Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 15:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 16:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 17:00 PST

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
I'm sure he was joking. I have respect for you in the stang. I don't like it at all...

I know. Hence the :dopey: at the end. I could always be a better driver, too.

I do have a question, though. Who uses a DS3 (DualShock 3) as opposed to a steering wheel? I am guilty of using a DS3 simply because I cannot afford a steering wheel at this time. Sucks.

stupidstormy36, now that I know that you was the person that I hit I have to say I'm so sorry.

Boss Mustang is right if you are in front I must use your reference for braking not mine.

Stupidstormy I started to use a wheel for the race at monza, big difference vs a DS3, but at this point I am not fully used to the wheel, I tried both for madrid and I was almost 2 seconds faster using the DS3. But for the race I used the wheel.

Hope for better results at Nurburgring

DiegoC1980

stupidstormy36, now that I know that you was the person that I hit I have to say I'm so sorry.

Boss Mustang is right if you are in front I must use your reference for braking not mine.

Stupidstormy I started to use a wheel for the race at monza, big difference vs a DS3, but at this point I am not fully used to the wheel, I tried both for madrid and I was almost 2 seconds faster using the DS3. But for the race I used the wheel.

Hope for better results at Nurburgring

DiegoC1980

Honestly, I didn't remember you hitting me until I saw the replays. Funny. Oh well, that's racing. I really couldn't have hoped for a better finish given what i was driving. I was surprised that I was in third for the majority of the race.

I'm hoping to get a wheel soon. It would be a lot more fun that way.

Last edited:
As other members have posted; contact between cars should be avoided at all costs, please see the OLR Rules. This is the final warning, any incidents noted in future races will be grounds for penalties.

Even if you have to sacrifice life and limb and go to the wall/sand trap to avoid contact, do so.

Yeah thats what i did in turn one at the start of race one. i tried to out brake Monty but once i realized it wasn't gonna happen i took the outside wall rather than turning in and screwing him up and having what would have been a race 1 pile up. I had the preffered racing line but he had the inside so that was the right thing to do plus I figured I'd get ghosted and not impede everyone else. So I screwed myself on race 1. But the penalty system still sucks. I don't know if you reviewed race 1 yet. I got a penalty for tapping Roberte in the rear once, my god it was so slight you don't even notice it on the replay but maybe i'd go 50/50 on that one as to wether it was deserved or not. But reidman hit the wall in front of me mid corner on the other one, not enough to get ghosted and then when I tried to pass him on the inside he turned into me and i got the damn penalty.

Well if you take that and the 2 time i got tangled up trying to lap rejekted. Don't know what the hell he was doing doughnuts or something on the main straight when I T-boned him. couldn't see nothing just a cloud of smoke and bam. That and the 5 times you mention me on the unlucky end of things in your list at least everyone knows why I was a little heated over these races

as far as contact goes I hope noone here thinks there will never be contact that's just rediculous, rubbins racing, it's the intentional turning into somebody or punting in the rear that's gotto go. Yeah I ran into the wall 1st turn race 1 but I bet if I'd of broke early to let Monty through like that I'd have gotten punted. That's what happened in race two when riedman rear ended me.

I don't care where i finish the race as long as have fun and i don't mind a little rubbin that's just hard racing and as long as the two people respect one another it's all good. during one of the practices with CRAB/Phill we rubbed on each other for almost a whole ten laps and it was fun and niether one of us was ever in danger of a crash caused by the other. But this, this was not fun at all, I'm glad i manged to scrape a few points for the RUF team though.

Hey I'm honestly still learning how to be a clean racer I'm and trying to be better at letting people pass and holding my line. I trying not to hit anyone or block if it's not appropriate. I think I tapped Niop twice but I figured he thought it was little rubbing I didn't get a penalty so I keep going. Then niop hit me and got a penalty with slowed him down last lap. Idk what happened I didn't look back and kept driving.

Honestly, I didn't remember you hitting me until I saw the replays. Funny. Oh well, that's racing. I really couldn't have hoped for a better finish given what i was driving. I was surprised that I was in third for the majority of the race.

