Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 15:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 16:00 PST

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 17:00 PST

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
Add to that all the other things that are undetectable. Engine Stage and Turbo are easily identified, but other things require intense scritinization of how the car pulls out of corners and accelerates, and even then, you cannot accurately judge if indeed the driver is using things like a Twin Plate Clutch.

The Scuderia was reported last night as feeling pushy and not easy to handle with the regulation suspension settings in the Technical Forms. I also like to setup my cars differently than most people to fit my driving style, so when I took out my LoonyTune Audi, I immediately noticed that I can drive it better with my funky suspension settings, and better yet playing with the Ballast. The use of these settings also adds another level of skill to the competition, and because we have teams, the team can decide to run different settings explicitly as a strategy, as is done in RL.

Overall, for cheating with Car Mods, I'm really not sure how to approach that one. The only thing I can think of is to tabulate the PPs for the Cars once they are setup to see how close they really are. If by some miracle they are all within 5 PPs of each other, we can limit the room to that PP and feel more comfortable that there is not much margin for cheating.

Somehow, I don't think the Bimmers are even close, which is why they need a LoonyTune.

So either:
1) Rely on the Honor System, (Offenders publicly tarred and feathered).
2) Allow all undetectable mods and come up with PP/HP/Weight limits for the bigger cars to keep them in check.

Either way, I REALLY hope everyone involved sticks to the rules, or be forever trolling in the depths of misery and solitude...

On a happier note, Testing sessions tonight! 20:00GMT-6 (MDT)
The Scuderia, Audi and Lambo ran well with each other last night, so we need more of the other cars on the track with us.
Will post the room number when it's up...

Majik said it all. It comes down to the honor system. To get these cars even, there's just too many variables. We're using all three types of race tires, PP (the PP on the RUF is ridiculously low for its speed) is all over the board and so is weight and horsepower. We have a 560HP high for the Mustang and 1,170KG low for the RUF.

So how about this as an added deterent. If anything out of the ordinary is found by other drivers or in reviewing the replay, you will be challenged.

Here's the challenge. At the following race, in front of all your peers, you prove yourself. The challenger will gift you the same model you drive, built to the exact spec on the technical form. We'll race at the location in question. If anyone sees the little wrench bouncing by your name, black list, dishonorable discharge, tar & feather, etc. You have 5 laps to duplicate the performance in question. Don't show, black list. Miss the lap time or section time, whatever, black list.

So you won a race, congradulations. Feels pretty good to know that for that race, on that day, with everything else being equal, you weren't, you were the fastest on the track.

Yeah my Scuderia was running 1:44.1-5 consistently at tokyo best lap 1:43.687 also this Scuderia sucks with understeer. I mean this thing requires extremely early break but man my car hauls it pulls on the straits and the Audi pulls in the turns and out breaks me.

You got me. Best lap in the Scuderia was 1:44.2 at Tokyo. Nice driving. Might have some good battles coming up. :D

Here's the challenge. At the following race, in front of all your peers, you prove yourself. The challenger will gift you the same model you drive, built to the exact spec on the technical form. We'll race at the location in question. If anyone sees the little wrench bouncing by your name, black list, dishonorable discharge, tar & feather, etc. You have 5 laps to duplicate the performance in question. Don't show, black list. Miss the lap time or section time, whatever, black list.

That sounds like a pretty good deterrent. Might I suggest lending the mule car through online share as this will prevent the contender from quickly slapping on the mod before re-entering the room. Might I also suggest that you, Tier, be the lender so as to ensure the Car is properly setup and not dumbed down by the challenger.

Tier 2 Racing
You got me. Best lap in the Scuderia was 1:44.2 at Tokyo. Nice driving. Might have some good battles coming up. :D

Before I made the changes my best lap was 1:44.002 and I was able to put 1:44.6s to low 1:45s with stock settings
I made some changes to the suspension when I had the 1:43.687 I did these changes
Ride height: -15 Front -15 rear
Springs remain the same
Dampers extension: 3 front 3 rear
Compression: 6 front 7 rear
Stabilizer: 3 front 4 rear
Camber: 2.0 front 1.5 rear
Toe: 0 front and rear.
This car still understeers like crazy tho.

I ask MT last night before I did the changes I did two races with this settings. I'm consistent with 1:44.3s with it on Tokyo I'm not sure how the car will perform else where because it was the first time I have driven the F430 there.

