Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 15:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 16:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 17:00 PST

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
Exactly the tyres lose grip, and I have to force them even more in order to stay in the track.

If they dont lose grip I can do 10 - 12 laps with them, but loosing valuable time.

DiegoC1980

It sounds to me like you are over driving the car. The racing line is far more important to lap time than the speed you carry into the corners. Especially in the opening lap and a half of the stint you dont want to push the tires too hard. Once you get the line down, then you can start finding out how much speed you can carry without losing that line. Any pro driver does that at any track they go to. Just some advice on how I try to perfect a track.

It sounds to me like you are over driving the car. The racing line is far more important to lap time than the speed you carry into the corners. Especially in the opening lap and a half of the stint you dont want to push the tires too hard. Once you get the line down, then you can start finding out how much speed you can carry without losing that line. Any pro driver does that at any track they go to. Just some advice on how I try to perfect a track.

Quoted for truth.

Following that ideal line and being smooth will often yield faster laps with less tire wear.

You are right, I do that, first find the driving line and then find a good time.

Then start looking for the final tenth.

I dont know if I am overdriving the car or my set up is not good yet, because specially at this track I have the feeling that I can go faster.

DiegoC1980

And I think that is why we all do these practices, to find a good balance between lap times and tire wear.

In qualify we can change tires as many times as we want, in this way times are faster.

Just like in F1, if you look at the lap times from race and qualifying the difference is about 4 - 5 seconds.

At this point and that is why the length of the race is important I am doing race simulations trying to find a good strategy.

DiegoC1980

You are right, I do that, first find the driving line and then find a good time.

I dont know if I am overdriving the car or my set up is not good yet, because specially at this track I have the feeling that I can go faster.

DiegoC1980

Sounds like your overdriving it, but I havent watched you so I cant say for sure.

DiegoC1980

Over the weekend I was running :03's with Niop and lilcat, they left me in the dust by turn 4. Just changing my line at a few corners knocked a second off. If I could stay clean over the whole lap, I bet there's another second in there.

Last night I changed the line in the mercedes arena, and found half a second there

Compared with you 2:02.4 lap Tier

In the first sector +0.2
Second sector +0.3
Third sector +1.1
Final sector +1.6

I know where I am loosing time (my entrances speed at the Schumacher S is 160 kph, while lilcat's 170 kph)
At Dunlop my speed is 90 kph lilcat's 100 kph
At Bit my speed is 125 kph lilcat's 140 kph

That is why I am overdriving at these turns.

DiegoC1980

Last edited:
800PX-1.png

Turns 4, 7, 8, 9, 12, 16
All lead onto the long straights, most important corners to me.

Turns 3/4, 6, 11, 14/15
These are "set-up" turns, the following corner after these leads onto the straights.

Can anyone see the results picture for Madrid in the FIA Group or is it the dreaded red x?

Any of you technically proficient guys know what's the deal? I'm doing excel to PDF, then using Photoshop to convert it to a jpeg and hosting through photobucket. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. :ouch:

Can anyone see the results picture for Madrid in the FIA Group or is it the dreaded red x?

Any of you technically proficient guys know what's the deal? I'm doing excel to PDF, then using Photoshop to convert it to a jpeg and hosting through photobucket. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. :ouch:

I can see the results just fine, I just need a magnifying glass sometimes. 👍

I can also help in that department as well if you need it.

In a few moments I'll open a room for practice

Room now open

1472-6118-4130-9221-1444

Last edited:
Tier I saw you was trying the M3, thanks, unfortunatly I was not able to read what you wrote.

If things continue like this here in my city there is a chance that i cant race on saturday

DiegoC1980

Tier I saw you was trying the M3, thanks, unfortunatly I was not able to read what you wrote.

If things continue like this here in my city there is a chance that i cant race on saturday

DiegoC1980

Was at 50% going into lap 10. Times fell off pretty hard at 8 (2:05 & 6's towards the end). Touched into the 02's but mostly 03's and 4's. Had to be really careful with the throttle or the rear would step out on exits. Some tweaks to the setup could get rid of that.

Sounds like diego was just overdriving it. But then again, you probably had it setup differently.

It looks like I'm gonna be out of town for the GP/F race. I'll take my PS3 with me just in case, but I doubt I'll be able to make the race. If I do make it, I'll be using a DS3, so I don't think I'll be running near as fast. But it would still be fun, and I'd like to salvage some points.

Hey Tier, do you have the technical specs for the RGT? The image, and it's the only image, is not showing up on the first post.

I haven't been practicing as much as I had hoped so far. I'm waiting for someone to host a practice session.

Wow that's fast. Also you got in the 2:00.5xx's?!

Why don't you host Stormy? I'm sure if you hosted you have some one here join. I know I am impatient and I tend to host. If I get the chance to get on, believe me I'll leave a post here.

Wow that's fast. Also you got in the 2:00.5xx's?!

Why don't you host Stormy? I'm sure if you hosted you have some one here join. I know I am impatient and I tend to host. If I get the chance to get on, believe me I'll leave a post here.

Eh, I don't know. I think it's better when someone else does it. I'll host here soon though. Just busy a little here.

Back