Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,905 comments
I had to turn down the difficulty for that one. I figured the idea was jump just in front of the train, but I always ended up behind it after coming out of the cave. IDK what I was doing wrong, just felt like the train had a massive jump in difficulty compared to other 3 showcases.
Thanks, not just me then! I turned the difficulty all the way down and it didn't seem to make any difference. The menu says it adjusts the drivatar difficulty, but I don't know if that also applies to the train which isn't an actual racer in a car.

I jumped in front of the train the first time I did the showcase even though I still lost at the end. This time it's already gone and I jump past the carriage. So, maybe I need to be faster in the first half then...

Oh well, I will get a rush of satisfaction when I finally do it!

Edit: Just done it again, 2:07 and 2nd place. I keep improving and losing, it feels...bugged.
Edit 2: Watching a YT video where someone wins with 2:12 (grumble) I notice after the jump they head for the inside of the turn where you get back on the road, shortening the time spent on mud and increasing time on tarmac. I think this might be the key.
Edit 3: Maybe not. I really thought I had it that time. 2:06.510, the train was 2:06.476.

Last edited:
I think with the train that it's all about having enough speed on the final straight.
As with all showcases it will slow down and wait for you... it doesn't matter how slow you run the first 2 minutes. But at the end it'll move at a certain pace. Try aiming to get on the final stretch with maximal speed, even if you are slower earlier to set things up.

What's with people and massive over-exaggerations and overblowing situations? What logic is applied to that?
He said Playground Games are on the ball, that needs to be called out as nonsense. I just played FH4 again, seasonal playground games event. It STILL has the same long loading bug which has existed for YEARS! The one where at the end of a round, it just sits there for five minutes with nothing happening, before it displays the scoreboard. And then after several more minutes loading the next round, it sits there for another two minutes while it shows the scoreboard before the race. Oh and while your drivatar is standing by their car AND is sitting in the car at the same time! Painstaking attention to detail from these wonderful on the ball devs there.

FH5 is basically an asset flip of FH4 with lots of FH4's content cut out with an axe. They've had three years to do it. And they've still messed it up.

He said Playground Games are on the ball, that needs to be called out as nonsense. I just played FH4 again, seasonal playground games event. It STILL has the same long loading bug which has existed for YEARS! The one where at the end of a round, it just sits there for five minutes with nothing happening, before it displays the scoreboard. And then after several more minutes loading the next round, it sits there for another two minutes while it shows the scoreboard before the race. Oh and while your drivatar is standing by their car AND is sitting in the car at the same time! Painstaking attention to detail from these wonderful on the ball devs there.

FH5 is basically an asset flip of FH4 with lots of FH4's content cut out with an axe. They've had three years to do it. And they've still messed it up.
He sure did, and then you went over the top with that exaggeration. What you posted doesn't really change anything. I'm aware games have bugs, still, whatever you were trying to pull just didn't fit whatsoever.

There's a lot of factors involved with load times and it isn't always the software.

There's a lot of factors involved with load times and it isn't always the software.
The issue I described is a long-standing BUG they never fixed, it's well known about (well apparently not by you). You must not play online very much to have never encountered it yourself.

The issue I described is a long-standing BUG they never fixed, it's well known about (well apparently not by you). You must not play online very much to have never encountered it yourself.
Sounds like it's not well known, then. Lets try not to make up situations to apply to people, it's bad enough overexaggerating.

Last edited:
I found my 2 missing roads and landmarks yesterday. The first road was a very short trail with an XP board at the end in Colinas Áridas and the other was a short frayed out off road section.

For the Auction House Daily Forzathon I bought a Valhalla Concept, just because I couldn't think what to buy from there and cost me 920,000cr so slightly cheaper than the Autoshow.

I also recorded my best finish in The Eliminator for both FH4 and FH5 by finishing 3rd overall in the Level 8 MG, including a victory against one driver.

I think this Trial event for this week is ment to be a 2 players vs 6 drivatars? Seems super hard, already had half a dozen failures and nothing even close to a win. But I’m not giving up just yet.

