FIA GT1 World Championship Season 2 | CARRACER IS CHAMPION!!!

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 2,273 comments

Next Series... Sports Tyres or Racing Tyres?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This definitely as long as the Daytona 500 doesn't clash which it shouldn't really. Hoping for a 2pm ET start so a 7pm Start here. Oh woops there goes Furi's Nationwide haha.

When is the nation wide?

just ran a practice free run usin da r8 on gp d and got a best time of 1 34 2xx, can n e 1 tell me if this is a competative time or do i need to get some more laps in???

just ran a practice free run usin da r8 on gp d and got a best time of 1 34 2xx, can n e 1 tell me if this is a competative time or do i need to get some more laps in???

Dunno, physics are different offline, you'll have to test online :)

Nationwide runs from this sunday to sunday 5th february... WSM2 is coming later in february as well...

It's pretty competitve. I also did some practice with the Banana Vette, around 1:33

The car isn't easy to set up though. Due to the power limiter all the torque comes very early, reving the engine higher than 5500rpm is useless.

yea i have found dat, tried playin around with the transmission settings, t make it rev a bit higher but didnt make much differnce. Its just 1st and 2nd thats a bit short, meaning if you arnt quick with ur shifts then you will lose time in slow corners. Could do with about 50 more hp! lol

yea i have found dat, tried playin around with the transmission settings, t make it rev a bit higher but didnt make much differnce. Its just 1st and 2nd thats a bit short, meaning if you arnt quick with ur shifts then you will lose time in slow corners. Could do with about 50 more hp! lol

I will try a shorter transmission setting now, early upshifting around 5000rpm could make this car a real rocket at corner exits.

A_Higher_Place
Anyone who can manage to make the Lambo take a turn at a decent speed. Send the tune my way please..

A good amount of positive camber should help along with a generally stiff suspension. But I haven't tested the Lamborghini yet 👍

A good amount of positive camber should help along with a generally stiff suspension. But I haven't tested the Lamborghini yet 👍

Surely you mean negative camber? How do you mean corner at a decent speed Higher place? Are you understeering/overstering/both?

FordMKIVJ5
Surely you mean negative camber? How do you mean corner at a decent speed Higher place? Are you understeering/overstering/both?

I probably do. I just got positive/negative mixed up.

As far as I know Lamborghini's tend to under steer and are 4WD so oversteer is unlikely.

I probably do. I just got positive/negative mixed up.

As far as I know Lamborghini's tend to under steer and are 4WD so oversteer is unlikely.

Depends on the car, for example Imprezas are notoriously understeery whereas Skylines (r32, 33, 34) are quite tail happy. I'm just asking to try and work out why he isn't able to corner very fast in order to suggest what may cure the problem. 👍

Also positive is out at the top, negative is in at the top.

FordMKIVJ5
Depends on the car, for example Imprezas are notoriously understeery whereas Skylines (r32, 33, 34) are quite tail happy. I'm just asking to try and work out why he isn't able to corner very fast in order to suggest what may cure the problem. 👍

Also positive is out at the top, negative is in at the top.

If you note from your quote there, I may be wrong but aren't Impreza's 4WD and Skylines (Atleast the ones in question) RWD? Most RWD cars are a bit tail happy and most 4WD cars tend to be a bit understeery.

With that and the Lamborghini being 4WD I would assume it to be understeery. With negative camber (as you helped me find out) and a stiffer suspension (helping mechanical grip) it should corner somewhat better.

But may not as this is my own opinion but I seem to think it will work.

If you note from your quote there, I may be wrong but aren't Impreza's 4WD and Skylines (Atleast the ones in question) RWD? Most RWD cars are a bit tail happy and most 4WD cars tend to be a bit understeery.

With that and the Lamborghini being 4WD I would assume it to be understeery. With negative camber (as you helped me find out) and a stiffer suspension (helping mechanical grip) it should corner somewhat better.

But may not as this is my own opinion but I seem to think it will work.

R32, R33, and R34 GTS-4s and the most common (what I was referring to) GT-Rs are 4WD. And I agree if the car is understeering then stiffer front springs and more negative camber on the front will improve turn-in. :)

FordMKIVJ5
R32, R33, and R34 GTS-4s and the most common (what I was referring to) GT-Rs are 4WD. And I agree if the car is understeering then stiffer front springs and more negative camber on the front will improve turn-in. :)

I thought the Skylines were RWD :dopey: but anyway, as far as I know from the Lamborghini's they seem to understeer. 👍

i would like to be with Carbonox into Skyline team : ) ! I didn't tested all the cars but i don't care which is the best one, as long as i have fun racing vs all af you i'm happy 👍

I'm assuming damage is off but loving the Corvette, such a fun car to drive, very much like IROC in the Chevy Camaro's. Almost as fun as the Mclaren F1s hehe. Just bought myself an FGT off eBay for £35 and the learning curve is only going to be steeper. I have to admit though all the cars are actually fairly balanced very well indeed - credit to Neljack and Cobra. 👍

Yeah, the tune is hard work with such a mammoth engine and a power limiter. Can't wait for Le Mans and Monza though.

I'm assuming damage is off but loving the Corvette, such a fun car to drive, very much like IROC in the Chevy Camaro's. Almost as fun as the Mclaren F1s hehe. Just bought myself an FGT off eBay for £35 and the learning curve is only going to be steeper. I have to admit though all the cars are actually fairly balanced very well indeed - credit to Neljack and Cobra. 👍

Yeah, the tune is hard work with such a mammoth engine and a power limiter. Can't wait for Le Mans and Monza though.

You bought a level 24 ticket I guess?

I would have given you one for free. >.<

DaxCobra
You bought a level 24 ticket I guess?

I would have given you one for free. >.<

I'm just hoping he misspelt DFGT and got a bargain :nervous:

I'm assuming damage is off but loving the Corvette, such a fun car to drive, very much like IROC in the Chevy Camaro's. Almost as fun as the Mclaren F1s hehe. Just bought myself an FGT off eBay for £35 and the learning curve is only going to be steeper. I have to admit though all the cars are actually fairly balanced very well indeed - credit to Neljack and Cobra. 👍Yeah, the tune is hard work with such a mammoth engine and a power limiter. Can't wait for Le Mans and Monza though.

No worries :sly::)

Quick question, what yellow am I to paint my corvette?
Any yellow?

You'll have to disscuss that with your fellow team mates ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back