FIA GT1 World Championship Season 2 | CARRACER IS CHAMPION!!!

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 2,273 comments

Next Series... Sports Tyres or Racing Tyres?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful race, came last.

Got turned early on and Opp waited for me so thanks. 👍 We then overtook AHP and Tombrooks who both left (:grumpy:) I then was forced to go too far on worn tyres and lost a few seconds to Opp, not helped of course by being held back so DriftKing could pull out of his bay.

Then set about hunting them down setting 1'06s and soon caught DK and attempted to pass but after a few laps my tyres had gone again and I dropped back. Was forced to pit way earlier than I wanted to as I was struggling to do 1'09s on lap 27. (?)

Then pushed hard again and set high 1'06s and low 1'07s and reeled in the two guys ahead but again worn tyres meant I couldn't catch them any more and the car soon became undriveable- but another pit stop was out of the question as there were about 6-7 laps left and my goal from then on was to not get lapped by Dax, which was successful. :)

Need to find a tyre saving set up. :indiff:

Also, this is just my opinion and feel free to ignore it, but the track is too small for these cars and the pit is a perfect example of this.
I felt really bad when you spun out, so I'm happy that you're happy that I waited. So much happiness!

with 5 cars on the track i did 56.4 with everyone i wasn't able going under a 57.0, damn bloody gt5 lag :( !

Then i messed up my race with a spin : ( ! I should've been at least 5th !

Raawwwrrr Rage ! : D

I felt really bad when you spun out, so I'm happy that you're happy that I waited. So much happiness!

It didn't disadvantage me that much- my worst enemy was tyre wear. :nervous:

I could do '56.8s on good tyres but after 5-6 laps I could only do '58s. :scared:

But I hadn't done any practice other than that before the race and the car was very unfamiliar so, I'm not too upset- still my worst ever result. :(

Last edited:
Everyone join the boycott against using Tsukuba in race series due to the pit glitch.

You should have learned from the pit in yesterdays race.. and not pitted at the same time as everyone else.. although of course yesterday you gained a place through it. :(

It didn't disadvantage me that much- my worst enemy was tyre wear. :nervous:

I could do 1'56.8s on good tyres but after 5-6 laps I could only do 1'58s. :scared:

But I hadn't done any practice other than that before the race and the car was very unfamiliar so, I'm not too upset- still my worst ever result. :(
I could pull steady .57s and .58s all the time.

FordMKIVJ5
I was literally only just doing '59s by the end- really not a good car for me as it's really affected by tire wear (at least for me). 👎

You just need time with the cars 👍

FordMKIVJ5
I think it might be my set up or the way I drive or something. No ABS probably doesn't help. :lol:

I think you found your problem..

All by yourself :dopey: ~Applauds~

I think it might be my set up or the way I drive or something. No ABS probably doesn't help. :lol:

I passed you between pit stops when I saw you locked up the brakes. Maybe you could dumb down to our level and join us using ABS 1?

I passed you between pit stops when I saw you locked up the brakes. Maybe you could dumb down to our level and join us using ABS 1?

Yeah, it's the tyres- they were becoming impossible not to lock which is why I pit in on lap 27 or something which is way earlier than expected- the track doesn't help, too many hairpins. :nervous:

I'll never turn back. *shakes fist*

And anyway it's just because of the ridiculous tyre wear, it's fine in the Lotus' and should be next season. 👍

I think it might be my set up or the way I drive or something. :lol:

Took out the ABS part. But this pretty much seems to sum it up for me.

Suzuka was the biggest mystery for me as I was keeping pace with carracer but burning tires faster. I don't understand how to soften up on tires. If I slow down even more I'm on pace. If I push to be on pace my tires only last two laps.

We, as the regular group we are, should do some 1 make no tuning allowed tests. Just run standard stock cars against eachother. I'd really like to know where I stand against you guys on a 100% even playing field ^^.

Not to be negative but I was really proud of my driver abilities before this season. Now I feel I can't drive at all.

Suzuka was the biggest mystery for me as I was keeping pace with carracer but burning tires faster. I don't understand how to soften up on tires. If I slow down even more I'm on pace. If I push to be on pace my tires only last two laps.

We, as the regular group we are, should do some 1 make no tuning allowed tests. Just run standard stock cars against eachother. I'd really like to know where I stand against you guys on a 100% even playing field ^^.

Not to be negative but I was really proud of my driver abilities before this season. Now I feel I can't drive at all.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=241190
SPEC racing with GT1 members ^^^^
I'm no longer racing because of the times.

This car(s)'s hp/track list/tires may just not be your strong set. I'm the worst driver you will see on GT5 in "ANY" Go Kart, GT formula car, or any car on any medium tire compound (RM, SM, CM). With "M" tires I can't keep a car on track or push a car close to the limit.

Carracer, I'm aware of that tourny. But it allows tuning. I'm talking tuning disabled, straight from the dealership. No extra parts, just race.

Carracer, I'm aware of that tourny. But it allows tuning. I'm talking tuning disabled, straight from the dealership. No extra parts, just race.

Nope, all the cars are the same and come straight from the dealership. Only thing you can do is change the brake bias (we can't stop that) and paint.
We run with "Tuning disabled" on SS tires.

Check out the OP and track list 👍

I know how you feel. The front tyres wear ridiculously fast- I don't have this problem with any other cars. I never had it in any of the Elise races or any other races I've done.

My not using ABS is only a problem because after 10-12 laps I couldn't brake effectively without locking, which is really annoying. Also my car understeered like a 🤬 on worn tyres, but on fresh ones I could run faster than the guys in front. :boggled:

I blame the fact that everytime with a full grid of cars i loose almost 0.500 second on my best lap time or even more

Yesterday during our testing sessions before race i think i was pretty fast and my best lap time was 56.4 .... but there was just 5 people on the track... then when the official qualify started with 12 cars involved (or 10 i don't remember ) my best was 57.00....

Everytime is like this my efforts are vanished from lag or whatever it is and this is kind of maddening : (

Am i the only one that notice this happening ? (and it's not your lounge Dax... everytime is like this with a lot of cars involved into a race )

This usually makes me rage then do some stupid errors while racing cause i push a little bit too much searching of reaching my best lap times that i know i can do...

( and gf watching me and laughing cause i shout in front of my tv doesn't help XD )

I feel with you damon/turumbamumba.. not because of the weird bug because that one i have never experienced. ^^ No i feel with you because of the girlfriend.. i have that problem as well, but my gf was even running in front of the telly because all of the sudden there was lots of things she wanted on that side of the room ^^ but talking is probably the most distracting, have enven spun because i was talking to her while driving :P

That's why racing drivers shouldn't have girlfriends, take notes mr Hamilton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back