Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,905 comments
I find the Cross Country events to be way hard. In the Baja Bug weekly challenge, I used an A-Class tune that I thought would be great. :banghead: But it wasn't. Keeping the Bug straight or correcting the attitude was just too much of a challenge on turns or after jumps. (maybe its easier with a wheel, but I'm Old School controller). I bought another baja Bug, and set up a decent C-class tune. Perfect! I won the first 2 races. The 2nd I thought was the best Cross Country track in any FH game, (Costera Cross Country Circuit, out on the west coast). I saved the Big one for last, but I missed a checkpoint at about 51% so I just turned it off, it was late. I'll try again in the morning.
Like it has been in previous Horizon games, the lower PI a car, the easiest it is to drive. I quickly made a S1 881 maxed off-road tune for the 500K skill score. Used that tune to try the 3 cross country races but gave up quickly. Reset the Bug back to D-class whatever-PI and it was easy to win 3 cross country races. After that, applied the S1 tune again for the trailblazers. 😀

I have a 458 Italia build for that, look for the Speed Zone 458 tune by IgnJaram and you should get it. Try going west to east. Good luck!
Uhm I found East to West easier. Step hard on the brakes for turn 1, cut corners for the next zig-zag turns, then flat out to the end (with some caution for the last slight turn just before the bridge). Annoying and challenging for sure, I’ve got it done in the Corvette C8 but it’s so dependant on that first section. It also seems like you can rewind once at a time during a speed zone. As soon as you rewind twice or more in a row, it fails.

I’m almost done with all the weekly stuff. The only thing left now is the playground games event at the abandoned airport and then that other event to steal a crown. But should be really easy but the multiplayer is so darn broken now. Last night and even this morning the game only seems to connect me with 1 other player instead of a full 6vs6 team. I don’t wanna do Playground games as a 1vs1 so I instantly quit all the time. Was the same with the trials event, soo many times I only connected with 1 player until finally last night I had some teams of 3 or more players.

I’m almost done with all the weekly stuff. The only thing left now is the playground games event at the abandoned airport and then that other event to steal a crown. But should be really easy but the multiplayer is so darn broken now. Last night and even this morning the game only seems to connect me with 1 other player instead of a full 6vs6 team. I don’t wanna do Playground games as a 1vs1 so I instantly quit all the time. Was the same with the trials event, soo many times I only connected with 1 player until finally last night I had some teams of 3 or more players.
I did the playground yesterday in full lobby but stumbled on another issue with it. Somehow the challenge to steal the crown didn't count for me, although I definitely did steal the crown a couple of times. Anyone else had this?

On a different note, I actually enjoyed playground more than in FH4. My main issue with it was the time limits of some events. Always felt like a bit of a drag, and when it lasted for 5 events it felt especially long. Add to that sometimes there were not enough people to actually have fun and it was a no-go most of the time for me. Now it seems like all the events are a little bit shorter which is nice. Maybe it's just me.

I also don't understand why PG is so insistent on driving sport cars on dirt. There was such an event last week and now there's another. I can tune a car for dirt racing but why not just give us a proper dirt car from the start? Adding to that, I didn't know how exactly the Tour worked and two times I participated I ended up driving modern cars on dirt, too:boggled:

I had a dime left over from the last time I visited the States and it's just the right size to wedge between R1 and R2 (shaky one handed photo below).

20211120_102818.jpg

For people in the UK I'm guessing a 5p will work just as well.

I have a 458 Italia build for that, look for the Speed Zone 458 tune by IgnJaram and you should get it. Try going west to east. Good luck!
I'll give thw 458 a try later on today.
I find the Cross Country events to be way hard. In the Baja Bug weekly challenge, I used an A-Class tune that I thought would be great. :banghead: But it wasn't. Keeping the Bug straight or correcting the attitude was just too much of a challenge on turns or after jumps. (maybe its easier with a wheel, but I'm Old School controller). I bought another baja Bug, and set up a decent C-class tune. Perfect! I won the first 2 races. The 2nd I thought was the best Cross Country track in any FH game, (Costera Cross Country Circuit, out on the west coast). I saved the Big one for last, but I missed a checkpoint at about 51% so I just turned it off, it was late. I'll try again in the morning.
It's definitely not easier with a wheel. The wheel support is abominable in FH5. I actually had to use a controller to complete that one because the wheel randomly has massive unrecoverable oversteer(among other issues). Many times I have had to grab a controller because the wheel is so bad. I can forgive bugs because they can be fixed but from what I have read this has been an issue with Horizon for several games(I have always used a controller because I treated this series as my "couch racer" so I can't speak for sure).