Last edited:
Before I made the changes my best lap was 1:44.002 and I was able to put 1:44.6s to low 1:45s with stock settings
I made some changes to the suspension when I had the 1:43.687 I did these changes
Ride height: -15 Front -15 rear
Springs remain the same
Dampers extension: 3 front 3 rear
Compression: 6 front 7 rear
Stabilizer: 3 front 4 rear
Camber: 2.0 front 1.5 rear
Toe: 0 front and rear.
This car still understeers like crazy tho.

I ask MT last night before I did the changes I did two races with this settings. I'm consistent with 1:44.3s with it on Tokyo I'm not sure how the car will perform else where because it was the first time I have driven the F430 there.

You have to stick to the technical form for us to compare apples to apples. 👍

TechnicalForm-FerrariFINAL.jpg

If anyone wants to purpose changes to the vehicles, like suspension settings, etc., I'll hear you out. But the caveats are, the car cannot be any faster overall and no changes to the power or weight; we're trying to keep things "real" here.

The real challenge is this: If anyone can make the Z4 faster, than all the cars can be faster. The Z4 is the baseline (slowest) for all the tuning, all the other cars are simply dumbed down to meet the Z4's performance.

Update: Changed thread title to FIA GT3 League, also created a social group in the Clubs and Fan Groups section.

Thanks to Majik for the logo, title and social group page!

Tier 2 Racing
You have to stick to the technical form for us to compare apples to apples. 👍

If anyone wants to purpose changes to the vehicles, like suspension settings, etc., I'll hear you out. But the caveats are, the car cannot be any faster overall and no changes to the power or weight; we're trying to keep things "real" here.

The real challenge is this: If anyone can make the Z4 faster, than all the cars can be faster. The Z4 is the baseline (slowest) for all the tuning, all the other cars are simply dumbed down to meet the Z4's performance.

I could possibly tune the Z4 and make it a little faster I just honest want to rid the horrible understeer of the F430 that's all I want other wise I'll switch to a car that understeers less...

I could possibly tune the Z4 and make it a little faster I just honest want to rid the horrible understeer of the F430 that's all I want other wise I'll switch to a car that understeers less...

Try the RUF if you have one, with the tune by RKM, it's very well balanced. The Z06 and Gallardo would be some other candidates.

I'm in a Gallardo at the moment.. And it does not understeer at all.. Care for a switch? (I would have choosen the ferrari if it was'nt already occupied by 3 drivers)

Try the RUF if you have one, with the tune by RKM, it's very well balanced. The Z06 and Gallardo would be some other candidates.

so are we allowed to make changes to the suspension or not?
you state you can tune the RUF but not the F430? I'm honestly just really confused on the whole suspension tuning thing.

I'm in a Gallardo at the moment.. And it does not understeer at all.. Care for a switch? (I would have choosen the ferrari if it was'nt already occupied by 3 drivers)

If I'm allowed to tune the suspension to rid just the understeer I'll be happy, if not I'll switch with you.

BTW I noticed the change is race times omg it looks as if its for the best I get out of work at 4 PM EST and I believe your times is a little earlier than me so it looks like i can make it to most of the races. i honest do know for sure but just asking would it be better to push it possibly a little later?

Last edited:
I would imagine we still have room to adjust the dates/times, I just have one commitment in stone, my Saturday Night Series; and the Flying Miata series is coming soon, no dates yet. So I think everyone who is truly committed to this series would have a say in the schedule.

That said, come Practice and show you care!!!

Room open:
1472-6681-3115-0606-4835

Will be back in 30 mins, open a new room if you want, I will join soon.
Post the room number in the thread.

Last edited:
MajikTom
I would imagine we still have room to adjust the dates/times, I just have one commitment in stone, my Saturday Night Series; and the Flying Miata series is coming soon, no dates yet. So I think everyone who is truly committed to this series would have a say in the schedule.

That said, come Practice and show you care!!!

Room open:
1472-6681-3115-0606-4835

I want to join but I share my console and tv with my wife I gotta wait till she's done. hopefully you'll see me within the hour.

Yeah I can join in tonight maybe tomorrow but I know Wednesday it's a go for me for sure. I'll be hosting some practice races tomorrow morning too around 7-8am EST. See you all then.

Last edited:
If you're looking for GTP_MajikTom, don't bother, I go by MajikTom/MajikTom, the GTP account is only for GTP specific official events.

Tier, please update the driver list:
GTP: MajikTom
PSN: MajikTom

If you FR'ed GTP_MajikTom, I may not respond, please FR MajikTom only.

so are we allowed to make changes to the suspension or not?
you state you can tune the RUF but not the F430? I'm honestly just really confused on the whole suspension tuning thing.