By the way, you can actually get the 2013 Audi R8 into A class! Equip the heaviest rims and also the ugliest Forza rear wing and the car is in A class. Can get a lot of other upgrades to unlock almost full tuning as well while still staying at A800. Here is the shopping list for the best parts while staying in A class: (I don’t remember how much it all costed, took the screenshot after I already bought the upgrade parts)

View attachment 1094723

I did an initial test with it as well (just having the upgrades installed, the car not tuned yet) and I liked it more than the stock i8. The R8 seems to handle a lot better in the corners on the wet. Talking about the wet, I wonder what the effect would be to equip snow or off-road tires since all races seem to be in the wet.

I’ll make a tune for it tomorrow.

View attachment 1094724
Okay, so I discovered your point to this. I've tried a couple other cars to try to put into A-Class. the GTR 35 Black I can't get it lower than PI 807. I think at this point, rather than waste thousands of CR trying to find a car, I'm just going to ask you to share your tune for the Audi. What a waste of an event! You can't use but 1 or 2 cars to play. And it's week 3, not like everybody has all the cars to play with. Why can't they just just ease into some of these events in the beginning? instead of making it rudely difficult. I also agree with you on the mud and dirt events for performance road cars. It's getting REAL OLD at this point. Why can't we just do race cars on the asphalt, and trucks and SUVs on dirt and mud. Its okay to mix it up every now and then.

EDIT- forget it I found a tune for the GTR

Last edited:
EZNcVqq.png

Might not be the most amazing achievement in the game, but I bet it's one that the vast majority of players won't ever bother completing! The main takeaway I got from the whole thing is that stock S1 and S2 class cars in general are massively, massively improved now and hold the road extremely well. I went through all the ones I've collected so far while doing the street race leaderboards, and not a single one was undriveable. Compared to FH4, where anything above low S1 would just refuse to brake and slide sideways off the road on even the gentlest of corners, it's a very welcome improvement.

I also learned that a 430 Scuderia with offroad tires and a properly setup rally suspension is a surprisingly good A class dirt racing car, even with the stock drivetrain. I don't know if that information is particularly useful, but it does show that their "do anything with anything" claim is pretty valid in some of the more illogical cases. :lol:

I don't know if that information is particularly useful, but it does show that their "do anything with anything" claim is pretty valid in some of the more illogical cases.
Congratulations for rivals. I did it a few days ago. Had to restart the Gauntlet several times because losing focus after 10-15 minutes. The long races are hard to finish clean.
Now back to the quote. I did a Horizon Open Cross Country in S2 class. I was surprised such thing came and had no off road S2 class. So I choose the P1 that have a AWD swap. Better than some Track Toy. Yeah it was a complete disaster. Hyper cars are not meant to do CC. But that is stretching it too far. With proper tune and slow driving is still doable. Now I have a Hoonigan ready, but even that is way too fast for CC.

Congratulations for rivals. I did it a few days ago. Had to restart the Gauntlet several times because losing focus after 10-15 minutes. The long races are hard to finish clean.
Patience is a virtue with the long races, the main thing to keep in mind is that you only need a clean lap time, not a record-breaking lap time, so there's no need to be super aggressive with chopping the corners.
Now back to the quote. I did a Horizon Open Cross Country in S2 class. I was surprised such thing came and had no off road S2 class. So I choose the P1 that have a AWD swap. Better than some Track Toy. Yeah it was a complete disaster. Hyper cars are not meant to do CC. But that is stretching it too far. With proper tune and slow driving is still doable. Now I have a Hoonigan ready, but even that is way too fast for CC.
The real limiting factor with cross country is ground clearance, without a lot of adjusting a hypercar is going to bottom out on even slightly rough terrain because it's almost flat on the ground... great for downforce and cornering, not so much for jumping off ramps and hills.

From my testing it seems like you need at the very least 5.0 on the height adjustment for a car to manage off roading without severe difficulty, if a car has a rally suspension available that's easy enough to do but you also have the set up the springs properly to match it as well.

I don’t play this game myself, so excuse me for being slightly out of the loop here. Why was recent Forza monthly show not scheduled to coincide with the Series 2 lineup for FH5?

I died inside when they talked about the new series for FH4, which is basically a recycled lineup.

