Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,905 comments
For anyone struggling with the seasonal danger sign. I have an offroad diesel swapped Charger on my storefront.

P.S. I'm always looking for feedback on my tunes and such.
I have a good A Class tune for the Mustang barn find, but it barely makes the jump. Search on my Storefront.

I thought you were supposed to get the masteries of a car bought at the auction since said masteries were refunded to the seller but I bought a Cobra that had the 1st mastery already used? Ideas?

Anyone else having issues when making a custom circuit using a point-to-point (Street scene, apex...) starting point ?
I set it as 5 laps but the actual race is just borked lol :

AuTAULj.png
OyjQEel.jpg
Funny 'cause it worked like a charm in FH4

I thought you were supposed to get the masteries of a car bought at the auction since said masteries were refunded to the seller but I bought a Cobra that had the 1st mastery already used? Ideas?
I may be wrong but this is what I have experienced since the release if this game. You only get the masteries if a car that was gifted to you. For auction house cars you get what the previous owner did not use.

it seems to have 100% on a week you MUST do the last daily on Wednesday or Thursday before the season change. As soon as a season is changed, you’re at 0/7 dailies again so they don’t carry over from the previous season anymore like in FH4.
I might be misreading this, but I don't think that's true. I have done several of last weeks dailys this week and they have gone gold and the points added on to last weeks total. I haven't been going for 100% so not sure if it affects other things and I didn't do much FH4 so maybe it does work differently and I'm misunderstanding!

Me I get turned down at the auction-house trying to put in a lousy 3k-bid. Game tells me I do not have enough dineros but there is still 2mill on my account after buying me a castle :confused:

Last edited:
I may be wrong but this is what I have experienced since the release if this game. You only get the masteries if a car that was gifted to you. For auction house cars you get what the previous owner did not us
That being the case is there any way to tell what masteries are left on a car at the AH or is it just a crapshoot?

Anyone else having issues when making a custom circuit using a point-to-point (Street scene, apex...) starting point ?

Start the race from "My Shared Events" tab, it will work fine then 👍

Ah It appears its not vibration effects that are missing but it's the ffb that's missing effects that were in fh4 ie revving engine, as turning off vibration in fh4 has no effect over these on my t300rs.

AuTAULj.png
OyjQEel.jpg
It's a weird thing with the route creator, if you try to play it directly after it's made then it acts screwy like that, but if you exit and load it from the world map or your creative hub it'll work properly. Super 7 challenge cards will do that too if you place any custom props or the like, I dunno if it's just a hitch with the world resetting and reloading or what.

That being the case is there any way to tell what masteries are left on a car at the AH or is it just a crapshoot?
It’s just a crapshoot. There’s no way of knowing.

Speaking of crapshoots, it now appears to be a crapshoot if the game will remember the last two hours of my previous session. I just started up the game and half the weekly playlist that I completed last night is back as uncompleted. The Radical I won for getting enough points last night? Gone from my garage and needing about a dozen more points to acquire. Again. I’m starting to get a little frustrated with this game.

Start the race from "My Shared Events" tab, it will work fine then 👍
Well colour me surprised ! It works !

It's a weird thing with the route creator, if you try to play it directly after it's made then it acts screwy like that, but if you exit and load it from the world map or your creative hub it'll work properly. Super 7 challenge cards will do that too if you place any custom props or the like, I dunno if it's just a hitch with the world resetting and reloading or what.
This game is a bit of a mess isn't it ? Between this and the workaround I found to 'bypass' the required test drive before making any events from a custom route... It ain't user friendly lol.

This game is a bit of a mess isn't it ? Between this and the workaround I found to 'bypass' the required test drive before making any events from a custom route... It ain't user friendly lol.
Eh, li'l bit. But knowing both that the whole pandemic has been and still is messing with the development cycle, and that PG definitely has the resources to fix these things and will continue to provide support for the game for a good long time, I'm willing to put up with some minor inconveniences in the first couple weeks.