I'm hoping to get a wheel soon. It would be a lot more fun that way.

Sorry, should i call you stormy, i use a DS3 two and i pretty sure Tier does also. It's really not that bad but people are faster with the wheel once you get used to it. I had a DFGT in what seems like way back when in the GT4 days but I bet until I got used to it again as DCerenza said I't would slow me down. Even if I got one right now i wouldn't use it for this series.

Oh and DC don't get me wrong I wasn't putttin you down for punting him, mistakes happen. I did it to Quiinten at the exhibition race that's were I learned that lesson, felt so bad cause i knew even though he broke early its still my fault. CRAB did it to me at Monza and i was burried in the sand trap, I swear it took me forever to get out of that pit but he sat there and waited for me, as long it's unintentional and you give the place back is all good. What kills me is the 1st corner punting and not letting the guy you overtook by it back by. The 1st corner thing is like a no win for me so far every race no matter what strategy i try I either have to run into the wall or get punted or both and it's really startin to get me flustered. U don't win a race on the first corner folks. So far my best race I started 11th out of 12 people at the exhibition and that the only clean start I had. I'ts sad if the only way to get throught the 1st corner clean is to start at the back.

Last edited:
Hey I'm honestly still learning how to be a clean racer I'm and trying to be better at letting people pass and holding my line. I trying not to hit anyone or block if it's not appropriate. I think I tapped Niop twice but I figured he thought it was little rubbing I didn't get a penalty so I keep going. Then niop hit me and got a penalty with slowed him down last lap. Idk what happened I didn't look back and kept driving.

It was just good racin' until the system bit me. I just gave you a little tap coming into the round-a-bout and it penalized me. But I'm not too upset, because it didn't cost me any positions, as I would have had to not only pass you, but I would have had to gap you by 5 seconds to get the win.

I'm still shocked you caught up to me, I went from a 20 second lead to seeing you on my bumper when I got out of the pits. I'm kinda glad I pitted early in the second race I didn't want to risk see that happen again.

Why you say 5 second tho?

I'm still shocked you caught up to me, I went from a 20 second lead to seeing you on my bumper when I got out of the pits. I'm kinda glad I pitted early in the second race I didn't want to risk see that happen again.

Because I took 2nd in the previous race at monza, so I got the 5 seconds added onto that race.

Sorry, should i call you stormy, i use a DS3 two and i pretty sure Tier does also. It's really not that bad but people are faster with the wheel once you get used to it. I had a DFGT in what seems like way back when in the GT4 days but I bet until I got used to it again as DCerenza said I't would slow me down. Even if I got one right now i wouldn't use it for this series.

It doesn't matter to me, I was only joking. I took no offense what-so-ever.

Jeez man. You and you 430 were too goo, too, good for your own...good.

I'm still a little confused about the times for the races I thought the added times were applied only to the second race. Not the following weekend race? So you have a 5 second boost from the crash I caused or I have a 5 second penalty?

Ps I believe we are all equally skilled it's just how you practice the track. I found my lines this race. Last race I ending in the mid field. Exhibition I got lucky MT crashed... I honestly think it's was luck and lots of practice lol

I have a lot of respect for you racing in the mustang that car is a real handful and you performed extremely well in it.

On a side know I want to know if we could drop the Z4 from the car roster as

1: it's not currently conceptive
2: no one is driving it
3: it does match FIA spec

This is my opinion and I wanted to know what you all were thinking about the Z4 as well.

Last edited:
I think the added times carry over to the following weekend, but not totally sure. I guess we'll find out when the results are posted.

As for the Z4, I don't care either way. It seems to be at a disadvantage, but if someone likes it and wants to drive it, I say go for it.

Niop
I think the added times carry over to the following weekend, but not totally sure. I guess we'll find out when the results are posted.

As for the Z4, I don't care either way. It seems to be at a disadvantage, but if someone likes it and wants to drive it, I say go for it.