If I'm allowed to tune the suspension to rid just the understeer I'll be happy, if not I'll switch with you.

BTW I noticed the change is race times omg it looks as if its for the best I get out of work at 4 PM EST and I believe your times is a little earlier than me so it looks like i can make it to most of the races. i honest do know for sure but just asking would it be better to push it possibly a little later?

Make the switch to the Gallardo. Whatever changes are made to one vehicle (the Ferrari in this case) have to be made to all Ferrari's (same goes for any vehicle).

Once we get started, if I just happend to get my doors blown off, doesn't mean I can petition for change in specs. Now if all the Ferrari's were at the bottom of the standings, then we may make some changes (same for any make in the series).

The RUF gets a tune because with default settings on medium tires, it's too slow. On default settings and softs, it's too fast. A tune and medium tires made it even with the rest of the field.

If you still have room, I'd like to join.

PSN: RFLX_Niop
Car: Corvette Z06
Not sure what color yet

Practice Session tomorrow/(today?) 20:00MDT (UDT-6)

Tier, can we schedule a practice race on, say, road course Indy (or pick one) for Saturday April 2nd, around 15:00UDT-6?

I'd like to sign-up if there's still room. Wanna try the Mustang or Ford GT, gonna try them with your set-ups today to see which I like best. Yeah, I'm a Ford guy!

GTP: BOSS Mustang
PSN: GTdriveBoss

Going to start a room now the number is:
1472-6118-3615-5259-5222 closed

Last room taken over by random peeps.

Last edited:
Ok room disbanded I have to work and ran out of time I'll be back home at 11pm EST tonight I'll make a room if there isn't already one.

Also I tried the gallardo wow oversteer city I'm not trying to sound whiny or complain all I'm going say is I'm going to test all the cars and see what fits my driving style for now I got to leave, catch you all around 11.

Also I tried the gallardo wow oversteer city I'm not trying to sound whiny or complain all I'm going say is I'm going to test all the cars and see what fits my driving style for now I got to leave, catch you all around 11.

Try a Z06,handles similar to the Viper just more agile.That's what I'll be using.

I tried the XKR with the homologation settings and it made 1:16.037, using a DS3 on Deep Forest. I tested a RUF RGT for comparison and it made a similar time.

Oh yeah, @Tier 2 Racing, where did you get the homologation settings for the XKR? Just asking if I want to test other cars.

EDIT: Found all the settings from previous years, didn't find the one to the Elise, SLS AMG, or the Mclaren.

Last edited:
Practice Session tomorrow/(today?) 20:00MDT (UDT-6)

Tier, can we schedule a practice race on, say, road course Indy (or pick one) for Saturday April 2nd, around 15:00UDT-6?

Was hoping we could kick it off on Saturday, April 2. But, want to confirm with everyone. Otherwise, yes, let's get it scheduled. How about one this Saturday. I should be available all hours.

I will post a poll (when I figure it out) for race times, want to try to be flexible so we can get everyone on board.

I tried the XKR with the homologation settings and it made 1:16.037, using a DS3 on Deep Forest. I tested a RUF RGT for comparison and it made a similar time.

Oh yeah, @Tier 2 Racing, where did you get the homologation settings for the XKR? Just asking if I want to test other cars.

EDIT: Found all the settings from previous years, didn't find the one to the Elise, SLS AMG, or the Mclaren.

The Lotus is referred to as the Exige GT3.
http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Exige

I can't find the source for the XKR specs, no idea where I was at.

I haven't seen any official releases for the SLS or McLaren from the FIA yet.

Looks like I'm gonna start testing for the Exige (Elise for replacement), and the Viper! I also heard that there was a Maserati in at one time, but I doubt the specs would be possible on the Granturismo S...

Last edited:
Updates:

Finally got a poll up, vote your start times! If you are unavailable during those times, let me know.

We have a full grid with 4 members on the waiting list. I missed one member's post and neglected to get him on the sheet yesterday. Waiting for a reply as to whether he's confirmed or not, then will post up the updated sign up list.

Drop 2 Rule: Because of schedule conflicts and stuff just coming up, I'm thinking about a drop 2 rule for the championship points. That will give everyone at least one fudge weekend if needed.

Practice Session tonight @ 20:00 MDT (GMT -6) I'll set up the room in My Lounge. Stop by, check out the competition!

I've not voted yet... But if we could start at 11.00 AM (PST), it would open up for europeans as well. 👍

Just a tought..

Back