Now if this was a NASCAR: Ignition sort of scenario, where they shipped a game that is borderline unplayable and probably won't get fully fixed because they're relying on DLC sales to fund future patches, then I wouldn't be quite so understanding.

It’s just a crapshoot. There’s no way of knowing.

Speaking of crapshoots, it now appears to be a crapshoot if the game will remember the last two hours of my previous session. I just started up the game and half the weekly playlist that I completed last night is back as uncompleted. The Radical I won for getting enough points last night? Gone from my garage and needing about a dozen more points to acquire. Again. I’m starting to get a little frustrated with this game.
Did it give you a message about the game switching to the fallback server because the main server is down? Then your progress should be restored once the main server is back online. At least that's what happened with me last week. I was even able to win the points a second time and was able to get both cars twice. Admittedly it didn't take the original cars out of my garage though, so you may be experiencing something different to me.

Last edited:
Eh, li'l bit. But knowing both that the whole pandemic has been and still is messing with the development cycle, and that PG definitely has the resources to fix these things and will continue to provide support for the game for a good long time, I'm willing to put up with some minor inconveniences in the first couple weeks.

Now if this was a NASCAR: Ignition sort of scenario, where they shipped a game that is borderline unplayable and probably won't get fully fixed because they're relying on DLC sales to fund future patches, then I wouldn't be quite so understanding.
Yeah I'm just surprised something that worked in FH4 isn't working as well or as easily in FH5.
Nothing game-breaking and still a very enjoyable game (don't know if I'll surpass the 1500 hours I put into FH4 lol).

Last edited:
Yeah I'm just surprised something that worked in FH4 isn't working as well or as easily in FH5.
Nothing game-breaking and still a very enjoyable game (don't know if I'll surpass the 1500 hours I put into FH4 lol).
Well they did add the whole advanced rules system to it (which I still haven't yet fully explored), and I imagine that's changed a fair amount of what happens behind the scenes. And from what I know of programming, it's all too easy to break something that was working by adding something else, even if the two things shouldn't even be interacting with each other.

Well they did add the whole advanced rules system to it (which I still haven't yet fully explored), and I imagine that's changed a fair amount of what happens behind the scenes. And from what I know of programming, it's all too easy to break something that was working by adding something else, even if the two things shouldn't even be interacting with each other.
The advanced rules system is pretty cool. Only have been using it to shorten the test drive bit but there's potential to make some wacky races there.

Did it give you a message about the game switching to the fallback server because the main server is down? Then your progress should be restored once the main server is back online. At least that's what happened with me last week. I was even able to win the points a second time and was able to get both cars twice. Admittedly it didn't take the original cars out of my garage though, so you may be experiencing something different to me.
Unfortunately no. I didn’t get that message.

Last edited:
FYI: Using a stock '65 Mustang for the Tunnel/Guadalajara street race is goofy fun, especially with traffic and most of the AI in muscle cars.

I might be misreading this, but I don't think that's true. I have done several of last weeks dailys this week and they have gone gold and the points added on to last weeks total. I haven't been going for 100% so not sure if it affects other things and I didn't do much FH4 so maybe it does work differently and I'm misunderstanding!
Ooh ok, that’s really nice to know! Maybe it looks different if all 7 dailies from the week before have been cleared. Thanks for that update!

So I got a Agera for 700,000 but all the good perks ahd been used hence my previous posts. So I turned around and re-auctioned it for 2 mil for a 1.3 mil profit. 😁
I tried to warn people on Wednesday.
Something I've noticed with auctioned cars is that the perks aren't reset like they are with gifted cars. If you want to be sure of getting wheelspins and mastery screen cars it may be better to save up and drop the extra cash at the autoshow to avoid disappointment.

Last edited:
I tried playing on xCloud and this was the result.
I played for around an hour and while the framerate rarely dropped, the resolution changed often and it was hit or miss on trying to drive precise.

I tried playing on xCloud and this was the result.
I played for around an hour and while the framerate rarely dropped, the resolution changed often and it was hit or miss on trying to drive precise.

Racing Games surely have to be one of the least suited genres to streaming, after twitch shooters.

Back