Formula 1 Heineken Grande Prêmio De São Paulo 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 499 comments
I think it's clear that Perez HAS to finish ahead of Bottas in the sprint race tomorrow in order to get Max a win on Sunday.

Last edited:
Well Lewis just did the first part of his job....let's see how it all plays out in the sprint race tomorrow. From the pace he's shown, starting P5 or P6 (assuming he wins the sprint tomorrow) shouldn't be too difficult for him to manage. I'm sure he knows he will need to win this race in order to keep this championship alive.....if Max crosses that line first comes Sunday, it's theoretically game over for Lewis. The remaining races could just be formality because regardless of what Lewis does after that, Max just need to finish 2nd to bag this championship.

Oh dear. So Merc may have killed any slim chance he had of getting a good result and clinging onto the title.

Breaking a TD like that is usually pretty much slam dunk, no arguing your way out of that one.

Merc have made a lot of odd mistakes this year.

I'm pretty much ready for 2022 now.
Yup, pretty much been over for a while now but this is essentially the final nail. He'll start from the pit lane and get to 8th-10th at best, then drop another 5 places back on Sunday. Another recovery drive to P3 at best while VER wins.

Of course, as the legendary Murray Walker said anything can happen in F1 but for VER to lose this title now it's going to require a lot of bad luck from accidents and/or mechanical issues. On pace he's more than got it in hand.

Last edited:
That would partially explain how he suddenly pulled out half a second on Max.
Most of the time Max lost was through positioning the car worse in one of the series of corners. I recently drove the track on GT Sport and it is amazing to see how accurate the characteristics of the track is as taking the line Max took causes similar issues in the game and if you manage to position the car like Lewis did, you gain a lot while also being easier on the tyres which should help for final sector too.

Isn't an ICE swap 10 grid places.
Lewis is getting 5 grid places for swapping the ICE
First one is 10, subsequent is 5.

Ladies and gentlemen i present to you...

Inspector Max! :lol:

It seems Red Bull were already aware of an issue on the Merc before quali, probably why VER was having a poke.

And there's even more pepper. At 1 hour before qualifying, Adrian Newey, Red Bull's chief technology officer, and Paul Monaghan, chief engineer, reportedly visited the FIA. Reason: to report that the Mercedes wing would bend more than allowed above 260 km/h
The excessive flexing and DRS issues are presumably related.

Last edited:
It seems Red Bull were already aware of an issue on the Merc before quali, probably why VER was having a poke.
A cynical part of me (quite a large part admittedly) is waiting for the stewards to pull a Hungary '06 and penalise Max for "tampering with another car in parc-ferme conditions", just to keep the championship interesting.

Ladies and gentlemen i present to you...

Inspector Max! :lol:

What's interesting is that the Red Bull's DRS was quite clearly flapping itself about during the session, but then after Verstappen pokes at the DRS actuator attach point on both his car and Hamilton's after qualy while no-one is watching, it's Hamilton's car that apparently has DRS-gape issues...

I'm sure this all has an entirely innocent explanation though, and merely looks dodgy bereft of that.

Yes, I'm sure Max thought, "I'll just casually break Lewis' DRS right in front of Lewis himself, the Mercedes mechanics, the stewards, marshals, photographers, cameramen, spectators, and millions of viewers around the world and hope no one will notice."...

Any word on this
2021-11-12_23_15_48-Document_18_-_FIA_Document_Management_System.png

Adjourned until the morning. So that and the VER decision will come around the same time.
At just before 10pm local time the stewards announced there would be no decision until Saturday morning. "The Stewards have adjourned the hearing relating to Document 18 of the 2021 FIA Formula 1 São Paulo Grand Prix as they await further evidence that will not be available until the morning," an FIA spokesman said. They also confirmed the rear wing assembly of Hamilton's car will be removed and impounded overnight.

People love to obsess over that race but it's obvious Mercedes weren't giving it 100%. They clearly had the fastest car all year and then suddenly have no answer to Red Bull in the final race of the year having already wrapped up both championships and with a driver who's clearly still unwell who's rushed back into the car because he doesn't want to get shown up by a rookie again...
Yes, I'm sure Max thought, "I'll just casually break Lewis' DRS right in front of Lewis himself, the Mercedes mechanics, the stewards, marshals, photographers, cameramen, spectators, and millions of viewers around the world and hope no one will notice."...
The duality of conspiracy at play here b/c one's Lewis & one's not.

Leave it to Max to do this on the weekend that the championship was pretty much wrapped up.

Coast behind Lewis in the Sprint race, take pole cause of his penalty, and the race is Max's to lose. Literally all he had to do this weekend.

Now the FIA is sweating because it's going to try to appease two very different and opposed fanbases, probably not going to go well. Chris Medland was getting harassed for just reporting on the situation.

Latest Posts

Back