation with a keyboard.

When I finished my senior project and effectively graduated, my project group and I got seriously bombed at the local bars. I had 24 hr access to the GVSU Engineering building in downtown Grand Rapids. So I decided to sleep off my massive drunk state at a computer in the mezzanine. There was another guy in there working on something pretty late into the night.

At some point I woke up and hurled all over the keyboard. Tried to redirect it, but it was unsuccessful. It was full on liquid, semi-chunk spewage. Quickly I turned it upside down, and shook out the mess. Then figured I wasn't done yackin' so I ran and almost made it to the stall. Made a mess there too.

Anyway, when I came back I rinsed the keyboard out with a sprinkle from my water bottle. Shook it out again and proceed to dry it out with paper towels. Some how the other guy never saw any of this. I was inclined to tell my fellow students the next day that I hurled in one of the keyboards upstairs. Didn't tell them which one; so that was fun. As far as I knew it worked into the future and well past my graduation. I guess my point is they don't make them like they used to.

Oh yeah, my second point is alcohol is evil poison.

Last edited:
At some point I woke up and hurled all over the keyboard. Tried to redirect it, but it was unsuccessful. It was full on liquid, semi-chunk spewage. Quickly I turned it upside down, and shook out the mess. Then figured I wasn't done yackin' so I ran and almost made it to the stall. Made a mess there too.

:cheers: LMAO best story ever 👍

But i feels sorry for the next person to use that board :crazy:

I think it is, you just need to tune your car for best Downforce and gear ratios, with Max Downforce you are faster in corners but slower on the straight. I however prefer to be 0.5 secs slower per lap in a stable car than to be 0.5 faster and have a twitchy car on every corner.

How many beers had you had WiLso?? we need and exact comparison.

Its the setting in the transmission, the one that you change so that you can draft(Please don't tell me you leave this on default). Obviously if you put 199MP/H as your Max Gear, you will only get to 195MP/H and hit the limiter. I also meant the 100Meter board on the main straight after the start finish line (At Monza in case you were on a different track :sly:) also you might go flat out on the 1st chicane, i prefer to brake at 100Meters and i also noticed before i was braking at the 150Meter board with a little lock-up, now no lock-up and braking 50 Meters later.

Why are you so defensive on this :sly:

On a separate note, with regards to the time delay, at least some of you now know what its like when the leaders are lapping slower cars :D

Any other suggestions on the time delay people?? So far only 3 have issues with it, we need everyone else's opinion, and maybe we can have a poll.

I have a solution that will satisfy everyone (hopefully).

How about we keep the maximum race delay so everyone can try to finish, BUT, the official results are called on the lap in which Immortal finishes. So it will be like real F1 except we will all keep driving until the race delay runs out of time.

That way, nobody has to deal with slow AI cars costing them a position, because their position and race time is locked in when they finish their lap after Immortal finished his race, but they can still try to complete the race within the 180sec race delay.

As for penalties, anyone receiving a penalty will receive a penalty based on their race time on the "final" race lap and not when the race delay ends.

That way we don't have to change the race delay but it will be fair for cars that are a lap down because they're position will be locked in when they finish the lap after Immortal finishes his race.

I think that's fair, and if you guys want help calculating penalty times I can help out

How about we keep the maximum race delay so everyone can try to finish, BUT, the official results are called on the lap in which Immortal finishes. So it will be like real F1 except we will all keep driving until the race delay runs out of time.

That way, nobody has to deal with slow AI cars costing them a position, because their position and race time is locked in when they finish their lap after Immortal finished his race, but they can still try to complete the race within the 180sec race delay.

As for penalties, anyone receiving a penalty will receive a penalty based on their race time on the "final" race lap and not when the race delay ends.

That way we don't have to change the race delay but it will be fair for cars that are a lap down because they're position will be locked in when they finish the lap after Immortal finishes his race.

I think that's fair, and if you guys want help calculating penalty times I can help out

Not going to get me on this idea. I've gained two positions on the last lap twice this season and likely wouldn't of if we went this route. Granted if we lower the timer, same result. I think you're current proposal over complicates things; I liked the avg lap time, timer better.

When I say I want to finish; I mean I want a strong finish and the guy in front of me to have a weak one so I come out ahead. Any last minute luck or skill. I want it to mean something.

although it really doesn't matter to me anymore I like this but like alonso said its complicated. It would be much easier to lower the race finish delay to where everyone can finish the lap that there on so no AI get in the way. Basically when Immo finishes his last lap that is everyone's last lap and they have until they cross the finish line to battle it out for a position. it's only fair and is how racing in real life works.

Not going to get me on this idea. I've gained two positions on the last lap twice this season and likely wouldn't of if we went this route. Granted if we lower the timer, same result. I think you're current proposal over complicates things; I liked the avg lap time, timer better.

When I say I want to finish; I mean I want a strong finish and the guy in front of me to have a weak one so I come out ahead. Any last minute luck or skill. I want it to mean something.

