Checo doing his job this weekend - and maybe saving it

Out in Q2​

11. Alex Albon (Williams)

12. Pierre Gasly (Alpine)

13. Daniel Ricciardo (RB)

14. Valtteri Bottas (Sauber)

15. Lance Stroll (Aston Martin)

Last edited:
Verstappen is driving fantastically today. The old Hamilton is back since Silverstone, and Piastri is showing how good he is in the wet compared to his teammate. Great qualifying so far.

Max seemed to have good downforce + tyretemps for the wet conditions. Another very fast quali for him. Leclerc was a surprise like Checo who seems maybe have benefitted from the huge gap everyone on the grid had to Max.

Wonder if Mclaren prioritised race performance and sacrificed a bit of wet pace for it. They were much quicker in the dry.
That seems to be the case:

As Norris and Piastri settled for fifth and sixth in Q3, team boss Andrea Stella said McLaren made sure not to compromise its race day performance by adding too much downforce for Saturday's wet conditions, hoping his drivers can cash in on that decision in what is expected to be a dry grand prix.

"We didn't want to compromise our set-up for today's conditions, because we know that tomorrow we need the top speed," Stella told Sky Sports F1. "We were ready to pay a bit of a price in qualifying because we want to have the most reasonable car tomorrow in the right conditions.

"At the moment, every weather forecast model is predicting dry, so we wanted to make sure that we didn't have a glorious Saturday and then the car is not in condition to capitalise on Sunday."

Nice clean start, and whoa... Lewis P1 on the third lap? I did not see that coming. 😮

C'mon, McLaren. Gogogogo.

Can't say that I expected to see the Mercedes in the mix....Lewis seems to have pace and Russell is keeping Max behind. The red bull are definitely not as fast as I expected them to be.

Can't say that I expected to see the Mercedes in the mix....Lewis seems to have pace and Russell is keeping Max behind. The red bull are definitely not as fast as I expected them to be.
Are you sure? Max should be able to pass Russell without problems.

Latest Posts

Back