If I can figure out the Kangaroo skill's parameters, I may be able to set up something to score even more SP per lap.
A Kangaroo Skill is 3 airs in 5 seconds, if I recall correctly. Maybe if there are some small kickers in the toolbox, rather than giant ramps, that should do the trick.

Does anyone mind capturing an image of the current HOF leaderboard? I'd do it myself, but I'm 70 miles away from anything right now.

Once again, I stayed up way too late making myself laugh:
1551360_screenshots_20211120021041_1.jpg

Weirdly I took the time to get the stripe to run around all the faces of the open end of the wheel arches, but managed to leave it off that front left quarter panel. Probably because it was 2 in the morning. I wanted to write "Tofu or whatever, I don't watch cartoons" but I guess I'll have to wait for the limo to make a comeback for that.

Manually kerning this type letter by letter brought back memories of my past life as a graphic designer and I can't say I liked it.

Does anyone mind capturing an image of the current HOF leaderboard? I'd do it myself, but I'm 70 miles away from anything right now.
Do you confirm that you wrote a 10,000,000 players article to be published? Because i'm pretty sure i saw that headline on GTP yesterday (maybe on the RSS feed) and didn't see it this morning.

It's 9,965k right now, and was 9,912k 4h45 ago.

Edit: 9,983k @18:30 CET (9,965k + 75 minutes)

Edit 2: 9,996k @ 19:25 CET

---------------------------
The game says i bought 26 cars from the Autoshow, but i think i bought like... 3 to 5, maybe. Does anyone feel the same about this Accolade stat? I tried to buy from Auction, but it doesn't increment this count, so i don't know.
1637424927358.png

Last edited:
The game says i bought 26 cars from the Autoshow, but i think i bought like... 3 to 5, maybe. Does anyone feel the same about this Accolade stat? I tried to buy from Auction, but it doesn't increment this count, so i don't know.
Cars you buy through the car collection screen count toward this but cars on the auction house don't. Also I've noticed loads of accolades with broken counters, I have a few that say I've got way over the number of a thing I need (I can't remember which, but one of mine is on something like 145/50), even though I definitely haven't, and the accolade hasn't unlocked anyway.

Cars you buy through the car collection screen count toward this but cars on the auction house don't. Also I've noticed loads of accolades with broken counters, I have a few that say I've got way over the number of a thing I need (I can't remember which, but one of mine is on something like 145/50), even though I definitely haven't, and the accolade hasn't unlocked anyway.
Indeed, but i didn't buy cars via the Collection UI either. The count could be just wrong indeed.
The weird thing with Accolade going over the target without giving the reward (listed in known bugs) is that, at least from one of them i saw, the card wasn't "golded" but the center of it was.

@Milouse yeah, I've seen that too. Weird how the accolades can be so broken when they seem so simple... I've also had the same trouble as a lot of people where some accolades just don't work and others that seem to reset at random (like all the ones for driving from A to B in x minutes in Festivals, I've done almost all of them but they've all reset). I was putting in quite a lot of effort to complete accolades but it doesn't seem like a wise use of your time at the moment.

Weird how the accolades can be so broken when they seem so simple...
I coded an achievement system from scratch for a game, and it was among the most complex part of the game. You have to set multi-conditional triggers, some time related, and "reseters" that should interact with basically every other part in the game. I ended with a small internal API that i called from everywhere. I understand how it could go wrong with many programmers and/or designer interacting with it.

I coded an achievement system from scratch for a game, and it was among the most complex part of the game. You have to set multi-conditional triggers, some time related, and "reseters" that should interact with basically every other part in the game. I ended with a small internal API that i called from everywhere. I understand how it could go wrong with many programmers and/or designer interacting with it.
It's always the simplest things that wind up being the most complex to handle.