I don't see how it complicates things. It's simple, we get the message that tells us when Immortal's on his final lap, and when the race timer starts, obviously we know Immortal has finished. It's not rocket science, you'll still have plenty of indication when you're on your last laps. There's no reason you can't still go for that strong finish

When I've raced in other endurance races this is how they did it, this is how they do it in iracing except there's no timer.

If we're going to make a change I think it should be a realistic change, not one that's still based on a race timer instead of when we cross the finish line.

The length of the race timer doesn't matter as long as we have time to finish the lap we're on.

Last edited:
although it really doesn't matter to me anymore I like this but like alonso said its complicated. It would be much easier to lower the race finish delay to where everyone can finish the lap that there on so no AI get in the way. Basically when Immo finishes his last lap that is everyone's last lap and they have until they cross the finish line to battle it out for a position. it's only fair and is how racing in real life works.

Maybe I didn't explain it clearly but that's exactly what my solution is.

The only difference is we keep the race timer at 180 seconds.

The solution is once the race timer starts we all know Immortal is finished, and we all are made aware that we are on our last lap. The race timer starting is like a white flag.

Not to mention, we also have the message that says when Immortal starts his final lap. Eitherway it's simple and there's more than enough warning when our race will be ending

New toy for you Pablo: http://i.imgur.com/7iNl3.jpg

http://www.playseat.com/en/playseat-rbr-1-seat

Edit:

I opened my keyboard today after spilling beer all over it last time. i need someone who has done electronics to help me out, i did do a bit of it at Uni but i remember that the contacts are supposed to be copper not plastic, please help, here's a pic: There are loads of boffins on this thread and i know with your help i can get this fixed ASAP, i'm tired of typing with D-Pad because it takes much longer, and you all know how i like to chat :D

Just saw this comment art... this is going to sound crazy but just trust me on this (you can google it yourself). The old geek trick to fixing a sticky/dirty keyboard is to stick it in the dishwasher (with no soap). It might take a day or two, maybe three, to fully dry and work again but dishwasher will fix it like new - rice, hairdryer, or those silicon packs will help it dry faster. I wash my wireless keyboards once a year. One caveat though... DO NOT PUT IT ON HEATED DRY. You'll melt it.

Edit 2: Like this m8, the article says if you use heated dry put it on top rack... I wouldn't do heated dry at all it's too dangerous IMO, http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Keyboard-in-a-Dishwasher

Last edited:
Can we start penalizing the idiots who are stopped on the grid at the start of the race? Getting real sick of that happening.

I haven't played gt5 in two months and I'm using a projector I can barely see on... that said I just got my wheel back from my friend so if anyone wants to race against an admittedly rusty mediocre driver I'll be on in about 15 minutes. :dunce:

New toy for you Pablo: http://i.imgur.com/7iNl3.jpg

http://www.playseat.com/en/playseat-rbr-1-seat

Edit:

Just saw this comment art... this is going to sound crazy but just trust me on this (you can google it yourself). The old geek trick to fixing a sticky/dirty keyboard is to stick it in the dishwasher (with no soap). It might take a day or two, maybe three, to fully dry and work again but dishwasher will fix it like new - rice, hairdryer, or those silicon packs will help it dry faster. I wash my wireless keyboards once a year. One caveat though... DO NOT PUT IT ON HEATED DRY. You'll melt it.

Edit 2: Like this m8, the article says if you use heated dry put it on top rack... I wouldn't do heated dry at all it's too dangerous IMO, http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Keyboard-in-a-Dishwasher

I have test this seat already its very bad quality its not good.
The playseat evolution is much better.

Sixt World Championship Race Monza 50 Laps
20:00 UTC - Free Practice (optional)
21:00 UTC - Qualifying (if you miss the end of qualifying you can start from the back)
21:30 UTC - Actual Race

I'm busy with my family (waste of time). :( Good luck everyone who's racing

Congrats RaJhan. That was refreshing to see. It is possible. Last time a Team Lotus driver "won" it was short lived. So I tried not being too excited. Of course, I haven't watch the replay; so maybe you spilled oil all over Immortal's tires pre-race. We had plenty of time.

A race video from Race 1 at Fuji (no commentary) should be up Tuesday night if all goes to plan.

'Congrats RaJhan. That was refreshing to see. It is possible. Last time a Team Lotus driver "won" it was short lived. So I tried not being too excited. Of course, I haven't watch the replay; so maybe you spilled oil all over Immortal's tires pre-race. We had plenty of time.'

lol thanks:tup: It was a fun race, the strategy was a great one. That coupled with Dahlzi's incident with IMMORTAL early on set the way for me and Art swapping places up until lap 26:cool: Awesome race!

RSChodha
'Congrats RaJhan. That was refreshing to see. It is possible. Last time a Team Lotus driver "won" it was short lived. So I tried not being too excited. Of course, I haven't watch the replay; so maybe you spilled oil all over Immortal's tires pre-race. We had plenty of time.'

lol thanks:tup: It was a fun race, the strategy was a great one. That coupled with Dahlzi's incident with IMMORTAL early on set the way for me and Art swapping places up until lap 26:cool: Awesome race!

I am seeing some of that in replay now. Lots of passing between P1/P2 in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back