Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 15:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 16:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 17:00 PST

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
well I'm glad the for the postponement. I got no practice in at the beginning of the week and got on for about an hr wednesday and got disconnected. tried to go on yesterday and this I found out after trying to log on for over an hr. So with the holiday, people not able to make it this week and it sounds like others didn't get much practice either so postponing the race was the best idea

You should worry more about those prancing horses with the dynasty that died 40 years ago. The last bit is actually true. The only reason Porsche hasnt developed a Cayman GT car is because of the 911. Judging by the number of cars in GT3 and GT2 tells me that the racing career of the 911 is close to the end. Sad thing too.

Are you talking factory or private? That's news since they recently ran the PIP GT3 Hybrid in several series races.

Be interested to know about this. Let me know where you heard this. Is this because of the new 918?

911's have been racing since the 60's, be a hell of a way to exit after a long life in the biz.

On a different note, I'm interested in getting in on this. I have a spec'd RGT ready to rock, but at 99.3% I think its more then 480 as I just bypassed 537 horses recently to be honest. I think I missed something.

Are you talking factory or private? That's news since they recently ran the PIP GT3 Hybrid in several series races.

Be interested to know about this. Let me know where you heard this. Is this because of the new 918?

911's have been racing since the 60's, be a hell of a way to exit after a long life in the biz.

I cant confirm anything, but I have heard a lot of speculation around this. It seems that Weissach (Porsche Motorsport) has finally found nothing else to improve on the 911 RSR. Especially with all the new supercars coming to GT2 racing. From what I have heard, the engineers say the 911 is at the end and that marketing is holding them from getting a hold of the Cayman. Looking at how they have run in the ALMS and LMS so far, it makes sense that they are close.

Again, ALL of this is speculation.

I cant confirm anything, but I have heard a lot of speculation around this. It seems that Weissach (Porsche Motorsport) has finally found nothing else to improve on the 911 RSR. Especially with all the new supercars coming to GT2 racing. From what I have heard, the engineers say the 911 is at the end and that marketing is holding them from getting a hold of the Cayman. Looking at how they have run in the ALMS and LMS so far, it makes sense that they are close.

Again, ALL of this is speculation.

Well then maybe it's time for a next gen 911 with an aluminium spaceframe and composite body.If they're already keeping up with conventional steel body construction imagine the possibilities.:D
Then again cost and repair might become troublesome...

Can Sony freaking hurry up and get PSN back up. Its great because I can catch up on my career, but man I want some real competition.

On a different note, I'm interested in getting in on this. I have a spec'd RGT ready to rock, but at 99.3% I think its more then 480 as I just bypassed 537 horses recently to be honest. I think I missed something.

I'll put you down on the list Speed, will let you know if there is room for next weeks race.

Use the power limiter to back HP down to 480, depending on how many miles you have you should be running 335-340 Ft Ibs.

Random but Im looking to homogolate a Blitz Skyline LOL!

No can do on the Blitz, all future cars for homologation have to start out stock from the showroom to keep everyone equal.

But, some spoilers for next season:

Dodge Viper
Ferrari 458 Italia
Jaguar XKR
Lotus Exige
McLaren MP4-12C
Mercedes SLS
And a few others.....

Next season is in American tracks or Asian?

I'll start to try the available cars for season 2

DiegoC1980

I'll put you down on the list Speed, will let you know if there is room for next weeks race.

Use the power limiter to back HP down to 480, depending on how many miles you have you should be running 335-340 Ft Ibs.

It has to be something out of spec, 'cause after I bought my RUF I had to do an engine overhaul to get to the 480hp, and it never went up only had to do oil changes to keep it at 480. Used engines are already broke in, even after rebuild. And I don't think you'd gain almost 50hp from a breakin, maybe but I dont think this is it, triple check the spec sheet.

Looks like the racing gods are on my side, with the PSN being down. But it still sucks for all those ready to race this weekend.

But, some spoilers for next season:

Dodge Viper
Ferrari 458 Italia
Jaguar XKR
Lotus Exige
McLaren MP4-12C
Mercedes SLS
And a few others.....