Edit. Nevermind. I'm a dummy who put steering at assisted instead of simulation.

Anyone having issues with the car pulling to the side in road races?

Okay, first, my attempt to not play the game until it's better patched didn't last long. So I did the 4x4 cross country championship, which was fine, then tried a road race. The car kept pulling side to side. I restarted the game but had the issue again. Loaded Forza 7 to make sure it's not my controller, and it was fine (quite a few gifts were waiting though), and tried H5 again with the same issue.

Last edited:
Do you confirm that you wrote a 10,000,000 players article to be published? Because i'm pretty sure i saw that headline on GTP yesterday (maybe on the RSS feed) and didn't see it this morning.
Nup, not us. I've been away since 11am yesterday having a quiet weekend.

Anyone having issues with the car pulling to the side in road races?

Okay, first, my attempt to not play the game until it's better patched didn't last long. So I did the 4x4 cross country championship, which was fine, then tried a road race. The car kept pulling side to side. I restarted the game but had the issue again. Loaded Forza 7 to make sure it's not my controller, and it was fine (quite a few gifts were waiting though), and tried H5 again with the same issue.
Check if you have sim damage on, it'll affect suspension after collisions the same way it does in the Motorsport games.

Can’t find the post anymore but someone said that they also didn’t get the Horizon Open “steel a crown” thingy for the weekely event when they were doing the other weekly playground games event “Thunderdome”. Same happened to me. But the steel a crown thingy works if you just join any playground games session from the online menu.

Anyway I’ve got 100% on the weekly stuff now apart from the dailies. :cheers: Also, it seems to have 100% on a week you MUST do the last daily on Wednesday or Thursday before the season change. As soon as a season is changed, you’re at 0/7 dailies again so they don’t carry over from the previous season anymore like in FH4.

Last edited:
Check if you have sim damage on, it'll affect suspension after collisions the same way it does in the Motorsport games.
Thanks. I checked and do not. (I usually have it on but turned it off for the cross country championship).

Edit: I did have steering at assisted instead of simulation, though. D'Oh!

Last edited:
Soooo I managed to find an exciting new way to mess up the AI with the route creator, and this time it's not even intentional. I was making a city course in the Guanajuato area to powerslide some old classics around, and it seems one of my turns makes the game rather unhappy...
BurrZgk.png

If you stray too far forward without making that corner, the automatic pathing gets all kinds of confused and instead of pointing along the correct road, it redirects and tries to send you back up the wrong way to who knows where. This means any AI cars that get pushed too wide will turn around, drive back through this checkpoint, get respawned for missing the next one, then immediately do a three point turn and try to drive backwards again... over and over.

I was going to delete it and try to make it proper, but seeing half the field go into James May mode and get hopelessly lost in the city just amuses me too much. It's also possible that trying to make a circuit race on a point to point starting area might be doing something funky to the pathing in general, but I really don't know anymore.

Last edited:
Man, the AI for the SUV championship are something else. The PI are stated to be the same as me but I highly doubt that when the opponents just gap my car on any sort of straight section.

Can’t find the post anymore but someone said that they also didn’t get the Horizon Open “steel a crown” thingy for the weekely event when they were doing the other weekly playground games event “Thunderdome”. Same happened to me. But the steel a crown thingy works if you just join any playground games session from the online menu.

Anyway I’ve got 100% on the weekly stuff now apart from the dailies. :cheers: Also, it seems to have 100% on a week you MUST do the last daily on Wednesday or Thursday before the season change. As soon as a season is changed, you’re at 0/7 dailies again so they don’t carry over from the previous season anymore like in FH4.
Just choose Horizon Open from the pause menu, then choose Games. You'll end up in a 'free for all' style games, (not team based, but indidvidual). It was really weird with the Flag Challenge, as there are multiple (4 or 5?) flag colors with equal bases. It got to be a little confusing. King was again every man for himself, but fun. Infected is cool, 1 player starts off infected and continues until all are infected. I got the abandoned airfield, which I think is the best Games Arena yet. Anyway, it's pretty easy to capture a crown. After all the events completes, and it gives you the option to continue, quit there, and when you come back to free roam the challenge will alert completion.

Last edited:
Back