Fiat Barchetta @Toscana Mini Enduro *MCRC* Mon @ 3pm EDT / 8pm BST

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT TIME PROGRESSION TESTING IN LOUNGES:
There's some kind of a problem right now with time progression in lounges/lobbies. When you load the track, load it at time progression 3. Then, open up the track selection screen AGAIN, and just hit "okay", changing nothing, to reload the track.
If you don't do this, then when you start a race it will get dark ridiculously fast, because of this glitchy problem. But if you reload by just hitting okay, it fixes it.

Indeed, I just saw it and your solution helps.

Indeed, I just saw it and your solution helps.

It's an alarming thing when it happens, no? :lol: :scared:
It's like it defaults to the absolute ridiculously fastest time progression once you start the race!
Worse still because I really stink in the dark!!!!

It started happening sometimes when I'd start a race - with other people, on Toscana... and I'd be thinking - oh my they're going to think I'm NUTS setting the time progression so very super-fast. :lol: But then I checked, and it wasn't, it was set to a normal setting. And I couldn't figure out what was going on.
So I found this thread here on the forum:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=255876

Definitely seems to be cleared up though as long as you reload the track, then time progresses at the set progression in free run & race the same.

The car looks fine and my favorite Swede is in, but can't do a Friday race, Monday only. :dopey:

So we meet again... :mischievous:

(actually found this race through your page, which I was visiting just because I missed you so much :( )

Awe!
flirt.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Fiat Barchetta race... where old friends & rivals reunite at lovely Toscana. :sly:

Now, if I could just lure out my pal jackargent. *rubs hands together*

... and maybe cc570

oh no carracer, suddenly all chances of a win disappeared ;)

Been testing the track some more and got a 2:39.559 as my best time so far, with at least a second to find. It should be noted that it was offline with fuel depletion and slippery edges on. Don't know how much different it will be online, probably a lot. :)

lol ... I've noticed Monday rather filling up with some racers who are strangely unnaturally good with low power FWD cars! :lol:

There's always attrition though! ;)

My times in practice mode (tire wear on grip real) were no different, completely comparable, to the laps I did in my lounge, and the MCRC_Lounge lounge.
But then I rarely see a significant difference on most tracks with most cars.

I'm thinking a perfect or near perfect lap in this car could probably see lower times. But I don't see it happening with me in the car! :nervous: Stringing together perfection in all sections on the same lap is not my strong suit.
There are 2 areas of this track that are absolutely critical. And I've noticed when racing this track in shuffles, that those who are most flexible in those areas when there's traffic around them, seem to do best.

I think that those who can make consistent 2:41's, avoiding damage will be close to the podium. With heavy damage and 15 laps, it will be more important not to make errors than to go realize that one very fast lap.

I think that those who can make consistent 2:41's, avoiding damage will be close to the podium. With heavy damage and 15 laps, it will be more important not to make errors than to go realize that one very fast lap.

Yes! Attrition ftw! :D

Avoiding damage.. hm, the only problem i have in long races is spinning out on my own, not crashing really.. but i'll probably prove myself wrong once the heat is on ^^ But at least my spinning problem should be solved by these wonderful fwd cars.

Anyway, with carracer in the race i'm guessing 1:39s are needed to win. Don't know about podiums since i don't know any racers here except carb and carracer :P

Never raced with Carracer with heavy damage, that I can recall. Though I seem to remember him being alien fast in sprint races with, of all things, the old Volvo Estate. :lol: :boggled: :D

Turbogeit seems to like driving FF road cars more than I think anyone should.
(But then it seems that in an FF, my chances against him decrease exponentially!!)

Spinning should not be a problem as not only is this FWD, and not particularly spinny... but also this track was designed by cc570 who makes all his Toscana tracks with, I'm guessing, zero banking, because he hates banking. There really is no banking to speak of on this track.

Your most likely cause of a mishap by yourself would be if you were distracted for some reason & caught off guard by a sharpish turn, and go headlong into a wall.
At least that's 99% of single-car-mishaps I've seen happen in races on this track.

But, there are always exceptions... :sly:

Do you do races on official Gran Turismo race tracks melon?

I always prefer to race on real life courses, and would love an endurance race on say, Spa or Suzuka in the future.

I'd be up for any car at Spa or on the Nürb.

Seriously. ANY car.