The result are posted in the FIA GTP group check there.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?groupid=328

Yeah time is added to the next race you had a 5 second handicap applied to you that race.

Last edited:
The compensation times always carry over, so MC is working against +7.5 at GP/F. (I'll repost the Madrid results page, need a magnafying glass to see it, my home computer sucks for the excel->PDF->PhotoShop->JPEG juggle).

You guys would be surprized what the M3 and Mustang are capable of on a suited track. Both cars hold lap records at certain tracks from testing (both tracks are yet to come so I won't tell which :)).

I use the DS3 also. As long as you set up the configuration using the L2/R2 it isn't so horrible, but a wheel would be great.

Stormy, make sure you change the oil? Let me know if you're still not up to 560.

Yes, that is a huge problem, and the wierd part is, they're racing soft. They don't seem to perform any better than the medium tires on say the 430 or Z06. The RUFs performed better, too. I really tried my best to catch up, but to no avail. I almost lost another position. I did, however almost catch up to Tier. So that's gotta mean something, right? :banghead:

The Stang doesn't like sharp, low speed corners, as I learned the hard way here. It just likes to go fast. It performed much better at Monza during the practice sessions due to the course being mostly straights, but did suffer in braking zones and the chicanes. It has to be that way because the Stang is very nose heavy, I think. Tremendous understeer. I also noticed on the performance sheet on the first post here that the Mustang is supposed to have about 560 bhp. However, after installing all the parts that were allowed on that sheet, it never got that high. :indiff:

I wish you could do race mods on all the cars involved, but the RUF is standard, so that can't be done either way. PD needs to put some Porsches in here, and I mean Porsches. Don't get me wrong, I like RUFs and Gemballas, but it's time for Porsches, and we've been waiting long enough. Hell, I'd even settle for the entire ALMS series. But I guess that's pushing it. :grumpy:

Oh, and thanks for calling me stupid! Helps alot. :dopey:

You were still fast,my Vette could barely keep to your pace.Maybe that's cos I don't use abs.Vette pushes more than the other car's on low speed stuff too,gives up just a lil bit.Ah well need to practice my braking and tyre conservation techniques anyway.

The compensation times always carry over, so MC is working against +7.5 at GP/F. (I'll repost the Madrid results page, need a magnafying glass to see it, my home computer sucks for the excel->PDF->PhotoShop->JPEG juggle).

You guys would be surprized what the M3 and Mustang are capable of on a suited track. Both cars hold lap records at certain tracks from testing (both tracks are yet to come so I won't tell which :)).

I use the DS3 also. As long as you set up the configuration using the L2/R2 it isn't so horrible, but a wheel would be great.

Stormy, make sure you change the oil? Let me know if you're still not up to 560.

I'm not saying there slow by any means but they are both on soft tires i believe and they wear out quicker, especially the fronts, at least that was my experience from practicing with the Mustang at first on Tokyo with Monty I could stay with him for 4 or 5 laps then the fronts started to give up to much. By lap 6 and 7 I had to brake a lot earlier and it was understeering badly. Like I said I'm a Mustang fan but just giving my honest opinion. All said I was impressed with how stormy handled it 👍

I'm not saying there slow by any means but they are both on soft tires i believe and they wear out quicker, especially the fronts, at least that was my experience from practicing with the Mustang at first on Tokyo with Monty I could stay with him for 4 or 5 laps then the fronts started to give up to much. By lap 6 and 7 I had to brake a lot earlier and it was understeering badly. Like I said I'm a Mustang fan but just giving my honest opinion. All said I was impressed with how stormy handled it 👍

Im gonna guess he has not only good driving(didnt see much mistakes from him) but a good setup too.Like your RUF,gets better with constant tuning to the stage where it's competitive and tyre wear controlled.Which reminds me Im thinking of homogolating a Camaro RM next season we'll see how it goes.

i have 1 suggestion tier. I know for 100% that there will be also problems @ rome circuit , its to small the last coner gonna be crashes also in the first corner . so i suggest that instead of rome circuit we will do fuji . i dont know how the rest of the guys thing's about it but i think thats better .