Any chance on a homogolation of a Camaro for next season?

Any chance on a homogolation of a Camaro for next season?

I dont think there is a GT3 spec Camaro out there. Except maybe that Grand Am one, but that is a tube frame car, which is illegal in FIA GT3.

On that list for next season, I think that I will keep my Gallardo. Put too much into it just to drop it and build something else after 3 races.

Hey Tier, it looks like there is a lot of interest in this. Do you think that having either two championships or heat races next season would be a possibility? I would be willing to organize and keep track if thats something you might consider.

I dont think there is a GT3 spec Camaro out there. Except maybe that Grand Am one, but that is a tube frame car, which is illegal in FIA GT3.

Yeah, I don't think is a GT3 spec Camaro either. I was just thinking it would be a good addition, and to have a rivalry with the Mustang.

On that list for next season, I think that I will keep my Gallardo. Put too much into it just to drop it and build something else after 3 races.

Hey Tier, it looks like there is a lot of interest in this. Do you think that having either two championships or heat races next season would be a possibility? I would be willing to organize and keep track if thats something you might consider.

One thing I have been mulling over is doing away with the first come, first serve sign up for next time. If we can get interest from 20+ members, we'd split into two groups (A & B). Each would have their qualifying session different nights of the week (Thursday for A, Friday for B for example). Only the top 16 times race on Saturday.

Running two championships might be good for the guys that can't make Saturdays, maybe a weekday or Sunday race. GTP needs a tacked "Official OLR Schedule." Something easy to read (think of the old TV guide) of all the current races for any given day. This is another little side project I've been dinking with. Would help the guys looking to join a race series and those trying to organize new races, so they can check time slot availability.

It has to be something out of spec, 'cause after I bought my RUF I had to do an engine overhaul to get to the 480hp, and it never went up only had to do oil changes to keep it at 480. Used engines are already broke in, even after rebuild. And I don't think you'd gain almost 50hp from a breakin, maybe but I dont think this is it, triple check the spec sheet.

The spec sheet Power Limiter setting can't be right at 99.3%, has to be a typo, my fault. Just make sure you're at 480hp max.

My RUF has got 6,xxx miles on it and runs 480hp/340ft Ibs. My practice car is around 40,xxx miles and has 480hp/337ft Ibs.

No can do on the Blitz, all future cars for homologation have to start out stock from the showroom to keep everyone equal.

Do run a test on it if you can though,I have mine ballast-ed up to 1300kg(original 1270) and restricted 550hp(original 570).No other mod's and it's actually much slower if my memory serves me correctly...Only the PP is higher.The reason I'd guess is that car has pretty skinny tires.

I do however agree that some non factory showroom car's are unfair,like the Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 and Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo(whatta long name).The pp system dosent really work on those...

I did a 2.07.090 around nurburgring GP/F in the Blitz ER34 on race hard tires(1300kg,500hp) but this is in offline mode.

My Corvette Z06 GT3 will do it in 2.03.XXX on race medium tires(1309kg,500hp) but in online mode.

When PSN get's back on I'll do a lil more testing.

Why not use the evora? I believe that JetAlliance is working on a GT2 and a GT3 spec car. Besides, I really doubt the elise would be able keep up with the other cars.

Hey can I make a vote for nurburgring time change one? I'd love to have a race there. I know it's random but every is worried about rome.

Rome shouldnt be the same as it was at madrid. Rome is a good bit wider and not a lot of tight hairpins either.

Hey can I make a vote for nurburgring time change one? I'd love to have a race there. I know it's random but every is worried about rome.

I think we'll be okay at Rome, other than Tokyo it's one of the wider city tracks.

Running at Nurb would be fun but it is a special kind of track. The track itself is narrow for the most part and any overtaking has to be done with kid gloves. Run off room is limited and the barriers are there to catch anyone caught unawares.

It would be cool. Make it a fun race(like the all star race). An end of the year dash for a prize. A 2 lap run around at night on one of the variations would be a ton of fun.

Latest Posts

Back