Do you do races on official Gran Turismo race tracks melon?

I always prefer to race on real life courses, and would love an endurance race on say, Spa or Suzuka in the future.

I was thinking about organizing something with the Miata Touring Car on a real world track in september. Something like a Suzuka endurance.

Or perhaps something like that with another small race or sports car.

I'll sign-up for Friday 24 August @ 19:00 GMT race.

GTP Name: jammy21 / PSN Name:GTP_Jammy / Car Colour: Rosso corsa (red)

I'll send FR tonight.

Welcome to everybody!

Do you do races on official Gran Turismo race tracks melon? I always prefer to race on real life courses, and would love an endurance race on say, Spa or Suzuka in the future.

Why yes, yes, I sometimes do!

Jensen Interceptor @ Nürburgring GP/F
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=262302
Real track! :D

I tend to race mostly vintage &/or low powered cars. So well suited custom tracks are a good alternative to city courses, or the limited scope of suitable tracks options.
Which is why I haven't raced Spa too much.
But I hate to limit myself to city courses or Cape Ring Inside & Suzuka East.

I'm also kicking around these ideas:
Suzuki SX-R/4 Concept '01 @ Suzuka
Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70 @ Grand Valley Speedway
And I'm thinking about the Nissan Cube on Motegi High Speed Ring.

I'd be up for any car at Spa or on the Nürb.
Seriously. ANY car.

Honda Step Life Van?
:lol:
How about the CANOPY? :D :D
Or the Alpine 310. :scared:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding.

Actually I was thinking of another event @ Nürburgring 24hrs (time & weather)... much like I did some months back with the MR2 & MX5, and the 80s Savanna & Skyline.
Those races were very popular and well received, and a lot of fun.
Here are the threads about those:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=249862
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=247346

My newest idea is this car pair:
Nissan BLUEBIRD 1600 Deluxe (510) '69
Nissan SILVIA (CSP311) '65

Two 2-lap races.
(These cars come on comfort medium tires.)
The cars are actually pretty closely matched... but of course not quite the same.
I think I tested them awhile back, but I'm going to have to check again to make sure.
So it's pending my testing.

If anyone's interested in that, let me know, and your time constraints. 👍
My time constraint for the next few weeks at least, is US EDT Sundays, Saturday morning, and weekdays before 4:30pm (must finish racing before 4:30pm EDT / 9:30pm BST on weekdays).

I also really want to race this car someplace at some point:
Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62
http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=766
:D

I was thinking about organizing something with the Miata Touring Car on a real world track in september. Something like a Suzuka endurance.

If you do a race with the Miata TC on Suzuka, I know bender2011/miata_1 would be all over that!! He'd be foaming at the mouth! :lol:
But his schedule is limited to weekends, and Mon-Fri after 11:30pm CEST. Which I know is rather opposite your schedule, turbogeit.
I think Sunday evening CEST would be your only mutually conducive time frame.

I'll take a tentative spot for Monday, can confirm on Monday whether I'll have the availability or not.

Zorrin / DitQuois / TBD.

Oh my dear Finn, how can you not have all cars yet? ^^ you really should start buying more cars :P

I always think the same thing... but I generally keep it to myself. ;) :lol:
Because I figure I'm probably the nutball who has all these cars, and in multiples of zero miles or low miles selections in various colours. :lol:
That said, I'm not even really "a collector". I just shop the OCD & UCD a lot.

I was sure I had this car. I checked last night to run some laps and found out I didn't have it (And I have over 700 cars). Some how I must have forgot to buy it when it was in the UCD 3 days ago.

I'm working on a trade now. Should be doing some practice laps later.

It will be interesting to hear carracers times, i like times, they make me happy.

About those cars, I'm not collecting either, really don't care about 0 miles or any of that stuff, just want the possibility to join anything I wan't. :) Probably have 1300 cars by now.. missing one car though, one of the preludes, gave it away to someone who needed it for a series, haven't found it since. ^^

It will be interesting to hear carracers times, i like times, they make me happy.

About those cars, I'm not collecting either, really don't care about 0 miles or any of that stuff, just want the possibility to join anything I wan't. :) Probably have 1300 cars by now.. missing one car though, one of the preludes, gave it away to someone who needed it for a series, haven't found it since. ^^

Japanese Classics? :dopey:

Back