So, uh, is anyone else's car coming to a near stop when it hits water splashes/going through lakes on tracks and the AI just powers through them without losing any speed?
This unfortunately has been an issue since at least Horizon 3, I guess it's not getting fixed this time around either :indiff:

With the latest patch removing the ability to earn skill points during blueprint builder mode, I've built a custom blueprint inspired by the AFK Goliath method + Horizon 4's Maserati highway method.

I'm currently automating a 50 lap loop around the major highway, earning about 10-14 skill points per lap, each lap completing in 4m 23s, relying on cars with a Speed Skills boost perk so that speed skills can keep being applied continuously. Currently on the 7th iteration of this map and haven't have the auto-driving break in anyway yet.

If I can figure out the Kangaroo skill's parameters, I may be able to set up something to score even more SP per lap.

Last edited:
Great, logged in today to find one my cars I spent an hour last night building and tuning is just... gone. Was just the '74 Civic so it's not expensive, but makes me wonder if any others have disappeared that I haven't noticed yet.

Edit: Found another one, Holden Torana gone too.

Last edited:
Great, logged in today to find one my cars I spent an hour last night building and tuning is just... gone. Was just the '74 Civic so it's not expensive, but makes me wonder if any others have disappeared that I haven't noticed yet.

Edit: Found another one, Holden Torana gone too.
I had that happen to me a few nights ago. I bought a Land Rover Discovery, painted it, raced it, photographed it. The next morning I fired up the game and everything I had done over the last couple of hours the night previously had disappeared, including the Land Rover.

Last edited:
Is anyone else coming across an issue where you can't see other people in your convoy?

Nvm, I guess it's a known bug, and a pretty bad one.

Last edited:
I'm close to the point where I'm either going to take a break, or play sparingly. The bugs take me out of what I'm trying to do too much. Want to snap some shots? Too bad because there's droplets on the screen for no reason.

Want to partake in Horizon Arcade? LOL. It's much better than before, but still LOL. The screen narrator won't shut the hell up. Oh, that one doesn't take me out of the game (I'm not even in the game at that point) at all, it's simply annoying. Still don't have the P1 despite the hotfix saying it was fixed. I'm not nearly as annoyed anymore so I've forgotten some stuff. :lol:

So they added new wheels and bodykits but the Honda CRX still doesn't have side skirts. :rolleyes:

Also had several issues with events that I already completed registering as NEW and the known problems with joining other players in arcade. I was hoping I could grab some FP but we couldn't even finish the first round because the bullseye targets disappeared on me halfway through which was a waste of time. I think it happened to the other players too since people just started driving around lost.

Also had several issues with events that I already completed registering as NEW and the known problems with joining other players in arcade. I was hoping I could grab some FP but we couldn't even finish the first round because the bullseye targets disappeared on me halfway through which was a waste of time. I think it happened to the other players too since people just started driving around lost.
I had this one happen to me, too. Although I was there by myself. Of course. I jumped through three of four bullseyes, then I get to the next checkpoint and nothing. It just stopped. I don't know why they're having so many problems with Arcade when Forzathon Live was pretty much flawless upon implementation in England.

I find the Cross Country events to be way hard. In the Baja Bug weekly challenge, I used an A-Class tune that I thought would be great. :banghead: But it wasn't. Keeping the Bug straight or correcting the attitude was just too much of a challenge on turns or after jumps. (maybe its easier with a wheel, but I'm Old School controller). I bought another baja Bug, and set up a decent C-class tune. Perfect! I won the first 2 races. The 2nd I thought was the best Cross Country track in any FH game, (Costera Cross Country Circuit, out on the west coast). I saved the Big one for last, but I missed a checkpoint at about 51% so I just turned it off, it was late. I'll try again in the morning.

Regarding cross country events in Baja Bug. I noticed that on some events AIs are much harder than on others. I think it was in Four on the Floor championship where I was really struggling with Descente (the one with descent from the Volcano), never managed to get higher than second. I tried it with the Bug, finished 7th on the highly skilled and just went to other events, which I beat from the first try. So if you struggle with one event just go to the other one.

I also switched it to AWD and added more power, actually felt very nice although might have made it easier than with RWD of course.

Back