Well thank you very much. It does get harder to control as the tires wear down, but that is usually the case with most cars. Like I said before, I think the biggest problem with the Mustang is that it's very nose heavy. But once I learned the limits of my car, I started figuring how to prevent the fronts from wearing out too quickly. Early and lighter braking. Also, less camber. Or was it toe?

Im gonna guess he has not only good driving(didnt see much mistakes from him) but a good setup too.Like your RUF,gets better with constant tuning to the stage where it's competitive and tyre wear controlled.Which reminds me Im thinking of homogolating a Camaro RM next season we'll see how it goes.

Well, I've only been playing since GT2. Joking aside, I did run multiple setups during the practice sessions. Not a whole lot of difference, but on the current setting I used during the races, I did manage to hit a 1:23.999 on the last practice. No joke. I think I hit another 1:23.5 something during one of the races, too.

I was surprised when Niop passed me while I was in the pits. I thought he haden't pitted yet, so I thought I may still have a chance for a podium finish. Boy was I wrong. He pitted the lap before me. I was very impressed how far he battled back for his final position. I only got fourth because of that pile up in the second race. I barely got away from it.

Also posted some pics in the pic thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/grou...28&discussionid=1146&gmid=25890#gmessage25890

I find a little bit of negative toe in the rear helps the Vette.
I try to limit camber too.

Anyone up for practice?
Edit;I'll be at my lounge and will stay for an hour or two.

Last edited:
Great pictures, I think that the race at the Nurburgring is going to be better for me, my gap to the front runners is no so big this time.

About changing Rome to another track, If this is up for voting I say yes, let's change it, I think that I perform better in race tracks than in city tracks.

Hope we can do some practice race or during the practices run together so we can measure our braking point for turn 1 at the ring. As if someone hits you the hit sends you to the sand, and can be pretty difficult to get out of it.

DiegoC1980

Yeah, I've been thinking that too. Turn 1 and the final chicane (the two biggest braking points) at Nurburgring might be a big problem. Hopefully, people will take extra caution here.

Rome maybe a problem too, but it is wider than Madrid, at least till the sharp right hander (hairpin even?). Then it gets narrow. The last section might be the biggest problem. I really don't care either way. Madrid isn't exactly my strongest circuit either.

About the pic with the RUF pit crew, I just took that picture just for fun. Didn't think anybody would've found it relevant. It is a cool pic.

The main problem is people not giving each other enough room,and like GTboss mentioned,under braking into tight corners from high speed just be careful and consider other's braking points so they don't get punted off the track.
And I would like the nurburgring nordschelife/laguna seca to be in the series instead of rome or madrid if we were to change.:)

I think he had Madrid and Rome there because this is the European season of the FIA GT3. There are no other euro track un less we add the 24hr/nord at the enable the season and push forward the other tracks.

Phil you should run ABS 1 in the series to stay completive and run without it in practice so when the race comes your much faster. I would love to see how much fast you would be with it at 1.

The main problem is people not giving each other enough room,and like GTboss mentioned,under braking into tight corners from high speed just be careful and consider other's braking points so they don't get punted off the track.
And I would like the nurburgring nordschelife/laguna seca to be in the series instead of rome or madrid if we were to change.:)

That's exactly what I was thinking, well the braking part. For most, it won't be a problem. But for some...we'll just see. Introducing Laguna Seca into the season will negate the European theme to this season. Guess Laguna Seca will have to wait for another season.

Off topic, I loved your last lap drift in race 1 of Madrid, by the way. 👍

i have 1 suggestion tier. I know for 100% that there will be also problems @ rome circuit , its to small the last coner gonna be crashes also in the first corner . so i suggest that instead of rome circuit we will do fuji . i dont know how the rest of the guys thing's about it but i think thats better .

I'm fine with a switch, but only one catch, has to be a European track (or one of the Gran Turismo created tracks, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, etc.). Asia will be season 2. North America season 3.

EDIT: Love the pics Stormy, very nice.

Last edited:
Back