FIA GT1 World Championship | NELJACK IS WORLD CHAMPION

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 951 comments

Are you getting the Spa DLC?

• Yes, and I will have it in time for the FIA GT1 Spa race.

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • No, but I do not mind sitting that race out.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No and I do not want it on the calendar.

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
I thought the GT had oversteer. At least LKW was nearly sliding off a couple of times.

Good job keeping me behind for the last laps, but if we were in the same cars, I would have got through. ;)

nahh mate i did want to do some drifting and holding you guys up to get sumo in 2nd place in 1st stint, in 2nd stint i got the hammer down as you saw xDDD
Gj to my m8 sumo!

Touring cars.. are you referring only to the touring cars that were added in the DLC or real touring cars like DTM cars as well?

and might i then ask why those don't qualify as racing cars? ^^

I was hoping you would host it Dax 8). Everyone is connected to you through freindlist PSN. so....:D?

Haha, again, if I can connect then I will.

Might have to do a full reset of my internet again, I am sure my dad is getting sick of GT5. :D

Sure yeah SUmo!

When I say racing cars I mean cars just as the LM's. The cars that don't really have a category in the game.

R8 LMS Team Playstation
BMW GTR Race Car
Mazda Rx8 LM Race Car

Just a few examples. I'll allow the two super touring cars as well, the mitsubishi and subaru.

Sure yeah SUmo!

When I say racing cars I mean cars just as the LM's. The cars that don't really have a category in the game.

R8 LMS Team Playstation
BMW GTR Race Car
Mazda Rx8 LM Race Car

Just a few examples. I'll allow the two super touring cars as well, the mitsubishi and subaru.

Do the DLC Touring Cars count since they aren't really official touring cars?

Yeah, please no DLC cars. I will allow the old school Ferrari, ford, jag, and corvette. I'm trying to get those LM/GT cars out there!

Remember 550pp and Hard Tires!

Race in 4 hours!

M3 GTR
An E46 GTR came to life on February 2001, powered by the P60B40 a 3,997 cc V8 producing 493 hp (368 kW; 500 PS). Unlike the straight-six powered M3 versions, which were outpaced by the Porsche 996 GT3, the racing version of the E46 M3 GTR 16 was very successful in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS), entered by Schnitzer Motorsport.
Rivals such as Porsche pointed out that this car was more of a prototype as no V8 engine was available in the road-going BMW E46, which is in violation of the spirit of Gran Turismo. In 2001, ALMS regulations stated that cars must be for sale on two continents within twelve months of the rules being issued. To fulfill this rule, BMW put 10 road going GTRs on sale after the 2001 season, for 250,000 euros (then $218,000) each.
The ALMS rules were altered for 2002 to state that 100 cars and 1,000 engines must be built for the car to qualify without penalties. Although BMW could have raced the V8 with the new weight and power penalties under these new regulations, they chose to pull out of the ALMS, effectively ending the short-lived M3 GTR's career.
Two Schnitzer Motorsport GTR cars saw a comeback in 2003 at the 24 Hours Nürburgring, winning 1–2 in 2004 and 2005, as well as entries in the 24 Hours Spa. Onboard coverage recorded in 2004 Hans-Joachim Stuck, Pedro Lamy, Jörg Müller and Dirk Müller on the Nürburgring and Spa-Francorchamps.
Private teams (Scheid, Getrag, etc.) also have fit 3,997 cc BMW V8 engines into the E46 body to race on the Nürburgring, winning some VLN races in the last years.

There you go mate, cited from wikipedia

M3 GTR
An E46 GTR came to life on February 2001, powered by the P60B40 a 3,997 cc V8 producing 493 hp (368 kW; 500 PS). Unlike the straight-six powered M3 versions, which were outpaced by the Porsche 996 GT3, the racing version of the E46 M3 GTR 16 was very successful in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS), entered by Schnitzer Motorsport.
Rivals such as Porsche pointed out that this car was more of a prototype as no V8 engine was available in the road-going BMW E46, which is in violation of the spirit of Gran Turismo. In 2001, ALMS regulations stated that cars must be for sale on two continents within twelve months of the rules being issued. To fulfill this rule, BMW put 10 road going GTRs on sale after the 2001 season, for 250,000 euros (then $218,000) each.
The ALMS rules were altered for 2002 to state that 100 cars and 1,000 engines must be built for the car to qualify without penalties. Although BMW could have raced the V8 with the new weight and power penalties under these new regulations, they chose to pull out of the ALMS, effectively ending the short-lived M3 GTR's career.
Two Schnitzer Motorsport GTR cars saw a comeback in 2003 at the 24 Hours Nürburgring, winning 1–2 in 2004 and 2005, as well as entries in the 24 Hours Spa. Onboard coverage recorded in 2004 Hans-Joachim Stuck, Pedro Lamy, Jörg Müller and Dirk Müller on the Nürburgring and Spa-Francorchamps.
Private teams (Scheid, Getrag, etc.) also have fit 3,997 cc BMW V8 engines into the E46 body to race on the Nürburgring, winning some VLN races in the last years.

There you go mate, cited from wikipedia

The car looks identical to the DTM car....

Latest Posts

Back